20011..... GOODBYE RASK!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from cieli01. Show cieli01's posts

Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!

In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : ..everything i stated is factual, maybe the boston bruins need some dumb luck.  carolina wasn,t exactly the second comming of the 1990 edmonton oilers. but then again we will never compare steve montadore to a top 5 defencemen. jacobs does have a effect on the team on the ice as owner. peter chiarellie is doing what the other before mentioned g.m,s didn,t want to do be a puppet . the kessel thing should had been handled before the all star break last year.. the bruins weaken themselfs in the division by having toronto and phil kessel dictate demands on a R.F.A.  that,s inexcusable as a major market g.m. 
    Posted by pissttt[/QUOTE]

Re-run, you're forgetting somthing...when a GM wants to sign a player, they cant MAKE them sign.  Kessel didnt want to be here....why would he sign a contract mid-season when he could score big at the end of the year? (which is exactly what hapened)  Think about it dude.  You sounds silly when you say they "should've just signed him"   Doesnt work that way.  It takes two to tango and Kessle wanted to waltz. (which is exactly what he does in his own zone)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stuke50. Show Stuke50's posts

Hey Pissst !!!!   If you believe everything you've witten, why don't you just move along and go find another team to cheer for and make their fan's hate you !

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pissttt. Show pissttt's posts

[QUOTE]Hey Pissst !!!!   If you believe everything you've witten, why don't you just move along and go find another team to cheer for and make their fan's hate you !
    Posted by Stuke50[/QUOTE]..i kinda beleave everything i "WITTEN"... or i would have never "WITTEN" IT...   but tanks for aksin.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

pot calling the kettle black on that one pist

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pezell04x. Show Pezell04x's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : ..i kinda beleave everything i "WITTEN"... or i would have never "WITTEN" IT...   but tanks for aksin.

says the person who put 20011 in the title

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

ohhh snap! pissttt is taking out the big-guns on the Boston.com forums.

Now that we have the millionth wise-ass spell-checking policeman officially registered and regularly posting, maybe the community will finally decide to care what these small-minded opinion spammers actually say.

Unfortunately for pissttt, I'm sure 99% of forum travelers here with more than 100 posts judge you based on the content of your arguments, which for you consists of incoherent walls of text, antagonistic-flamming, and good-old childish nonsense.

We've all seen this act before. You have nothing to provide the Bruins fan community and it is clearly evident by the flood of condescending replies directed towards you that no one is interesting in further embellishing in your weak posts.
    Go back to your hole and continue cutting yourself away from the view of others.

Last season it took until the all-star break for people like you to go away.

Let the countdown begin.

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

In Response to 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!:
    [QUOTE]R.F.A. 2011.... WHEELER, LUCIC, RASK,........... goodbye, tuukka nice knowing you... but it,s just the way the jacobs do buisness. i take a lot of heat on this board but i will tell you this, my spelling bad and i might not be a jacob water carrier, or a peter chiarellie puppet, but i do know this, those 3 draft picks won,t score 30 40 goals next year. and if they had no salary cap room how dare they trade him in the division. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON,T GIVE A DAM ABOUT WHAT THE BRUINS FANS WANT ....... A STANLEY CUP!  not only did the bruins give up scoring they made a team in there division stronger is that good buisness?  the jacobs have done some stupid stuff but this just SPIT,S IN THE FACE OF BRUINS NATION !! the front office could have signed him and traded him to whoever they wanted.... NOW, CAN ANY OFF YOU SO CALLED JACOBS WATER CARRIERS DEFEND THIS ONE????? 

this organiztion has decieved us way too many times. this is the way it is, now they have the cap excuse, when they are clearly mismanaging the club finances.
    what i cannot belieev is how vulnerable some are to media and mgmt, they just believe all what they say.

this team has not won a cup in more then 37 yrs and for all intenets and purposes will not win one for a very long time. I acnnot wait to see what theri motto will be next playoff time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

someone respond to my post about the leafs! :)

I need some attention, am I right or wrong about their goalie situation?

Wink

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : I'll make this short and sweet moron.  Did you not here anything Chiarelli said during his press conference.  He DID NOT have any other options but to send him to Toronto.  Kessel wouldn't do a sign and trade deal and Toronto was threatening to place an offer sheet for the 5+ per that he wanted.  If he would have done a sign and trade to any other team, he would not be in Toronto but why would a team want to give up it's A prospects and draft picks for a guy who you probably won't be able to sign.  Think before you speak idiot 
    Posted by bigvig10[/QUOTE]

ur the idiot, and fail to see that with proper planning PC should have never cornered himself in this position. bright managers do make these elementary mistakes. Don't despair i am sure you will see a lot more.
    remeber i predicted kess will wear a toronto uniform weeks ago. i also said it would be done by today, it was done by friday, now i am telling u that this current roster will go nowhere unless ofcourse RASK comes up and makes miracles.

U believe this we have  a 5m a, yr goalie and everyone is awaiting Rask
    GOOD MOVE PC of MANY GOOD MOVES

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]Extend your PC quote a couple more lines - He can match any offer, REASONABLE OFFER!! REASONABLE - you think 5.4/yr is reasonable for Kessel? REASON!!ABLE!! And as stated - you can't match and trade... Kessel got what he wanted which was a big pay day outside of Boston. Get over it - he will finish in the bottom of the barrel with the Leafs while we make another journey into the playoffs. Kessel could care less about winning anything - he wanted his payday (probably realized he better get it now, with his history he won't be long for the NHL).
    Posted by BradyBruin[/QUOTE]

where toronto finishes is irrelevant , do not lose focus on what is important.
    this is just ur way to justify kess leaving.

the only thing that counts is what Kess will do in toronto and what the bruins will do without him. Who cares where toronto will be,

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : this organiztion has decieved us way too many times. this is the way it is, now they have the cap excuse, when they are clearly mismanaging the club finances. what i cannot belieev is how vulnerable some are to media and mgmt, they just believe all what they say. this team has not won a cup in more then 37 yrs and for all intenets and purposes will not win one for a very long time. I acnnot wait to see what theri motto will be next playoff time.
    Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

the salary cap is not an excuse, it is the most critical and dominating and un-breakable limit to what a GM can do to improve his club. The bruins were willing to spend right up to the cap. They offered Phil kessel over 4 million, but wouldn't go above 5. Thats a good deal IMO. Especially when you consider next offseason's critical URFA.

Marco, no offense man, if you've been a fan a long time you have a right to be skeptical, but its blatantly obvious that paying kessel 27 million for 5 years would have severly hurt this clubs ability to sign Lucic, Savard, Wheeler and Rask next offseason. can you conceed a bit to management here and acknowledge that? Are you willing to conceed anything to management?

Mismanaged the cap? they signed Krejci to a great deal, brought in a vet for cheap money, locked up Bitz for next to nothing, hunwick for next to nothing, and I feel TTs thomas was solid as well (lets not get into that)

You distrust management, but the Bruins have put out a great product since the cap was insitituted, and I'm conviced a Stanley cup is a legit possibility. You'll have to do more to convince me it isn't a possibility other than just making baseless claims about fan vulnerability to the media, and gross generalizations about an apples to oranges comparison of the Bruins in the salary cap era compared to the previous 30+ years without one.

Ending note: Do you know how many players were on the Bruins roster on the date the cap was insituted?

4!

The bruins management had a roster with 4 total players!  if that isn't a blatant organizational change then i don't know what is. Management prepared for that day with a full understanding of what it takes to win in a post-salary cap era. This team started completely over and is doing a damn good job.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : my head hurts....that was, soooo morbidly asinine, utterly retarded. That was so stupid that I no longer dislike you and your putrid spelling, i just feel sorry for you. Having said that I will still argue with you. Your point that Jacobs does not want to win the cup because it would cost more money is just soooooooooooooo dumb. DUDE WERE FROM NEW ENGLAND, THIS IS NOT THE SOUTH, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO HAVE SOME INTELLIGENCE. AN NHL team can spend 56.8 million dollars on their team, there is a SALARY CAP, which Jacobs has spent up to, and because of buyouts has actually exceeded that in terms of the cash he actually spends. the BEST thing that could happen to the bruins financially would be to win the stanley cup. Are you serious with this post? A potential of 16 extra home games at HUGE ticket mark ups is a bad thing? that costs more money? what? Jacob's may be a heartless basterd, but he would love to win because he might double his profit from the season if he had an extra 16 home playoff games. Shero is a good GM?????? REALLY?? you think just because he won a cup he is a good GM? I got news for you, he had like 8 picks in the top 3 in the last 10 years and STILL almost screwed that up. THe penguins championship was dumb luck in that they played teams that were nearly crippled by injuries, it was a true scenario of the healthiest team won, not the best one. That trade for Hossa was one of the dumbest I've ever seen. Stop whining, you are wrong, Jacobs no longer has an effect on the product put on the ice. Kick back, watch a game, grab a beer, and enjoy it for once
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

1)just beacuse he won a cup- whose the stupid one,it is so easy to win a cup just ask the bruins.
    2) they went to finals in 2008 and won cup in 2009 - where is the fluke silly.
    3) let's  see now
    Ryan whitney,
    fleury.
    crosby,
    staal,
    malkin
    orpik- 18 overall
    u call these lousy picks, they formed a cup winner and will be a team to wreckon with for many yrs, unless free agency  comes to town.

also check pittsburg last yr, if my memory is correct they had if not the best record since xmas , they were pretty close. They really turned it on mid (approx) in the season, this dude, is a sign of a championship team, know when to win and how to win,
    if ur a bruin fan i would certainly not mock the pens, ur not in any position to that, mock the bruins one knows  there's plenty of reason

ur right on one thing ,teams do make money by winning stanley, their stock goes up.

stop using "retad" this is a very low label. Would u use this if say one of ur loved ones was retarded, ur the ignorant one and the more i read ur post it seems the more ignorant u get.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

first off, ya i had an uncle that was retarded, i still say it because im politically incorrect and don't give a sh1t.
    2. where did i say they made poor draft picks?
    3. they were a GREAT team in 08, but they were a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse team in 09, they got lucky in that they stayed lucky, and the teams that they played were much the opposite.
    4. are you a bruins fan?
    5. management and ownership are two very different things, ownership has been here a long time, this is new management, and they have built a cup contender (if you don't see that you really are a fool) and stockpiled a plethora of prospects and draft picks. How many teams can contend for the cup and say they have 5 picks in the top 60? not too many
    6. in terms of mismanaging the cap, the buyouts are unfortunate but were a necessary flaw. They currently have two of the top 10 most cap friendly contracts in the NHL in david Krejci and Mark Recchi, and you can lump Marc Savard into that category as well. If you look at the turnover from the beginning of last year to this year what have you lost....Kessel, thats it, he is the only thing of significance. What have you added? a healthy ference and sturm...recchi, rask, morris, and a more experienced krejci, lucic, wheeler, and begeron....complain all you want but you sound kind of stupid
    7. keep your grudge, hope for them to fail as you clearly said you are going to do in a previous post....when an owner like jacobs gets you to no longer love the team you once did, you lose. He may not win but I don't think he really cares.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Can't believe this thread started off on Rask and still ended up on Kessel.

He's almost certainly not worth the money as evidenced by the long line of clubs NOT queing up to match the offer.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fenian1967. Show fenian1967's posts

Thomas is signed to a decent cap contract, not great but decent. If he puts up another two years like last and Rask develops as expected you can move Thomas for a high quality skater and still have a stud goalie.

You have options by 2011 to see what Rask is capable of, and then decide who to keep or move.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : Agreed. As far as toronto is concerned, their big question mark is still goaltender in my opinion. It will be really interesting to see the development of that sweedish kid Gustavsson. I'm usually hesistant with rookies, especially goalies, but he's supposed to be the real deal. If he plays better than Toskala thus improving Toronto in goal, it will make the leafs wayyyy better than anything Phil kessel could provide. What do you think of that statement? From what I understand, the Leafs have two sets of solid defensemen; With an improved goalie situation, it is easy to imagine the Leafs could be a lot more stingy and compensate for their "developing" offense. As far as their forwards are concerned. Aside from kessel and Blake, do the leafs really scare you on offense? in my opinion, NO , but that might be a function of not knowing many of the players names. But I would take a big puck moving center any day over a one-dimensional goal scorer like Kessel, and without their 1st round picks for the next two years, If Kessel doesn't provide the offense they need, they'll have a much harder time adjusting their roster with the commitment they made to Kessel.
    Posted by Olsonic[/QUOTE]

Gust is having heart problems and Tosk is coming off injury season. TO's tending will be a lot better this year due in fact to major upgrade on D and Tosk will be better rested, he was shut down early last year for surgery.

TO is not done dealing and they will fight to make playoffs, so picks will not come back to haunt them, this would really pis*s off Burke.

Their D will move them up the ranks big time and if Holden not unlike Wheeler signing and some more of the younger guys hold on and play like they have in preseason they will definitely give it a shot.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : Gust is having heart problems and Tosk is coming off injury season. TO's tending will be a lot better this year due in fact to major upgrade on D and Tosk will be better rested, he was shut down early last year for surgery. TO is not done dealing and they will fight to make playoffs, so picks will not come back to haunt them, this would really pis*s off Burke. Their D will move them up the ranks big time and if Holden not unlike Wheeler signing and some more of the younger guys hold on and play like they have in preseason they will definitely give it a shot.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT[/QUOTE]

interesting, i didn't know gustavsson was having heart problems. I hope he is o.k. and can keep playing hockey.

Aside from this being a nervous issue for any Bruins fan, (even if you like the move, you are nervous it could backfire) the division should be much more entertaining now with this storyline. Just think how much the AL east has benefited from inter-twined storylines like Johnny Damon, A-Rod, Pedro etc.

It should make for a great season. I'm really excited

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

[QUOTE]Thomas is signed to a decent cap contract, not great but decent. If he puts up another two years like last and Rask develops as expected you can move Thomas for a high quality skater and still have a stud goalie. You have options by 2011 to see what Rask is capable of, and then decide who to keep or move.
    Posted by fenian1967[/QUOTE]

The CAP 5M is high for another team to grab him if we don't want him this year but his SALARY gets better after next year because it is 6M 6M 5M and 3M, so trading him in a couple of years if Rask is the next coming of Terry Sawchuk, will not be unreasonable.  Some teams have the cap room and if you get a player salary cheaper than their cap value, it is not so bad.

Rask is playing preseason like he wants the #1 spot NOW and if TT doesn't watch it he might get it. Well other than JJ does not want to pay both $ this year with Bonuses to Rask.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from marco100. Show marco100's posts

[QUOTE]first off, ya i had an uncle that was retarded, i still say it because im politically incorrect and don't give a sh1t. 2. where did i say they made poor draft picks? 3. they were a GREAT team in 08, but they were a MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH MUCH worse team in 09, they got lucky in that they stayed lucky, and the teams that they played were much the opposite. 4. are you a bruins fan? 5. management and ownership are two very different things, ownership has been here a long time, this is new management, and they have built a cup contender (if you don't see that you really are a fool) and stockpiled a plethora of prospects and draft picks. How many teams can contend for the cup and say they have 5 picks in the top 60? not too many 6. in terms of mismanaging the cap, the buyouts are unfortunate but were a necessary flaw. They currently have two of the top 10 most cap friendly contracts in the NHL in david Krejci and Mark Recchi, and you can lump Marc Savard into that category as well. If you look at the turnover from the beginning of last year to this year what have you lost....Kessel, thats it, he is the only thing of significance. What have you added? a healthy ference and sturm...recchi, rask, morris, and a more experienced krejci, lucic, wheeler, and begeron....complain all you want but you sound kind of stupid 7. keep your grudge, hope for them to fail as you clearly said you are going to do in a previous post....when an owner like jacobs gets you to no longer love the team you once did, you lose. He may not win but I don't think he really cares.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

politically incorrect? no, just an insensitive moron, "maybe a get a heart transplant.

one day if u have children and i doubt that u will, let's see how politically incorrect u r

bruin's fan or not , does not mean one has to be shorthsighted and choose to be blind andhide from  the truth of a team which has not won anything in more then  37 yrs.

enough of that, pitts got to the finals and deserved the cup. zthey never quit
    and their star players came up big. u spitting on them the way u spit on ur uncle is a sign of ignorance. u see it one way and one way only.

saying that i believe the bruins will cup this yr would be lying to myself . I can easily agree with everything bruins do and fail to be objective, The bruins had it and let it get away. only mary poppins fan club would tell u otherwise.

it is not time for draft picks , are we stll rebuilding. CUp COntender? need to at least reach finals for that.

if no changes are made to current roster ie a real sniper is acquired , bruins will not pass first round. u r counting on too many maybe's

maybe wheeler improves
    maybe sturm comes back 100% from his injury- still only an average 25 goal scorer
    maybe bergeron regainds his form.

RASK MAY HAVE TO BE CALLED UPON THE BE THE SAVIOR, cuz that is exactly what they are going to need.

wouldn't tha be funny if Rask is called upon at playoff time next yr and we would have a 5m$ goalie on the bench.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : 1)just beacuse he won a cup- whose the stupid one,it is so easy to win a cup just ask the bruins. 2) they went to finals in 2008 and won cup in 2009 - where is the fluke silly. 3) let's  see now Ryan whitney, fleury. crosby, staal, malkin orpik- 18 overall u call these lousy picks. If ur a bruin fan i would certainly not mock the pens, ur not in any position to that, mock the bruins one knows  there's plenty of reason ur right on one thing ,teams do make money by winning stanley Posted by marco100[/QUOTE]

Ok I'll join in mocking the Penquins they came up with all those great players because they kept finishing LAST. How could they possibly mess up having the #1 pick year after year ? 1st pick in the second round, 1st pick in the 3rd round etc.

And again Ray Shero came in after those picks were already there. That's why he took that job Crosby, Malkin and Fleury were alredy there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

Marco, I'm going to ignore most of your dribble.....
    ANY BET, ANY BET that the Bruins make it out of the first round....name the stakes

your saying i'm not being objective, i've been objective, it scks losing Kessel but such is the nature of the salary cap.

You don't have to make it to the finals to be a cup contender, at least not in the sense that we use the term in the pre season. Right now you are just looking at what team has which players, as of right now everyone is starting from square one. The Bruins dominated the NHL without their leading goal scorer from the year before, they have him back, but lost another peice and added 3 more...they aren't contenders? really?

HOW have hte Bruins back tracked so much this off season...I'm very curious

as I see it they gained a very good goal scorer in sturm
    an overall producer in Recchi
    all the experience of their core youth
    Morris

lost Kessel

I'll take that trade

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

In Response to 20011..... GOODBYE RASK!:
    [QUOTE]R.F.A. 2011.... WHEELER, LUCIC, RASK,........... goodbye, tuukka nice knowing you... but it,s just the way the jacobs do buisness. i take a lot of heat on this board but i will tell you this, my spelling bad and i might not be a jacob water carrier, or a peter chiarellie puppet, but i do know this, those 3 draft picks won,t score 30 40 goals next year. and if they had no salary cap room how dare they trade him in the division. WHY? BECAUSE THEY DON,T GIVE A DAM ABOUT WHAT THE BRUINS FANS WANT ....... A STANLEY CUP!  not only did the bruins give up scoring they made a team in there division stronger is that good buisness?  the jacobs have done some stupid stuff but this just SPIT,S IN THE FACE OF BRUINS NATION !! the front office could have signed him and traded him to whoever they wanted.... NOW, CAN ANY OFF YOU SO CALLED JACOBS WATER CARRIERS DEFEND THIS ONE????? 

Go ahead and sign a goalie who is 18,000 years old, idiot. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from LucicForPresident. Show LucicForPresident's posts

PS. 

This newspaper and all of it's writers are PIECES OF $$HITT

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: 20011..... GOODBYE RASK! : Ok I'll join in mocking the Penquins they came up with all those great players because they kept finishing LAST. How could they possibly mess up having the #1 pick year after year ? 1st pick in the second round, 1st pick in the 3rd round etc. And again Ray Shero came in after those picks were already there. That's why he took that job Crosby, Malkin and Fleury were alredy there.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin[/QUOTE]

Yeah what a trooper Shero.
    I believe the Pens got lucky. Wings had important injuries of their top players (Lidstrom, Datsyuk and Holmstrom played injured). 
    You can say that all champs have luck.

Marco,  you are just so negative that I don't even want read your posts anymore. I'm glad some fans here have the energy to reply.
    Ols,  welcome back !  You explained pretty well how this management did a great job on signing their priorities. Not to mention they also tried for Kessel , he just couldn't refuse 1million less to stay in Boston. I reserve judgement on that as it's personal to each of the players the choices they make.
    With all this being said I'm very comfortable with PC and Neely they will do a good job for years to come . 
    It's will be more like in 2011 WELCOME MR. RASK to your new multi-year deal.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Olsonic. Show Olsonic's posts

[QUOTE]  It's will be more like in 2011 WELCOME MR. RASK to your new multi-year deal.
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

hey legion! :) I agree with you about Rask. I'm pumped to be able to see him on a regular basis now on the big club, and to know in my mind that the organization isn't rushing him up or "giving him too many innings".

Its great to believe that this team could have solid goaltending for the next half-decade.

should be a great season