"THE KESSEL FAIR"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

"THE KESSEL FAIR"

I went to the local kids fair a few years back and one of the booth operators yelled to me,3 trys for $10.I told him the kids already had a stuffed bear and we couldn't afford  to lose the $10.I think Phil ends up a Leaf for around 5 but would have settled for less in Beantown low 4s ,if the Bruin Brass let down there egos,moved a few people to say hey Phil,we want you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR"

what?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR":
    what?
    Posted by dkrejci46

My buddy.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

MALKIN, CROSBY, OVECHKIN, STAAL, GETZLAF, PERRY, DATSYUK, ZETTERBERG, and the list goes on. Good teams make sure they keep their young superstars, and build championship teams around them. The Bruins? Not so much.

Why was Ryder worth 4M after scoring 14 goals, and Kessel isn't worth the same with 36 goals? I don't want to hear anything about Kessel being bad defensively. He scored a goal in the playoffs to give the bruins a 2 goal lead in the last minute of a game. Why would the coach have in on the ice in the last minute of a 1 goal game, if he didn't trust him?

Jacobs seems to think that any player drafted by the bruins shoul be so grateful, that they will be happy to sign for less than market value. And if they have the nerve to not sign the first contract offered to them, then they have to be run out of town. Ray Bourque was perfect for Jacobs. He would hold up his contract, and a young player couldn't ask for a big raise because no one was allowed to be paid more than Bourque.

I am actually sick that the bruins are going to trade Kessel. If he ends up in Toronto, and I have to watch him every saturday night up here, and listen to the sportcasters wonder how boston ever let this guy get away, it  may make me start cheering for the leafs.

It could have been so easy to keep Kessel. Trade Kobasew for a draft pick & don't trade Ward. That's all it would have taken.

The bruins always seem to make decisions emotionally, and not logically, and that may be why it will be another 30 years before this franchise gets a cup.

Wherever Kessel ends up, I wish him all the best. It is probably to his advantage to get away from this ownership that believes that mediocrity is something to be proud of.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

MALKIN, CROSBY, OVECHKIN, STAAL, GETZLAF, PERRY, DATSYUK, ZETTERBERG, and the list goes on. Good teams make sure they keep their young superstars, and build championship teams around them. The Bruins? Not so much.    Why was Ryder worth 4M after scoring 14 goals, and Kessel isn't worth the same with 36 goals? I don't want to hear anything about Kessel being bad defensively. He scored a goal in the playoffs to give the bruins a 2 goal lead in the last minute of a game. Why would the coach have in on the ice in the last minute of a 1 goal game, if he didn't trust him?    Jacobs seems to think that any player drafted by the bruins shoul be so grateful, that they will be happy to sign for less than market value. And if they have the nerve to not sign the first contract offered to them, then they have to be run out of town. Ray Bourque was perfect for Jacobs. He would hold up his contract, and a young player couldn't ask for a big raise because no one was allowed to be paid more than Bourque.    I am actually sick that the bruins are going to trade Kessel. If he ends up in Toronto, and I have to watch him every saturday night up here, and listen to the sportcasters wonder how boston ever let this guy get away, it  may make me start cheering for the leafs.      It could have been so easy to keep Kessel. Trade Kobasew for a draft pick & don't trade Ward. That's all it would have taken.    The bruins always seem to make decisions emotionally, and not logically, and that may be why it will be another 30 years before this franchise gets a cup.    Wherever Kessel ends up, I wish him all the best. It is probably to his advantage to get away from this ownership that believes that mediocrity is something to be proud of.
    Posted by biggskye

i stopped reading your post after you said that jacobs has something to do with these negotiations......stop blaming jacobs, he has nothing to do with this

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" : i stopped reading your post after you said that jacobs has something to do with these negotiations......stop blaming jacobs, he has nothing to do with this
    Posted by dkrejci46

QFT

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" : i stopped reading your post after you said that jacobs has something to do with these negotiations......stop blaming jacobs, he has nothing to do with this
    Posted by dkrejci46

I am not one of the people on here constantly bashing ownership, but I now see the one constant through the years is Jacobs. I used to think Sinden was the problem, but he's gone and it is still business as usual. Gm's, Coaches. and Star players come and go (with star players, it's mostly go), but Jacobs remains, and if you really don't think he has final say on contracts, you have not been following this team very long. It is no coincidence that there has been no 2nd offer from the bruins (according to Kessel's agent). GM's don't do that...Crazy owners do.

These are just my opinions dkrejic46. Feel free to read them or ignore them. I, unlike you, do not consider myself to be the most informed person on hockey in this solar system. I do not think that anyone that has a different opinion than myself, is automatically incorrect, and must be an idiot. I am willing to acknowledge that I could be wrong about Jacobs. Would you ever be able to admit you could be wrong?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsSoxCeltsNo1. Show PatsSoxCeltsNo1's posts

In Response to "THE KESSEL FAIR":
              I went to the local kids fair a few years back and one of the booth operators yelled to me,3 trys for $10.I told him the kids already had a stuffed bear and we couldn't afford  to lose the $10.I think Phil ends up a Leaf for around 5 but would have settled for less in Beantown low 4s ,if the Bruin Brass let down there egos,moved a few people to say hey Phil,we want you.
    Posted by hockey-101

Have another drink

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to "THE KESSEL FAIR" : Have another drink
    Posted by PatsSoxCeltsNo1
                       The Bs blew it

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Watching NHL channel replay of game seven vs Canes--

Two critical backchecks by Kessel, both intercepting and neutralizing Eric Stall- 
    1) 3 1/2 minutes into third period
    2) 5 minutes into OT

All he does is score goals?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" :                    The Bs blew it
    Posted by hockey-101

How can you make such a statment when nothing has happened yet?

Worst case scenario - what if the Bruins do lose Kessel and get draft picks in return, and pick the next David Krejci or Milan Lucic? Would that constitute "blowing it"?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

All I ask is if he goes please send him to the West Coast.  I enjoy watching him play and really do not want to see him light us up 10-12 games a year.  I think we can figure things out if he does go, but do not pull trigger with Toronto or Rangers, although  I do think Chris Kreider is going to be a hell of a player..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" : These are just my opinions dkrejic46. Feel free to read them or ignore them. I, unlike you, do not consider myself to be the most informed person on hockey in this solar system. I do not think that anyone that has a different opinion than myself, is automatically incorrect, and must be an idiot. I am willing to acknowledge that I could be wrong about Jacobs. Would you ever be able to admit you could be wrong?
    Posted by biggskye

Cheers to that Biggskye! D i K recji46 will never understand or get that!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

The problem is, anyone blaming Jacobs for being stingy with players in this day and age is either woefully ignorant of the fact that there is a salary cap or has the mental capacity of a gerbil.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

The problem is, anyone blaming Jacobs for being stingy with players in this day and age is either woefully ignorant of the fact that there is a salary cap or has the mental capacity of a gerbil.
    Posted by duinne

Another one with the insults. Is it no longer possible to have a rational discussion on this board?
       I KNOW that the bruins are paying to the cap. However, these buyouts to save Jacobs some money is not helping build a winner.
       By bringing Jacobs into the equation, I was just pointing out that making player moves based on emotion,is not a good thing.It was Jacobs that insisted on rushing Thornton out of town.O'Connoll didn't even have enough time to let all the teams know he was available before trading him. Jacobs will also overpay if the mood strikes. Remember when he got mad at Mike Illitch over some pizza deal, so he had his gm sign Martin Lapoint for 4M a season, when everyone knew he was only worth 1/2 that.
       So, you see, I am not saying that the problem with Jacobs is that he is cheap. I am saying the problem with him is that he is crazy!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmcbeigh. Show cmcbeigh's posts

Fear not. I have faith in the hockey savy of PC,CJ, CN and DS. I think they know what Kessel is worth to the Bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" :    I am not one of the people on here constantly bashing ownership, but I now see the one constant through the years is Jacobs. I used to think Sinden was the problem, but he's gone and it is still business as usual. Gm's, Coaches. and Star players come and go (with star players, it's mostly go), but Jacobs remains, and if you really don't think he has final say on contracts, you have not been following this team very long. It is no coincidence that there has been no 2nd offer from the bruins (according to Kessel's agent). GM's don't do that...Crazy owners do.    These are just my opinions dkrejic46. Feel free to read them or ignore them. I, unlike you, do not consider myself to be the most informed person on hockey in this solar system. I do not think that anyone that has a different opinion than myself, is automatically incorrect, and must be an idiot. I am willing to acknowledge that I could be wrong about Jacobs. Would you ever be able to admit you could be wrong?
    Posted by biggskye

You're exactly right. Our "friend" dkrejci46, he of the insluts thrown to anyone who disagrees wthe vast knowledge he's acquired over 21 years of his life, likes to say (as he has to me) 'I stopped reading your post after......"

which is really a perfect illustration of how JJ has run the B's since 1975. It's not JUST the $$ that gets JJ seeing red--it's any player that holds out for $$ or criticizes the team (remember how fast Oates was run out of town when he saw how JJ was gutting the team's best talent and said so publicly?)....JJ is an arrogant owner who does have final say on who plays and doesn't and right now is directing PC to get Kessel somewhere else for draft picks. So now the B's go into 2010 weaker than they were last year (2nd round KO) and we have to wait another 2-3 years for one of these draft picks to MAYBE be as good......then when that player doesn't immediately sign, JJ runs him out of town and the cycle repeats itself. Again, no championship for an Original 6 franchise whose fans have suffered long enough.

Rangers/Preds/Leafs are all licking their chops right now, more than happy to let draft picks go for a player who's all of 21 and has already established himself as one of the game's elite snipers and can only get better.

If the B's really cared about winning it all, they'd make the necessary moves roster-wise (Kobasew, etc.) to keep a player of Kess' talent. That's their job and sicne every team is under the Cap restraints, you do what it takes (see Detroit), not take the easy way out and move that player and then try to tell fans it's raining when you'e just spitting in their faces--again.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" : You're exactly right. Our "friend" dkrejci46, he of the insluts thrown to anyone who disagrees wthe vast knowledge he's acquired over 21 years of his life, likes to say (as he has to me) 'I stopped reading your post after......" which is really a perfect illustration of how JJ has run the B's since 1975. It's not JUST the $$ that gets JJ seeing red--it's any player that holds out for $$ or criticizes the team (remember how fast Oates was run out of town when he saw how JJ was gutting the team's best talent and said so publicly?)....JJ is an arrogant owner who does have final say on who plays and doesn't and right now is directing PC to get Kessel somewhere else for draft picks. So now the B's go into 2010 weaker than they were last year (2nd round KO) and we have to wait another 2-3 years for one of these draft picks to MAYBE be as good......then when that player doesn't immediately sign, JJ runs him out of town and the cycle repeats itself. Again, no championship for an Original 6 franchise whose fans have suffered long enough. Rangers/Preds/Leafs are all licking their chops right now, more than happy to let draft picks go for a player who's all of 21 and has already established himself as one of the game's elite snipers and can only get better. If the B's really cared about winning it all, they'd make the necessary moves roster-wise (Kobasew, etc.) to keep a player of Kess' talent. That's their job and sicne every team is under the Cap restraints, you do what it takes (see Detroit), not take the easy way out and move that player and then try to tell fans it's raining when you'e just spitting in their faces--again.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

It takes two parties to complete a deal. Chiarelli can't simply ship Kobasew out of town on the hope that Kessel will sign; he has to have a guarantee from Kessel's agent. As for citing Detroit, why didn't they re-sign Hossa? Oh, because they couldn't afford to. So Chicago signs him and puts themselves over a barrel regarding the cap when Kane and Toews, among others, come up for renewal. You seem to believe that other teams manage the cap so much better than the Bruins, which is pretty odd. The Rangers/Preds/Leafs? Are you seriously citing these teams as examples for the Bruins?

And Jacobs may be a penny-pincher, but even if he is, it makes no sense for a team owner NOT to want to win. Winning puts behinds in the seats and makes you more money. It's in his best self-interest to have a team that wins.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Of course Jacobs wants his team to win but those of us who watched the team during the 80 's and early 90's remember how the team was run then.  Be competitive, make the playoffs, fill the house, sell lots of concessions, and make a good profit.

But when it came to getting a player or 2 to get us over the hump, especially offensive players the purse strings closed shut.  Jacobs and Sinden would cite fiscal responsibility while teams like Dallas and the Rangers were buying their way to Cup wins.

So I think much of the frustration aimed toward Jacobs is due to the way the team was run in the 80's and 90's. 

The Bruins do hold the record for most consecutive playoff appearances at 29 which occurred from the late 60's until mid 90's.  This was the perfect situation for Jacobs, the house would be packed and the fans generally satisfied with the product on the ice.  It was not until the late 90's that the fans started leaving and the Bruins suddenly doubled their payroll, unfortunately by then Sinden had lost touch with the game and drafted poorly and shopped for free agents just as poorly.  I remember hearing Sinden on the radio pleading with fans to buy season tickets to come watch his crappy team.  I almost felt sorry for the guy.

Of course this is all ancient history now and yes there is a salary cap and the Bruins do spend up to the cap.  But as Biggskye mentions the buyouts are counterproductive to winning a cup as is Jacobs attitude that a player should feel "blessed" to put on the Bruins jersey. 

We have not won cr@p since 72' so if the fanbase is to blame someone then souldn't it be the guy who has owned the team since 75'? 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

duinne--

Hossa was not a typical Wings prototype and was asking for way more $$$ than Kessel likely is....so yeah, they need a nod frm Kess' agent that he'll sign if they move someone but I'm betting that's exactly the sign they';re looking for...and will commit to the B's if Mgt. shows in good faith they're willing to make room for him.

Ultimately this is about signing their best fwd (not named Savard) and giving the team the best chance to win. If they need to move some lesser players to do it, so be it.

Mario11 is spot-on when he points out that JJ is the team owner and responsibility for a 37-year Cup drought starts at the top.

Fans have been giving him the benefit of the doubt forever...he needs to deliver a title--nothing less...I believe Kessel is a chief part of achieving that goal. This team w/out him this year is essentially the same team as last year--and they couldn't even get out of the 2nd round. If you lose Kess this year, they'll be even weaker. Draft picks? MAYBE they pay off in a few years...and maybe they don't. Kess is 21 and can only get better.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

duinne-- Hossa was not a typical Wings prototype and was asking for way more $$$ than Kessel likely is....so yeah, they need a nod frm Kess' agent that he'll sign if they move someone but I'm betting that's exactly the sign they';re looking for...and will commit to the B's if Mgt. shows in good faith they're willing to make room for him. Ultimately this is about signing their best fwd (not named Savard) and giving the team the best chance to win. If they need to move some lesser players to do it, so be it. Mario11 is spot-on when he points out that JJ is the team owner and responsibility for a 37-year Cup drought starts at the top. Fans have been giving him the benefit of the doubt forever...he needs to deliver a title--nothing less...I believe Kessel is a chief part of achieving that goal. This team w/out him this year is essentially the same team as last year--and they couldn't even get out of the 2nd round. If you lose Kess this year, they'll be even weaker. Draft picks? MAYBE they pay off in a few years...and maybe they don't. Kess is 21 and can only get better.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

I essentially agree with what you're saying (though not about Hossa - the Wings wanted him, but couldn't afford him; every team has its own cap difficulties), but the problem is - whom do you deem "lesser" players? How many are too many? I'd agree to giving up a Kobasew - but PLUS a Bergeron? I don't think so. 

As for Jacobs, I'm just tired of that old argument. I am not a Jacobs fan in the least, but his penny-pinching ways of the past are IRRELEVANT to today's situation, and frankly I'm sick to death of it. I also find it difficult to assign him total blame for the Bruins' failures in the past; for one thing, they ran into the buzz saw that was the Oilers dynasty, denying them at least one Cup, IMHO.   

I also think that two key reasons the Bruins didn't get past the second round last year were injuries and youth/inexperience. This is a VERY good team; great with Kessel, but still good even if they don't have him.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" : I essentially agree with what you're saying (though not about Hossa - the Wings wanted him, but couldn't afford him; every team has its own cap difficulties), but the problem is - whom do you deem "lesser" players? How many are too many? I'd agree to giving up a Kobasew - but PLUS a Bergeron? I don't think so.  As for Jacobs, I'm just tired of that old argument. I am not a Jacobs fan in the least, but his penny-pinching ways of the past are IRRELEVANT to today's situation, and frankly I'm sick to death of it. I also find it difficult to assign him total blame for the Bruins' failures in the past; for one thing, they ran into the buzz saw that was the Oilers dynasty, denying them at least one Cup, IMHO.    I also think that two key reasons the Bruins didn't get past the second round last year were injuries and youth/inexperience. This is a VERY good team; great with Kessel, but still good even if they don't have him.
    Posted by duinne

Well, we're essentially agreeing.

I also think this Bruins team is good. I just think with Kessel they have a chance to be GREAT. And I happen to love Chucky's game...it's just that I would sacrifice him and maybe another--altho' I'm not convinced Kess wants as much as people seem to think--to keep a dynamic young guy like Kess in that lineup. I'd hate lose Bergeron as well but he's a risk these days no matter what--thru no fault of his own. One more bad hit and he really might be done.

What about Ferrence (who I also like) and Chucky moved to keep Kessel? There's a risk in losing a pretty good guy on D but they did sign Morris to help in that area (altho i'm worried his best days are behind him), Hunwick projects to get better and better, and maybe Boychuck is as advertised.

As far as bashing JJ, yeah, it's an old routine, but a deserved one. No way were they going to beat the Gretzky Oilers in '88 but had they made some moves in 1990 to add another sniper so everything wasn't dependent on Neely and Bourque I think they could have had a shot at that Cup (and if Wesley doesn't choke on the open netter). But the B's always sit pat rather than go for the extra player to put 'em over the top. Harder to do in the cap era, but part of it IS jacob's rather arrogant attitude that players should be so grateful to put on the spoked B that any hold out is met with a Sinden-like "see ya."

in the end they're a weaker team for it.

Look, I've been all over these boards giving the worst case scenarios. I can see how that would be tiresome, but I believe the team last year was good, not great, and destined to be KOed in 2 rounds. Without Kessel I can't see them as better.

But just for fun I'll try the more positive route this time:

Sturm is back for a full campaign and is healthy and adds speed and 35 goals to the season. His experience and leadership and fire pay off in the playoffs.

Wheeler comes in w/that extra 15 lbs. of muscle and surpasses the flashes of brilliance we saw last year.
    Hunwick improves on D and becomes a 12-15 goal producer and helps a lot on the PP.
    Rask is for real and spells Timmy for about 25 games, keeping TT fresh for the post season.
    Bergie stays totally healthy, scores 25 and adds 50 assists and plays great 2way hockey all year and into the playoffs.
    Kess leaves but we get a decent roster player plus draft picks to replace him. We score less but the overall D improves. Chucky grinds and smashes bodies all over and becomes the new Michael Peca when he was great.
    Savvy remains awesome, Krejci is the 2nd coming of Adam Oates, and the guy I think is overrated and everyone else loves (Lucic) becomes the most feared player in the NHL.
    The Bruins combine youth, experience, speed, grit, effort and solid game plan coaching to finish in the Top 4 in the East, grab home ice for most of the playoffs, and win 16 to bring the first Cup to Boston since '72.

Easy, yes? ;-)

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: "THE KESSEL FAIR" : Well, we're essentially agreeing. I also think this Bruins team is good. I just think with Kessel they have a chance to be GREAT. And I happen to love Chucky's game...it's just that I would sacrifice him and maybe another--altho' I'm not convinced Kess wants as much as people seem to think--to keep a dynamic young guy like Kess in that lineup. I'd hate lose Bergeron as well but he's a risk these days no matter what--thru no fault of his own. One more bad hit and he really might be done. What about Ferrence (who I also like) and Chucky moved to keep Kessel? There's a risk in losing a pretty good guy on D but they did sign Morris to help in that area (altho i'm worried his best days are behind him), Hunwick projects to get better and better, and maybe Boychuck is as advertised. As far as bashing JJ, yeah, it's an old routine, but a deserved one. No way were they going to beat the Gretzky Oilers in '88 but had they made some moves in 1990 to add another sniper so everything wasn't dependent on Neely and Bourque I think they could have had a shot at that Cup (and if Wesley doesn't choke on the open netter). But the B's always sit pat rather than go for the extra player to put 'em over the top. Harder to do in the cap era, but part of it IS jacob's rather arrogant attitude that players should be so grateful to put on the spoked B that any hold out is met with a Sinden-like "see ya." in the end they're a weaker team for it. Look, I've been all over these boards giving the worst case scenarios. I can see how that would be tiresome, but I believe the team last year was good, not great, and destined to be KOed in 2 rounds. Without Kessel I can't see them as better. But just for fun I'll try the more positive route this time: Sturm is back for a full campaign and is healthy and adds speed and 35 goals to the season. His experience and leadership and fire pay off in the playoffs. Wheeler comes in w/that extra 15 lbs. of muscle and surpasses the flashes of brilliance we saw last year. Hunwick improves on D and becomes a 12-15 goal producer and helps a lot on the PP. Rask is for real and spells Timmy for about 25 games, keeping TT fresh for the post season. Bergie stays totally healthy, scores 25 and adds 50 assists and plays great 2way hockey all year and into the playoffs. Kess leaves but we get a decent roster player plus draft picks to replace him. We score less but the overall D improves. Chucky grinds and smashes bodies all over and becomes the new Michael Peca when he was great. Savvy remains awesome, Krejci is the 2nd coming of Adam Oates, and the guy I think is overrated and everyone else loves (Lucic) becomes the most feared player in the NHL. The Bruins combine youth, experience, speed, grit, effort and solid game plan coaching to finish in the Top 4 in the East, grab home ice for most of the playoffs, and win 16 to bring the first Cup to Boston since '72. Easy, yes? ;-)
    Posted by TryToBearIt

Very nicely put, though it would be difficult for anyone, even Lucic, to be more feared than Chara (unless you're MIke Komisarek). ;-)

I can't see the B's trading Ference, because of the lack of depth at defense; they have, however, depth in spades at forward. I like what I saw of Boychuk in Providence, but I don't know that they'd want to depend on him to play significant minutes. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Yeah, plus the fact is I really like Ferrence...as in he's a good guy and smarter than the average hockey player (does a lot of great charity work; was involved in that mission to Africa...he's an easy guy to root for...) and while he doesn't add much as offensive D, if he stays healthy he's definitely a plus on keeping pucks out of the net, banging bodies, and providing leadership by example.

I'm trying to think of another guy they could move w/Kobasew if they had to in order to keep Kessel and I can't really come up w/one other than Sturm, and he has a no-trade and I wouldn't want to lose him anyway. There must be someone else...I'm just not thinking of him.

fact is, i'm convinced JJ hasd already ordered PC to get rid of Kess so it really doesn't matter. Best I can hope for is they;re smart enough at least to trade him out of the East so he doesn't come back and bite us in the opening rounds of the playoffs and a bunch of times during the season.

Sections
Shortcuts