2010-11 Salary Cap $57.7 MILLION

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

2010-11 Salary Cap $57.7 MILLION

Only going up 900k next season per Satellite Hot Stove

Unfortunately that doesn't help much for bonehead Peter Chiarelli, the NHL's worst salary cap manager

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

Re: 2010-11 Salary Cap $57.7 MILLION

In Response to Re: 2010-11 Salary Cap $57.7 MILLION:
    great news, it was expected to go down
    Posted by pbergeron37

Only up 1% (based on NHL revenue) so better than going down I suppose

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MiesterBruinmaker. Show MiesterBruinmaker's posts

Thomas is the only real possibility for a salary dump and even then youd have to take some back.

No one will touch Ryder $4M next season and Wideman $4M (2010-11) $4.5M (2011-12) Insane money given out by Chiarelli.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Before one dumps Thomas, one should look at all the goalies who have had world beater first years and fallen off the edge of the planet the next year. Look at Price and Mason as two recent examples, then look in the Bruins farm system and tell me where we get a decent second goalie.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

The B's will have some trouble $$ trouble in the offseason and will have to make some creative moves to free up $$.  If they can't shed a couple of big contracts (Wideman/Ryder/TT), I wonder if they would bury a guy in the minors???

Will also be interesting to see how much $$ is offered to Wheeler-he hasn't earned anything...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

So everyone that was crying at the beginning of the season saying that the cap would go down were wrong. 
    Chiarelli has a lot of proving to do .  Let's see how me manages from now till draft day and July 1st. 
    I will judge this guy then.

p.s. I wonder if Recchi will return ?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

So everyone that was crying at the beginning of the season saying that the cap would go down were wrong.  Chiarelli has a lot of proving to do .  Let's see how me manages from now till draft day and July 1st.  I will judge this guy then. p.s. I wonder if Recchi will return ?
    Posted by BsLegion

I did not think it would go down but going up is a positive.  I think they should persuade Recchi to stay.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-11 Salary Cap $57.7 MILLION : I did not think it would go down but going up is a positive.  I think they should persuade Recchi to stay.   
    Posted by islamorada

Great word "persuade" .  Recchi is a player that gave his heart to this team all season,  played 100% game in and game out.  Some players on this team didn't and Recchi hasn't been to happy about it (as per last weeks article).
    islamorada,  actually before the season started and Bruins did some signings like Recchi , Morris and Begin there were many here that were screaming for Chiarelli's head because the cap would be doing down .  I disagreed .
    The cap will not go down as long as Buttman is the commish.  He will never admit he's made mistakes i.e. expanding down south .  Along with his Phoenix fiasco and many teams are in trouble (just to name a few, Panthers, Lightning, Predators, Stars ) he'll still come out with a season ending speech stating how everything is great and how the league is doing well financially.  This is why the cap went up and not down ....bla bla bla...
    He's saving face and not telling us the truth.
    Anyways enough on this guy. Bruins have to make the playoffs and Leafs have to lose 2 more games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

The B's will have some trouble $$ trouble in the offseason and will have to make some creative moves to free up $$.  If they can't shed a couple of big contracts (Wideman/Ryder/TT), I wonder if they would bury a guy in the minors??? Will also be interesting to see how much $$ is offered to Wheeler-he hasn't earned anything...
    Posted by stingerjp

As I look at Boston's cap $$ committed to next season the Bruins have roughly just over $41mil committed to cap salary with the recent signing of Ference.. That leaves Chiarelli with a lot of cash ( $16Mil )  still left to play and manage the cap.. and if this team does not make the playoffs then his job will be that much easier as a lot of the RFA's and some current players will not be back and you can bank on that pretty much.. I don't think he is in that deep a hole compared to a team like Chicago who are at that number already for next years cap .. you want to see bodies moving in the off season?