2010-2011 Bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

2010-2011 Bruins

Let's just start this thread now. I really do not what to just focus on what happened. I think we can incorporate in this thread, discussing next year's lineup, the pros and cons of players, the disappointments, the areas we need improvement on, and everything else we are discussing in bits and pieces throughout other threads.

Here's mine:

Lucic -- Savard -- Kariya/Whitney/Stempniak*

Hall/Seguin -- Krejci -- Wheeler (Really a 1A line because I see Krejci hitting 80)

Sturm** -- Bergeron -- Recchi (Checking line with some offense potential)

Asham/Mayers*** -- Sobotka -- Thornton (Toughness and character)

It is crucial to work youngsters into the mix for a few games next year also: Colbourne, Caron, Sauve, Hamill. Also, sign Paille for 800K or less and keep him to the sides until injuries OR if the PK suffers without him. 

Chara -- Boychuk**** 

Wideman -- Stuart *****

Ferrence -- Win this spot******

* 3-4 million for a speedy, veteran with scoring potential. Stempniak is younger, more inconsistent, but has more upside. Could also be cheaper.

** If Sturm makes it back from Injury

*** Character free agent pick up. Asham was great against us and Mayers has a lot of character, even if he isn't that great. There are any number of tough, character guys you could slot in here. Wouldn't mind bringing back Montador either as he can also play D (his primary position).

**** Boychuk has game. 

***** Future captain, need him signed. More character and tougness than any other Bruin.

****** I'm not crazy about Ferrence either, but that last spot could go to A UFA/ McQuaid/ Bodnarchuk/ Alexandrov/ Gormley, Fowler, Gudbranson (If B's can trade up)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Re: 2010-2011 Bruins

I like Thornton, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if they don't re-sign him. I think his game has slipped in the past year. Put Marchand, Sobotka and Paille together for a solid energy/fourth line.

Whitney's too old. I want this team to utilitize its strength - the youngsters - and get younger. I think Caron is probably the closest to making the team out of training camp, but we'll see. Colborne, unless he comes out like gangbusters, will probably be in Providence. Sauve IMHO could surprise some people.

Yeesh, I can't stand Asham. Pass. And Montador stinks. I know a couple of Buffalo fans who said his playoff run was the first time they'd seen him play decently all year. McQuaid is better than Montador.

I'm supposing you don't like Hunwick, but IMHO with a solid stay-at-home partner (like Stuart), he's an asset. The big thing with him is self-confidence; he has the tools.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from logeseats. Show logeseats's posts

That Ference contracts really irks me. It will likely mean we won't resign Seidenberg. It also means that Mark Stuart and Boychuk are going to want more than that. You have to slot these guys based on salary and when the bottom guy that plays 50 games a year is at 2.25m per year you salary structure is in trouble.

Something needs to happen with the forwards. We have too many 3-4m forwards that are not playing that way.

I'd like to keep Thornton around. I think he brings a lot of confidence to the other players. He'll do whatever it takes to back up a teammate. Although, once playoff time rolls around, he should probably take a seat.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtassinarisoccer. Show jtassinarisoccer's posts

Hey dc...let me help you out here.  For the love of G*d...NO ONE CARES.  The fans that were remotely interested in this team they won the first round are done. There wasn't that much interest anyway from those who remember what this organization was back when they were relevant in this area.  All of us who have been preaching to the local Die-Hards to not get too excited about this team were once again correct.  Simply put...after the way this team has performed the last 3 seasons, they will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt going forward.  Even if they win 2000 games in a row, all of us realistic fans will know what will come next.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

you mean soccer trolls not realistic fans. expecting to win the Cup is unrealistic, getting to the 2nd round is not. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

JT soccer, you're a pumpkinhead. The Bruins are more competitive than most teams.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011. Show StanleyCuptotheBruinsin2011's posts

dc-bruins-fan[/QUOTE]

You forgot Seidenbergh ...and I would sign Satan at $1MM but Thonton is useless .....Asham would be much better ...Begin before Thornton...........Paille not sure if I would keep him ......

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Bruins:
    Hey dc...let me help you out here.  For the love of G*d...NO ONE CARES.  The fans that were remotely interested in this team they won the first round are done. There wasn't that much interest anyway from those who remember what this organization was back when they were relevant in this area.  All of us who have been preaching to the local Die-Hards to not get too excited about this team were once again correct.  Simply put...after the way this team has performed the last 3 seasons, they will NEVER get the benefit of the doubt going forward.  Even if they win 2000 games in a row, all of us realistic fans will know what will come next.
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer

"if they win 2000 games in a row, all of us realistic fans will know what will come next"         a chanch to win about their 21st stanley cup in a row

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

Forwards who I think should be gone:
    Begin
    thornton
    recchi
    sturm
    *Im probably the only one on this board who prefers recchi doesnt come back. I like him, but I think he is too slow and too old, I hope he hangs his skates up he has nothing left to prove. Sturm will be on IR for a good part of the year.

This is how I would like the bruins to look next year. This is assuming we get hall and sign a free agent like wojtek wolski

Lucic Savard Wolski
    Hall Krejci Satan
    Wheeler Bergeron Ryder
    Paille Sobotka **

**4th line spot between caron, colborne, sauve, hamill, marchand, lehtonen. This list is also guys to come up in case of injury. Also for that 4th line spot, don't count out the possibility of hunwick

In terms of defense. Im still clueless on the ference signing. I just dont understand with Seidenberg as an UFA and boychuk/stuart as RFA, why would he go and give ference a raise when those 3 defensemen are more important. Therefore, nobody should expect siedenberg back. Our defense should look about the same next year

Chara Boychuk
    stuart wideman
    ference hunwick

Mcquaid

TT will be gone. No way in hell with only 3-4 years left in his career is he gonna waste them being a backup. He wants to start. Expect a return of a prospect and or a 2nd-4th round pick. We would need a solid backup for tuukka to play 25-35 games. That goalie also needs to be one we can rely on in case rask gets hurt for 2 weeks or so. Id look at turco if he can be signed for less than 3 mill. Or possibly biron or niitymaki

Rask
    Turco

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikehawkislong69. Show mikehawkislong69's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Bruins:
    Posted by jtassinarisoccer

If they won 2000 games in a row, that is 98 games(82 regular+16 playoff) per season. Thats enough for 20 consecutive stanley cups. Therefore, I dont understand your argument or the point you are trying to make??

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

If would'nt bother me after winning 21 cups in a row if we then lost 2000 games in a row. 2 decades of greatness during my lifetime would be like watching the Celtics back in the day with the Cooz and Russell.