10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010

no. 1   : Thim Thomas best goalie in the NHL Vezina trophy 2009
    no.2   : Zdeno number 1 D in the leaugue ...Norris last year
    no.3   : Claude Julien ....best coach ...
    no.4   : great chemistry ...
    no.5  :  our no.2 goalie (Rask)  ...big improvement over Fernandez
    no.6  :  the return of Marco Sturm
    no.7  : Blake Whheler not only will improve his numbers but will be one of the best shothanded player replacing PJ
    no.8  :  Milan Lucic will be even better (is it possible ??  YES)
    no.9 :  The addition of Morris ...will improve our Power play
    no.10 : Savard-Krejci-Bergeron-Ryder-Stuart-Kobasew-Wideman-Bitz...simply too much talent ....GO BRRRRUINS ! ! !

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Re: 10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010

while i agree with you that the Bs have a great shot, I think that you are a bit of a homer. earlier you said that Morris was a top 3 defensemen in the NHL, which is just not the case. I agree with 2, but not with 1, i'm sorry but Thomas is just not the best goalie in the NHL, you can argue the fact, but I'm not buying it until he succeeds in a system not built for goalies

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

11. Mark Stuart continues his progress toward a top tiered NHL D-man and major tough guy

12. Rask makes 30% of starts and is sensational

13. Kessel will be re-signed and Savard-Kessel will continue to bedazzle

14. Plenty of hot talent waiting to come up in cases of injury to starters

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: 10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010:
    [QUOTE]while i agree with you that the Bs have a great shot, I think that you are a bit of a homer. earlier you said that Morris was a top 3 defensemen in the NHL, which is just not the case. I agree with 2, but not with 1, i'm sorry but Thomas is just not the best goalie in the NHL, you can argue the fact, but I'm not buying it until he succeeds in a system not built for goalies
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]So we are to believe you instead of the gms in the NHL, that eat, breath, and get paid to know hockey? They voted Thomas the number one goalie in the league case closed. What we really need is Krejci to become a top five player at his position. All great defensive systems start with a great goalie, and the same is true in Boston. Thomas not only led the regular seaon in save %, but also the playoffs. You just hate the fact he proved you wrong last year and became the number one goalie in the NHL. Please give us more proof then just your simple feelings. Until that happens I will stick with the experts opinions, and they plainly state Thomas best goalie. Chara best defenseman, Julien best coach. All the above stated reasons give real Bruins fans a real reason to believe they can win the cup this year. GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

He won the Vezina (or whatever you call it) trophy for being the best goalie for the season, or for having the best season for a goalie in 2009.  To say he is the best goalie in the league is a stretch.  He is fine....not worried about Thomas.  I am worried about the teams inability to score goals in the playoffs.  Also, why did they suddenly change their style in the plaoffs last season....all year they were physical, then they let the other teams push them around in the playoffs? Why?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

Also:
    Bergeron stinks....no offense...it breaks my heart to say it, but the kid just isnt the same anymore.  I dont think anyone would be after that injury.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from dickiebsb. Show dickiebsb's posts

bergeron doesnt stink buddy cmon. after the playoff loss to carolina last year, Chiarelli came out publically and said that Bergeron looked the best he looked all year in the playoffs and that he expects him to make a big return next year. This will be his 2nd full season comign off a concussion, i expect 20-25 goals and somewhere between 60-65 pts. Bergeron stinks you obviously dont watch the games. Hes our best defensive center taking all the important faceoffs and besides not scoring he plays one of the best overall games of anyone on the team. what games where you watching?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

in 2009 Thomas had the best goal against average and the best save %

what more can you ask...I think he will repeat in 2009-10 and be even better ...

GO BRUINS ! ! ! 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

Sorry, but here's 10 reasons they WON'T:

1. They won't re-sign Kessel. He'll probably end up with the Rangers and burn the B's in the playoffs.

2. Timmy won't be as solid as last year; Rask is still a rook and is no 2nd coming of Ken Dryden.

3. Other teams in the East come back as strong or stroner (you really think the B's have more firepower than the Pens or the Caps? The Flyers with Pronger don't scare you?)

4. Derek Morris is not the upgrade they needed from losing Aaron Ward. He's slowed measurably and while he may pop in a few on the power play, his lack of mobility in his own end will hurt.

5. No honeymoon this season. Last year's B's were the hockey equivalent of the Tampa Bay Rays in '08. No one saw them coming; everyone waited for them to fade away, and they never did (until the playoffs). This year, teams will not take them as lightly and they will struggle as a result.

6. Bergeron is one bad hit away from calling it a career. I sincerely hope he can avoid it, but the likelihood over an 82 game grind is he'll get tattooed at some point.

7. Let the haters have their say, but Axelsson will be missed, especially on the PK.

8. I'm still the only guy here who says Lucic is overrated, but I'm begging to be proven wrong. Go ahead, Looch, make me eat my words.

9. Much as I love Mark Recchi, I'm afraid he could be next year's hockey version of John Smoltz. If so, they better find an equivalent who can get it done, b/c guys like him are critical come post-season.

10. This should really be #1. This team is still owned by one of--if not THE--worst owner in all sports, and his heir apparent is the idiot-in-waiting. If the Bruins need an extra piece to the puzzle to put them over the top (and where have we heard that before--only for the past 3 decades) you can be sure Jacobs will find a way to hamstring Chiarelli from making it happen. There is every reason to believe that as long as JJ guides this team, they will never hoist the Cup. He's the worst, Jerry. The WORST.

Caveat emptor: I am a Bruins fan since age 5 (well past 40 now), and want nothing more than to see this team win it all. More than the Red Sox, now that I've seen that twice. I'm just realistic, and not wanting to get my hopes up--yet again. I hope I'm wrong.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

2 possibilities either you are a habs fan or a total Idiot

GO BRRRRUINS ! ! !

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from slicksteve38. Show slicksteve38's posts

I was watching the same games you were................buddy.  If they want a defensive forward, they should have kept Axxleson (however you spell it).  What games were YOU watching?  I watched Bergeron shoot wide on one timers, blow so many break aways it was sad to watch.  He didnt fly into the boards to dig out pucks either....he was tentative all year....period.  I am a huge B's fan....still have the signed Brad Park broken stick to prove it.  4 years ago I thought Bergeron was the next superstar for the B's.....he was a complete player...but he isnt that anymore...i dont know if he is scared, or if he has lost the vision, but he is a 3rd center at best.  You cant even use him on a checking line because he doesnt go hard into the corners.....sorry...but I watch EVERY game. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanJohnthan. Show StanJohnthan's posts

Then#1 reason why they won't............................................................................................................................................................................................
    no cap space to get an impact player at the trade deadline.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]He won the Vezina (or whatever you call it) trophy for being the best goalie for the season, or for having the best season for a goalie in 2009.  To say he is the best goalie in the league is a stretch.  He is fine....not worried about Thomas.  I am worried about the teams inability to score goals in the playoffs.  Also, why did they suddenly change their style in the plaoffs last season....all year they were physical, then they let the other teams push them around in the playoffs? Why?
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

THANK YOU-It has bothered me all off season. I'll never understand why they all kept pushing the " we have to stay disciplined" line of B.S. as soon as they reached the post season. They totally lost thier edge and determination by going that route, and Julien is to blame for that. You know what you get for playing like that? A punch in the face-literally. How does that happen without a response?That was the end of them after that incident.
     This team isn't fast enough, or skilled enough to play that style of hockey, they need to bang and grind, and play with desperation and great goaltending/defense. Thier depth is the way to wear down the opposition. 3-4 quality lines coming in waves. This is the Boston Bruins- not the freakin Red Wings! If you doubt that-then just check the results. How is that going to change this year?

BTW you might be right about Bergeron, it's not the kids fault though.
    But its a bad situation when you are paying 5 Mill a year for 8 goals, and being one hit away from never playing again.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINSin2010's posts

Bergeron will get 65 points this season ...back to where he left

GO BRRRUINS ! ! !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]I was watching the same games you were................buddy.  If they want a defensive forward, they should have kept Axxleson (however you spell it).  What games were YOU watching?  I watched Bergeron shoot wide on one timers, blow so many break aways it was sad to watch.  He didnt fly into the boards to dig out pucks either....he was tentative all year....period.  I am a huge B's fan....still have the signed Brad Park broken stick to prove it.  4 years ago I thought Bergeron was the next superstar for the B's.....he was a complete player...but he isnt that anymore...i dont know if he is scared, or if he has lost the vision, but he is a 3rd center at best.  You cant even use him on a checking line because he doesnt go hard into the corners.....sorry...but I watch EVERY game. 
    Posted by slicksteve38[/QUOTE]

what i am hearing from this is that ou watched the first half of the season, but then stopped? you definitely didn't watch a single playoff game, he was their best forward.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010 : What a dork!
    Posted by imafan[/QUOTE]

jackas$

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but here's 10 reasons they WON'T: 1. They won't re-sign Kessel. He'll probably end up with the Rangers and burn the B's in the playoffs. 2. Timmy won't be as solid as last year; Rask is still a rook and is no 2nd coming of Ken Dryden. 3. Other teams in the East come back as strong or stroner (you really think the B's have more firepower than the Pens or the Caps? The Flyers with Pronger don't scare you?) 4. Derek Morris is not the upgrade they needed from losing Aaron Ward. He's slowed measurably and while he may pop in a few on the power play, his lack of mobility in his own end will hurt. 5. No honeymoon this season. Last year's B's were the hockey equivalent of the Tampa Bay Rays in '08. No one saw them coming; everyone waited for them to fade away, and they never did (until the playoffs). This year, teams will not take them as lightly and they will struggle as a result. 6. Bergeron is one bad hit away from calling it a career. I sincerely hope he can avoid it, but the likelihood over an 82 game grind is he'll get tattooed at some point. 7. Let the haters have their say, but Axelsson will be missed, especially on the PK. 8. I'm still the only guy here who says Lucic is overrated, but I'm begging to be proven wrong. Go ahead, Looch, make me eat my words. 9. Much as I love Mark Recchi, I'm afraid he could be next year's hockey version of John Smoltz. If so, they better find an equivalent who can get it done, b/c guys like him are critical come post-season. 10. This should really be #1. This team is still owned by one of--if not THE--worst owner in all sports, and his heir apparent is the idiot-in-waiting. If the Bruins need an extra piece to the puzzle to put them over the top (and where have we heard that before--only for the past 3 decades) you can be sure Jacobs will find a way to hamstring Chiarelli from making it happen. There is every reason to believe that as long as JJ guides this team, they will never hoist the Cup. He's the worst, Jerry. The WORST. Caveat emptor: I am a Bruins fan since age 5 (well past 40 now), and want nothing more than to see this team win it all. More than the Red Sox, now that I've seen that twice. I'm just realistic, and not wanting to get my hopes up--yet again. I hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

name one way, just ONE way that Jacobs, since the salary cap, has hurt the team that the Bruins put on the ice......not one buddy, not one

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010 : what i am hearing from this is that ou watched the first half of the season, but then stopped? you definitely didn't watch a single playoff game, he was their best forward.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Patrice Bergeron 2008/09 playoff stats

11 games   0 goals   5 assists  ???????

Yeh-OK  he was our best forward- good point
    I guess we couldn't use Heatley

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from IceGoalie3014. Show IceGoalie3014's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry, but here's 10 reasons they WON'T: 1. They won't re-sign Kessel. He'll probably end up with the Rangers and burn the B's in the playoffs. 2. Timmy won't be as solid as last year; Rask is still a rook and is no 2nd coming of Ken Dryden. 3. Other teams in the East come back as strong or stroner (you really think the B's have more firepower than the Pens or the Caps? The Flyers with Pronger don't scare you?) 4. Derek Morris is not the upgrade they needed from losing Aaron Ward. He's slowed measurably and while he may pop in a few on the power play, his lack of mobility in his own end will hurt. 5. No honeymoon this season. Last year's B's were the hockey equivalent of the Tampa Bay Rays in '08. No one saw them coming; everyone waited for them to fade away, and they never did (until the playoffs). This year, teams will not take them as lightly and they will struggle as a result. 6. Bergeron is one bad hit away from calling it a career. I sincerely hope he can avoid it, but the likelihood over an 82 game grind is he'll get tattooed at some point. 7. Let the haters have their say, but Axelsson will be missed, especially on the PK. 8. I'm still the only guy here who says Lucic is overrated, but I'm begging to be proven wrong. Go ahead, Looch, make me eat my words. 9. Much as I love Mark Recchi, I'm afraid he could be next year's hockey version of John Smoltz. If so, they better find an equivalent who can get it done, b/c guys like him are critical come post-season. 10. This should really be #1. This team is still owned by one of--if not THE--worst owner in all sports, and his heir apparent is the idiot-in-waiting. If the Bruins need an extra piece to the puzzle to put them over the top (and where have we heard that before--only for the past 3 decades) you can be sure Jacobs will find a way to hamstring Chiarelli from making it happen. There is every reason to believe that as long as JJ guides this team, they will never hoist the Cup. He's the worst, Jerry. The WORST. Caveat emptor: I am a Bruins fan since age 5 (well past 40 now), and want nothing more than to see this team win it all. More than the Red Sox, now that I've seen that twice. I'm just realistic, and not wanting to get my hopes up--yet again. I hope I'm wrong.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

Really? All of your glasses seem to be half empty.  How can you seriously call yourself a Bruins fan if you are that negative about the team?  You make some decent points but, you have far too many and you go way too far on all 10.  It's one thing to be realistic, it's another to expect 82 wins like you seem to.  Every team has their issues but, there is no reason to be as bitter as you are about this team.  Do you even enjoy/look forward to Bruins games?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010 : Patrice Bergeron 2008/09 playoff stats 11 games   0 goals    5 assists   ??????? Yeh-OK  he was our best forward- good point I guess we couldn't use Heatley
    Posted by JWensink[/QUOTE]

throw stats at me all day in baseball, basketball, and football....but hockey is not a game of statistics. Bergeron does ALL the little things right, he started playing tough in the corners again, makes great decisions in the D zone, reads forechecks like no other, is a great face off guy......if all you care about is stats thats fine but i'll just ignore you as your asinine contributions wouldn't be worth reading

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 10 reasons why the B's will win the Cup in 2010 : throw stats at me all day in baseball, basketball, and football....but hockey is not a game of statistics. Bergeron does ALL the little things right, he started playing tough in the corners again, makes great decisions in the D zone, reads forechecks like no other, is a great face off guy......if all you care about is stats thats fine but i'll just ignore you as your asinine contributions wouldn't be worth reading
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

You said about Bergeron that "he was their best forward" during the playoffs-and then suggest that I make "asinine contributions" 
              You just exposed your hockey IQ bro-

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

apparently PC has a terrible hockey IQ too, he said the same thing I did

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Stats always count but you have to factor in all stats to compare apples to oranges not just goals and points. You have to figure whom they are head to head with, plus minus, PP, shots, blocked shots, takeaways, giveaways, TOI, hits given and taken, Faceoffs won and lost in Off-Def and Neutral zones etc.

These stats can be counted but to scout a game you still have to watch it, an example would be Tikkannen against Bos in 90 when he shadowed Janney and Neeley couldn't do a thing, these are when individuals play better than their stats it is not always what they do but what their opponent accomplishes head to head as opposed to against the rest of the league.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Bergeron played above the stats in last years playoffs, but it will be nice when he contributes in the points department as well and he will.

Sections
Shortcuts