2010-2011 bruins

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Re: 2010-2011 bruins

Lucic - Savard - Seguin
    Clarkson - Krejci - Suave
    Sobotka - Bergeron - Recchi
    Marchand - Colborne - Caron

Seidenberg - Boychuk
    Stuart - Alexandrov
    Kampfer - Ference

Rask
    Thomas

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins:
    In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : You just posted that you'd like to see Caron (who has zero pro experience) on the fourth line, and now are saying that it would be a mistake to put Colborne (who has basically zero pro experience) on the team.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I'm going by what I've seen of them, both on TV (watched Colborne play at Denver, and Caron in the WJC) and in person (saw them both at rookie camp). Also reports from Juniors, and from Colborne's stint in Providence.

Caron is built like Lucic - big posterier, huge legs. He likes to go to the net, bang bodies, clean up the garbage (though he also has a nice shot). Colborne, despite his height, is not as physically imposing. His game is built more on finesse. I'd really like to see him pack on 10 or 20 pounds. 

It's not experience that would be the factor - if you recall, neither Lucic or Wheeler had pro experience, but made the Bruins as rookies out of training camp. Caron's physique and his game simply appear to my eyes to be closer to the NHL level than Colborne's.

But, as I said, it's certainly not a sure thing, either way.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : I think that's interesting, but no one here is in any position to make a statement like that.  There is absolutely no basis to state that one kid who has zero professional experience is ready to step into the NHL while another kid who has basically zero professional experience is not. It's 100% guesswork, based on nothing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

It could be based on a players play in college or junior if they have seen him. So based on your reasoning of having no professional experience , Taylor Hall and another draft eligible player Austin Watson( zero professional experience ) both  fit your criteria. If I said Hall would be in the NHL next year ( wow, chowda you're going out on a limb )and Watson wouldn't because he needs more seasoning you would tell me 100% guesswork, based on nothing . Maybe you could clarify this post a little better because I am not sure what you are trying to say.

P.S. It would be based on what I saw and my opinion.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : I'm going by what I've seen of them, both on TV (watched Colborne play at Denver, and Caron in the WJC) and in person (saw them both at rookie camp). Also reports from Juniors, and from Colborne's stint in Providence. Caron is built like Lucic - big posterier, huge legs. He likes to go to the net, bang bodies, clean up the garbage (though he also has a nice shot). Colborne, despite his height, is not as physically imposing. His game is built more on finesse. I'd really like to see him pack on 10 or 20 pounds.  It's not experience that would be the factor - if you recall, neither Lucic or Wheeler had pro experience, but made the Bruins as rookies out of training camp. Caron's physique and his game simply appear to my eyes to be closer to the NHL level than Colborne's. But, as I said, it's certainly not a sure thing, either way.  
    Posted by duinne

So, based on last year's rookie camp, Caron's six games at the WJC, Colborne's six games in the AHL, whatever college games you might have caught on TV and stuff that you've read, you feel confident that you have enough research to say that you think Caron should be a fourth line player in Boston, but that Colborne should be in Providence.

Is that correct?

It's amazing how people form opinions based on next to nothing here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : So, based on last year's rookie camp, Caron's six games at the WJC, Colborne's six games in the AHL, whatever college games you might have caught on TV and stuff that you've read, you feel confident that you have enough research to say that you think Caron should be a fourth line player in Boston, but that Colborne should be in Providence. Is that correct? It's amazing how people form opinions based on next to nothing here.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

No, I said this:

"I'd like to see a fourth line of Sobotka/Marchand/Caron. Sobotka and Marchand had real chemistry together in Providence and are both supreme pests. If Caron can impress in camp, I think this would be a good combo."

Also, above, I discussed their different styles of play/body types, and why Caron would appear to have the upper hand. 

It's amazing how people have difficulty with simple reading comprehension.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

not a shot , I think you started something with duinne that you can't finish . He did say that and you twisted it .

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

not a shot , I think you started something with duinne that you can't finish . He did say that and you twisted it .
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

""I'd like to see a fourth line of Sobotka/Marchand/Caron."

The statement after it that says something about 'impress in camp, good combo' seemed separate to me.

Everyone thinks they are experts on rookies after watching a few clips or reading a few stories or seeing a game or two.  No one is.  It can be fun to hope this kid or that kid makes the big club, but it is nonsense to say that Kid A could play on the fourth line but Kid B should be sent to the AHL.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Posted by Chowdahkid-

Just fyi, I'm a she, not a he. :-)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

I think we should try and get a proven winger not go with to many rookies,someone like sharp or Gagne. this would be the kind of lineup i would like to see.   Lucic-savard-sharp/gagne   Wheeler-Krejci-ryder   Recchi-seguin-bergeron   paille-sobatka-sturm    
    Posted by jenken14

This one makes sense. Wheeler-Krejci-Ryder have always had chemistry. Just the injuries forced to many line changes to balance out and keep the chemistry. Lucic bangs the bodies to create space for Savvy to pass to a sniper on the wing. And Bergy and Recchi also had great chemistry all year. However, I would much rather see Seguin on wing and bergy up the middle because of his defensive abilities and his face-off ability. Paille is a decent winger the brings a lot of energy, but I can't see the Bruins getting by without a clear cut tough guy like Thornton. I don't think Sturm would like 4th line duty so I would try and deal him when he's healthy to dump salary and until then have Paille-Sobotka-Thornton. Sounds like a good line-up to me. I'm no expert, nor do I claim to be. Just stating my opinion and what I think from what I've seen from a lot of these players over the last few seasons. Please feel free to comment and argue, agree, or just state your opinion in regards to mine. Cool

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

There is no way Sturm plays on the fourth line with Ryder on the second.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : Just fyi, I'm a she, not a he. :-)
    Posted by duinne

sorry duinne thanks for the heads up. hard to see what you look like through this monitor.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

There is no way Sturm plays on the fourth line with Ryder on the second.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I agree completely. I think lines 2 and 3 could be interchangeable as far as ice time goes. And Sturm is out until November, I think. So Shawn Thornton can keep his fourth line role. I think Sturm for a second round pick is worth it. He isn't going to do much good with consecutive knee surgeries, one on each knee.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Ryder had good chemistry with Krejci and Wheeler two seasons ago and with the savard and bergeron lines stronger i think that line will light it up again because they will be playing against weaker lines again. With sturm on the forth line it will make that line very good defensively with offence and good speed you cant think off it as the forth line just a very deep lineup. Every line will be able to play 12 min+ and you know that Julian likes to roll all 4 lines.  Good teams these days don't have a player on the team just to fight anymore they need to be able to playt hockey . Look at all the top teams Pit, Was, Det, Chi, the list goes on none of these teams have a guy just fighting.
    Posted by jenken14

I 100% agree that the goons are done in the NHL.  There is no way Sturm lands on the fourth line.  With your theory of 12+ minutes for each line, that keeps Krejci and Savard off the ice for too long.  It just doesn't work.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

1.  Without a goal scoring winger, this team simply cannot compete at the highest level. 2.  If someone doesn't get Rask to stop dropping to his knees at almost all times, his GAA is going to be 9.92 in a very short time.  All this summer, the opposing assistant GMs are going to be watching videos of his play.  They're going to see him on his knees all the time.  They're going to instruct their players to shoot high every time.  The B's will lose by 10 goals every time unless this is corrected. Posted by Not-A-Shot

1. Really the 30th scoring team in the league needs scoring help ? My gosh some of the revelations on this board are amazing WoW! Please thrill us with some more expertise.

2. Why didn't didn't coaches figure it out this past season genius!? Because they couldn't coach which i pray your not.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 bruins : 1. Really the 30th scoring team in the league needs scoring help ? My gosh some of the revelations on this board are amazing WoW! Please thrill us with some more expertise. 2. Why didn't didn't coaches figure it out this past season genius!? Because they couldn't coach which i pray your not.
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

If it's so obvious that the team needs scoring help more than anything, why are so many posts talking about trading up to take a defeseman?

I am happy that you read all of my posts.  Please continue!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Bruins scored 206, Calgary only 204. So we're 29th in offense....

And Paille is the fasted skater on the team so must come back for the PK.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I just learned from reading this thread that a prophet here has declared the revelation :

"Goons are done in the NHL."

WOW !

Someone must have forget to tell the Blackhawks...

Because Ben Eager is just as much a goon as Shawn Thornton is... 

My problem with Thornton is that he just ain't scary enough...

I want a guy like Big Georges Laraque on the fourth line... 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just learned from reading this thread that a prophet here has declared the revelation : "Goons are done in the NHL." WOW ! Someone must have forget to tell the Blackhawks... Because Ben Eager is just as much a goon as Shawn Thornton is...  My problem with Thornton is that he just ain't scary enough... I want a guy like Big Georges Laraque on the fourth line... 
    Posted by RMiller87

Thank you for reading!

I think Laraque might have some free time as he doesn't have an NHL job.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

I just learned from reading this thread that a prophet here has declared the revelation : "Goons are done in the NHL." WOW ! Someone must have forget to tell the Blackhawks... Because Ben Eager is just as much a goon as Shawn Thornton is...  My problem with Thornton is that he just ain't scary enough... I want a guy like Big Georges Laraque on the fourth line... 
    Posted by RMiller87

Last season Thornton had 21 fights, Eager had eight.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Are you guys even watching the Stanley Cup Finalists...

I don't care what you call some of these guys...

Carcillo, Eager, Burrish are there for one reason mainly...

And it ain't for their skatin' abilities...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

The Eastern Conference Stanley Cup Finalists also led the Eastern Conference in fights with 77 (one shy of the NHL leading, Anaheim Ducks, who had 78.)

But fighting is passe in the NHL because the Black and Gold Prophet has spoken... 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Well, if Laraque doesn't have a job...

I guess that you wouldn't mind if we gave him a try out next season... 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

update

Lucic Savard Etem
    Seguin Krecji Ryder
    ? Bergeron Sturm
    Caron Sobokta Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
    Wideman Hunwick
    Ference Boychuck
    Mcquaid

Rask

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

update Lucic Savard Etem Seguin Krecji Ryder ? Bergeron Sturm Caron Sobokta Thornton Chara Seidenberg Wideman Hunwick Ference Boychuck Mcquaid Rask
    Posted by yaz16

There is no chance the B's start with three rookies up front, so you might as well start thinking of a new plan.

Sections
Shortcuts