"I Was Wrong!!"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

"I Was Wrong!!"

Call this a 'slow day' exercise while everyone waits for Bill Daly to open novelty envelopes.  This board promotes cognitive dissonance at its finest - that is, sticking by your opinion in the face of all evidence.  So, when "Gutless Chara" retired that login to acknowledge Chara's play over the last 10, I thought it was a classy gesture.  So what's good for the goose....  Here, then, is a thread for anyone who wants to say "hey, my bad" for whatever reason.  Piling on someone's admission will be considered strictly classless troll behaviour.

I'll go first: Johnny Boychuk...sorry.  I saw no reason to expect you to be anything more than an AHL defender with an NHL shot and a guy who get's lured out of position by the prospect of a big hit.  Since you started playing regularly, your passing looks vastly improved, and you haven't burned us with your positional play.  Bad call on my part to think you were nothing more than a pick-up off the trash pile.

And yes...Phil.  I was wrong.  You did in fact score 30 goals without Savard, and despite the fangs of the Toronto media and your coach.  I don't miss you and I don't regret the deal, but props for proving that you can be a 30+ guy even on a very bad team.

Last, dkrejci46.  I've acknowledged this one before but...a 2nd rounder for Kobasew was...unexpected.  Getting Fallstrom and some other throw-in as well?  Unbelievable.  But you called the 2nd rounder, so props.  I was wrong.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: "I Was Wrong!!"

I thought Sturm was getting 35-40 goals this year and Wheeler would be right behind him. I was wrong.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

I picked 4 Bruins in my hockey pool this year.   Needless to say I was wrong and did not come close to winning the pool!

I still don't understand how such an offensive team last year cannot score goals this year.   Kessel did not make that much of a difference.   Even the same line when they played together (Wheeler, Krejci, Ryder) were nowhere close to where they were last season when they were one of the top lines in the league.

Fingers crossed they return to old form, or at least something close to it in the playoffs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

No fishing!  Just...let it come...there you go.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I was wrong when I gave up on this team after Savard went done and we did not respond against the flightless birds in the next game.  I have never been so happy about being wrong.  I am very proud of the way this team stepped up and won their way into the playoffs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mutant211. Show Mutant211's posts

In Response to Re: "I Was Wrong!!":
    I was wrong when I gave up on this team after Savard went done and we did not respond against the flightless birds in the next game.  I have never been so happy about being wrong.  I am very proud of the way this team stepped up and won their way into the playoffs.
    Posted by Orrthebest

I second that sentiment.

Early in the season, I suggested that PC consider trading Bergeron.  My reasoning was that he was one hit away from retirement.  I was wrong.  Bergeron has been the heart and soul of the Bruins this season.  He has played a fairly physical game and is none the worse for wear.    

I was overjoyed at the Lucic signing.  My reasoning was if he had the kind of season this season as he did last season, $4 mil would look like a bargain.  He has had nowhere near as good of a season, although he has been playing better lately.  Unless he has a monster playoffs, he probably could have been signed for less this coming summer.  The same could be said of Savard.

I also thought that the Bruins would cruise to a division title.  Wrong-o.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

WOW, crazy, i know i dont comment that much, but i read this board everyday.
    i have never seen in 10yrs an  i was wrong thread, i cant beleive my eyes.
    it's like evryone has the christmas spirit or somthin,,, must have somthin to do with that lottery later today.
    since we are all posting things we wrong about i have a confession, i was wrong when i said steve henize would one day be 40 goal guy, there I admit it and feels good to get off my chest. everything else i have been right about. lol, j/k.
    seriuoisly though someone needs to insult me before i think this is san fran giants board.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    get hall what ever it takes!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I need help here.  This concept of "my being wrong" is one I don't visit very often.

I, like a lot of other people, overestimated the goal production of virtually every Bruin forward this year.

I've been searching for that post where I was called an idiot and there was no way that the Leafs would  finish in bottom 3 of the league, I wish that guy would man up.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: "I Was Wrong!!":
    In Response to Re: "I Was Wrong!!" : I second that sentiment. Early in the season, I suggested that PC consider trading Bergeron.  My reasoning was that he was one hit away from retirement.  I was wrong.  Bergeron has been the heart and soul of the Bruins this season.  He has played a fairly physical game and is none the worse for wear.     I was overjoyed at the Lucic signing.  My reasoning was if he had the kind of season this season as he did last season, $4 mil would look like a bargain.  He has had nowhere near as good of a season, although he has been playing better lately.  Unless he has a monster playoffs, he probably could have been signed for less this coming summer.  The same could be said of Savard. I also thought that the Bruins would cruise to a division title.  Wrong-o.
    Posted by Mutant211

WOW we were wrong at all the same things. As for trading Bergy I did suggest that he was the Bruin that had the most value and return.  At the time I also was saying "he's one hit away fro retirement " call me sentimental but love the kid for what he's done and will do for the Bruins out of heart ! Never trade Bergy.
    Yup, I said with the improvement of Wheeler, Lucic , Ryder keeping pace and Sturm back we would redeem some of those 36 that Phil left behind, I WAS WRONG!  Only Bergeon improved his goal totals and yes Sturm scored 12 goals more than last season. 
    And the Ultimate wrong,  Bruins to finish 2nd in the conference .
    Did I know the Bruins would lose so many goals from the backend (Wideman and Chara) also ???
    Why did I do predictions for the playoffs with this track record ?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from misterpaulo. Show misterpaulo's posts

Boychuk all the way.  He went from being an AHL lifer in my mind to one of our top 4 dman.  I think I posted something like I was missing Hnidy, Ward and Montador in reference to seeing Huniwck, McQuaid and Boychuk on the roster.  Boychuk has won me over.  The jury is still out on the other 2 though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Hey negative nelly's !  You guys/gals were wrong also .  Let me here it !
    Let me jump start you ....

1- No way Bruins get a top 3 draft pick from Leafs
    2- No way Bruins make the playoffs
    3- Bruins will never win another game (was said at game 25)
    4- Phil Kessel will feast on the Bruisn when they play
    5- Wow what a Powerplay the Bruins have !!! (lol added this one in there)
    6-  any other thoughts guys ....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

In Response to "I Was Wrong!!":
    Call this a 'slow day' exercise while everyone waits for Bill Daly to open novelty envelopes.  This board promotes cognitive dissonance at its finest - that is, sticking by your opinion in the face of all evidence.  So, when "Gutless Chara" retired that login to acknowledge Chara's play over the last 10, I thought it was a classy gesture.  So what's good for the goose....  Here, then, is a thread for anyone who wants to say "hey, my bad" for whatever reason.  Piling on someone's admission will be considered strictly classless troll behaviour. I'll go first: Johnny Boychuk...sorry.  I saw no reason to expect you to be anything more than an AHL defender with an NHL shot and a guy who get's lured out of position by the prospect of a big hit.  Since you started playing regularly, your passing looks vastly improved, and you haven't burned us with your positional play.  Bad call on my part to think you were nothing more than a pick-up off the trash pile. And yes...Phil.  I was wrong.  You did in fact score 30 goals without Savard, and despite the fangs of the Toronto media and your coach.  I don't miss you and I don't regret the deal, but props for proving that you can be a 30+ guy even on a very bad team. Last, dkrejci46.  I've acknowledged this one before but...a 2nd rounder for Kobasew was...unexpected.  Getting Fallstrom and some other throw-in as well?  Unbelievable.  But you called the 2nd rounder, so props.  I was wrong.
    Posted by Bookboy007

You know...even Wideman looked half descent going into the stretch drive. I wish I could say the same for Ryder, Strum, and Wheeler...who know perhaps one or all will kick start it in the playoffs 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JJJustSell. Show JJJustSell's posts

In Response to "I Was Wrong!!":
    Call this a 'slow day' exercise while everyone waits for Bill Daly to open novelty envelopes.  This board promotes cognitive dissonance at its finest - that is, sticking by your opinion in the face of all evidence.  So, when "Gutless Chara" retired that login to acknowledge Chara's play over the last 10, I thought it was a classy gesture.  So what's good for the goose....  Here, then, is a thread for anyone who wants to say "hey, my bad" for whatever reason.  Piling on someone's admission will be considered strictly classless troll behaviour. I'll go first: Johnny Boychuk...sorry.  I saw no reason to expect you to be anything more than an AHL defender with an NHL shot and a guy who get's lured out of position by the prospect of a big hit.  Since you started playing regularly, your passing looks vastly improved, and you haven't burned us with your positional play.  Bad call on my part to think you were nothing more than a pick-up off the trash pile. And yes...Phil.  I was wrong.  You did in fact score 30 goals without Savard, and despite the fangs of the Toronto media and your coach.  I don't miss you and I don't regret the deal, but props for proving that you can be a 30+ guy even on a very bad team. Last, dkrejci46.  I've acknowledged this one before but...a 2nd rounder for Kobasew was...unexpected.  Getting Fallstrom and some other throw-in as well?  Unbelievable.  But you called the 2nd rounder, so props.  I was wrong.
    Posted by Bookboy007

OKay I was wrong and all over Thomas when everything but over blown beach balls were going through his legs during the December and January slump. A little over priced, but he makes one heck of back-up and actuall looks good sitting at the end of the bench

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sclifton-4-freespeech. Show sclifton-4-freespeech's posts

thank you book boy i was starting to feel all warm and fuzzy.
    now i remember this boston bruins board!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

I was dead wrong on all my predictions this year.

Savard - 26g, 65a
    Sturm - 38g, 35a
    Lucic - 25g, 40a
    Bergeron - 32g, 50a
    Krejci - 28g, 50a
    Sobotka - 12g, 20a
    Wheeler - 28g, 25a
    Ryder - 35g, 27a
    Recchi - 22g, 30a
    Kobasew, 20g, 20a
    Thorton - 6g, 8a
    Begin - 10g, 18a

Chara - 18g, 40a
    Wideman -15g, 30a
    Ference -6g, 15a
    Stuart- 8g, 20a
    Hunwick - 16g, 32a (My darkhorse, =/)
    Morris - 10g, 22a

Tuukka Rask - 25w, 6L --2.24GAA .925 SV%
    Tim Thomas - 35w, 16L --2.12GAA .931 SV%

Penalty kill: #2
    Power Play: #3

Stanley Cup Finals: Chicago vs Boston

Team total offense: 305 goals.

Folks, you cannot go more wrong than that... It's called an "Epic Fail"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bear-in-the-woods. Show bear-in-the-woods's posts

Long time listener, first time caller. Figured this was as good a way as any to get started.

I was wrong on Wheeler. Based on his play last year, I thought he wouldn't suffer from such a terrible sophomore slump, but I was completely wrong. In fact, I thought he had the most potential to go on a goal-scoring tear this year and possibly make for Kessel's lost production. That said, I'm hoping it really is just a sophomore slump and that next year he comes back stronger and more confident. He still gets knocked off the puck too easily. If he can bulk up some more and learn to use his frame to work in the corners and drive the net better, he'll be a gem. Sometimes I wonder if he needs a different cut on his skate blades, he seems to fall down a lot.

I was also dead wrong on Ryder. I thought he'd score at least as many goals as last year, but he has totally regressed to where he was at in his final season with Montreal.

I was wrong on TT as well. I thought he was going to come into the season looking strong, sharp and confident, but he has clearly had a sub-par season. Seems like he needs to get back to work on his fundamentals and he could be right back in top form.

Great thread! :-)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I'll post a future wrong, I thought Hamill was done like dinner and he might find his way into an NHL line up yet and if so, I will be dead wrong.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from lostinbaltimore. Show lostinbaltimore's posts

I thought CJ was going to ride TT to till the end after the Olympics and that Rask would wear down like he did last year in Provedence. I missed that one.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

Okay my turn...I said Bergeron was done and should have been dumped...big time wrong. I also thought Recci was too old for another year and would be useless..wrong bigtime again. I also had hopes and expected this team to put out 80% of the goals they did last year. I realy do hope that Wheeler is in a 2nd year slump and Ryder finds his way into LA purple or San Jose teal.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Wow, look at all the brutal honestey here!!

OK, here's mine:

"So what Kessels gone, we were not 2nd in the league in goals cuz of 1 guy, we'll be fine, trust me!"   ...I was wrong. Good thing we have some solid D.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

• I thought the offense would only slip a little, with Bergeron and Sturm making up for most of Kessel's lost goals (well, I almost had the second part of that right).
    • I thought Wheeler would be the primary beneficiary of the Kessel trade, as he would ride shotgun with Savard.
    • I thought Thomas would slip a little, and that Rask would be good, but not enough for Thomas to be displaced as the starter.
    • I thought the Leafs' pick would be around #9.
    I think I could go on like this for a while.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

I may, although I can't recall exactly, have stated on more than one occasion that TT was the unquestionable number one on this team!  I will concede that Rask is now our go to guy, still love Timmy, but have to admit I got a little upset on more than one occasion with all the bashing.

I also think I got pissed off at Triumph...oh yeah no apology required on that one!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

I hoped to be healthy when we got to the playoffs.  No  Savvy makes me wrong. But the rest of the boys can still go a couple of rounds.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I thought I was wrong once...
                                            but I was Mistaken.LOL

Thought PC was going to sign Kess
                     traded Ward for a chance at a scoring forward
                     was going after Kov    
                     was going to make a deal at the deadline
                     ""through signing big premature contracts when Kess was let go  
                     was done EVALUATING!!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

wow, somebody get these guys a box of tissues.

Sections
Shortcuts