1st Quarter report cards.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

1st Quarter report cards.

I'll grade each player separately, and then coaching and management.

Thomas: B+ three shutouts which is only two less than he had all last season, solid stats. It's hard to tell how much of some of the bad games were his fault and not issues with players in front of him, but there were clearly breakdowns in his play here and there.

Rask: B. He's had a solid set of games, mostly against poor teams the Bruins should be able to beat easily. There is already a book on him, and it shows in how players shoot at him. He has compensated for the book, but his concentration is very sketchy towards the end of the game and he needs to remember not to start thinking about the post game shower and such until after the horn blows.

Stuart: B, he hasn't contributed to the offense as much as he did last year, on the other hand he's not getting that much top four time as the D has been healthier by far this year than last. He's mostly been solid.

Wideman: D- He's been horrid with occasional flashes of merely bad and rare glimpses of competent. His collision with Hunwick is only one of the many gaffes that should have earned him a trip to the press box for a few games.

Ference: B He's been healthy so far, and has had only one or two bad games but has been mostly invisible in a positive manner, which is all you can ask a third pairing stay at home defenseman.

Morris: B- Inconsistent as hell in the early going, and has made a few turnovers, but is also tied for third in points. Has used his hitting and skating well, but has made some really questionable passes.

Hunwick: B- Needs to show more awareness of his d partner, and needs to shoot more from the point, but has been very reliable. 

Chara: C- Has not been the game changing monster he can be except maybe the game when he scored his first goal. Has had a couple bad, bad games while adjusting to a new partner and been invisible most of the time.

Boychuck: Incomplete, which seems to be the story of his cameos in the NHL. 

Krejci: D I'm tempted to give an incomplete since he didn't have a preseason, but one of the hallmarks of his  game last year was an ability to touch pass mojo to anyone on his wing last year. He not only isn't scoring as much, neither are his linemates.

Sobtoka: C-/Incomplete (see coaching grade) he's looked good with some linemates, leads the team in hits, and has been solid in his own zone, but offense is not something he's generated much of.

Marshand: Incomplete: Some good flashes, and a lot of invisibility. He's not strong enough to play in the NHL and be effective yet.

Recchi: D, his offense has been almost entirely absent but he hasn't made any stupid turnovers and is doing stuff away from the puck. Needs to shoot more, looked out of shape the first 10+ games.

Ryder: C- has done most of the right stuff away from the puck some of the time. Has finally started to warm up the scoring but has not been a factor in games when he didn't score like he was last year.

Wheeler: C+ Has been consistently doing the stuff away from the puck that makes him highly valuable. Fails to use his size to get more space, and has not made any of the pretty goals he did last year. He needs to shoot a little more, and hit a lot more.

Savard: A/incomplete. For the time he was on the ice before being injured he was amazing.

Sturm: C+ Like Wheeler he has been doing stuff away from the puck more often than not, has won battles along the boards and not been a negative, he could almost get the same comments as Chara, he can be more but hasn't been.

Begin: A (and it pains me to say that) He has been one of the four or five most effective players on the ice all season.

Lucic: D+/Incomplete. Was a non factor in his first six games, and looked solid in the two games since his return. Needs to remember his game.

Bitz: C Has been the worst part of the best 4th line in hockey. Some screwy passes and sloppy skating show he belongs on the 4th line, some genuinely deft passes and scoring show he could earn a higher slot if he can stay focused.

Thornton: B- has done nothing hugely wrong, but needs to be a bit more obnoxious to the other team when not fighting to keep them off their game.

Witfield: D- Invisible in any useful manner, the fact that he was only a -1 in seven games is a testament to the players around him, his signing is a big blackmark against the management.

Lefebvre: Incomplete.

Paille: A- has helped make the penalty kill solid, has great speed, makes smart decisions with the puck and is not prone to taking nights off.

Lehtonen: Incomplete.

Bergeron: A+ Despite no consistent help among the forwards, he's been from well above average to elite in all three zones and situations all season. And again, despite the lack of support is on pace for 26 goals this season, which would be his second highest total. If he has just two or three multi-point games he could beat his previous high of 31. 

Kobasew: C- (see management grade) Went from a drastically under performing team to a drastically under talented team and has done not much all season. Was not the problem in Boston, is not the problem in Minnesota, but can be better.

Coaching: C. The team is above .500 despite injuries, departures and new arrivals. Made some poor calls in tearing apart lines that were very effective, in particular the Paille - Sobotka - Wheeler line before the Detroit game. Playing a team that loaded with talent and veteran savvy with lines not familiar with each others habits is a recipe for disaster. I also don't think they have been aggressive enough in sending messages to veterans who have underperformed at this point at least one name player should have earned themselves a trip to the press box.

Management: C. They made the right call in not overpaying Kessel, and got a solid return for him. They made the right calls in bringing in Morris and Begin. But they made the wrong calls in letting so much veteran leadership go and the on ice product has suffered from so much of the regulating personalities go. I can live with letting Yelle and Ward go, they weren't contributing much and the latter seemed to get injured every ten games. Hnidy was not the best defenseman on the team, and could have gone too, but his reasonably even keel on top of Axelssons are quite noticeable in their absence.  PJ would have been more valuable than Recchi has shown himself to be this season, and perhaps the Bruins wouldn't have needed to spend the draft picks to get Paille. Letting two of these four guys go is no big deal, and Hnidy could be just as effective a healthy scratch as Boychuck but all four is inexcusable shortsightedness. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Re: 1st Quarter report cards.

Whew, bandg, how long did it take you to compose all that?

Bitz   B+  getting better every game.

Hunwick   B   great stick work ; quickness makes up for lightness

Morris    A    excellent addition; good outlet and point work

Krejci   A   really getting back to his high skill set now

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCan. Show BruinsCan's posts

Not really go into detail here, disagree and agree on some of what you have laid out.

However, I am going to give the team an overal A.  They are above 500 even though they had a horrible start and some serious injuries up front to deal with.
    The teams overal strenght offensively is our centermen, and we have played most of this year with 50% of our best players.  Krejci is only starting to get back to 100%, and Savvy has missed something like 15 games.

I noticed a lot of commentors suggest that they would be happy being 500 by the time Krejci was back to 100%, Lucic and Savvy was back... and we are almost there and we are above 500.  

Overal, good job.. we are only starting to see what this team really has to offer.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan76. Show bruinsfan76's posts

wow,good post bruinscan and very good writing bandgbleeder you should do that s^^t for cash!I dont agree on everything you said like the coaching for one besides a couple of games,cant winnem all!!Nuntheless(?) you both made good posts,i also think the team is doing great,for losing its whole first line from last year(Kess,looch,savy)and still beeing right there(i think 6th)were doing great.I think they just need to gel together with savard in the lineup by game 30 we should be winning 3-4 games in a row regularly.Look at the rangers they were hot in the begining but i think there in 11th(?)i know its like 1 point that seperates uss but nuntheless were right there.A few of our guys are not really putting up numbers right now but how long can it last?these guys can put the puck in the net dont kid yourself Z didnt win the Norris by fluke,Thomas didnt win the Vezina by fluke,ok maybe a little fluke!!Wheels is looking great com on,the guy is everywhere Rides got 6 goals,Bergy's on fire,Bergy's on fire,ya i know isaid it twice he deserves it,next captain thats what i'm hoping,dont forget he's like 24(?)little kid!!24!!Were ok man for a little while just sign Savvy and Wheeler and were good,we should be making the playoffs regularly now if PC goes for broke and picks up a Kovalchuch then we are defenetly a stanley cup contender i kid you not!!and if that doesn't work out we can always hope the leafs keep on playing like they are and pick a 1st or 2nd aaaaaaannnnnndddddd dont forget there is still 60 games left,60,6-0!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

agree with alot of your grades,thinking your alittle low on the krecji & wheeler grades....last 6 8 games constant offensive pressure from them 2 with krecji the last 2 3 games maybe the best player on the ice & that is without any offensive help from their RW.....& while i agree on the recchi grade he has made dum passes & has 3 4 glaring giveaways a game, but at least is pushing the puck up ice at a faster pace then he was....& if ference was a 2nd d pairing would that change your grade?.....you have to remember bitz is only a rookie & i think the way he controls puck possesion is excellent & when he learns what to do with it he,ll be a force,loved him & lucic the other night together.... put savard between those 2! other then that pretty observant grading & love your intensity as a B,s fan!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

I'm not sure, maybe somewhere between 45 and 75 minutes. 

In Response to Re: 1st Quarter report cards.:
    [QUOTE]Whew, bandg, how long did it take you to compose all that? Bitz   B+  getting better every game. Hunwick   B   great stick work ; quickness makes up for lightness Morris    A    excellent addition; good outlet and point work Krejci   A   really getting back to his high skill set now
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]you have to remember bitz is only a rookie & i think the way he controls puck possesion is excellent & when he learns what to do with it he,ll be a force,loved him & lucic the other night together.... put savard between those 2!  
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

An intriguing idea-- putting Bitz there for a try.  But it would be slick Savard with two bang crashers. As you note, Bitz does not have the hands yet.  He brings the puck into slot with his great strength and ability to corral the puck.  But then he seems to not know what to do with it.  

IMO, Bitz has huge potential.  He's on a steep learning curve.  Why not give him a chance?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

how bout bergeron between lucic & bitz?  a great defensive line with offensive puck possesion talent   then savard with sturm & ryder to shoot off his passes that leaves krecji & wheeler together & how bout giving paille a chance with them & maybe his offensive talent will bloom  if you can get more outa paille & bitz that would just fill out a great roster,with their defensive talents i dont think the experiment will hurt you

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hey pucman,  I just read that CJ is trying Bitz on right wing with Savard, Sturm on left.  You were on to something there. 

It will be intriguing to see how these lines shake down.  It would be fun to see Bitz and Lucic on the same ice some more, as you say, and it may yet happen.  They scored the one goal, a beauty, and darn near did the same thing again in the third period.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

no kiddin   geez,maybe CJ,s reading these posts?  if he is "plz bench recchi" dont let paille or sobotka regress at this point, we need these 2 in the long run more then what recchi is doin for the team in the short run

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Bergy with an A+?  Are you serious?

He has been the best on the team, no doubt about it but A+ and elite in all zones?

You need to watch some more hockey, my friend.  I like Bergy probably as much as you do. I would agrue that he is the best player on the team up to this point in the year.  But if you claim the the 91st leading point scorer of the season is an ELITE scorer/offensive threat, then you are SLIGHTLY overstating things. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

im thinking what bleeder is grading on is the bruins themselves,the role they have & not the whole league stinger....but elite in the offensive zone or for that matter the whole ice is probably a bit of a reach....now defensively i may go out on the reach & say bergeron could be a top 3 selke candidate....but that is 1 mans opinion

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]no kiddin   geez,maybe CJ,s reading these posts?  if he is "plz bench recchi" dont let paille or sobotka regress at this point, we need these 2 in the long run more then what recchi is doin for the team in the short run
    Posted by pucman[/QUOTE]

Amen hallelujah...if Recchi plays instead of Sobotka or Paille I will be screaming at the TV.  But for some unknown reason management just loves Recchi.  It's beyond unbelievable

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 1st Quarter report cards. : Amen hallelujah...if Recchi plays instead of Sobotka or Paille I will be screaming at the TV.  But for some unknown reason management just loves Recchi.  It's beyond unbelievable
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Agree with you 100% about Recchi but I don't think CJ sees things like we do.  A quote by CJ in today's Globe says it all:"“Mark Recchi’s had a couple of great games..."

http://www.boston.com/sports/hockey/bruins/articles/2009/11/22/pivotal_moment_for_bruins/

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

most guys underachieved through the first 15-16 and  have really come on the last week or so.
    As for Recchi, trust me, he'll earn his million by the end of the season

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

46 you love recchi....dont take that wrong,everyone has there own opinion & ive read alot of your post & you seem on the ball...i just dont see it, even though he has pushed the puck up ice alot quicker the past couple games he still has alot of giveaways....i would hate to see paille or sobotka regress & have to sit out,which reminds me of boychuk wow is he getting a s@re&%ng....hes just praticeing & isnt even playing regular in prov. as far as i know....be a shame if that happened to paille or sobotka with there talent & years they have ahead of them

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Savy: INC
    LOOCH: INC
    WHEELS: B; has been producing on his line lately and was bringing intensity even before playing w/Ryd/DK
    Krejci: C but improving
    Ryder: C- but improving

Bergy: B+ very consistent best on B's so far but numbers aren't blowing anyone away
    Sturm:  D- without that shot going in off his butt in Pitt and he'd be even lower
    Paille:  B-; has given team boost on PK, could do more on offense

Recchi: D+ looked slow,many turnovers, and not shooting enough.  Has been aggressive on forecheck at times.
    Begin: B ; has played much better than advertised offensively
    Bitz: B-  ;is starting to show some confidence around net and is using his size to shield puck nicely

Chara: D+  ; not playing anywhere near the level of a Norris trophy winner
    Morris: B-  ; after slow start is looking like the guy advertised!!!
    Wideman: F  : turnovers, bad passes, bad decisions, falling, snake-bitten in every part of game-not producing offensively either

Stuart:  B   ; tough as nails, playing solid D, tough, physical shut down D man
    Ference: B- ; playing well on D, making good decisions/passes
    Hunwick: C  ; for an offensive D-man, he is not showing it yet this year

Thomas: B+  ; tough start but played good in net through a stretch where team's goal production was awful.
    Rask: B   ; kid is improving quickly and will be quite the player down the road

Coaching:  C-  ; stood by some veterans way too long, will send down better talent out of some type of loyalty to team's veterans that are not producing.  CJ was able to keep the ship afloat during a period of injuries and low offensive production.

Management:  B-  ; made an important move (trade of Koby and getting Paille) to clear up some cap space when needed and obtained a much needed PK guy that immediately improved team.  Still hurting from missing natural scorers...Also deserves credit for not going into panic mode during last month of injuries/no scoring- did not give away stockpile of pics and didn't trade slumping vets at their lowest point of value.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

its not that i'm defending his play, im just not ready to give up on the guy yet

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Quite serious. He's about the only Bruin to score two games in a row more than once, he was second in the NHL in faceoffs won and 7 in faceoff percentage, he's led all Bruins forwards in TOI, he's got the teams only shorthanded goal, has both a GWG and two Shootout deciding goals, has the most SHTOIPG for Bruins forwards, has the most PPTOI and 2nd most PPTOI for B's forwards, is first in blocked shots for forwards, leads the team in takeaways and of the Centers in the NHL with more takeaways only two have a higher % of Faceoffs won...

Bergeron really is that good. If he didn't have Recchi tied around his skates he'd probably be at or above a point per game pace, he's certainly shooting with the same sort of percentage he had before he was injured.

[QUOTE]Bergy with an A+?  Are you serious? He has been the best on the team, no doubt about it but A+ and elite in all zones? You need to watch some more hockey, my friend.  I like Bergy probably as much as you do. I would agrue that he is the best player on the team up to this point in the year.  But if you claim the the 91st leading point scorer of the season is an ELITE scorer/offensive threat, then you are SLIGHTLY overstating things. 
    Posted by stingerjp[/QUOTE]

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]Quite serious. He's about the only Bruin to score two games in a row more than once, he was second in the NHL in faceoffs won and 7 in faceoff percentage, he's led all Bruins forwards in TOI, he's got the teams only shorthanded goal, has both a GWG and two Shootout deciding goals, has the most SHTOIPG for Bruins forwards, has the most PPTOI and 2nd most PPTOI for B's forwards, is first in blocked shots for forwards, leads the team in takeaways and of the Centers in the NHL with more takeaways only two have a higher % of Faceoffs won... Bergeron really is that good. If he didn't have Recchi tied around his skates he'd probably be at or above a point per game pace, he's certainly shooting with the same sort of percentage he had before he was injured. In Response to Re: 1st Quarter report cards. :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

You don't get it BangB.  Bergy has been the best BRUINS forward.  He has been consistent and the best we've rolled out there. 

However, don't mistake his consistency from the play of an ELITE forward.  Being a top faceoff % guy does not make you elite. 

Bergy is 92nd in the NHL in pts.
    Bergy is ranked 546th in the NHL in +/-  (is probably all Recchi's fault, eh?)
    Bergy is 51st in the NHL in goals (yes, that means each team has almost 2 guys as good)

I actually do like the guy, but lets not be blinded by hometown fervor.  Bergy is a good two-way player and has been the most consistent forward on the Bruins.  He has been nowhere near ELITE.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

I disagree.
    Points and goals aren't all there is to look at. Play in the corners, breakout, forecheck, physical play, defensive positioning, faceoffs. I think he is getting close to elite and I think he has definitely earned his contract so far this season. Its not just about scoring, Bergeron does the little things right. Those things don't show up on the scoresheet but they show up on the ice.

lidstrom has 8 points in 21 games, is he not elite?
    eric staal had 5 points in 13 games, is he not elite?

By your logic Chris Thorburn is an elite penalty killer because he has scored 2 shorties this year, tied for the league lead

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

[QUOTE]I disagree. Points and goals aren't all there is to look at. Play in the corners, breakout, forecheck, physical play, defensive positioning, faceoffs. I think he is getting close to elite and I think he has definitely earned his contract so far this season. Its not just about scoring, Bergeron does the little things right. Those things don't show up on the scoresheet but they show up on the ice. lidstrom has 8 points in 21 games, is he not elite? eric staal had 5 points in 13 games, is he not elite? By your logic Chris Thorburn is an elite penalty killer because he has scored 2 shorties this year, tied for the league lead
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Stats do not translate into elite but some stats do tell a story-that is what i'm pointing out to the previous post.  If you read my post, I said that Bergy was a good player and playing better than any Bruin forward.  However, he is not in the ELITE class. 

Perhaps a good thread would be "is Bergy playing well enough to be an All-Star"???

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Well there are many different kinds of elite.
    Is Bergeron an elite point producing center? no, hes only on pace for a 26-26-52 season. But he is elite when it comes to the type of player he is. Powerplay, penalty  kill, responsible defensively, amazing forecheck with offensive touch, hes a complete player and the type of center i'd love to have two of

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

ELITE ENOUGH FOR YOU?
    4 assists, 2pp, one even strength, one PK

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to 1st Quarter report cards.:
    [QUOTE]I'll grade each player separately, and then coaching and management. Thomas: B+ three shutouts which is only two less than he had all last season, solid stats. It's hard to tell how much of some of the bad games were his fault and not issues with players in front of him, but there were clearly breakdowns in his play here and there. Rask: B. He's had a solid set of games, mostly against poor teams the Bruins should be able to beat easily. There is already a book on him, and it shows in how players shoot at him. He has compensated for the book, but his concentration is very sketchy towards the end of the game and he needs to  remember  not to start thinking about the post game shower and such until after the horn blows. Stuart: B, he hasn't contributed to the offense as much as he did last year, on the other hand he's not getting that much top four time as the D has been healthier by far this year than last. He's mostly been solid. Wideman: D- He's been horrid with occasional flashes of merely bad and rare glimpses of competent. His collision with Hunwick is only one of the many gaffes that should have earned him a trip to the press box for a few games. Ference: B He's been healthy so far, and has had only one or two bad games but has been mostly invisible in a positive manner, which is all you can ask a third pairing stay at home defenseman. Morris: B- Inconsistent as hell in the early going, and has made a few turnovers, but is also tied for third in points. Has used his hitting and skating well, but has made some really questionable passes. Hunwick: B- Needs to show more awareness of his d partner, and needs to shoot more from the point, but has been very reliable.  Chara: C- Has  not  been the game changing monster he can be except maybe the game when he scored his first goal. Has had a couple bad, bad games while adjusting to a new partner and been invisible most of the time. Boychuck: Incomplete, which seems to be the story of his cameos in the NHL.  Krejci: D I'm tempted to give an incomplete since he didn't have a preseason, but one of the hallmarks of his  game last year was an ability to touch pass mojo to anyone on his wing last year. He not only isn't scoring as much, neither are his linemates. Sobtoka: C-/Incomplete (see coaching grade) he's looked good with some linemates, leads the team in hits, and has been solid in his own zone, but offense is not something he's generated much of. Marshand: Incomplete: Some good flashes, and a lot of invisibility. He's not strong enough to play in the NHL and be effective yet. Recchi: D, his offense has been almost entirely absent but he hasn't made any stupid turnovers and is doing stuff away from the puck. Needs to shoot more, looked out of shape the first 10+ games. Ryder: C- has done most of the right stuff away from the puck  some  of the time. Has finally started to warm up the scoring but has not been a factor in games when he didn't score like he was last year. Wheeler: C+ Has been consistently doing the stuff away from the puck that makes him highly valuable. Fails to use his size to get more space, and has not made any of the  pretty  goals he did last year. He needs to shoot a little more, and hit  a lot  more. Savard: A/incomplete. For the time he was on the ice before being injured he was amazing. Sturm: C+ Like Wheeler he has been doing stuff away from the puck more often than not, has won battles along the boards and not been a negative, he could almost get the same comments as Chara, he can be more but hasn't been. Begin: A (and it pains me to say that) He has been one of the four or five most effective players on the ice all season. Lucic: D+/Incomplete. Was a non factor in his first six games, and looked solid in the two games since his return. Needs to remember his game. Bitz: C Has been the worst part of the best 4th line in hockey. Some screwy passes and sloppy skating show he belongs on the 4th line, some genuinely deft passes and scoring show he could earn a higher slot if he can stay focused. Thornton: B- has done nothing hugely wrong, but needs to be a bit more obnoxious to the other team when not fighting to keep them off their game. Witfield: D- Invisible in any useful manner, the fact that he was only a -1 in seven games is a testament to the players around him, his signing is a big blackmark against the management. Lefebvre: Incomplete. Paille: A- has helped make the penalty kill solid, has great speed, makes smart decisions with the puck and is not prone to taking nights off. Lehtonen: Incomplete. Bergeron: A+ Despite  no  consistent help among the forwards, he's been from well above average to  elite  in all three zones and situations all season. And again, despite the lack of support is on pace for 26 goals this season, which would be his second highest total. If he has just two or three multi-point games he could beat his previous high of 31.  Kobasew: C- (see management grade) Went from a drastically under performing team to a drastically under talented team and has done not much all season.  Was not  the problem in Boston, is not the problem in Minnesota, but can be better. Coaching: C. The team is above .500 despite injuries, departures and new arrivals. Made some poor calls in tearing apart lines that were very effective, in particular the Paille - Sobotka - Wheeler line before the Detroit game. Playing a team that loaded with talent and veteran savvy with lines not familiar with each others habits is a recipe for disaster. I also don't think they have been aggressive enough in sending messages to veterans who have underperformed at this point at least one name player should have earned themselves a trip to the press box. Management: C. They made the right call in not overpaying Kessel, and got a solid return for him. They made the right calls in bringing in Morris and Begin. But they made the  wrong  calls in letting so much veteran leadership go and the on ice product has suffered from so much of the regulating personalities go. I can live with letting Yelle and Ward go, they weren't contributing much and the latter seemed to get injured every ten games. Hnidy was not the best defenseman on the team, and could have gone too, but his reasonably even keel on top of Axelssons are  quite  noticeable in their absence.  PJ would have been more valuable than Recchi has shown himself to be this season, and  perhaps  the Bruins wouldn't have needed to spend the draft picks to get Paille. Letting two of these four guys go is no big deal, and Hnidy could be just as effective a healthy scratch as Boychuck but all four is inexcusable shortsightedness. 
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

almost had it right Tukku B+
    Thomas B-

Sections
Shortcuts