Middleton, MA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jenn721k. Show Jenn721k's posts

Middleton, MA

My husband and I are currently looking to move to the suburbs and are considering Middleton, MA due to the strong school systems.  However, we are concerned with the commute into the city/to public transportation into the city as we both work in Boston.  Does anyone out there live in Middleton and commute into the city regularly?  What does the typical commute look like?  Any other feedback on the community in general would be really helpful.  Thanks!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mgibbons-leaderMortgage-com. Show Mgibbons-leaderMortgage-com's posts

Re: Middleton, MA

I work in Arlington and travel in and out of the city daily from Beverly you can expect an hour or on bad days up 2 hours.  I would recomend commuter rail if having your vehicle is not necessary

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nZone. Show nZone's posts

If you are going to commute down route 1 south...you're looking at 1-2 hrs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJ14. Show KJ14's posts

I used to drive from Middleton, and I would say an 1 hr is an accurate average. That was leaving around 8-8:15 a.m. If you leave before 7:30 you can cruise in, and leaving after 8:30 things die down a bit too. 2 hours was rare. Middleton is great because you can hop onto Rt. 1 very easily. I would also take the train from Wakefield occassionally which isn't bad, either. A 15 minute drive from Middleton to the Wakefield train stop. I think it's a fairly convenient place to live. You should try the commute one day just to see if it's something you think you could handle it on a day-to-day basis. Used to do the drive from Beverly too and it's a lot better than that commute. Good luck!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

I would say from Middleton that the commute would be right around an hour as well. Of course..this changes in the event of bad weather or an accident..but generally speaking your commute down Rte.1 will not be as bad as 93. Also, having the option of the train is valuable.
    I like Middleton because it's a nice , quiet community yet so close to everything.