"Nobody wants Ryder"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from perrysound. Show perrysound's posts

Re: "Nobody wants Ryder"

Stanley, you are too much. But we love your enthuism.

Ryder is a Playoff guy. Regardless of what others think, his point totals for a second/third line guy are great. He goes to the net, and take the hits. The problem is when he isn't doing that, and so far this year his is.

I for one hope they keep him for this year's run. After that, goodbye.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Come on people!! Ryder is out-performing the following:

Wheeler
    Hunwick
    Paille (not even playing).

Bs already have depth enough to replace all of the above.

Dump those three for picks/prospects and Cap problem solved. I (for one) would like to see Ryder back but at a discounted rate ($2.5/yr maybe)?

Ryder had a major distraction last year and it is obvious he is playing better and more motivated this year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homebrew76. Show Homebrew76's posts

In Response to Re: "Nobody wants Ryder":
    In Response to Re: "Nobody wants Ryder" : I agree that Ryder is playing well right now.  The one thing that his body of work has told us is that he is a streaky player, or consistently inconsistent.
      I am surprised that the conclusion from your analysis is that Ryder had a strong playoff, my eyes didn't tell me that and the numbers just don't bear it out.  Knowing that Ryder is such a streaky player, the above stats are not surprising, 2 good years and 3 bad years.  I guess a 40% success rate is good for some folks, not me.  This guy still has a bad contract and this team has cap pressure.   Posted by Crowls2424

I agree with you for the most part.   Stats wise he is streaky, like most 50 - 60 point players which is where I see his potential.   25G/25A - 30G-30A is great production from a 2nd or 3rd line player, and there is no reason Seguin can't achieve the same.   Seguin of course has a much higher ceiling as he grows into his body and gains NHL experience.

Ryder does bring things to the table that I don't see from a player like Wheeler.  He's pretty good at putting pressure on the forecheck, he draws penalties and doesn't take a lot himself, and he doesn't give the puck away much in the battles along the boards.   Ryder's biggest weakness outside the pure stats is that he isn't the best defensive player and doesn't have the foot speed to be an effective penalty killer.

Ryder isn't a 20 min of ice time player like the big names.  Given he's not a top line player, isn't on the penalty kill, I thought he did well last year in the playoffs in his role.  The pass to Satan was a great example of both hard work and great vision which you wouldn't get from a Wheeler.  (yes, I had to do a double take to be sure it wasn't Bergeron making that play, it wasn't a typical Ryder play!)

At the end of the day I think 4 million is steep.  3 million would be as much as I think he should be making and for 3 million I think there would be a few other teams interested.    Come UFA time, I can see him in Ottawa, Vancouver or with the Rangers if the Bruins don't re-sign him.

Cheers!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

Horton 35G
    Ryder 32G
    Wheeler 31G
    Looch 30G
    Krejci 29G
    Bergeron 25G
    Caron 22G
    Seguin 22 G
    Chara 15G
    Who says we dont have enough scorers ......

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

HB76- Ryder hasn't put 60 points on the board since his rookie year (2003-04), but 50 points seems reasonable for an expectation.  My point is that Ryder is an enigma in the sense that he can look both very good and very poor for material periods of time.  The B's need consistent play from all top-6/top-9 forwards, so Ryder just doesn't give you that,  I do not disagree with your concerns on Wheeler, I have problems with his game as well, but moving Ryder also solves some cap issues.  Who knows, he is playing well enough to actually get something of value back in a deal.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: "Nobody wants Ryder" : I disagree.  Let's not pretend Ryder is putting up goal-a-game stats.  Sturm is returning and Savard may return.  Room has to be made.  Ryder and Hunwick are the most logical choices.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

So the logically when Savard and Sturm return Ryder would be one to be moved ?  What if he`s on the same pace as now putting the puck in the net ? Tough choices for the GM.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Proven Playoff performer?  45gp 12-14-26 with a -8.  Not sure that classifies as a proven playoff performer. The second that there is a market for Ryder, he should be moved. Posted by Crowls2424

If there isn't one he's going to Providence once Sturm and Savard are back. Make no mistake Glyder has had plenty of chances to right his ship but has not. He gets no appreciation from me for his recent play or his chemistry with Seguin because Michael will do what Michael does best take nights off.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

HB76- Ryder hasn't put 60 points on the board since his rookie year (2003-04), but 50 points seems reasonable for an expectation.  My point is that Ryder is an enigma in the sense that he can look both very good and very poor for material periods of time.  The B's need consistent play from all top-6/top-9 forwards, so Ryder just doesn't give you that,  I do not disagree with your concerns on Wheeler, I have problems with his game as well, but moving Ryder also solves some cap issues.  Who knows, he is playing well enough to actually get something of value back in a deal.
    Posted by Crowls2424

You're right, Ryder hasn't put 63 points up since his rookie year, HOWEVER he has put up 58, 53, and 53 point seasons, which include two 30-goal campaigns.  Those numbers alone are the reason Ryder commanded $4 million per year, and rightfully so, despite his inconsistency. 

Unlike the summer of '07 when PC (at CJ's urging) brought him here, B's have enough talent in the pipeline now that they won't need to re-sign him.  If he winds up in Providence, that's Ryder's fault, no one else's.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelieveINBoston9. Show BelieveINBoston9's posts

Unlike the summer of '07 when PC (at CJ's urging) brought him here, B's have enough talent in the pipeline now that they won't need to re-sign him.  If he winds up in Providence, that's Ryder's fault, no one else's

amen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Based on his sporadic play, Ryder's trade value should increase as his $ value decreases. He does make a difference when he plays hard, but he cannot continue to fade away as he did last night. Duinne is right about Ryder's cap being the best alternative, the problem I see right now is that Sturm is not skating and Wheeler, although much more productive last night , seems to be in as much of a learning curve as Seguin which makes any adjustments to the lines difficult.

Sections
Shortcuts