Will Kessel get his 4.5 mill or higher elsewhere? yes or no

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: # 81

dude, there are 8 million posts about this, please stop

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: # 81:
    [QUOTE]dude, there are 8 million posts about this, please stop
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]          Sorry,Nobody ever gives a straight answer.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

YES

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Listen...Why don't we just wait and see what happens. It all has to be over before October 1st, and with at least 3 teams competing for Kessel, the bruins might get something decent.
    It would have been great to have Kessel back, but the signing of Morris pretty much showed that Chiarelli had no interest in bringing him back. I think the people that think he will be wearing a bruins` sweater are in for a surprise (just my opinion).
    If Chiarelli gets a player back, it better be a young d-man like Marc Stall, rather than another 4th line centre like Brandon Dubinsky. If that`s what he gets back, Chiarelli should be run out of town.
    I think this is a mistake by Chiarelli (again, just my opinion). A right wing corps.  of; RYDER, WHEELER, & KOBASEW, is ok, but I don`t think it is going to scare any teams.
       Also, the reason that October 1st is important, is that it is the date the bruins lose the right to match any offer sheet, and MUST accept only the draft picks as compensation. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Rumors Rumors Rumors http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr090829.html however I say he gets 2 years at 3.5 or 3.75 per and stays.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]Rumors Rumors Rumors http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/nyr090829.html however I say he gets 2 years at 3.5 or 3.75 per and stays.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

If he would accept that contract, he would have been signed 2 months ago

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: # 81 :    If he would accept that contract, he would have been signed 2 months ago Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

I think he and his agent were expecting offer sheets from someone. Kessel will take less than what he expected now then cash in after the 2 year contract he is basically forced to take is up. It's a poker match and Kessels agent is losing for now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

sometime down the road....YES        this year....NO

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: # 81 : I think he and his agent were expecting offer sheets from someone. Kessel will take less than what he expected now then cash in after the 2 year contract he is basically forced to take is up. It's a poker match and Kessels agent is losing for now.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Hope your right, but it would still surprise me to see him in a bruins uniform this up-coming season (although the more I think about it, I would love to see Marc Staal in a bruin's uniform as well).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]sometime down the road....YES        this year....NO
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

if you think kessel is sitting out this year you are the stupidest person on this board.....a considerable achievement

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: # 81 : if you think kessel is sitting out this year you are the stupidest person on this board.....a considerable achievement
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

I'm sure PUCMAN doesn't need me to speak for him, but where does he say that he thinks Kessel is going to sit out the year? I believe all he meant was that Kessel wasn't going to get the 4.5 or 5M that he wants this year and would have to settle for less money with this contract. Maybe in a couple of years, he would be able to get the amount he wants, but not right now.
    There was no reason to jump all over him, and insult him. There is too much of that on this board.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

I think the post saying 2 years at 3.5-3.75M  (I say 3.75) is SPOT ON.

He STAYS because now that we've surveyed "the market"--its weaker than many of us thought.

Phil and his agent had a chance to see what most of us saw this summer: the Economy, the Cap (especially the expected drop in '10-'11) has teams clinging to their bucks and refusing to pay up.

Previous post said Phil WOULD have accepted  $3.75 per X 2 years in JUNE IF he was interested.  VERY TRUE, but prices have come down since then.

My money is on--Phil and his agent recognize the "new market" and grudgingly accept $3.75M or ONE YEAR or same money with a very small bump for a second year.

I think this is now the highly likely outcome. And it is NOT what Phil wanted 8 weeks ago I agree.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: # 81 : Hope your right, but it would still surprise me to see him in a bruins uniform this up-coming season (although the more I think about it, I would love to see Marc Staal in a bruin's uniform as well).
    Posted by biggskye[/QUOTE]

Oct 1st is a big date for sure and PC is defenitly listening to offers. Expect something in the next 3 weeks. anything honestly make a decesion.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

thank you biggskye for explaining that to "mr. hockey"...... where he came up with i said he was sitting out this year is beyond me......Kessel will make his millions down the road,this just is not his year to do it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyo77. Show guyo77's posts

I don't beleive that there is a hope in hell that someone will give him 4.5m or higher because of the economy, lack of cap space and risk of it falling after this year, and draft pick costs to do so. 

My guess is that he will re-sign with the B's for a short term (3 years or less) at slighly more than Krecji money but no where near what he wants.  It will be under $4m a year for sure.  He needs to become more of a complete player and prove himself out more before getting a longer, larger contract that he / his agent seems to think he is deserving of.