Are Open Houses Woth it?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarieZorn. Show MarieZorn's posts

Are Open Houses Woth it?

I happen to love Open Houses and prepare a week in advance for them.
    If you are an agent, your thoughts? Useful, beneficial or waste of time?
    If you are a buyer, your thoughts? Good use of your time or would you be just as happy to make an appointment for a private showing?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Re: Are Open Houses Woth it?

I would suggest that open houses within the first week or two that a house has just been put on the market might be beneficial but after that I feel they're a waste of time.  Most 'serious' buyers have already seen the house on-line before they even take one step into the house.  Some serious buyers might not be able to make an appointment within the first week due to lifes circumstances, so the weekend open house is good in that sense.  After more than two weeks I think that the serious buyers have already seen a particular house and know if they're interested.  At that point I think Open Houses would only serve the realtor who might be able to network & pick up a buyer or a listing.  Let all the curious neighbors and people out for a Sunday stroll go elsewhere after two weeks!!  When I bought my house, I was on-line several times a day looking for updates, price changes, etc.  I knew my local market in & out and knew what constituted a good buy versus overpaying.  In the end, serious buyers should be on-line often and not waiting for a call from their realtor.  I'm not suggesting that realtors are sluggish, but when they have several clients they cannot focus soley on your house search.  Once you call them, they will absolutely get you an appointment.  The good houses still sell quickly and if you wait for an open house you will most likely lose that house. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

hmm.. while I agree with Rodman, I also think there is a benefit to buyers with an open house.  We are currently trying to sell our condo and, simultaneously, buy a house.  I am sure that this is a common occurance.
    As we cannot predict the market, we probably are not what most would call "serious" buyers, although we are pre-approved and would make an offer within a day of accepting one on our place.  We are looking into the housing market in the areas we like and want to have possible homes in mind for when we can act.  This being said, we aren't working with a buyer's agent and do not want to pester anyone by trying to get into homes that may or may not be available when we are ready to buy.  We have been researching on line and heading to open houses of those that interest us.  I feel that it is a benefit to the agent we will end up working with, as well as to us.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from seoajay. Show seoajay's posts

Thanks for information. I am new in Real Estate. I am a Agent and now i will think and try to move for open house.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barfa. Show Barfa's posts

In Response to Are Open Houses Woth it?:

Depends on how the open house is timed and whether price and staging are right. I wandered into my current home for an open house. It had just come on the market, slightly underpriced as a selling strategy. I fell in love and offered $$ over asking. Good thing I did: they got 4 offers within 24 hours, two over asking. This was two years ago, in the midst of the "downturn." The same broker sold my house and timed it the same way: one open house, pre-showing to brokers, who were informed that their clients would have 24 hours to submit an offer after the open house. I got two offers and quickly closed. So, bought and sold within a month or so. Again, in the midst of a "downturn." But the price has to be right, and it has to look great: your first shot is your best shot. Make sure it's staged, clean and uncluttered. The serious buyers are waiting for your house!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RR2008. Show RR2008's posts

Re: Are Open Houses Worth it?

In Response to Are Open Houses Worth it?:

I was a recent buyer and closed on my home a few months ago.  Open houses were very useful when I started looking in different and unfamiliar neighborhoods.  I could visit several homes on one Sunday and have a good impression of what was out there for the price range I was targeting.  Once I narrowed down my choices to fewer towns, the private showings became the predominant way I saw homes.

I had been looking on and off for almost a year and went through several different agents.  In the end, I changed to a fantastic agent that I met an open house.  You can definitely utilize the open house to see the home but also to screen a fair number of agents too.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cedrikduncan011. Show cedrikduncan011's posts

As an real estate agent too at http://www.parhaattoimitilat.fi/ can say that it has a benefits cause it can recruit potential customer specially the open house is allowing outsider or friend of people who already bought house in that place.