Florida Real Estate: Good time to buy?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarieZorn. Show MarieZorn's posts

Re: Florida Real Estate: Good time to buy?

Rodman: If I had extra cash around, I would defitinitely buy up some properties. If Del Ray is a popular destination, has alot of services to offer, you like visiting it, can make money renting it and your trusted, professional agent has educated you on the pro's and con's, then why not? Make sure the condo building has good occupancy numbers.

I think that it has to be a nice area, not just cheap prices.

I attended a seminar and it was confirmed-wealth is made in down times in real estate. All it takes is cash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Barfa. Show Barfa's posts

In Response to Florida Real Estate: Good time to buy?:

With prices this low, you can't lose -- especially if you'd like to live there eventually. I love FL and own 2 condos, one on each coast. Find something you'd like to live in yourself, don't just buy something because it's cheap. Since you'll be an absentee landlord/owner, it helps to buy into a complex with a management and/or rental company -- hugely simplifies things. Also, watch out for high condo fees, typical in most of the new construction high-rises.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rodman75. Show rodman75's posts

Thanks Barfa & MarieZorn, you bring up some good points to consider. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CommonSenseToday. Show CommonSenseToday's posts

Definitely, just watch out for mold issues with bank-owned properties especially and Chinese drywall

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Esterobrenda. Show Esterobrenda's posts

In Response to Florida Real Estate: Good time to buy?:
    It is a great time to buy in flordia.  I have not seen prices this low in a long time.  There are things to watch out for though.  Sometimes the best looking deals aren't the best.  When the prices are really low it may be because it is not a highly desirable area.  When looking at condos make sure that the community is financially sound.  I sell in the Ft. myers and Naples area.  The prices are a bit higher.  I have a 2/2 in a bundled golf community for $129,000.  That is lower than the original developer pricing.  You can rent it out in season and make enough to cover your taxes and HOA fees.  you can email me at brendabergin@earthlink.net if you have questions on real estate in sw florida.