2010-2011 bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

2010-2011 bruins

lucic savard caron =10 mill
    colborne bergeron recchi = 8 mill
    hall krejci ryder= 9 mill  the cap hit for tavaras last year 3.750 mill ! on entry contract 2.8 mil bonus
    paille sabotka thornton/skinner/watson/etem?? = 4 mill

chara boychuck = 9 mill
    ferrence siedenberg = 6 mill
    huwick wideman = 5.5 mill

rask 1.5 mill
    thomas 5 mill  right up to the cap

b wheeler?? only if the money is right  sign to base with bonus's for   PRODUCTION
    M STUART??

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Re: 2010-2011 bruins

What happened to Seguin?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins:
    What happened to Seguin?
    Posted by Crowls2424
    I JUST THINK SEGUIN AND HALL  are really 1a and1a there is no difference. so i think edmonton will take seguin  and so would I.  that was his 2nd yr in juniors  IF he gets sent back for a 3rd yr like hall what will his #'s be??

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

4 rookies and a 43 year old in your lineup. What a recipe for success. (that was sarcasm)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

Why put Rask on the good player list. He blew it for the Bruins plain and simple. What a pathetic choke artist!!!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Lucic Savard Seguin/Hall
    Wheeler Krecji Ryder
    Soderberg Bergeron Sturm
    ? Sobokta Caron

Chara Seidenberg
    Wideman Hunwick
    Ference Boychuck
    Mcquaid

Rask

Thats how i see our starting lineup

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

In Response to 2010-2011 bruins:
    lucic savard caron colborne bergeron recchi hall krejci ryder paille sabotka thornton/skinner/watson/etem?? chara boychuck ferrence siedenberg huwick wideman rask thomas  b wheeler?? only if the money is right  sign to base with bonus's for   PRODUCTION M STUART??
    Posted by paulbking

Not enough personnel change froma team who failed to show up too often and collapsed at playoff time.

Got to move Wideman, Ferance, Ryder, Paille, Sabotka if they get Seguin, Thornton and hopefully Thomas if there's a GM stupid enough to take him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Here goes Wino again, another anti-Rask rant again.  TT is on the good player list too, so settle down.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Caron on the first line.

Oh my lord.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

Wideman, Ference, and Hunwick on the B's roster ahead of Stuart? Not only are you getting rid of the most physical defensive presence, you're losing someone who only has about two bad games a season. Not smart.

OTOH, at least you've got Krejci reasonably positioned after Bergeron and Savard, which quite a few fail to do. 

In Response to 2010-2011 bruins:
    lucic savard caron colborne bergeron recchi hall krejci ryder paille sabotka thornton/skinner/watson/etem?? chara boychuck ferrence siedenberg huwick wideman rask thomas  b wheeler?? only if the money is right  sign to base with bonus's for   PRODUCTION M STUART??
    Posted by paulbking

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

-Chara, #15, #32 to ANA for rights to Bobby Ryan
    -Take Seguin at #2 and return to junior
    -Re-sign Wheeler...2yrs for 3M
    -Re-sign Stuart...3yrs for 8M
    -Re-sign Recchi...1yr for 1.2M
    -Re-sign Paille...2yrs for 2.5M
    -Sign Seidenberg...3 yrs for 11M
    -Sign Boychuk...2 yrs for 5M
    -Sign Thornton,,,1yr for 700,000

LUCIC        SAVARD          RYAN
    WHEELER    KRECJI            RYDER
    PAILLE        BERGERON       RECCHI
    MARCHAND   SABOTKA        THORNTON

STUART         WIDEMAN
           SEIDENBERG    BOYCHUK
            HUNWICK       FERRENCE

RASK
                      THOMAS

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Anaheim has a very specific need for a bigtime defenseman, but if the B's trade Chara, that leaves you with Stuart and Wideman as the B's top pairing.   That's not going to cut it.  There is also very little chance that Ryan leaves Anaheim.  They have plenty of cap space to re-sign him and have already stated that they were going to do so.

As for the rest of your ideas, I like some of them.

*Re-sign Wheeler...2yrs for 3M

I am all for Wheeler coming back.  If they could get him to take this deal, I'd be thrilled. 

-Re-sign Stuart...3yrs for 8M

This year, he made $1.5.  I'm not sure he's done enough to earn a raise of almost 100%.  I would love to see him return to Boston, but I think 3/$6M might be more reasonable for a stay at home defenseman.

-Re-sign Recchi...1yr for 1.2M

Won't hurt.  Better than having to play Whitfield.

-Re-sign Paille...2yrs for 2.5M

All day if he'll take it.  He is the #1 reason the PK turned around last season.

-Sign Seidenberg...3 yrs for 11M

I don't know what Seidenberg did to earn a raise like that.  He played okay for Boston.  His expiring one year deal was for $2.25.  A raise of almost $1.5M seems a bit too aggresive.  I will be very happy if he returns, but think he'll come much cheaper.  He's already publically stated that he hated the free agent process and wants to get a deal done quickly.

-Sign Boychuk...2 yrs for 5M

WTH?  The guy's previous contract is for $500K.  A two million dollar raise per year for two years for a player with less than one year's experience?  Way too much.  Get him signed, but get him signed for less than $1.5 per year, similar to the Hunwick contract.

-Sign Thornton,,,1yr for 700,000

For what?  He's worthless.  He does nothing positive for the team.  He keeps potentially good players in the minors while he wastes ice time.  He stages fights and turns the puck over.  He's useless.  If the B's want a guy who can fight instead of Lucic or Chara, they need to find a guy like Carcillo (minus the diving) who can actually play hockey at the NHL level.  Shawn Thornton is headed back to the AHL where he belongs I hope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Not-a-shot...They are just guesses, but I think Seidenberg gets that much because Chiarelli gave Morris 3.3M and traded him away for a 4th round pick. He gave up a 2nd rounder for Seidenberg, so I assume he places a higher value on him.
       As for Boychuk, I know it is a huge raise, but I think him being a UFA throws what he made last year, out the window.I still think Burke would like to steal him for the leafs.He is his type of player.
    I don't have a problem with Thornton for 700,000.He delivers some bang for the buck, and doesn't hurt you defensively. His biggest problem is being put in the wrong situations by Julien.
    I know the Ryan deal is a huge longshot. I really am at a loss as to how this team gets much better this year.
    Hall could make an impact if Chiarelle swings a deal, but I am pretty sure Seguin would be better off going back to juniors, especially if they want him to switch to RW.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulbking. Show paulbking's posts

bandgbleeder ?  i have ferrence,hunwick & wideman on there, because they are signed. you think i want ferrence at 6.75 ffin mill? that contract last month is almost grounds for dismisal of chiarelli, after all the other lousy contracts, buyouts and extensions-and dave fffn lewis??we have contracts and players we can't get rid of. ryder,wideman,ferrence,sturm,probably thomas.so if were stuck with them, how do you add players?   that roster i posted spends to the cap, i know caron is not 1st line ready yet? but who is better?? they tried ryder=STIFF
    tried wheeler=BIGGER STIFF. who plays with savard?43 yr old recchi? thornton? steve begin and pleading?you like chiarellis judement?
    dave lewis coach=out
    chris versteeg for b bochenskiiiii
    m fernandez  waste of millions!
    b boyes for WIDEMAN
    MAN I WISH WE HAD VERSTEEG AND BOYES NOW we have i winger ONE that could play for philly or the hawks ONE LUCIC thats it thats sickning
    people always posting no picks in nhl yet, i dont mind that, i hope the hype is correct on colborne,caron,sauve,and the russian d man and some others.
    we had no 2nd rd ln 2009 traded it away for?  yup peter nokafreekinleenin

is it me or does he like late round draft pick d men from other teams?? boychuck,wideman,bartkowski,kampfer,penner,bodnarchuck??? i dont know
    last summer skips siedenberg @2.25 and signs morris @3.3 then trades morris for a 4th rd pick. then has to  give tampas! 2nd rd pick in this draft #37 overall for siedenberg i dont know

SORRY FOR THE RANT I LOVE THE B'S  I WANT A CUP!!
    DON'T WANT TO BUILD FOR EVER!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

gee... soderberg, caron, colborne all cracking the line up.

Why not include Whitfield, Marchand, Riendeau, Hamill, Cross and Alexandrov?

And how could I have forgotten Matt Dalton?

Good God almighty you people are trying to drive me out of my mind.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

gee... soderberg, caron, colborne all cracking the line up. Why not include Whitfield, Marchand, Riendeau, Hamill, Cross and Alexandrov? And how could I have forgotten Matt Dalton? Good God almighty you people are trying to drive me out of my mind.
    Posted by BadHabitude

oh, and I forgot to mention that was sarcasm. 

Sarcasm
    –noun
    harsh or bitter derision or irony.
    a sharply ironical taunt; sneering or cutting remark: a review full of sarcasms.

and "bitter derision" and "irony mean".... oh, never mind.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

Lucic  Savard  Ryder  ( 12m)
    Sauve  Krejci  Hall/Seguin  ( 9m) 
    Wheeler  Bergeron  Recchi ( 8m)
    Paille  Colbourne Caron  ( 3m)     32mill on forwards

Chara, Seidenberg   (10m)
    Wideman  Boychuck  ( 6m)
    Alexandrov, Stuart ( 3m)           19mill on defence

Thomas/ Rask  6.5 mill on goaltending  

57.5 million spent and the cap should be around 58.8 million

I know its not that easy to move players that I have left off, but I wouldn"t mind seeing this as the line up. We have more speed and youth up front. I may be way off on the salaries aswell...not too sure. What do you guys think???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Lucic  Savard  Ryder  ( 12m) Sauve  Krejci  Hall/Seguin  ( 9m)  Wheeler  Bergeron  Recchi ( 8m) Paille  Colbourne Caron  ( 3m)     32mill on forwards   Chara, Seidenberg   (10m) Wideman  Boychuck  ( 6m) Alexandrov, Stuart ( 3m)           19mill on defence Thomas/ Rask  6.5 mill on goaltending   57.5 million spent and the cap should be around 58.8 million I know its not that easy to move players that I have left off, but I wouldn"t mind seeing this as the line up. We have more speed and youth up front. I may be way off on the salaries aswell...not too sure. What do you guys think???
    Posted by lucicfan

Colborne, Sauve and Alexandrov aren't ready for prime time, unless they completely blow everybody's doors off in training camp. That's certainly not something you can bet on, and the Bruins won't - that'd be ridiculously risky. If anyone might have an outside chance, it'd be Caron, but that's just a hunch.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Lucic-Savard-(someone who isn't on the team right now)

Wheeler-Krejci-(someone who isn't on the team right now)

Paille-Bergeron-Recchi

(someone not on the team right now)-Sobotka-(anyone on Earth but Thornton)

Chara-Wideman

Stuart-Seidenberg

Boychuk-Hunwick (or Ference)

Rask/Thomas

Defense is not a problem with this club at all.  There is one really big problem and one big player problem.

1.  Without a goal scoring winger, this team simply cannot compete at the highest level.

2.  If someone doesn't get Rask to stop dropping to his knees at almost all times, his GAA is going to be 9.92 in a very short time.  All this summer, the opposing assistant GMs are going to be watching videos of his play.  They're going to see him on his knees all the time.  They're going to instruct their players to shoot high every time.  The B's will lose by 10 goals every time unless this is corrected.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucicfan. Show lucicfan's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : Colborne, Sauve and Alexandrov aren't ready for prime time, unless they completely blow everybody's doors off in training camp. That's certainly not something you can bet on, and the Bruins won't - that'd be ridiculously risky. If anyone might have an outside chance, it'd be Caron, but that's just a hunch.
    Posted by duinne

duinne, I enjoy reading your post a definetly respect your opinion. Also you are probably right about bringing up Sauve, Colborne and Alexandrov they are still very young and still need to gain experience. Alexandrov logs big minutes in the KHL by any means am I comparing it to the NHL but they do have some great players in that league and alot of veteran men, So I think he could hack it. Colborne has something to prove and has great skills and size I think I could live with him at center instead of Begin (no offense to Begin I like his hard playing game). Sauve is a speedster who can finish and would be an instant weapon for one of our centers (Krejci).

We have the right guys with this line up to help mentor these rookies ala Recchi, Bergy, Savy, Krejci, Chara, Lucic, Stuart etc.

I hear people talking about lets trade Chara??? just ask Ottawa about it they would love to have him back. Its just like the old saying you dont know what you got till its gone.

Cheers!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Lucic-Savard-(someone who isn't on the team right now) Wheeler-Krejci-(someone who isn't on the team right now) Paille-Bergeron-Recchi (someone not on the team right now)-Sobotka-(anyone on Earth but Thornton) Chara-Wideman Stuart-Seidenberg Boychuk-Hunwick (or Ference) Rask/Thomas Defense is not a problem with this club at all.  There is one really big problem and one big player problem. 1.  Without a goal scoring winger, this team simply cannot compete at the highest level. 2.  If someone doesn't get Rask to stop dropping to his knees at almost all times, his GAA is going to be 9.92 in a very short time.  All this summer, the opposing assistant GMs are going to be watching videos of his play.  They're going to see him on his knees all the time.  They're going to instruct their players to shoot high every time.  The B's will lose by 10 goals every time unless this is corrected.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Your goal-scoring winger is either Hall or Seguin.

I'd like to see a fourth line of Sobotka/Marchand/Caron. Sobotka and Marchand had real chemistry together in Providence and are both supreme pests. If Caron can impress in camp, I think this would be a good combo.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : duinne, I enjoy reading your post a definetly respect your opinion. Also you are probably right about bringing up Sauve, Colborne and Alexandrov they are still very young and still need to gain experience. Alexandrov logs big minutes in the KHL by any means am I comparing it to the NHL but they do have some great players in that league and alot of veteran men, So I think he could hack it. Colborne has something to prove and has great skills and size I think I could live with him at center instead of Begin (no offense to Begin I like his hard playing game). Sauve is a speedster who can finish and would be an instant weapon for one of our centers (Krejci). We have the right guys with this line up to help mentor these rookies ala Recchi, Bergy, Savy, Krejci, Chara, Lucic, Stuart etc. I hear people talking about lets trade Chara??? just ask Ottawa about it they would love to have him back. Its just like the old saying you dont know what you got till its gone. Cheers!
    Posted by lucicfan

Unless he plays incredibly well in training camp, it would be a big mistake to put Colborne in the lineup right away. He needs time to grow and develop. The centers should be Savard, Krejci, Bergeron and Sobotka, the latter taking over Begin's spot.

As I've noted in another thread, the KHL does not compare to the NHL. Alexandrov, like Colborne, is going to need time. Better for his own sake to have him join the big club later rather than sooner.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : Unless he plays incredibly well in training camp, it would be a big mistake to put Colborne in the lineup right away. He needs time to grow and develop. The centers should be Savard, Krejci, Bergeron and Sobotka, the latter taking over Begin's spot. As I've noted in another thread, the KHL does not compare to the NHL. Alexandrov, like Colborne, is going to need time. Better for his own sake to have him join the big club later rather than sooner.
    Posted by duinne

You just posted that you'd like to see Caron (who has zero pro experience) on the fourth line, and now are saying that it would be a mistake to put Colborne (who has basically zero pro experience) on the team.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : You just posted that you'd like to see Caron (who has zero pro experience) on the fourth line, and now are saying that it would be a mistake to put Colborne (who has basically zero pro experience) on the team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You left out duinne's next line though not a shot . i'm not agreeing with what duinne is saying about caron or colbourne because I haven't seen these players enough but the fact of the matter is some players are ready to step in and others are not . he feels caron is ready , not colbourne.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : You left out duinne's next line though not a shot . i'm not agreeing with what duinne is saying about caron or colbourne because I haven't seen these players enough but the fact of the matter is some players are ready to step in and others are not . he feels caron is ready , not colbourne.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

I think that's interesting, but no one here is in any position to make a statement like that.  There is absolutely no basis to state that one kid who has zero professional experience is ready to step into the NHL while another kid who has basically zero professional experience is not.

It's 100% guesswork, based on nothing.

Sections
Shortcuts