Skylights add value?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Skylights add value?

What is your opinion on skylights?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Re: Skylights add value?

Wondering what your thoughts are on adding skylights to a house?  Do they add any value upon resale or are they something to stay away from and focus your dollars elsewhere?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

What's the difference between choices 1 and 3?

I'll vote for number 1, but when you tally your results you should combine the results for choices 1 and 3 - they are statistically the same.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Choice #1 is from the perspective of a potential home buyer saying that a house outfitted with skylights is nice, but isn't worth anymore (in terms of asking price) to them than a similar house w/o them. 

Choice #3 reflects the point of view of a current homeowner (someone not looking to buy) who might like the look of skylights but would not opt to pay the expense of having them installed in their current home with their own money. 

Hope that helps!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kargiver. Show kargiver's posts

I understand.  However, I'd still combine those results if it were my survey because both responses say the respondant likes skylights but not enough to pay for them.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cosmogirl. Show cosmogirl's posts

I think most buyers are skeptical about skylights -- they are often badly installed and you can expect that they will leak and/or fail.

Not a fan.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redflatshoe. Show redflatshoe's posts

In Response to Skylights add value?:
    What is your opinion on skylights?
    Posted by rodman75

I bought a house with an indoor green house with skylights facing south.  That side of the house is much brighter and warmer. However, they tend to make the house hotter during the summer.

Sections
Shortcuts