Biggest bang for your buck?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Re: Biggest bang for your buck?

I would go with carpet in all the rooms.  As you know, hardwood would be the best choice but it can be costly.  That being said, carpet feels nice on your feet and looks great when it's new.  Plus, the 'flow' would be smoother, in other words, when you start breaking up rooms with different flooring it begins to make a house appear choppy.   As subtle as it may sound, you don't want buyers line of vision to be broken up with different flooring.  One uniform flooring plan is the way to go, with the exception of kitchens and baths.  I would urge you to get an extra thick pad for an even softer feel.  Keep your paint neutral (beiges, grays, etc) to appeal to the masses.  Good luck with the sale. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tibird. Show tibird's posts

Great advice Rodman, thanks!  I hadn't thought of consistency, we will keep that in mind!
    And if we go with carpet, thicker padding seems like a great idea.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarieZorn. Show MarieZorn's posts

This all sounds great! I was going to suggest Staging but with 3 rooms-you know the drill:de-cltter, make the rooms look as big as possible. Don't get so vanilla, your house has no persoanlity! A word on the window treatments tho-if you have a nice view, leave them. You will keep them open always anyway to let as much light in as possible,so save some $ there. Good luck!