17 LONG LEAN YEARS...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

17 LONG LEAN YEARS...

When is it going to be our turn?

I'm not talking about winning the Cup.

I'm not talking about winning the Eastern Conference Finals.

All I want is a measly second round playoff round win! Is this too much to ask?

2009-10     Lost in 2nd Round

2008-09     Lost in 2nd Round    

2007-08    Lost in 1st Round    

2006-07             DNQ 

2005-06             DNQ

2004-05      NHL LOCKOUT

2003-04    Lost in 1st Round     

2002-03    Lost in 1st Round      

2001-02    Lost in 1st Round     

2000-01             DNQ 

1999-00             DNQ 

1998-99    Lost in 2nd Round    

1997-98    Lost in 1st Round       

1996-97             DNQ 

1995-96    Lost in 1st Round       

1994-95    Lost in 1st Round       

1993-94    Lost in 2nd Round      

1992-93    Lost in 1st Round       

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Re: 17 LONG LEAN YEARS...

At least it hasn't been 86 years, yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

[QUOTE]At least it hasn't been 86 years, yet.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

Yeah thats really something to hang your hat on...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

wow 3 series wins in 17 years...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEAR812. Show BEAR812's posts

I wonder how many times in those 17 years they actually finished higher than Eighth place. Seems like there were a lot of years I remember them just getting in as the 8th place seed... In 96-97 that was the first year we missed the playoffs in 29 seasons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEAR812. Show BEAR812's posts

And its not that far removed in 88 and again in 90 when we lost two Cup finals to LOADED Edmonton teams... I used to think those Bruins teams those years were our Best chance... Neely and Bourque. Wow... time flies. I wonder if maybe they should go back to the old 5 game format in the first couple of rounds or knock about 20 games off the season. Season just seems too damn long and we dont ever seem to ready for spring. Injuries or just getting cold at the wrong time.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from damngood. Show damngood's posts

The Sheep are happy because they LOOOOVE meaningless regular season finishes, it gets them through thier dateless summers...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from codder72-1. Show codder72-1's posts

OK there is no way all those years are correct! The Bruins cannot be that pathetic, can anyon verify this?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from MTLBRUINFAN. Show MTLBRUINFAN's posts

[QUOTE]OK there is no way all those years are correct! The Bruins cannot be that pathetic, can anyon verify this?
    Posted by codder72-1[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately it is correct . 1990 best team in the NHL and lost to the Oilers in the final . 1991 again Eastern Conference Champions , lost to the Pens in the Conference Final in a series which turned once Neely was cheap shotted.

Since then I think 2002 and 2004 were good teams who got bounced by inferior Montreal teams. Bad goaltending as usual and players with no balls aka Joe Thornton, Bill Guerin, Hall Gill , etc...etc...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

[QUOTE]The Sheep are happy because they LOOOOVE meaningless regular season finishes, it gets them through thier dateless summers...
    Posted by damngood[/QUOTE]

I have counted at least 10 times that damngood (AKA Chowdahkid, FredfromNH, chocolab, etc.) has used the word "SHEEP."   I wonder if damngood, I mean chowdahbrains, or is it fredfromNH... has a vocabulary of over 10-20 words? I forgot, he's also completely mesmerized by the word "lemming."   

Can someone give that Hab fan a drool bucket?  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

I am one of the lucky ones.

I was here when the Bruins won their last Cup.

I remember the '70's teams and how we were a force EVERY year.

I remember this team being competitive and talented through most of the '80's.

Unfortunately Harry Sinden and Bill Wirtz of the Hawks were the main guys pushing for years to get a salary cap in the league. These two teams ( Bruins and Hawks) imposed their own salary caps before it became a reality.

Is it ironic or a coincidence that now, only a few short years after the NHL has finally made the cap a reality for all teams, that the Black Hawks and Bruins are returning to the top of the league?

Don't give up, the lean years of the 90's and early 2000's were not without a purpose. Without a salary cap the NHL would not have survived in today's economy. Sinden and Wirtz were adamant about the need for a salary cap, their teams suffered for about 20 years while they kept up the fight for common sense in a sport that is not as popular among the masses as baseball and football.

They saved the sport although us fans had to suffer many losing seasons for them to get what they wanted.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from codder72-1. Show codder72-1's posts

[QUOTE] Don't give up, the lean years of the 90's and early 2000's were not without a purpose. Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Hey bud what do you mean early 2000's? We are a few months shy of 2010 here, We're going on almost 2 decades of futility

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Hey bud what do you mean early 2000's? We are a few months shy of 2010 here, We're going on almost 2 decades of futility
    Posted by codder72-1[/QUOTE]

You're right.

Time flies when you're having fun.

I should have said MOST of the 2000's.

Hey , it's a good story and was bored at lunchtime. Nobody has to agree with it.

At least the Bruins have an excuse and there are people like me still alive who remember a championship. Not  like the Saints of NFL, Milwaukee of MLB or the Toronto Maple Leafs and Hawks , who all have an even longer run of suffering. It's not as if this is the only sports team to go without a championship for 37 years.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from omega33. Show omega33's posts

[QUOTE]You're right. Time flies when you're having fun. I should have said MOST of the 2000's. Hey , it's a good story and was bored at lunchtime. Nobody has to agree with it. At least the Bruins have an excuse and there are people like me still alive who remember a championship. Not  like the Saints of NFL, Milwaukee of MLB or the Toronto Maple Leafs and Hawks , who all have an even longer run of suffering. It's not as if this is the only sports team to go without a championship for 37 years.
    Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

Thats the problem right there ZILLA it's "fans" like you who are ALWAYS coming up with excuses for thier failures and acting like the ultimate apologist for the organization. I thought fans are supposed to hold thier team accountable instead of being excuse makers year after year decade after decade 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Thats the problem right there ZILLA it's "fans" like you who are ALWAYS coming up with excuses for thier failures and acting like the ultimate apologist for the organization. I thought fans are supposed to hold thier team accountable instead of being excuse makers year after year decade after decade 
    Posted by omega33[/QUOTE]

I hope you don'tthink it bothers me that a person like you , who had nothing to say all season, shows up after the Bruins are done and calls me an "ultimate apologist" and that I am the problem.

How do you figure I am the problem when I did the same thing I have done every season including 1970 and 1972? I did nothing different now than I did when they won, I supported my team, watched the games, and hoped for wins.

Unlike people like you who have nothing to say all season and then come here pretending to be a frustrated fan. but in reality you relish in defeat , so you can whine about Jacobs and how you are so frustrated with all these years of no championships.

Go ahead and hold the team accountable and spend your life crying about how "our team s#cks, again" instead of recognizing that there is a real solid core of young talent that just needs to mature.

I grew up watching the greatest hockey team ever, Bobby Orr, Phil Esposito, Ken Hodge, Johnny Bucyk, Wayne Cashman, Derek Sanderson, Eddie Westfall, Dallas Smith, Don Awrey, Carol Vadnais, Mike Walton,Don Marcotte, Fred Stanfield , Pie MacKenzie, Ace Bailey, Gerry Cheevers, Eddie Johnston and Nick Beverly.

..and then there was this guy named Terry O'Reilly who just never quit and I don't care that he never won a championship , he was the MAN.

I became a Bruins fan for life in those days, and nothing anyone in this world could ever do or say would or could ever change that.

If that makes people like me " apologists", count me in.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vrabel500. Show Vrabel500's posts

[QUOTE] At least the Bruins have an excuse Posted by ZILLAGOD[/QUOTE]

What is the excuse?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

DAHHH... I keep fahgeting why I'm spending time here in dis Bruins forum when I hate da team...  Dahhhh

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CountyCork1. Show CountyCork1's posts

[QUOTE]DAHHH... I keep fahgeting why I'm spending time here in dis Bruins forum when I hate da team...  Dahhhh
    Posted by da-rivercharles[/QUOTE]

I agree with you - rivercharles.  Vrabel is a waste.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Right On, Zilla.  Good perspective on the cap etc.  Now that all teams are under a cap, it comes down to which one has the best scouting, management, farm system, heritage and expectations.  We have an excellent team with a real future, all within cap limitations.  Other teams are in much worse shape.  Look at Tampa, putting so much into a few players has handcuffed them and now they can't move Lecav. because his contract is for TEN more years and mega bucks. 

Our astute management will get the K&K puzzle solved and we will be better next year than this. 

Like most B fans, I was upset by how much good talent we let slip away under the Sinden- O'Connell years.  We had a cap but big rich teams like NYR and Dallas has unlimited spending power.  Now the field is level.  The Rangers struggle because they are ROTTEN at their core, like the city itself.  Ditto for Dallas-- a big rich stupid place. 

Next year we will be bringing up some brilliant talent from Prov.  Also Sturm will be back, and could score 40.  There seems to be unanimous opinion (included PC as quoted) to sign Krejci long term.

The future looks good.  Stay tuned!!!

ps Zilla-- you forgot to mention my favorite player back then-- BRAD PARK.  Loved the way he passed where he was NOT looking.  Hunwick reminds me of him somewhat, has that potential.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Vrabel500. Show Vrabel500's posts

[QUOTE]DAHHH... I keep fahgeting why I'm spending time here in dis Bruins forum when I hate da team...  Dahhhh
    Posted by da-rivercharles[/QUOTE]

HUH???

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE] ps Zilla-- you forgot to mention my favorite player back then-- BRAD PARK.  Loved the way he passed where he was NOT looking.  Hunwick reminds me of him somewhat, has that potential.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

CarolinaClamMan, didn't intend to slight Brad Park, I was focusing on players from the last B's Cup winner.

Impossible to list all the good players from the '70's without going on forever.

A few other players who were favorites from those years, Gregg Sheppard, Stan Jonathan, Rick Middleton Mike Milbury and of course my favorite goalie ever, Gilles Gilbert.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hey Gardensupporter,

What team do you support anyway?  All you ever do is complain about the Bruins, even in the face of obvious improvement the past 3 seasons.  Anyone can complain, that's easy. 

So tell us:  next year, if B's improve by winning in the 2nd round but then lose in the 3rd round, what will your little chart look like then? 

2009-10  Lost in 3rd Round
    2008-09    
    Lost in 2nd Round    
    2007-08    Lost in 1st Round    
    2006-07             DNQ 

Even if B's were to lose in 3rd round next season, do you see a pattern of IMPROVEMENT here?  As fans, that's all we can reasonably ask, isn't it?  No one goes directly from a DNQ to winning a Cup.  Obviously, Chiarelli knows what he's doing.  But nobody has to tell you this.  As a true B's "supporter", you know it too.  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Gardensupport er , What team do you support anyway?  All you ever do is complain about the Bruins, even in the face of obvious improvement the past 3 seasons.  Anyone can complain, that's easy.  So tell us:  next year, if B's improve by winning in the 2nd round but then lose in the 3rd round, what will your little chart look like then?  2009-10  Lost in 3rd Round 2008-09     Lost in 2nd Round      2007-08    Lost in 1st Round      2006-07              DNQ   Even if B's were to lose in 3rd round next season, do you see a pattern of IMPROVEMENT here?  As fans, that's all we can reasonably ask, isn't it?  No one goes directly from a DNQ to winning a Cup.  Obviously, Chiarelli knows what he's doing.  But nobody has to tell you this.  As a true B's "support er ", you know it too.     
    Posted by BruinsCountry[/QUOTE]

IF IF IF

IF my aunt had nuts she would be my uncle!

The Bruins pulled thier usual job of underperforming in the playoffs, stop trying to justify it with your what if scenarios

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

[QUOTE]All I want is a measly second round playoff round win! Is this too much to ask?      Posted by Gardensupportor[/QUOTE]

When Jeremy Jacobs is your owner then yes that is too much to ask for.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The second round win isn't measly in the NHL. That would put them into the final four. This isn't football, where you have to win 2 games and you are in the super bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts