"The Major Announcement"- Finally!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from skijumper. Show skijumper's posts

"The Major Announcement"- Finally!!!!

The NHL has finally chosen to officially declare that the Winter Classic will be held at Fenway Park. I wonder what took them so long, eveyone has pretty much known this for at least a month. I love how they are playing this up as a big surprise (simply put as a big announcement on the NHL website). Geeze, i wonder what the NHL could be announcing at Fenway? Anyways, I cant wait for the game and hope i can somehow get tickets!! 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins46. Show bruins46's posts

Re: "The Major Announcement"- Finally!!!!

Tickets are going to be inpossible to get unless your a season ticket holder but good luck anyways.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to Re: "The Major Announcement"- Finally!!!!:
    [QUOTE]Tickets are going to be inpossible to get unless your a season ticket holder but good luck anyways.
    Posted by bruins46[/QUOTE]

A season holder at Fenway or of the Bruins....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Can someone please explain the thrill in sitting way back from the ice in snow, rain, sleet, or who knows what weather, trying to watch a game in which the players have numb hands and, if it snows,  can hardly see the other end of the rink?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

[QUOTE]
    wow your quite the buzzkill.

hockey used to be played outside, hence the term "classic".
    any decent hockey town would kill for it.

btw -dont waste yer time resonding. you've been ignored

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hditch. Show hditch's posts

Jacobs is announcing a new higher priced concession menu

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

Horrible idea.. I am not happy the bruins will be participating in this event. If the NHL wants to has a circus side-show, why not make the All star game the "Winter Classic"..

I hope it rains that day and it a miserable time for everyone. Maybe that way the NHL will get a clue that this gimmic is bad for the league and bad for the game..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonguy67. Show bostonguy67's posts

It's going to be a great TV event...not so much in person (similar to Wrigley this year).

Any chance the NHL wises up and schedule the Habs for the game???

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

[QUOTE]Jacobs is announcing a new higher priced concession menu
    Posted by hditch[/QUOTE]

fool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

[QUOTE]Can someone please explain the thrill in sitting way back from the ice in snow, rain, sleet, or who knows what weather, trying to watch a game in which the players have numb hands and, if it snows,  can hardly see the other end of the rink?
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

With pleasure! If you're used to midland Canadian weather, you'll find that the finger numbness adds to the intrigue. It's complicated, but the full explanation involves beer and froofy hats.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Ha , well I played plenty of pond hockey growing up, as did most of the people in these forums, most likely.  Sure, there were happy shouting blue sky (nice photo, BU) times.  But mostly it was terrible cold and a loooong walk home in the gloaming, lugging stick and skates and whatever pads we had.  Hockey gloves , "gauntlets", were not warm.  The canals were over a ridge and down a steep hill two or three miles.  Worse situation was when the ice broke and you had a wet foot / leg. 

The ice was usually bumpy and after a snow we had to clear it, of course.   We were mighty glad when we got the rare priviledge of using a rink.  Even an outdoor one, with the zero wind in your face at 4 a.m. (the only rental time available) was better than the canals.  Especially when we were old enough to drive. 

Nostalgia?  Sure...but not enough to want to sit in a baseball stadium straining to see a game far below, detail impossible, weather unpredictable, and concessions overpriced.  Not to disparage any who do relish this event...  just not my thing.  Trying to understand the appeal...   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hditch. Show hditch's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "The Major Announcement"- Finally!!!! : fool
    Posted by stillallbost08[/QUOTE]

Sheep

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

Is it really a major announcement? Everyone should've known about it already.

Also, my brother is a season ticket holder, so I'm hoping he can get like a limit of 4 or something.

It's historic, who wouldn't want to go?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

PROBABLY A HANG UP. knowing the bruins, the equasion goes some thing like this.the n.h.l.....  winter classic to fenway !   the bruins fans....ya ya ya !!!   the jacobs...   more money ! more money! more money~!!!!  those owners are scum bags

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tricky-Dicky-Hambone. Show Tricky-Dicky-Hambone's posts

[QUOTE]Is it really a major announcement? Everyone should've known about it already. Also, my brother is a season ticket holder, so I'm hoping he can get like a limit of 4 or something. It's historic, who wouldn't want to go?
    Posted by Pezell04x[/QUOTE]

me... this game is going to blow like Barney Frank...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Hey, Tricky-Dicky, "Nostalgia?  Sure...but not enough to want to sit in a baseball stadium straining to see a game far below, detail impossible, weather unpredictable, and concessions overpriced.  Not to disparage any who do relish this event...  just not my thing.  Trying to understand the appeal..."

Fine. You're off my list of potential dates for the game then, princess!

Tricky-Dicky, you're off the list because you're kinda freaky-deaky weird and angry.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

OK, BU, no date... I'm a bit out of your age range anyway. But, I am honored that you would use the words "potential date" in reference to something I wrote. 

Princess, huh?  Come on down here and work the clam farm for a day or two.  We'll see who the princess is...

Enjoy all your witty posts.. Keep them coming.   
      Best wishes to you.

ps- This will be a great year ahead for the B's and their amazing fans, don't you believe?