... and THE SHEEP GO CRAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from CanuckBruin. Show CanuckBruin's posts

Re:... and THE SHEEP GO CRAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!!

Trolls of a feather....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

In Response to Re:... and THE SHEEP GO CRAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!!:
    In Response to Re:... and THE SHEEP GO CRAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!! : I realize I've explained my JJ rant a million times but then I come across someone new like the guy who taled about the '04 team who obviously needs it explained to him.

I don't need it explained at all....it's very simple, JJ doesn't lace up the skates. His well paid players did, and despite having a ton of talent, didn't produce. Who do you blame for that? Sure, he busted the team up the next year (I wasn't pleased either), but he at least took a shot at going deep in 04.

Sorry, but I can't let it go when I see ANYONE defending JJ ESPECIALLY when he makes reference to the PERFFECT EXAMPLE of an owner who didn't care for the Cup in the long run--only the bottom line--and broke up what could have been an amazing team for years and years b/c he didn't want to pay out the salaries it would have taken to keep the likes of Gonchar, Jumbo Joe, etc. Can you IMAGINE having that team w/Rask as your goalie now??? We'd be a #2 or 3 seed at WORST and favorites for a Cup.

How bout last year.......we were top of the east....and almost won the presidents trophy. And again were eliminated just short of going to the 3rd round. JJ's fault again? What about this year? What happened to the team? I suppose JJ is at fault again? I'm being sarcastic here of course, I realize injuries have played a big role, but you might blame JJ again?

But no--JJ exploded any chance of that happening and now in exchange we have to feel all giddy b/c Sturm (the end result of the Thornton deal) actually scored a goal in the season finale.

How's that Thornton trade doing for San Jose? Have they hoisted a cup (sarcasm on high)? I guess we can blame their mgt./GM/Owner as well??

Come on, B's Legion--we know each other by now--we're both Bruins fans, we both want them to win the Cup--but as you correctly pointed out, I've been a Bruins fan since the early 70's when they OWNED this town and to see what happened to them since JJ took over earns me the right to b*tch about it any time some clueless newbie comes a,long and says something as ridiculous as "the owner of the team doesn't matter--it's the players"---how can you NOT respond to that kind of idiocy??? Who chooses the GM who chooses the players???? Who tells the GM to let a guy go when he wants more money or speaks out against the emperor like Oates did in '92-'93??

Been a Bruins fan since the mid 70's myself and won't change. Despite our disagreement on the ultimate impact of the Owner ultimately determining a winning team, I'm with you on cheering this team onto a cup.

In what aspect of business--whether it be sports, car manufacturing, or non-profits, does the responsibility for the failure or success of the organization NOT start at the very top???

To be effective, you have to have much more then a great head huncho. Sure, he holds the purse strings, and likely influences some of the player decisions, but surely the scouting and GM have a big role to play, and ultimately, if the talent is put on the ice ala 2004 team example, it falls to the players to win. 

If it doesn't outrage you that this Bruins franchise is an afterthought on the Boston sports scene going on 20 years now then you're just not paying attention. All that being said: I am VERY proud of the players left on this skeleton squad for being where they are today. They made the playoffs and did it on guts and defense IN SPITE OF THE OWNER AND MANAGER GIVING THEM THE VERY WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE....

This is what I don't understand; this team is essentially the same team as last year, but they have failed miserably to come close to what they achieved last season. Injuries have played a role obviously, but it's aloooooooooooooong ways from what we saw last year. So, JJ is at work again I suppose here to help the team fail?? Don't think so.

and so, my hat's off to them But I do not think they have any realistic shot of getting out of the first round and really, at the end of the day--isn't it just ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT A CUP?? Doesn't that rankle you just a little bit??

Of course we are not happy fans........we want a cup every year don't we? Ok, maybe that's a bit unreasonable. ;-)

The guy I railed against made yet another point in my favor--the real owners who care solely about winning a Cup are the ones you DO see in the mix every year....and don't be surprised if the Wings are there yet again--that's the owner and management bruins fans deserve

Now that every owner faces the same cap, it comes down to who gets the best talent put together on the ice......and hoping they work well together. Great scouting and drafting are key for any type of run......along with some luck, aka no key player injuries.

--not a penny pinching Buffalonian gaziollionaire, who--yes--would make more coin if the bruins won a Cup--but is clearly more than happy to give fans mediocrity year in and year out and make up the difference on beer and hot dog sales.

Finally, we agree......JJ would like to win a Stanley Cup, if only to pad his pockets some more (not sure if this is true......I don't know the man)

as well as I do that's JJ's bottom line--and he's leaving the team to his idiot son, who knows even LESS about hockey, and heaven help us for the next 30 years after JJ kicks the bucket if Clueless Chuck stays at the helm. Finally--no matter my hatred for the owner, once the puck drops on the 2010 playoffs--it's GO BRUINS! That I can't help.

Let's hope the Bruins lacklustre play this year changes around in the playoffs.......and turns into something special.

Posted by TryToBearIt

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BarfBagBilly. Show BarfBagBilly's posts

lol @ 4everbruins! totally clueless.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re:... and THE SHEEP GO CRAAAAAAZZZZZY!!!! : I realize I've explained my JJ rant a million times but then I come across someone new like the guy who taled about the '04 team who obviously needs it explained to him. Sorry, but I can't let it go when I see ANYONE defending JJ ESPECIALLY when he makes reference to the PERFFECT EXAMPLE of an owner who didn't care for the Cup in the long run--only the bottom line--and broke up what could have been an amazing team for years and years b/c he didn't want to pay out the salaries it would have taken to keep the likes of Gonchar, Jumbo Joe, etc. Can you IMAGINE having that team w/Rask as your goalie now??? We'd be a #2 or 3 seed at WORST and favorites for a Cup. But no--JJ exploded any chance of that happening and now in exchange we have to feel all giddy b/c Sturm (the end result of the Thornton deal) actually scored a goal in the season finale. Come on, B's Legion--we know each other by now--we're both Bruins fans, we both want them to win the Cup--but as you correctly pointed out, I've been a Bruins fan since the early 70's when they OWNED this town and to see what happened to them since JJ took over earns me the right to b*tch about it any time some clueless newbie comes a,long and says something as ridiculous as "the owner of the team doesn't matter--it's the players"---how can you NOT respond to that kind of idiocy??? Who chooses the GM who chooses the players???? Who tells the GM to let a guy go when he wants more money or speaks out against the emperor like Oates did in '92-'93?? In what aspect of business--whether it be sports, car manufacturing, or non-profits, does the responsibility for the failure or success of the organization NOT start at the very top??? If it doesn't outrage you that this Bruins franchise is an afterthought on the Boston sports scene going on 20 years now then you're just not paying attention. All that being said: I am VERY proud of the players left on this skeleton squad for being where they are today. They made the playoffs and did it on guts and defense IN SPITE OF THE OWNER AND MANAGER GIVING THEM THE VERY WORST OFFENSE IN THE LEAGUE....and so, my hat's off to them But I do not think they have any realistic shot of getting out of the first round and really, at the end of the day--isn't it just ANOTHER YEAR WITHOUT A CUP?? Doesn't that rankle you just a little bit?? The guy I railed against made yet another point in my favor--the real owners who care solely about winning a Cup are the ones you DO see in the mix every year....and don't be surprised if the Wings are there yet again--that's the owner and management bruins fans deserve--not a penny pinching Buffalonian gaziollionaire, who--yes--would make more coin if the bruins won a Cup--but is clearly more than happy to give fans mediocrity year in and year out and make up the difference on beer and hot dog sales. You know as well as I do that's JJ's bottom line--and he's leaving the team to his idiot son, who knows even LESS about hockey, and heaven help us for the next 30 years after JJ kicks the bucket if Clueless Chuck stays at the helm. Finally--no matter my hatred for the owner, once the puck drops on the 2010 playoffs--it's GO BRUINS! That I can't help.
    Posted by TryToBearIt

You mean when JJ eventually passes you will be continuing your incoherent ranting on this subject with Chuck. What about JJ's grandkids , are they next after that ? Your perspective on how beer and hot dogs was quite amusing on why the B's have not won the Cup with JJ . And I thought the main reasons why a team didn't win cups were because of not being as good on the ice as the other teams. Now I know the real reason . IT'S BECAUSE OF THE BEER AND HOT DOGS !!!! Just another post from someone who has passion for the B's but weird thoughts on why they are without a cup. Sorry trytobearit yourJJ rants are very old and quite comical. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shadowcpt. Show Shadowcpt's posts

Oh, I get it now, you're cool if you insult fans who are happy that their team won. Pretty sad. Yes, JJ and his administration deserve derision, but for cryin out loud enjoy the lastest victory and the chance to fight another day.  So, I'm  going to root for the B's to destroy the Sabers, probably won't happen but I'll bet you it will be some good hockey to watch. So along with my wife (a Texan who is now a Bruins fan), we'll enjoy the show.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from sparky1313. Show sparky1313's posts

It's funny how many JJ haters say it's about the bottom line. If that were only true then he would have "bought" a championship (like the sox owners did) to make so much more in post season tix and apparel. This owner is just clueless when it comes to hockey. Case in point; He left Sinden in place for all those years. Sinden is the real reason that this team has stunk for so long. Even O'Connell in trading Thornton was getting back at Sinden for knowing he was going to be fired. The good part is the managment now in place, although not experienced, has alot of hockey sense and drive to build a long standing playoff and cup driven team. Those of you that cannot see that are not hockey or Bruins fans, but, pink hat wavers that think the only team to rout for is a guaranteed winner.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheDelReport. Show TheDelReport's posts

Wooooooo!!
    Nice win yesterday for the Black and Gold... We have the match up we wanted in the first round, B's will be a tough out... Read more at http://thedelreport.com/

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

It's funny how many JJ haters say it's about the bottom line. If that were only true then he would have "bought" a championship (like the sox owners did) to make so much more in post season tix and apparel. This owner is just clueless when it comes to hockey. Case in point; He left Sinden in place for all those years. Sinden is the real reason that this team has stunk for so long. Even O'Connell in trading Thornton was getting back at Sinden for knowing he was going to be fired. The good part is the managment now in place, although not experienced, has alot of hockey sense and drive to build a long standing playoff and cup driven team. Those of you that cannot see that are not hockey or Bruins fans, but, pink hat wavers that think the only team to rout for is a guaranteed winner.
    Posted by sparky1313

Agree with you that the current management team is better than they're given credit.
    Also don't think it's humanly possible to be any more off base in your assesment of the Thornton deal, or Harry's contribution.  For many, many years, Harry's team was one of the most successful in the sport, despite never having the money to spend that every other GM had.  No GM had his hands tied as tightly as Harry did.  Several of the most lop sided trades in hockey history, were orchestrated by Harry.  He undoubtedly will be remembered by the hockey world as on of the best GM's in the games history.  Imagine what he could have accomplished if he had of worked for the Rangers or Red Wings.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4everbruins. Show 4everbruins's posts

lol @ 4everbruins! totally clueless.
    Posted by BarfBagBilly

Your handle describes you perfectly.