Considering Milford

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from June09. Show June09's posts

Considering Milford

My husband and I are considering buying in Milford, MA. I'm curious to know what people who currently live there think of the town and the school system.

There are a few properties we like in Holliston and Hopkinton, and I have heard great things about their schools. But there seem to be more properties in our price range in Milford.

Thanks for any advice!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ubet. Show ubet's posts

Re: Considering Milford

Have you ever driven around Milford?  I would recommend driving around the downtown area to see who your children will be going to school with and view the community you will be living in.  I do quite a bit of business in Milford but do not live there.

The quality of education your children would receive in Holliston/Hopkinton would be far, far superior to Milford.  Go with the smaller house in a better town, it's a better financial and quality of life decision.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedFishBlueFish. Show RedFishBlueFish's posts

Location, location, location. Drive through all three downtown areas.

Hopkinton high school was just the second-highest ranked school in the state in Newsweek's 500 best high schools in the nation (95th overall).

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfanoviedo. Show redsoxfanoviedo's posts

I grew up in Medway, next town over.  There's a reason why prices in Milford are so much more affordable than Holliston and Hopkinton.  Try Medway, schools are great there too, but stay away from Milford.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RandyBrook. Show RandyBrook's posts

Well i heard some good stuff in that place and i think it is a great idea.I remember when i was also consider buying a home but not in this place but in Finland country cause in that place there what they called oman asunnon myynti or to sell their homes which i bought a home in very affordable price with a good location as well.

Sections
Shortcuts