When will real estate prices begin rising again?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SingleMomInMatheun. Show SingleMomInMatheun's posts

Re: When will real estate prices begin rising again?

[QUOTE]There is SOME real estate talk, but you will need to use your IGNORE feature quite often to weed out the trolls.
    Posted by Boston007[/QUOTE]

I don't see anything here about buying or selling just cartoons and pictues of a bunch of old men in suits.  I don't care about the past I want to talk about what I should be doing now to find a affordable place for my family.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinanceMike. Show FinanceMike's posts

[QUOTE] I want to talk about what I should be doing now to find a affordable place for my family.
    Posted by SingleMomInMatheun[/QUOTE]

Hi Single -

It sounds like you have a very specific objective.  This thread is looking at a slightly different, much broader question so you might not find information relevant to your question.  Have you thought of starting your own discussion thread?  You will probably get a greater amount of directly useful information that way.

Good luck!

Finance Mike

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrinksWithJoMammy. Show DrinksWithJoMammy's posts

[QUOTE]You must be one of thoses trolls I was warned about I will put you in the ignore file and report you for being so rude..

You go singlemom

You go momgirl

There are trolls on this page but we ignore em singlemom

Lets talk real real estate and not post toons and pics

Where you lookin to buy singlemom

What you lookin for

Drinks

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SingleMomInMatheun. Show SingleMomInMatheun's posts

[QUOTE]You go singlemom You go momgirl There are trolls on this page but we ignore em singlemom Lets talk real real estate and not post toons and pics Where you lookin to buy singlemom What you lookin for Drinks
    Posted by DrinksWithJoMammy[/QUOTE]

I don't know if your serious or another one of those trolls but here goes.  I have saved about 35,000 for a down payment and wat a two bedroom condo inside 128.  I have a daughter who will be starting school in the fall and I want good schools for her.  It wouls be nice if the condo was near the train/bus lines because in work in Boston.

I you crack wise I will put you in the ignore file like I did the other ignorant troll.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrinksWithJoMammy. Show DrinksWithJoMammy's posts

Wow singlemom girl

35k is a lot of loot

You should be able to write your own ticket on a condo

Wellesley newton needham and belmont inside 128 with good schools

Looking there single mom girl

Where did you get 35k

Being a single mom aint cheap

You hit the lottery singlemom girl

Drinks

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SingleMomInMatheun. Show SingleMomInMatheun's posts

[QUOTE]Wow singlemom girl 35k is a lot of loot You should be able to write your own ticket on a condo Wellesley newton needham and belmont inside 128 with good schools Looking there single mom girl Where did you get 35k Being a single mom aint cheap You hit the lottery singlemom girl Drinks

All those towns have good schools but they are expensive especially Wellesley. I did look in Needham and Belmont but didn't find anything we liked.  Maybe I should look at Newton.  What do you think about Cambridge and Watertown.  Is anybody buiding any new condos that you know of.

As for my down payment no I didn't win the lottery but I got a good job with an investment company in Boston.  I help do the financial reports and have a nice salary with good benefits.  The down payment is from my year end bonuses from the last couple of years.  I saved the money and now want to put it toward a condo.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from justwant2gohome. Show justwant2gohome's posts

[QUOTE]All those towns have good schools but they are expensive especially Wellesley. I did look in Needham and Belmont but didn't find anything we liked.  Maybe I should look at Newton.  What do you think about Cambridge and Watertown.  Is anybody buiding any new condos that you know of. As for my down payment no I didn't win the lottery but I got a good job with an investment company in Boston.  I help do the financial reports and have a nice salary with good benefits.  The down payment is from my year end bonuses from the last couple of years.  I saved the money and now want to put it toward a condo.  

horray horray

a site where they are really really talking about real estate not complaining about losing money or making fun of renters.

horray hroray.

i'm looking for a small house inside 128 i want a small lot with a fenced yard for my dog and a garden. i cant afforrd any of the towns were you are looking but i like waltham and concord.

are you using a good broker i could use a good buyers broker.

thank yo so much for talking about real estate.

love you.Smile

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from lrecliner. Show lrecliner's posts

[QUOTE]All those towns have good schools but they are expensive especially Wellesley. I did look in Needham and Belmont but didn't find anything we liked.  Maybe I should look at Newton.  What do you think about Cambridge and Watertown.  Is anybody buiding any new condos that you know of. As for my down payment no I didn't win the lottery but I got a good job with an investment company in Boston.  I help do the financial reports and have a nice salary with good benefits.  The down payment is from my year end bonuses from the last couple of years.  I saved the money and now want to put it toward a condo.  

I would include Waltham in your search. Right next to Newton and you may be able to get more for your money there. Don't know much about the schools though. If thats too far out, you might want to check out Arlington as well. A friend of my wife found a decent 2 BR condo there. I am pretty sure the schoold there are pretty good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SingleMomInMatheun. Show SingleMomInMatheun's posts

[QUOTE]I would include Waltham in your search. Right next to Newton and you may be able to get more for your money there. Don't know much about the schools though. If thats too far out, you might want to check out Arlington as well. A friend of my wife found a decent 2 BR condo there. I am pretty sure the schoold there are pretty good.
    Posted by lrecliner[/QUOTE]

Thank you for the suggestion, I thought about Waltham because it is on the surface rail but I wasn't sure about the schools.  I don't know much about Arlington but will check it out. Do you have any idea how much your wife's friend paid for her condo.  Have you heard anything about the condos in Waltham called Repton Place.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrinksWithJoMammy. Show DrinksWithJoMammy's posts

[QUOTE]Thank you for the suggestion, I thought about Waltham because it is on the surface rail but I wasn't sure about the schools.  I don't know much about Arlington but will check it out. Do you have any idea how much your wife's friend paid for her condo.  Have you heard anything about the condos in Waltham called Repton Place.  

Yo singlemom girl.

Arlington is ok but its full of college kids so be careful

Waltham schools are so-so but the places are cheap.

Repton is new and not selling so you can get a real deal.

A place down the street riverbank lofts is creepy

It is a office building convered into condos

makes you feel like to live at work

Drinks 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SingleMomInMatheun. Show SingleMomInMatheun's posts

[QUOTE]Yo singlemom girl. Arlington is ok but its full of college kids so be careful Waltham schools are so-so but the places are cheap. Repton is new and not selling so you can get a real deal. A place down the street riverbank lofts is creepy It is a office building convered into condos makes you feel like to live at work Drinks 

Do you talk like you write. Anyway is Repton in Waltham or Watertown.  Have far from Repton is the creepy place.  Do you know anything about the schools in Watertown, Concord, or Lexington. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from justwant2gohome. Show justwant2gohome's posts

Hi mom.

Here's the site for Repton Place http://www.reptonplace.com/

It looks like a fun place.  Maybe I should look for a condo instead of a house what do you think.

Here's the site for the creepy place http://www.luxuryboston.com/Riverbank-Lofts-Watertown

It does look creepy I wouldn't want to liove there even if it is on the river.

Love you Smile 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from justwant2gohome. Show justwant2gohome's posts

Yoo Hoo anybody out there. I went to look at Reton Place last night and it is very very nice. It looks like a park and it is next door to a park.

Across the street is a farm stand and down the street is a grocery.

Did you know in Watertown you get 50% off your taxes if you live in your own condo?

I can get a new 1 bedroom for 300,000. 

Love you Smile

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrinksWithJoMammy. Show DrinksWithJoMammy's posts

Yo momma

Your right about takin the bus

Look how much you can save momma

Boston leads 20 other American cities in the amount that people can save if they take public transportation, according to a new survey.

In Boston, people can save $12,632 a year by taking the subway or bus instead of driving, the American Public Transportation Association said.

Drinks

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from justwant2gohome. Show justwant2gohome's posts

Hello felow house hunters. I am going to seven open houses this weekend if you are interested I will tell you all about my open house adventures. I would also love to hear about your open houses and real estate adventures.

Love you all Smile

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from arntzville. Show arntzville's posts

SingleMomInMatheun -

I don't know how much logic has crept back into the mortgage lending process, but if I were a lender trying to actually make money as such, I'd think long and hard before making a loan to purchase a condo at Repton Place. It looks very nice, and it's right across the street from Russo's (huge bonus), but there are many finished, unsold units, and the market is still in free fall. Whose valuation on one of those units should I trust enough to make a loan, even with 20% down? Repton Place is also in Watertown, not Waltham; I don't know how the schools compare.

Aside from having all the coziness of an office park, Riverbank Lofts also overlooks the abandoned Haartz Mason plant, which currently looks like hell and will eventually be a months to years long demo/construction project once it's developed.

I was looking at 1 BD condos and then 2BD condos before now focusing on small SFHs (watching the market drop as my down payment and salary increase). With a $35k down payment, you're looking for a 2BD condo for around $175k, which is going to be tough. Schools aside, and assuming that Everett/Lynn/Revere are off the table, your best bets for value inside 128 are probably Quincy, Woburn, and maybe Melrose/Stoneham. Might want to look at Malden and Saugus as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SingleMomInMatheun. Show SingleMomInMatheun's posts

[QUOTE]SingleMomInMatheun - I don't know how much logic has crept back into the mortgage lending process, but if I were a lender trying to actually make money as such, I'd think long and hard before making a loan to purchase a condo at Repton Place. It looks very nice, and it's right across the street from Russo's (huge bonus), but there are many finished, unsold units, and the market is still in free fall. Whose valuation on one of those units should I trust enough to make a loan, even with 20% down? Repton Place is also in Watertown, not Waltham; I don't know how the schools compare. Aside from having all the coziness of an office park, Riverbank Lofts also overlooks the abandoned Haartz Mason plant, which currently looks like hell and will eventually be a months to years long demo/construction project once it's developed. I was looking at 1 BD condos and then 2BD condos before now focusing on small SFHs (watching the market drop as my down payment and salary increase). With a $35k down payment, you're looking for a 2BD condo for around $175k, which is going to be tough. Schools aside, and assuming that Everett/Lynn/Revere are off the table, your best bets for value inside 128 are probably Quincy, Woburn, and maybe Melrose/Stoneham. Might want to look at Malden and Saugus as well.
    Posted by arntzville[/QUOTE]

arntzville

You are right. I looked at both Repton and the Lofts over the weekend and they are not for us.  Repton is almost empty and the few people who live there are all kids from foreign countries.  The Lofts it is right next to a burned out building. If I wanted to live in Lawrence I would live in Lawrence not the Lofts.

The places you metioned are to far away from the T and where I work so I don't want to look at Quincy, Woburn, and Melrose/Stoneham. I will take your advice and start looking  at small houses.  

Thanks

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mortgageman. Show mortgageman's posts

LOL you guys are still at it , is the "consolidator" still around TY MM

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamTextsOnTheT. Show SamTextsOnTheT's posts

THIS BOARD IS DEAD

FAREWELL TO 100,000 WORD CUT AND PASTE MISSIVES.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamTextsOnTheT. Show SamTextsOnTheT's posts

I don't know a lot about their process, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.  I still believe we need to get to long term average transactional volume to believe the market has stabilized. 

Oh Mikie I love it when you talk techie!  I love it more when you run to the monitors to complain about my posts.

It proves that you read my every word and that my little missives pizz you off no end.

I love you Little Mikie, you insecure little wussy.

Your lover Sammy

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamTextsOnTheT. Show SamTextsOnTheT's posts

"I don't know a lot about their process, so I'd take it with a grain of salt.  I still believe we need to get to long term average transactional volume to believe the market has stabilized. "

Oh Mikie I love it when you talk techie!  I love it more when you run to the monitors to complain about my posts.

It proves that you read my every word and that my little missives pizz you off no end.

I love you Little Mikie, you insecure little wussy.

Your lover Sammy

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrinksWithFinanceGuys. Show DrinksWithFinanceGuys's posts

[QUOTE]LOL you guys are still at it , is the "consolidator" still around TY MM
    Posted by mortgageman[/QUOTE]

Yo MoMan dude

Everybody bailed dude

Except lame oh hi all good luck to all dude

Hes still here posing crape and bichin to the monitors dude

Sad dude

Drinkin with the **** dudes

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FinanceSammy. Show FinanceSammy's posts

[QUOTE]Yo MoMan dude Everybody bailed dude Except lame oh hi all good luck to all dude Hes still here posing crape and bichin to the monitors dude Sad dude Drinkin with the **** dudes
    Posted by DrinksWithFinanceGuys[/QUOTE]

Hi all drinks

I saw today that housing still has a price.  Don't know if this is a trend or an indicator but maybe both.

Good luck to all drinks dudes.

Finance Sammy

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from SamTextsOnTheT. Show SamTextsOnTheT's posts

How about a game of five card Finance Stud

Picture 1378.png

Sections
Shortcuts