20011..... GOODBYE RASK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBasti. Show BBasti's posts

Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!

FYI... why wait until 2011... lucic, rask, stuart, wheeler, sobotka (not to forget savard) need to be re-signed next summer...

as for now i am not really concerned about possibly losing rask... depending on the performance of the aforementioned players it could be tough to fit them under the decreasing cap... if worst comes to worst and provided thomas keeps performing like the last couple of years with his afordable salary he should be not that tough to move... not that i want anything like that to happen... ;-)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBasti. Show BBasti's posts

In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!:
     20 millions$ for the 35 year old Thomas  is the real mistake of P.C. Rask( Good for P.C.) and Sabourin can make a good job for less and keep money for Kessels or others good young players like him. P.C. knows it. But PC was afraid critics. it does all to keep his job some more years. Thomas was too popular to loose him . Now watch the old man loose his ability and become the next buyout like Murray and Schaefer.
    Posted by BlueChip99

so do you think NJ has made a mistake by signing an 37 year old brodeur to a contract worth slightly more than that of thomas' ??? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

At least we won't get rid of Seymour, Vrabel, Smoltz or Martinez.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from beezer16. Show beezer16's posts

They spend to the cap (very little room left). Even if they wanted to spend more, they can't . It is that simple.  Every team is bound to these same rules.

In Response to 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!:
    R.F.A. 2011.... WHEELER, LUCIC, RASK,........... goodbye, tuukka nice knowing you... but it,s just the way the jacobs do buisness. i take a lot of heat on this board but i will tell you this, my spelling bad and i might not be a jacob water carrier, or a peter chiarellie puppet, but i do know this, those 3 draft picks won,t score 30 40 goals next year. and if they had no salary cap room how dare they trade him in the division. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON,T GIVE A DAM ABOUT WHAT THE BRUINS FANS WANT ....... A STANLEY CUP!  not only did the bruins give up scoring they made a team in there division stronger is that good buisness?  the jacobs have done some stupid stuff but this just SPIT,S IN THE FACE OF BRUINS NATION !! the front office could have signed him and traded him to whoever they wanted.... NOW, CAN ANY OFF YOU SO CALLED JACOBS WATER CARRIERS DEFEND THIS ONE????? 
    Posted by pissttt

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bgrif008. Show bgrif008's posts

If Rask is as good as everyone says and plays, then the B's will hold on to him. A good or even a great goalie is the most prized position in hockey. He's your last line of defense and needs to be the best.

I think the B's know that. Look at how many goalies they have been through....

Moog, Lemelin, Casey, Carey, Lacher, Blue, Graham, Ranford, Raycroft, Fernandez, Shields, Dafoe, Hacket....Cmon, help me out. Some were good in their prime, but way too many ok goalies who were starters at one time. An Ok goalie isnt gonna get you anywhere.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

In Response to 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : I'll make this short and sweet moron.  Did you not here anything Chiarelli said during his press conference.  He DID NOT have any other options but to send him to Toronto.  Kessel wouldn't do a sign and trade deal and Toronto was threatening to place an offer sheet for the 5+ per that he wanted.  If he would have done a sign and trade to any other team, he would not be in Toronto but why would a team want to give up it's A prospects and draft picks for a guy who you probably won't be able to sign.  Think before you speak idiot 
    Posted by bigvig10
         MORON, what happen to the " we have the o.k by ownership to match any offer" per peter the great.. your a fool... let toronto make the offer sheet, match it and then trade him to whoever.. keep him out of your division  OR ABRORB$$$ the extra on the salary cap to 61.mil. and keep kessel on the bruins BUT....  it,s about the money and they have done a great injustice to there fan base.  oh by the way... GET A JOB NIT WIT....  and a lot of you other trolls are really not long time bruins fans or you would know what i,m talking about the jacobs corrupt way of doing buisness....GROW UP.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

Players with a matched offer sheet cannot be traded for one year starting from the date the match is made.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsFaninOntario. Show BruinsFaninOntario's posts

(typo) - I think you mean 2011.  In 20011, Rask will be over 18,000 years old. I think if Rask leaves, he is more likely to leave over playing time issues rather than money.
    Posted by Beer-League-Goalie

Holy gee whiz, that's pretty old to still be playing in the NHL. If we sign him until 20011, the league might investigate that contract.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

Players with a matched offer sheet cannot be traded for one year starting from the date the match is made.  SIGN HIM, KEEP HIM TILL 2010  then trade him.
    Posted by DrCC

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrCC. Show DrCC's posts

In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! :
    SIGN HIM, KEEP HIM TILL 2010  then trade him. Posted by pissttt

That would require the same salary dumping as just signing and keeping him, so why not keep him at that point?
    If you want to argue that they should have kept him, that's fine - just don't be upset that he was traded in-division when he held all the cards with respect to trade destinations.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ottergwk. Show ottergwk's posts

R.F.A. 2011.... WHEELER, LUCIC, RASK,........... goodbye, tuukka nice knowing you... but it,s just the way the jacobs do buisness. i take a lot of heat on this board but i will tell you this, my spelling bad and i might not be a jacob water carrier, or a peter chiarellie puppet, but i do know this, those 3 draft picks won,t score 30 40 goals next year. and if they had no salary cap room how dare they trade him in the division. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON,T GIVE A DAM ABOUT WHAT THE BRUINS FANS WANT ....... A STANLEY CUP!  not only did the bruins give up scoring they made a team in there division stronger is that good buisness?  the jacobs have done some stupid stuff but this just SPIT,S IN THE FACE OF BRUINS NATION !! the front office could have signed him and traded him to whoever they wanted.... NOW, CAN ANY OFF YOU SO CALLED JACOBS WATER CARRIERS DEFEND THIS ONE????? 
    Posted by pissttt

I will never spend a dime on the Bruins as long as Jacobs or any other azz pupet who may be related to him own the team.  How this turd has avoided getting lynched is beyond me. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Yeah yeah yeah, whatever. You gotta chill and preserve all that energy.

Anyway, just to reiterate, I think Jacobs is gay and there's nothing wrong with that, but it does explain the new jerseys.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrisPee. Show KrisPee's posts

[QUOTE]R.F.A. 2011.... WHEELER, LUCIC, RASK,........... goodbye, tuukka nice knowing you... but it,s just the way the jacobs do buisness. i take a lot of heat on this board but i will tell you this, my spelling bad and i might not be a jacob water carrier, or a peter chiarellie puppet,
    Posted by pissttt[/QUOTE

Laughing It isn't just your atrocious spelling that is criminal. Your grammar is for $h*t too. I couldn't even read that "paragraph" of bile you spewed out. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from gapc. Show gapc's posts

Bruins will re-sign Rask long before another teams gets a shot to sign him to an offer sheet

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from amazinglarry. Show amazinglarry's posts

I just know i'm lookin forward to the 8000 season.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Extend your PC quote a couple more lines - He can match any offer, REASONABLE OFFER!! REASONABLE - you think 5.4/yr is reasonable for Kessel? REASON!!ABLE!! And as stated - you can't match and trade... Kessel got what he wanted which was a big pay day outside of Boston. Get over it - he will finish in the bottom of the barrel with the Leafs while we make another journey into the playoffs. Kessel could care less about winning anything - he wanted his payday (probably realized he better get it now, with his history he won't be long for the NHL).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

Seriously, this is the best you have?  Jeremy Jacobs doesn't want to win, blah, blah, blah.  Yes, he runs the business like a business, but the GM can spend up to the cap and over (as they dump NHL players in providence) as you've seen in years past.  Your arguement is about 10 years old, get some new information. If you want to get mad about player selection, then blame the GM, that's acceptable, but let go of this Jacob's stuff.  We all know that people don't like him, but this little thing called DATA is significant as you are clearly exposing your lack of such.
    Posted by Pirth
      jacob does not want to win a stanley cup because it will cost more money then he is willing to put out..  he will stay competative.(maybe) but that it,s  the man had a chance to put a top notch g.m in place with ray shero but player control and payroll spook him out of town but just in time to win a cup with the Pittsburgh... lombardi laugh at him and took the  ducks job... and burke wouldn't,t even look at him WHY??? as usual, the commitment to go all the way to the finals..  chiarellie.. small potatoes.. 4th choice maybe  his taken you to the next level is STEVE MONTADORE. your statement is laughable and this front office is not far behind you junior. i have been watching this man destroy the bruins in the name of money since he bought this club

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

who cares. timmy thomas is going to play until he's 45. so we don't need tuuku rusk. trade him for some dmen to better protect timmy.
    Posted by rush2112err

FACEPALM!

Rask will be extended after this offseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jason12702. Show jason12702's posts

I like Rask. did everyone see him loose it last year slaming his stick and flipping out on teh refs. That is what the B's need.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! :   jacob does not want to win a stanley cup because it will cost more money then he is willing to put out..  he will stay competative.(maybe) but that it,s  the man had a chance to put a top notch g.m in place with ray shero but player control and payroll spook him out of town but just in time to win a cup with the Pittsburgh... lombardi laugh at him and took the  ducks job... and burke wouldn't,t even look at him WHY??? as usual, the commitment to go all the way to the finals..  chiarellie.. small potatoes.. 4th choice maybe  his taken you to the next level is STEVE MONTADORE. your statement is laughable and this front office is not far behind you junior. i have been watching this man destroy the bruins in the name of money since he bought this club
    Posted by pissttt

my head hurts....that was, soooo morbidly asinine, utterly retarded. That was so stupid that I no longer dislike you and your putrid spelling, i just feel sorry for you.
    Having said that I will still argue with you.
    Your point that Jacobs does not want to win the cup because it would cost more money is just soooooooooooooo dumb. DUDE WERE FROM NEW ENGLAND, THIS IS NOT THE SOUTH, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SOME INTELLIGENCE. AN NHL team can spend 56.8 million dollars on their team, there is a SALARY CAP, which Jacobs has spent up to, and because of buyouts has actually exceeded that in terms of the cash he actually spends. the BEST thing that could happen to the bruins financially would be to win the stanley cup. Are you serious with this post? A potential of 16 extra home games at HUGE ticket mark ups is a bad thing? that costs more money? what? Jacob's may be a heartless basterd, but he would love to win because he might double his profit from the season if he had an extra 16 home playoff games.

Shero is a good GM?????? REALLY?? you think just because he won a cup he is a good GM? I got news for you, he had like 8 picks in the top 3 in the last 10 years and STILL almost screwed that up. THe penguins championship was dumb luck in that they played teams that were nearly crippled by injuries, it was a true scenario of the healthiest team won, not the best one. That trade for Hossa was one of the dumbest I've ever seen.

Stop whining, you are wrong, Jacobs no longer has an effect on the product put on the ice. Kick back, watch a game, grab a beer, and enjoy it for once

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pictureguy. Show Pictureguy's posts

Next Summer is going to be more difficult than this summer for management

Trying to retain Savard as an UFA
    Rask, Wheeler and Lucic will all be up for raises as RFA
    + other pluggers who's contracts will be up- Morris, Ference, etc

Here's hoping some kids come up and can replace whom ever we loose...or some of these guys see the big picture like Krejci and take a home team discount. 

I think PC will be proactive on the players that he wants to keep, as he has done in the past, and let who he doesn't want walk (UFA), or get players/picks for (RFA).

That is where having good draft picks come in handy down the road...although I think the Bruins make better pick between 40-70 (Lucic, Krejci, Bergeron) than they do with picks in the first round.

And having picks isn't the end of the world.  Especially if you already have a pretty good team. 
    With those picks you can control your destiny by making good draft picks which will be utilised a couple of years down the road, or use those picks and or the drafted players from those picks to upgrade your team with trades.  There are always lower seeded teams looking for good picks for good players at the deadline.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from superlaser. Show superlaser's posts

Enough with JACOBS, anyone who still thinks he is a problem with the new cap structure in place, sorry to say is a MORON!!!! You know nothing about the sport, still live in the past (probably still live in your parents basement) and is just a compulsive complainer. All TRUE BRUIN FANS please stop answering these stupid threads and maybe these BRUIN HATERS could go somewhere else!!!
    Enjoy this great new season coming and let Chiarelli do his job in signing who he has to sign and trade away.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : my head hurts....that was, soooo morbidly asinine, utterly retarded. That was so stupid that I no longer dislike you and your putrid spelling, i just feel sorry for you. Having said that I will still argue with you. Your point that Jacobs does not want to win the cup because it would cost more money is just soooooooooooooo dumb. DUDE WERE FROM NEW ENGLAND, THIS IS NOT THE SOUTH, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SOME INTELLIGENCE. AN NHL team can spend 56.8 million dollars on their team, there is a SALARY CAP, which Jacobs has spent up to, and because of buyouts has actually exceeded that in terms of the cash he actually spends. the BEST thing that could happen to the bruins financially would be to win the stanley cup. Are you serious with this post? A potential of 16 extra home games at HUGE ticket mark ups is a bad thing? that costs more money? what? Jacob's may be a heartless basterd, but he would love to win because he might double his profit from the season if he had an extra 16 home playoff games. Shero is a good GM?????? REALLY?? you think just because he won a cup he is a good GM? I got news for you, he had like 8 picks in the top 3 in the last 10 years and STILL almost screwed that up. THe penguins championship was dumb luck in that they played teams that were nearly crippled by injuries, it was a true scenario of the healthiest team won, not the best one. That trade for Hossa was one of the dumbest I've ever seen. Stop whining, you are wrong, Jacobs no longer has an effect on the product put on the ice. Kick back, watch a game, grab a beer, and enjoy it for once
    Posted by dkrejci46
    ..everything i stated is factual, maybe the boston bruins need some dumb luck.  carolina wasn,t exactly the second comming of the 1990 edmonton oilers. but then again we will never compare steve montadore to a top 5 defencemen. jacobs does have a effect on the team on the ice as owner. peter chiarellie is doing what the other before mentioned g.m,s didn,t want to do be a puppet . the kessel thing should had been handled before the all star break last year.. the bruins weaken themselfs in the division by having toronto and phil kessel dictate demands on a R.F.A.  that,s inexcusable as a major market g.m. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

well if they signed him to a 5 mill plus type deal at the all star break (are you allowed to do that with entry-level contract players under the CBA, extend them mid season?) we might be missing that critical upgrade on defense or krejci or thomas.....kessel is the guy i'd prefer to lose among that group...s*cks he ended up in toronto, but keep in mind we weaken toronto by taking their first round picks for the next 2 years. but tell me, HOW DOES JACOBS HAVE ANYTHING TO DO WITH THIS????? it is clear that he trusts PC, and has said go getem.

as for the 2nd round loss, did you see the list of injured bruins?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

we weaken toronto by taking their first round picks for the next 2 years.
    Posted by dkrejci46

Agreed.

As far as toronto is concerned, their big question mark is still goaltender in my opinion. It will be really interesting to see the development of that sweedish kid Gustavsson. I'm usually hesistant with rookies, especially goalies, but he's supposed to be the real deal. If he plays better than Toskala thus improving Toronto in goal, it will make the leafs wayyyy better than anything Phil kessel could provide. What do you think of that statement?

From what I understand, the Leafs have two sets of solid defensemen; With an improved goalie situation, it is easy to imagine the Leafs could be a lot more stingy and compensate for their "developing" offense.

As far as their forwards are concerned. Aside from kessel and Blake, do the leafs really scare you on offense? in my opinion, NO, but that might be a function of not knowing many of the players names. But I would take a big puck moving center any day over a one-dimensional goal scorer like Kessel, and without their 1st round picks for the next two years, If Kessel doesn't provide the offense they need, they'll have a much harder time adjusting their roster with the commitment they made to Kessel.

Sections
Shortcuts