"TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL"

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

"TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL"

WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 PLAYERS TO DUMP TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL????????            
                            KOBASEW
                            RYDER
                            STURM

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

Re: "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL"

None
    None
    None

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

In Response to Re: "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL":
    [QUOTE]None None None
    Posted by fenian1967[/QUOTE]   Thats no bet.You cant win if you dont play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Getting rid of Kobasew is a huge mistake. Not enough grit on this team as it is.

Can't lose ryder either-he's a sniper that we desperately need.

Only option is to trade Sturm, which ain't gonna happen.
    View Image

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]Getting rid of Kobasew is a huge mistake. Not enough grit on this team as it is. Can't lose ryder either-he's a sniper that we desperately need. Only option is to trade Sturm, which ain't gonna happen. Come up with a better plan, this one $ucks
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]     You got a 5 million dollar Savy with no one to play with.It didnt work last year,Ryder and Savy REMEMBER!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from s2e42o. Show s2e42o's posts

I like Kobasew but let's be honest . . . he's no Kessel, and we need Kessel to play with Savvy.  So if trading Kobasew is what needs to be done then so be it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

Most of the goals in the NHL these days are from self movement,Ovetchkin dosnt sit around the net and wait for passes.Ryder will camp around off posts for passes.You will get your fair share that way,but you must be able to move that puck through neutral like Savy and Kessel can do.You must get the puck in the zone first,and last I saw there was no Bobby Orrs on this team to carry it all the way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrolls. Show notrolls's posts

In Response to "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL":
    [QUOTE] WHAT ARE YOUR TOP 3 PLAYERS TO DUMP TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL????????                                     KOBASEW                         RYDER                         STURM                                   
    Posted by hockey-101[/QUOTE]So you wanna give up 3 players with the potential to score a total of about 70 goals to keep a guy that will score 30-40, can't hit or take a hit and doesn't know the definition of backchecking?
    BRILLIANT!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

I understand that it's a real difficult situation. I think fans look at Kessel's stats and think that because of the number of goals he scores that he is worth keeping at almost any cost. there are other factors on this team to be concerned with beyond goal scoring.
     You must have some physical prescence in the offensive zone, if you're ever going to win anything. Outside of Lucic who is going to provide that??? The truth is we are too small with a lot of players who avoid contact. That's why Begin is here and Yelle is gone. I would also like to see Sobotka play more, and am looking forward to Bitz playing a full season.
     I'm just saying skating really fast and scoring a lot of goals doesn't get it done all by itself. You need to be able to bang, and dig, and win one on one battles. You also need your opponent to be looking over his shoulder. These factors are overlooked by most when considering who they can get rid of to make room for kessels contract. I feel it's the single thing this team needs most.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

Kessel for a guy like Chris Stewart and a couple picks from or prospects from Colarado.
    The forwards are soft as it is, wheeler is big but soft, Sturm is fast and soft. Lucic,Thornton,Begin,Bitz and Kobasew are the only really gritty forwards in the bunch.

The reality is Kessel will sign at is qualifying offer, nobody has made a play for him yet (except in Eklunds mind) and that is because he is a one dimensional player. (See Maxim Afinigonov) 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL" : So you wanna give up 3 players with the potential to score a total of about 70 goals to keep a guy that will score 30-40, can't hit or take a hit and doesn't know the definition of backchecking? BRILLIANT!!!
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]                Not all 3 but hey whats that add up to??? 10.5 mill????? sounds pretty good Kessel and a Top notch D.Or better yet a new contract for Lucic ?Thanks for the input.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

Ryder or Sturm .... both good players, but Kessel has more potential

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

none of them

everyone's creaming for Kessel until he has a bad year ala two years ago and everyone wishes we never gave up Player X.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig10. Show bigvig10's posts

[QUOTE]Getting rid of Kobasew is a huge mistake. Not enough grit on this team as it is. Can't lose ryder either-he's a sniper that we desperately need. Only option is to trade Sturm, which ain't gonna happen. Come up with a better plan, this one $ucks
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

This plan doesn't stink at all.  Ryder needs to stay, like you said, he's a sniper and scores a lot of goals.  I don't know why everyone is so high and mighty on Kobasew...yes he has grit, but so does Lucic, Kreijci, Bergeron, Bitz, Thornton, and Begin.  You move Kobasew and bring back Kessel.  Now your looking at

Lucic - Savard - Kessel (no need to explain but you have speed, scoring, grit)
    Sturm - Kreijci - Ryder (speed, scoring, grit) 
    Recchi - Bergeron - Wheeler (now you turn the 3rd line into much more of a consistent scoring threat by taking out Kobasew and adding Wheeler) 
    Thornton - Begin - Bitz (theres your gritty and tough 4th line bruisers) 

Everyone get off the Kobasew band wagon.  He's obviously the one who would be moved b/c let's face it, Sturm is not waiving his NTC.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

oh bigvig, wrong as usual...didn' kobasew score more goals, and more goals per game than Wheeler did last year....granted I think Wheelers production would go up if he played on the right wing....but you can't really bank on it

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

Kobasew is more than capable of scoring 30 goals with the right center and ice time, also his goals (crashing the net, banging, looking for rebounds) with decent hands get scored in the playoffs when the checking is tighter.

Of all the names being thrown around to make room for the almighty Kessel Kobasew is the last on my list of Ryder, Sturm, and whomever else people come up with.

The reality is that dealing Ryder looks bad after just signing him and I would rather have Ryder than Kessel, Sturm I would move, but as stated he isn't waiving his no trade.

Moving the Thrill becomes the best option. If Chiarelli wants a roster player, a prospect and a pick that could be a very good return for Kessel.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig10. Show bigvig10's posts

[QUOTE]Kobasew is more than capable of scoring 30 goals with the right center and ice time, also his goals (crashing the net, banging, looking for rebounds) with decent hands get scored in the playoffs when the checking is tighter. Of all the names being thrown around to make room for the almighty Kessel Kobasew is the last on my list of Ryder, Sturm, and whomever else people come up with. The reality is that dealing Ryder looks bad after just signing him and I would rather have Ryder than Kessel, Sturm I would move, but as stated he isn't waiving his no trade. Moving the Thrill becomes the best option. If Chiarelli wants a roster player, a prospect and a pick that could be a very good return for Kessel.
    Posted by fenian1967[/QUOTE]

I can't believe I'm even having this argument.  Kessel is 21 and scored 36 goals in 70 games last year.  He's your top offensive scoring threat and by getting rid of him, your limiting Savards effectiveness in my opinion.  Regardless of who you move on his wing, that person doesn't have the speed or scoring ability of Kessel. I think someone should ask Savard who he'd rather have....Kessel or Kobasew...what do you think the answer is going to be?  

On a side note, don't listen to those garbage rumors out there that Chiarelli is asking for a 1st rd pick, prospect and roster player for Kessel.  He's never and I repeat never going to get that in return.  The Leafs wouldn't even do Kaberle and a 1st for him why would someone else give us more than that.    

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicisGod. Show LucicisGod's posts

Sturm have a NTC...

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from EwaK. Show EwaK's posts

I don't believe moving just Koby will leave enough cap space to sign Kessel (est 4 mil). Sturm is not waiving his NTC. Plus he is a good value.
    Whoever you move will have to be for prospects/picks.
    Savard and his 5 mil?- better than losing him for nothing at the end of the year.
    Bergeron and his 4.5 mil?- will he ever get back to the point per game?
    Ryder and his 4 mil?- He was our second best goal scorer and has size which this team lacks.
    I know I'm not helping but I think it will be one of these three getting moved.
    #1 Kessel #2 Bergeron #3 Savard

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jem61. Show jem61's posts

Think I have to agree with bigvig on this one. 

Kobasew is pretty much in his prime and we know his top end.  He's a gritty, scrappy player who could score as many as 30 goals while providing energy and passion and a little bit of physical presence (limited by his size).  Yes, that's pretty good.

But imagine if Kessel could become as gritty and scrappy as Kobasew is now.  Then you'd have a bona fide superstar, a regular 40-50 goal scorer, maybe more.  Kessel is already the only player on the Bruins -- the only one in recent memory -- who can singlehandedly generate a scoring chance every time he touches the puck.

Kessel does have heart -- coming back from cancer, playing with a torn rotator cuff (which would have sidelined any and all baseball players for about a year).  The question is, can he add a decent dose of grit to his game? 

Under guys like Julien and Neely, the answer just might be yes.  It's a little bit of a gamble, but one with a huge payoff if it works.

For that reason, I say keep Kessel.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwillie2. Show wwillie2's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL" : I can't believe I'm even having this argument.  Kessel is 21 and scored 36 goals in 70 games last year.  He's your top offensive scoring threat and by getting rid of him, your limiting Savards effectiveness in my opinion.  Regardless of who you move on his wing, that person doesn't have the speed or scoring ability of Kessel. I think someone should ask Savard who he'd rather have....Kessel or Kobasew...what do you think the answer is going to be?   On a side note, don't listen to those garbage rumors out there that Chiarelli is asking for a 1st rd pick, prospect and roster player for Kessel.  He's never and I repeat never going to get that in return.  The Leafs wouldn't even do Kaberle and a 1st for him why would someone else give us more than that.    
    Posted by bigvig10[/QUOTE]

Kessel may have scored the most goals last year, but that is not necessarily an indicator of how he will do next year.  Wheeler scored 21 goals as a rookie; Kessel only scored 11 as a rookie.  Wheeler also had the 2nd best +/- in the NHL.  He also suffered the latter half of the season and had difficulties adjusting to a long NHL season.  He is very likely to adjust and be able to be more consistent for the full season, which will lead to many more goals.  I think Savvy would be more than happy to have Wheeler on his right side.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazybsfan04. Show crazybsfan04's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL" : So you wanna give up 3 players with the potential to score a total of about 70 goals to keep a guy that will score 30-40, can't hit or take a hit and doesn't know the definition of backchecking? BRILLIANT!!!
    Posted by notrolls[/QUOTE]i couldn't agree with this guy here anymore!i've said this all along about kessel:gettin' rid of 1-3 guys just to keep kessel the pansy makes no sense whatsoever to me!kobasew has way way more heart for this game than phil will ever have in his lifetime!I'm sorry to say this, but the one to go is bergy unfortunatley.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mario11. Show mario11's posts

Kessel will never become gritty or scrappy like Kobasew, it's just not his game.  I think if he can improve his defense that would be a huge plus to his game

Would still need to move more than Kobasew in order to get Kessel signed.  Don't think the options include trading Bergeron or Sturm due to injury questions, salary, and no trade clause for Sturm.

I hate to say it but I think they will end up moving Kessel

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: "TOP 3 PLAYERS TO MAKE ROOM FOR KESSEL" : Kessel may have scored the most goals last year, but that is not necessarily an indicator of how he will do next year.  Wheeler scored 21 goals as a rookie; Kessel only scored 11 as a rookie.  Wheeler also had the 2nd best +/- in the NHL.  He also suffered the latter half of the season and had difficulties adjusting to a long NHL season.  He is very likely to adjust and be able to be more consistent for the full season, which will lead to many more goals.  I think Savvy would be more than happy to have Wheeler on his right side.
    Posted by wwillie2[/QUOTE]          2 different animals,I myself playing center,would much rather give that neutral zone pass over to a faster Kessel.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brunod. Show brunod's posts

In order to sign Kessel Kobie and Ference would be the ones going. The Bruins are looking to become more durable and these 2 do not fit the bill and they would be easiest to move. I really don't want to see anyone go but that's the cap world and the Bruins need the goal scoring not so much the grit.