11/05/2010 vs Washington - Game thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

11/05/2010 vs Washington - Game thread

Team looks better than I expected through 9 games... BUT, the addition of Mike Green and the absence of Boychuk could be bad for the Bruins.

Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: 11/05/2010 vs Washington - Game thread

Lucic rings the post!

Getting the last change on home ice keeps Ovi away from Chara.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordBruin. Show LordBruin's posts

Timmy The Tank lookin' once again solid as a Bruin Rock in the net Smilealthough i missed part of 1st period, they looked sloppy poppy in their own zone and didn't create much offensive threatFrown!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Bruins not playing well so far tonight.  Still plenty of time on the board.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

It's all Caps in the second... I think I can count on one hand the number of times the B's have carried the puck into the offensive zone!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Lucic completely muffed an open net chance on the PP! Only part of our game that looks solid tonight is PK... hard to evaluate goaltenders since Timmy is being hung out to dry by his team and we aren't putting anything on Neuvirth.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

we left our effort in Boston.  should have brought that along.  out classed tonight

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LordBruin. Show LordBruin's posts

End of 2nd Period Thoughts are the following:
    Possibly putting Tuuks in net for the 3rd period to give TT a break rest as well as prepare Rask for his probable start tomorrow evening.

Disgusting play in front of Thomas tonite. It seems like almost like our Beloved B's are throwing the game as well as the towel in - maybe there's something going on that we are all unaware of behind the scenes - just saying!
    They will need a quick tally, hopefully another goal midway throuugh the 3rd and a pull-the-goalie equalizer in the final moments/minutes of the game, then win it in either OT or SO!
    I'm a Bruin Believer and hopefully the rest of all of u faithful are too!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

HERE WE GO BRUINS HERE WE GO

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

that offsides call was BS

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

What happened during that 2nd intermission? B's are on fire!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

WAY TO GO B's Seguin was a part of 2 of those goals

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

>.<

tough luck.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Very makeable save off the draw... I'm worried CJ is going to kill Rask's confidence. The team battles back to tie things up and, now, he might have to ride the bus home thinking how he blew the game. I know he's a pro but he's also young.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

Damm the Caps just took the lead with about 6 min to play.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

Rask in the third was an inspiration then the rust came of the wheels!  He should recover fine but he does need to play more.  That said the game was lost in the first two periods.  Team loss!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

They put that kinda effort in from the start and its a different game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

In Response to Re: 11/05/2010 vs Washington - Game thread:
    [QUOTE]They put that kinda effort in from the start and its a different game.
    Posted by shuperman[/QUOTE]

Totally agree. Not just a different game... a win!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Flameurass. Show Flameurass's posts

Great goalie or not, you can't play 10 minutes of an hour-long game and expect to win. 

Bottom line, when the B's shoot the puck they win. You'd think that would be obvious to professional players, but I guess CJ had to remind them of that during the 2nd intermission.

That said, I can accept the near comeback as a positive sign: they very nearly found a way to win in a bad situation.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

[QUOTE]Great goalie or not, you can't play 10 minutes of an hour-long game and expect to win.  Bottom line, when the B's shoot the puck they win. You'd think that would be obvious to professional players, but I guess CJ had to remind them of that during the 2nd intermission. That said, I can accept the near comeback as a positive sign: they very nearly found a way to win in a bad situation.
    Posted by Flameurass[/QUOTE]

Yes you are right they did! However, remember last yr early in the season when they pulled off two wins in the same fashion. 1 against the Islanders & the other a couple of games later against the Sens! It is great to come back & all, but we don't want this team winning 4 or 5 games during the season this way, because come play-off time it's a whole new ball game. I'm sort of glad they lost only because it shows nothing is an absolute! Play pathetic for 2 periods & awesome for 15min & we still can win attitude! There's no room for complacency!

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

[QUOTE]Timmy The Tank lookin' once again solid as a Bruin Rock in the net although i missed part of 1st period, they looked sloppy poppy in their own zone and didn't create much offensive threat !
    Posted by LordBruin[/QUOTE]

Timmy The Tank got the Yank !

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

The Caps goal on Rask was zipped through 5-6 players and Ference crossed in front just as Rask reached. The game was lost in the face-off circle and the very poor passes. Caps ran over Hunwick and Ference, and Chara was fumbling all night long. Caps played better and broke up the offense with stick positions and size.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from I-Like-Hockey. Show I-Like-Hockey's posts

[QUOTE]The Caps goal on Rask was zipped through 5-6 players and Ference crossed in front just as Rask reached. The game was lost in the face-off circle and the very poor passes. Caps ran over Hunwick and Ference, and Chara was fumbling all night long. Caps played better and broke up the offense with stick positions and size.
    Posted by Bogie6[/QUOTE]

Yep Ferrence couldve blocked that shot or at least tried being tough infront of the net. Instead everyone just watched it zip right by rask. Chara did seem to be fumbling the puck out there and Lucic in the third must've turned it over in the offensive zone 3x in a row.,

All-in-all, dissapointing effort. Until the third they madea  reall game out of it and I am glad they did. HOpefully that carriers over tonight because they are going to need some offensive to beat the Blues. They are the only team defensively superior to the B's in stats right now should be a battle.