# 15 pick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

# 15 pick

I wonder if the Sabres would part with Zach Kassian due to his assault altercations it seems his contract talks have been suspended. He and Lucic would wreck havoc on D men on the forecheck for years to come. Plus he adds some toughness.

To Buffalo: the #15  

To Boston: Zach Kassian

What do you guys think??  I know the B's management was high on this kid.

Cheers! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Re: # 15 pick

Not a chance. The Bruins are not giving up that 15 pick for anything other than a top 3/6 forward with NHL experiece and most of the forwards who will be availalbe at that point in the draft will be more offensively talented than Kassian.

In Response to # 15 pick:
    I wonder if the Sabres would part with Zach Kassian due to his assault altercations it seems his contract talks have been suspended. He and Lucic would wreck havoc on D men on the forecheck for years to come. Plus he adds some toughness. To Buffalo: the #15   To Boston: Zach Kassian What do you guys think??  I know the B's management was high on this kid. Cheers! 
    Posted by lucicfan

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

That is an interesting thought. Maybe you could have a talented center, who can do things solo, playing between those two .... sounds like Seguin.

Kassian was #13 of last year's draft. Because this year's draft will be very deep, it sounds like #15 of this year could be greater than #13 of last year.

My best offer would be:

To Buffalo: #15
    To Boston: Kassian + #23

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I'm sure Buffalo would take the deal, but I can't imagine the B's making it.  The last thing any team wants is a kid with problems.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

I'd take Kassian for #32 and Hamil (a typical Sabre type, small but very skilled a la Roy and Briere). 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: # 15 pick:
    I'd take Kassian for #32 and Hamil (a typical Sabre type, small but very skilled a la Roy and Briere). 
    Posted by KJBruinswin

If Hamill is skilled like Derek Roy and/or Briere, there is no way he'd be included in that deal.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruWingFan. Show BruWingFan's posts

That is an interesting thought. Maybe you could have a talented center, who can do things solo, playing between those two .... sounds like Seguin. Kassian was #13 of last year's draft. Because this year's draft will be very deep, it sounds like #15 of this year could be greater than #13 of last year. My best offer would be: To Buffalo: #15 To Boston: Kassian + #23
    Posted by NumbaFouwer

I'd take a chance on this one too. Kassian just needs to grow up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Kassian's play in the OHL playoffs and Memorial Cup was just okay but nothing to get excited about. I thought by watching him that he was just average in his play. Big strong kid though, the kind of player who will make his living in front of the goalie.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

I'm hoping Brett Connelly is still available at 15. A Longshot I know, but I'm so hoping he's there & PC snags him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to # 15 pick:
    I wonder if the Sabres would part with Zach Kassian due to his assault altercations it seems his contract talks have been suspended. He and Lucic would wreck havoc on D men on the forecheck for years to come. Plus he adds some toughness. To Buffalo: the #15   To Boston: Zach Kassian What do you guys think??  I know the B's management was high on this kid. Cheers! 
    Posted by lucicfan

The worry regarding Kassian is that he might face trouble crossing the US- Canada border if the assault charges against him stand.

I think that I would stay away from that deal.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin

Might be doable...

I certainly wouldn't risk a first round pick (#15) for a guy like Kassian that might never even get to play for the Bruins...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I'm hoping Brett Connelly is still available at 15. A Longshot I know, but I'm so hoping he's there & PC snags him.
    Posted by nitemare-38

That would be nice...

But I think it is too much of a stretch to think that Brett Connelly will still be available in the #15 spot...

Quinton Howden is another big forward who is a strong skater that might still be there though...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Would anyone else consider trying to move up in the draft from the #15 pick to the #5 or #6 pick to try and acquire Brett Connolly in Round #1 ?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Would anyone else consider trying to move up in the draft from the #15 pick to the #5 or #6 pick to try and acquire Brett Connolly in Round #1 ?
    Posted by RMiller87

The teams with those picks have exciting young players, and don't seem to be in a rush to win the Cup next season.  I think their asking price (most likely Krejci) would be well beyond what the B's would be willing to give up.

I would love to see the B's have two very high picks, but I just don't see it happening.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: # 15 pick : The teams with those picks have exciting young players, and don't seem to be in a rush to win the Cup next season.  I think their asking price (most likely Krejci) would be well beyond what the B's would be willing to give up. I would love to see the B's have two very high picks, but I just don't see it happening.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

C'mon...

Use your imagination...

The Bruins could make other deals to move up that don't involve Krejci...

Imagine these combinations as a team's top two forward lines :

Sean Courterier (RW) - David Krejci (C) - Taylor Hall (LW)
    Brett Connolly (RW) - Patrice Bergeron (C) - Milan Lucic (LW)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

If were talking about trading for guys that were taken in last year's 1st round, my vote goes for Chris Kreider who was taken 19th by the Rangers.
    Fast, big (6'2"..200 LBS) LW.
    And he's a Massachusetts boy to boot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

If were talking about trading for guys that were taken in last year's 1st round, my vote goes for Chris Kreider who was taken 19th by the Rangers. Fast, big (6'2"..200 LBS) LW. And he's a Massachusetts boy to boot.
    Posted by biggskye

That's also not a bad idea, actually...

Kreider would also bring a winning attitude from his prior experience with Jerry York's team at Boston College...

I think I would stay away from a guy like Zach Kassian altogether... 

I had actually forgotten about Kassian's 20 game suspension in the OHL prior to those recent assault charges...

Don't want him...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: # 15 pick : C'mon... Use your imagination... The Bruins could make other deals to move up that don't involve Krejci... Imagine these combinations as a team's top two forward lines : Sean Courterier (RW) - David Krejci (C) - Taylor Hall (LW) Brett Connolly (RW) - Patrice Bergeron (C) - Milan Lucic (LW)
    Posted by RMiller87

To me, those lines look like this:

rookie Krejci rookie
    Lucic Bergeron rookie

Could be a world beater, most likely would be a total flop.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: # 15 pick : To me, those lines look like this: rookie Krejci rookie Lucic Bergeron rookie Could be a world beater, most likely would be a total flop.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Naw, it'd be a World beater in three years or less...

In the post-salary cap NHL, a GM has gotta build through the draft a la Pens and Hawks, and use as many low paid rookies as one can before they start demanding the big bucks and get lazy/heartless like Ryder...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hARRIS666. Show hARRIS666's posts

Trade either 15th or 32....to move up to the top 6...GET A SCORER!!!!!!!!!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Trade either 15th or 32....to move up to the top 6...GET A SCORER!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by hARRIS666

The sad part is that Chia will more likely take a Dman after our first pick (Taylor/Tyler). I would personally much rather see him go after another winger.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

While we need wingers/forwards too, the number of D drafted in the last two or three drafts is traumatically low they need to restock there, badly. If #15 and or 32 are both 'sure thing' D, I'm okay with it. But there are a few forwards I'd love to see. Remember that balanced teams had the most success this year, and traditionally.

In Response to Re: # 15 pick : The sad part is that Chia will more likely take a Dman after our first pick (Taylor/Tyler). I would personally much rather see him go after another winger.
    Posted by bridgemanusa

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DarrenRyan9. Show DarrenRyan9's posts

i think Buffalo took Kassian becasue they knew we were going to take him.....Didnt want to face Lucic and Kassian for years to come....dont see them trading him our way

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

i think Buffalo took Kassian becasue they knew we were going to take him.....Didnt want to face Lucic and Kassian for years to come....dont see them trading him our way
    Posted by DarrenRyan9

That's not how it goes.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

why do all these posts forget the guys like Caron who the bruins allready have??  Howden sounds like another capable two way guy who MIGHT score. PC will go for a scorer or quality defense with #15, unless a trade would bring a ready-made scorer. I'm with not-a-shot, no way do a bunch of rookies make it in the NHL with any impact.