2008-09 team MVP?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

2008-09 team MVP?

So who as the most valuable player to the Bruins during the entire NHL season and post season?

Top three candidates are :
    Chara, Savard and Thomas.

But you gotta love how Lucic and Krejci picked the team up and carried them a couple times, and how Lucic jumped into the +/- lead for the post season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcoles. Show gcoles's posts

Re: 2008-09 team MVP?

Thomas - Regular season

Post Season - Nobody

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big-Bad-Bruins91. Show Big-Bad-Bruins91's posts

I'd have to agree with gcoles.

Thomas was invaluable to this team during the regular season.

In the playoffs, I'd go with Lucic. He gave his all, even though the B's came up very short.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThePhantomGourmet. Show ThePhantomGourmet's posts

Most Vanishing Player?  In the playoffs that would be Chara and Savard followed closely by everyone else on the roster. In Game 7 overtime, that would be Mr. Butterfingers himself Tim Thomas.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsdiehard. Show bruinsdiehard's posts

I actually think its gonna be Blake Wheeler next year. He will shatter the 20 goal mark, and most likely will make a run at 30+ goals. He had a season of production similar to Kessel in 07-08, and it seems only natural he would follow the curve, as I think he will actually be a better player than Kessel when both careers are in their prime. This guy HAS to be the top priority during FA period for the Bruins, even higher than Lucic (i think i'm gonna get ripped to shreads for that suggestion lol).

As for Most Vanishing Player- Derek Morris :)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

Mark Stuart was their most consistent player last year.  Lucic played well in the playoffs, he might of been the only one without a serious injury though.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Stuart is a beast. He is by far the most underrated player on the Bruins.

Lucic is due for 30 goals this season, and I would not be surprised to see Stuart hit 30 points or more.

In Response to Re: 2008-09 team MVP?:
    [QUOTE]Mark Stuart was their most consistent player last year.  Lucic played well in the playoffs, he might of been the only one without a serious injury though.
    Posted by bluefox70[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

How can the guy who had the best GAA in the post season be considered vanishing? Especially when the Dpair in front of him did nothing to even make the puck carrier turn let alone block the shot.

[QUOTE]Most Vanishing Player?  In the playoffs that would be Chara and Savard followed closely by everyone else on the roster. In Game 7 overtime, that would be Mr. Butterfingers himself Tim Thomas.
    Posted by ThePhantomGourmet[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from rmcgrail2002. Show rmcgrail2002's posts

Easy - Savard with TT a close second.

Tim Thomas stood on his head more in 2007 than he did last year. Savard is the reason Lucic and Kessel had great seasons.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

[QUOTE]Stuart is a beast. He is by far the most underrated player on the Bruins. Lucic is due for 30 goals this season, and I would not be surprised to see Stuart hit 30 points or more. In Response to Re: 2008-09 team MVP? :
    Posted by bandgbleeder[/QUOTE]

Righto.   Mark Stuart is getting better and better and was our best D during the playoffs.  He and Chara anchor the team.  He has said he's working on becoming somewhat more offensive in his play.  But his real value is how he shuts down the best opponents--  the next Scott Stevens!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from hockey-101. Show hockey-101's posts

I really think the Bs are a great TEAM. Many different parts (HOW ABOUT IF WE  PAID ALL THE PARTS THE SAME $$ ???), best record end of reg season.Keeping most everyone next year,staying healthy,they should be right there in the end,thats all we can ask for.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

I say Savard 08/09. 
    2009/10 I think will be Krejci. Even with missing games due to injury.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsCupiN09. Show bruinsCupiN09's posts

08-09 MVP is easily Thomas, for 09-10 MVP im gunna go w/ patrice bergeron. he is gunna pot 30-40 goals w/ around 50 assists. i said this on another thread already but whatever.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cmian77. Show cmian77's posts

MVP of 08-09 is easily Thomas for the regular season. 

This year I am going with Krejci, even given his injury.

I also have high, high hopes for Stuart - amazing and obvious improvement every year. I love his strength - that forearm shiver into your chest right when you think you have him beat has got to feel great.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

That'd be at thing of beauty. Two PPG centers, maybe three if Krejci has a good year too...And that's pretty much seal the deal for Bergeron getting onto the All Star Ballot soon.

I honestly expect this to be a year of young lions for the B's though:
    Lucic, Stuart, Hunwick, Wheeler.

[QUOTE]08-09 MVP is easily Thomas, for 09-10 MVP im gunna go w/ patrice bergeron. he is gunna pot 30-40 goals w/ around 50 assists. i said this on another thread already but whatever.
    Posted by bruinsCupiN09[/QUOTE]

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kanes-Donuts. Show Kanes-Donuts's posts

TIMMY THOMAS

baahwahwahaha

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Milbury26. Show Milbury26's posts

Hunwick.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mcivermd21. Show mcivermd21's posts

hunwick. dark horse

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

Hunwick had about 10 good games, jesus some of you are retarded

Savard fell asleep in the playoffs, as did Thomas

Im gonna say David Krejci

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

I don't think any really compared to Chara, not even Timmy

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beer-League-Goalie. Show Beer-League-Goalie's posts

Sorry Kane but Timmy T is a hard core Dunkins Donuts guy.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from red75. Show red75's posts

With that name, I'd have thought he was a Horton's guy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Chara or Thomas (toss up).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

Timmy. I'd have chosen an offensive, defensive or very physical player, but Thomas just impressed the HECK out of me. And I was one of those people who did NOT believe in him prior to this season. It's nice to be wrong on an issue like that.

Here's a fun clip. Not sure anyone actually noticed this, but notice how Timmy gets in the way to defend Kessel at about 2:05

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0daBVabd2Os

He just sort of casually backs up to defend their top goal scorer, lalala...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsUnite. Show BruinsUnite's posts

BTW, I just wanna say that Stuart played awesome in the playoffs, and, moreover, he's one of those guys I wouldn't want to pis s off. He always looks like he's ready to go off.

He fights well and comes through when you need him, and in general, I think he makes for a great Bruin.