How to find a quiet condo in Boston/Cambridge?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from johnath. Show johnath's posts

Re: How to find a quiet condo in Boston/Cambridge?

In Response to Re: How to find a quiet condo in Boston/Cambridge?:
    [QUOTE]I just listed my Condo in Porter Sq. for sale and it might fit you needs.  its the 1st floor or a 3 family.  The 2nd floor owner is a single librarian, very quite. 3rd floor is a nice couple. Please refer to: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/149-Walden-St-UNIT-1-Cambridge-MA-02140/56437591_zpid/ I would be happy to set up a time for you to walk through.  Thanks joshsolar@gmail.com Owner/broker
    Posted by joshsolar[/QUOTE]
    This brings up another problem. When something needs to be done how do you vote? Remember you are i out of three votes. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JanisLippman. Show JanisLippman's posts

Hi and Happy New Year!
    If noise is an issue for you than you should probably try the following:
    1.  Make sure the home is located on a side street.
    2.  If you do choose a condo
    a. make sure you are on the top floor.  Its always quieter than the floors below.
    b.  make sure the construction is such that there is insulation between floors.  OR find an older multi-unit building built around the turn-of-the-century.  There will be more steel, bricks and cement, always better for noise vs. wood construction.

If you need further help.  Please feel free to contact me.
    Janis Lippman, REALTOR
    Coldwell Banker
    617-796-5913
    janis.lippman@nemoves.com
    www.EllenAndJanisRealEstate.com

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shazam. Show Shazam's posts

Find a condo on a dead end street (or private way) of which there are many in Cambridge. As for noise between apartments, try getting a floor through apartment which will mean there will be no wall noise from neighbors. As for noise from above or below, try seeing the apartment again in the evening when the neighbors are more likely to be home and see how it sounds. There are many floor through 1 and 2 bedroom (especially 2 bedroom) condos in Cambridge in your price range.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jessicadb. Show jessicadb's posts

I lived in South Boston for several years and thought it was really nice and quiet. I am actually putting my 1 bedroom condo in South Boston on the market in 2 weeks. The address is 366 K Street, South Boston. Penthouse. It has great views of the water and Boston city line.  If you are interested you can contact my real estate agent at dwaynebarnes@jckcrealty.com.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MatthewSKaneEBA. Show MatthewSKaneEBA's posts

Some of the new construction concrete buildings (avoid brownstones) are sound *resistant*; find a top floor unit; find out as much as you can about the demographics of the building.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CDRN. Show CDRN's posts

Hi. I agree that there are many quiet places to live in Cambridge. We live on a main street, but our 2 BR condo is in the back of the house with a quiet side entrance. I think renovation or new construction definitely helps with this. We have a very quiet building and our unit is for sale: www.210ProspectSt.com. Good luck with your search!

Sections
Shortcuts