15 NHL Teams Fold in 2 Years???

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from emitchell2. Show emitchell2's posts

I just read an interesting article about the economy and the state of the NBA with financials by Bill Simmons... very interesting read. At the end of the article, he states that he knew an executive who claimed that 15 nhl teams would be collapsing financially in the next few years! I hope this doesn't happen... althoug I wouldn't mind if the phoenix coyotes moved back to Canada.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/090227

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrmikebruins8. Show mrmikebruins8's posts

good cause there are just to many teams now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsoxfan63. Show nhsoxfan63's posts

Exactly! While they are at it, get a competent guy to run the league. Bettman is a dope.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

That's been circulating in Canada for some time. I heard an interview with Rick Nash saying how imperative it is for Columbus to just make the palyoffs this year. The commentators followed up that this MAY insure their survival for the next Couple of seasons.

Man, if that is the outlook, to just survive, that's a sad state of affairs. No mention at all of being succesful!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Thank God for Jeremy Jacobs! He was the one who wouldn't give in to the ridiculous asking salaries.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

[Quote]Thank God for Jeremy Jacobs! He was the one who wouldn't give in to the ridiculous asking salaries.[/Quote]

Good one!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

How 'bout this.... My NEW NHL!!

U.S. Conference (East and West somehow) - Boston, NY Rangers, Philadelphia, Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota, Buffalo, Colorado, Pittsburgh.

VS

Canadian Conference (again east and west division) - Montreal, Toronto, Quebec, Vanouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Winnepeg, Thunder Bay..etc..

That would be fantastic. Always a US verse Canadian Stanley Cup and cities that love their hockey only allowed.

Let me dream, people!

No more Arizona, Florida, Texas, California (yes I believe the disney ruined hockey for 10 years) or Georgia.

Don't sell Americans on Cricket and Don't sell southerners on Hockey.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cup2009. Show cup2009's posts

I do believe this economy is bottom ing out now, second it is very short sighted for people to think all teams in the south should move to Canada, If y ou really think about the popularity of hockey its has increased alot since the 1980's when it was no where in the minds of Americans. Yes their are problems. But for people to say hockey doesnt not belong in the south, Well i have to say is look at the attendence figures of the bruins before this y ear it was awful should we move the Bruins to Canada. If you look at a team like phoniex the soulation is simple put a Winner on the ice.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Yeah, no more southern hockey teams, their too good, lmao.

Lets see: Since 1992-1993 the Kings, Panthers, Caps, Stars back to back, Hurricanes, Ducks, Tampa, Hurricanes, Ducks have gone to the finals in that order. So 10 times in the last 15 cup playoff years there has been a team you dont want in the league, and in those 10 times, 4 times a southern or Californian team has won it. HILARIOUS!!!!!!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dom77. Show dom77's posts

The biggest problem with the NHL is the short sightedness of the commissioner.

Hmmm lets think back to the expansion era when he allowed the Sharks, Lightning and Panthers in. Sure put it into a new market. Charge Peanuts for tickets and then in a few years we will jack up the prices.... well maybe a few years have passed and these markets will not pay the higher prices for tickets.......so what do we do? ... let's let the Ducks join and only charge them half of what the other expansion fees were since they will be owned by the wealthiest owners (Disney) who could obviously pay more and we just want their money anyways so they will make another hockey movie........Nope that didn't work... second movie flopped and the ownership Disney bailed out......I know lets put teams in Atlanta and Phoenixllllll oh I forgot what about Nashville they are sure to like hockey there.

Bettman is an idiot. and the owners are all idiots for following this guy for all this time.

Along comes Mr Balsille and offers huge money to buy an existing franchise which can't survive in its market. Wow great news......he is offering $50 million above market value........no wait lets reject the offer to move the team to where there were over 14,000 downpayments for seasons tickets in place in 48 hours for a price of $500 downpayment per seat and leave the team where it is and we will let a guy come in using other peoples borrowed money and credit notes and sell full priced season ticket packages for about 2o% of the cost in Hamilton. Then we will stand back and say "we thought Boots had lots of money"

With this current economic crisis the Owners will be looking for a solution and I predict it will finally come from the Real owners of the Toronto Maple Leafs which is the Ontario Teacher's Pension Fund.

Mark my word Bettman is grasping to hold on to power. Have you noticed lately that when there is a disciplinary issue that Colin Campbell is hardly ever around? That is because Bettman is trying to put his stamp on things knowing that at least in the interim when he is dismissed Cambell will be the new commisioner, so he is trying to squeeze him out.