1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkrswild93. Show jkrswild93's posts

Number of Bruins losses this year by 1 goal????   9 regulation and 9 O.T.L.  As nice as Kovy would be in moving the B's up on the Standings board i still think Tkachuck and Whitney would be very useful and LESS expensive for the B's..... Also 23-22-9 Pittsburgs record last year through January!!!!!!  Bruins record this year 23-22-9  Hmmmm a lil similiar

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Re: 18

18.....hmmmm same amount of goals as you know who.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupporter. Show Gardensupporter's posts

According to Versus, there's actually MORE interest in Whitney than Kovy because of the reason stated here,  he's a very high quality player who could be had for a reasonable cheap price.

EVERY team anywhere near contention is interested A LOT in Whitney.  More so than Kovy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wolftears. Show wolftears's posts

No more bandaids over bullet holes.

This organization needs some foundation pieces. Not some nice drapes found cheap at a yardsale

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jkrswild93. Show jkrswild93's posts

True, B's have Vezina, Norris winner of last year and a decent team that if they got 1 or 2 good goal scorers i thihnk they would do fine....  Or if Ryder played like last year and put the puck in the net then 1 player would do!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

The 09 Pens and 10 Bruins are apples and oranges.  Pens fired their coach, went 18-3-4, and made it up to 4th in the East.   What they did, even the most rah-rah fan must admit, was highly unusual.  But they had the team (with talent AND depth) to do it, obviously enough.  I don't see this year's Bruins as capable, especially being DEAD LAST in goals scored, of being even remotely close to repeating Pittsburgh's feat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

well put wolftears!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Guerin & Kunitz providing full line for Crosby so he and Malkin could be split was the deciding factor of the cup.  Our lineup was fuller from top to bottom excluding Crosby & Malkin.

Their addition of 2 grit players on a line with Crosby and getting all of their injured players back is what won them the cup.

We have a team with talent and depth, but injuries have hurt us almost as much as not replacing a scorer. Pit had a team to the finals and when they did nothing and were injured they faced elimination. When they added players diced the coach and had their injured players return they won the cup.

We pick up a line for Sav (Kov) get our players 'all' healthy and we can challenge for anything.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueEyedGuy. Show BlueEyedGuy's posts

I disagree. The fact that injuries hurt this season is a reflection of a lack of depth on the current roster and in the organization as a whole.  If you call up guys who don't keep the ship afloat during the rough injury stretch(es), then you can't claim to have depth.  Having said that, I'm still not convinced this Bruins squad is as talent-laden as everyone seems to think.  Being last in scoring is quite a telling tale of talent, if you ask me.

However....the problem now for the Bruins is clear: the damage to their record NOW might be too much to overcome even if they get and stay "healthy".  As it stands now, the best they're likely to get, assuming they get 35 points out of a possible 56 (to hit 90 points) in their final 28 games, is 6th spot--7th or 8th is more realistic and those two spots will be a dogfight among 4 or 5 clubs.  Not going to be easy or as simple as some folks here might think/believe.