2010-2011 Lines

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

2010-2011 Lines

I haven't seen most of our prospects play, so I don't have any knowledge of who might make the team next year. But for those of you that attended development camp, could you give a prediction of what the lines might be based on the prospects you saw?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K435. Show K435's posts

Re: 2010-2011 Lines

lucuc   savy   horton
    strum   berg    reechi
    wheel  krejci   seguin
    cambell  palle  thornton

send Ryder in Prov. and after sturm comes back.

Chara   Boychuk
    Stu      Seinberg
    hunwick   fernece

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

SEGUIN, IMO, will be the only pospect to start the season in the NHL.
    There are no other openings on the Boston roster, with the possible exception of LW.
    With STURM's injury, and the bruins, perhaps not re-signing WHEELER, there could be an opening, but there are not any LW prospects NHL ready.
    They could maybe shift JOE COLBORNE from center, and bring him in.
    However, I expect WHEELER to be re-signed shortly, to a 1 yr deal, for about 2M.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Don't even go there. Fluto says Savard is gone because CHIA has found a dynamic center in Seguin. If we agree then the lines could be Wheeler/Kreji/Horton; Lucic/Seguin/[ like to put in McKnight but he needs some beef] ; Caron/Bergie/Recchi; Paille /Campbell/Thornton. Might keep Ryder and put him on Seguin's right side and embarass him to keep up. Caron's time with Bergie can prepare for added duties when Sturm returns. Savvy's trade might allow for adding a scoring wing if Ryder continues to fail. Colborne needs AHL experience, but, he's big enough and appears to be smart enough to progress quickly.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Lines:
    lucuc   savy   horton strum   berg    reechi wheel  krejci   seguin cambell  palle  thornton send Ryder in Prov. and after sturm comes back. Chara   Boychuk Stu      Seinberg hunwick   fernece
    Posted by K435

lucuc? strum? reechi? palle? Seinberg? fernece?

I understand typos, but your spelling is horrible

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Don't even go there. Fluto says Savard is gone because CHIA has found a dynamic center in Seguin. If we agree then the lines could be Wheeler/Kreji/Horton; Lucic/Seguin/[ like to put in McKnight but he needs some beef] ; Caron/Bergie/Recchi; Paille /Campbell/Thornton. Might keep Ryder and put him on Seguin's right side and embarass him to keep up. Caron's time with Bergie can prepare for added duties when Sturm returns. Savvy's trade might allow for adding a scoring wing if Ryder continues to fail. Colborne needs AHL experience, but, he's big enough and appears to be smart enough to progress quickly.
    Posted by Bogie6

Don't pay any attention to what Fluto says.
    Savard is just his latest crusade to get out of town.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 13o5ToN. Show 13o5ToN's posts

Lucic Savard Horton
    Recchi Bergeron Seguin
    Wheeler Krejci Ryder
    Paille Campbell Thornton
    Chara Boychuk
    Seidenberg Stuart
    Ference Hunwick

If Sturm comes back healthy trade Ryder and fill in Sturm on Krejci/Wheeler line. If Wheeler doesnt re-sign I think we can still grab Satan for cheap cash (1 or 1.5mil) and put him on Krejci/Ryder line. First call ups during injuries will be Colburn, Reich, Knight, McQuaid or Alexandrov depending on who is injury is.

Just my opinion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bandgbleeder. Show bandgbleeder's posts

At a guess:

Lucic Savard Horton
    Sturm - Bergeron - Seguin
    Wheeler - Krejci - Ryder/Recchi
    Paille Campbell Thornton
    Suave, Marshand as the extra forward.

Chara Seidenberg
    Stuart Boychuck
    Ference Hunwick
    McQuaid, Penner, Alexandrov will duke it out for the #7 spot, unless someone is traded.

In Response to 2010-2011 Lines:
    I haven't seen most of our prospects play, so I don't have any knowledge of who might make the team next year. But for those of you that attended development camp, could you give a prediction of what the lines might be based on the prospects you saw?
    Posted by BlackandGold24

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

In Response to Re: 2010-2011 Lines : lucuc? strum? reechi? palle? Seinberg? fernece? I understand typos, but your spelling is horrible
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

Lucic Savard Horton
    Seguin Krejci Ryder
    Wheeler Bergeron Recchi
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Seidenberg
    Ference Boychuk
    Hunwick Stuart

PP1
    Wheeler Savard Horton
    Chara Bergeron

PP2
    Lucic Krejci Recchi
    Seguin Seidenberg

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

I like the looks of bim09 starting line up except:

(1) PP1 Chara and Boychuk
    (2) PP1 Bergeron and Siedenberg and rechhi/seguin can alternate
    (3) PK1 Paille Bergeron Wheels Chara Ference
    (4) PK2 Seguin Campbell Rechhi Stuart Siedenberg

I will be concerned how Ryder( it would be nice if we trade ryder and  give a young player some NHL time) and Hunwick( i still have 50% faith with him) are going to rebound this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

Since I think that Ryder will be in the minors (unless Savard is dealt), I think it will be:

Lucic-Savvy-Horton
    Wheeler-Krejci-Seguin
    Recchi-Begeron-Caron

Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Do I think that Caron is ready to be on the 3rd line?  No.  Do I think that the cap issues will force the Bruins to put him there?  Yes.  Unless of course, they move Thomas or Savard and free up the salary to allow Ryder to stay up at $4 mil/year.  Then, Ryder takes Caron's spot on the 3rd line.  I'd prefer to give Colborne and Sauve some seasoning in Providence and Marchand is a 4th line depth fill-in.  Sturm pushes the biggest slacker out in December.  The defense...obvious...redundant...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

how anyone can think that seguin wont be on recchi's line is just beyond me
    Posted by pbergeron37

Its because Bergeron and Recchi are going to be together and some want to see Seguin with a scorer.

Krejci, in my opinion, has a better scoring touch than Bergeron and Recchi, so alot of people like the concept of Seguin and Krejci on the same line.  2 playmakers and 2 scorers (since they can do both) to give d's headaches. 

Krejci to seguin, to krejci, to seguin, to krejci , to seguin (as defenses chase and chase and chase)

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Drewski5. Show Drewski5's posts

I understand that, but the most important thing to me from this season is that he learns how to play in his own zone (bergeron would be a pretty good guy to learn from, and he also has shown the best scoring touch among the centers, but its pretty obvious that the concussion set him back, maybe with a seguin, he finds that 30+ goal touch again) and that he learns how to deal with the lifestyle of being a professional hockey player in a hockey market. Seguin seems very mature to me, but I think mentally, Recchi would be such a tremendous help to him in that area. I don't necessarily want to maximize Seguin's point totals, I hope that he just maximizes what he takes out of the year in terms of development and routine.
    Posted by pbergeron37

I think both sides have good points.  We're probably going to get the best of both worlds anyways (for better or for worse).  With injuries, lineup juggling.... I can almost guarantee that if Seguin plays 82 games at the nhl level, it will not all be with the same center.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

pb37 - That's probably the right attitude to take, but it's not necessary for Recchi to be on the same line as Seguin to mentor him on life as a pro.  If you want him to be in Seguin's ear on the bench, well, maybe - they can talk about situations immediately after shifts that way.  You do have to balance development with what he brings to the team, though; if that's not at least part of the equation, he should be in Plymouth.  And as much as you - or the coach, or the GM, or the President - may not be concerned with big numbers, you know Seguin is. What's better for his development?  The confidence of putting up respectable numbers as an 18 year old and knowing you be an impact player at this level, or playing on the shut-down line and learning to play a two-way game?  Granted, Bergeron and Recchi aren't Paille and Campbell, so he'll get points on their wing, but you can just as easily say that he'll learn the two way game because the system will force him to learn.

Personally, I can picture real chemistry between Krejci and Seguin.  And I think I'd keep him away from a shut-down role as a rookie, just as you'd be keeping him away from the pivot.  Next year, if Savard, Krejci, and Bergeron are still in black and gold, then I put him at C with Bergeron on one wing and a veteran on the other.  Bergeron would take key face-offs and provide some defensive conscience so that Seguin could learn that role with a safety net.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

...oh, and the idea of Bergeron's goal total increasing if he has a creative passer like Seguin on his left?  I hadn't really thought of that, but it could happen.  Interesting....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I like the looks of bim09 starting line up except: (1) PP1 Chara and Boychuk (2) PP1 Bergeron and Siedenberg and rechhi/seguin can alternate (3) PK1 Paille Bergeron Wheels Chara Ference (4) PK2 Seguin Campbell Rechhi Stuart Siedenberg I will be concerned how Ryder( it would be nice if we trade ryder and  give a young player some NHL time) and Hunwick( i still have 50% faith with him) are going to rebound this season .
    Posted by Canbostondoit

LOL-I really like our PK lines hopefully the opposition and refs don't notice too many men, unless of course you have pulled the goalie.LLLLLLLLLLOLLLLL

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

Lucic - Savard - Horton
    Wheeler - Krejci - Caron
    Recchi - Bergeron - Seguin
    Paille - Campbell - Thornton
    Marchand, Suave

Chara - Seidenberg
    Stuart - Boychuk
    Hunwick - Ference
    McQuaid

Rask
    Thomas(?)

I don't think Caron belongs there, but I think after we can bury Ryder somehow he'll end up on 2nd line until Sturm comes back, then he either moves to a different line or pres box duty.  Marchand gives us flexibility as he can play 3rd and 4th line, and 2nd line if we're lucky.  Suave gives us just a little bit of extra scoring depth, provided he can impress in the preseason.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

You won't see Marchand, Sauve, or Caron in the press box this year.  There's no good reason to keep them there.  If they're in the press box, they count against the salary cap because they are roster players whether they dress or not.  Given that CJ likes to carry a spare-part on the blueline, look for McQuaid to play the role Boychuk played last year. All three of the forwards can go to Providence and back without clearing waivers.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

OK, why not - here's a best guess as of July 12th, with one or two guesses as to things that I anticipate:

Wheeler-Savard-Horton
    Lucic-Krejci-Seguin
    Marchand-Bergeron-Recchi
    Paille-Campbell-Thornton

Chara-Seidenberg
    Stuart-Boychuk
    Ference-McQuaid

Rask
    Thomas

With Horton on the right, Julien looks for more speed out of Wheeler on the left.  Krejci and Lucic look for the chemistry of the playoffs, and find Seguin an even better fit than Satan was.

Savard's unwillingness to go anywhere but Ontario and Tim Thomas's injury push Chiarelli to plan B. Wheeler signs for roughly $2M; McQuaid takes $700K; Ryder is waived and claimed by the Islanders.  Hunwick is dealt for an NCAA defenseman.  Seguin is signed (obviously).  Campbell comes in at under $1M.  Bruins add $4.6M in salary to the current numbers on CapGeek, subtract $5.45M, leaving a little over $2.5M in buffer against the cap.  They'll also save some money with Sturm on LTIR.  They'll probably use up to $875K (Penner's salary) to carry a spare defenseman - maybe not Penner but whoever looks close, so Penner, Bodnarchuk, Bartkowski.  I think they really like the result of carrying Boychuk with the team for the entire year and letting him complete his development.  Sturm's return will mean a reassessment of Marchand.  If the team is playing well, and Marchand is producing in some measure - responsible and looks like he can score between 13-18 - Sturm will have "the talk" with Chiarelli.  That is: waive your NTC or I'll have to send you down.  I'll find you a good home.  Alternatively, they may carry both guys as Marco is included in CapGeek's numbers.  Then it's one F and one D in the box.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TruBruFan. Show TruBruFan's posts

I like the looks of bim09 starting line up except: (1) PP1 Chara and Boychuk (2) PP1 Bergeron and Siedenberg and rechhi/seguin can alternate (3) PK1 Paille Bergeron Wheels Chara Ference (4) PK2 Seguin Campbell Rechhi Stuart Siedenberg I will be concerned how Ryder( it would be nice if we trade ryder and  give a young player some NHL time) and Hunwick( i still have 50% faith with him) are going to rebound this season .
    Posted by Canbostondoit

you do realize that there are only 4 guys on the pk right?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting concept. My one problem in having Seguin and Recchi on the same line is Seguin's speed. Rex is a solid pro, but, during the season he has some problems with constant speed. I actually think that pre-season will be a shakedown for all but the Paille/Campbell/Thornton line. Recchi fits on Bergie's right wing, so I'd look for Caron or Marchand , or even Ryder to fill out that line until and if Sturm returns. I include Ryder because the other six forwards should be Lucic/Wheeler/Kreji/Savard/Seguin/Horton. Pre-season chemistry should show who goes where. Even with 6 D under contract, the mix is not smooth since Chara/Hunwick/Ference/Stuart are all used to the left side, with only Seidenberg and Boychuck comfortable on the right side. Where mighr AAron Ward be?? plus McQuaid is also a right side D. I do not think the dust has settled

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

Opening night: 

Wheeler -- Krejci -- Horton

Lucic -- Bergeron -- Caron/Ryder

Return for Savard* -- Seguin -- Recchi 

Paille -- Campbell -- Thornton

Marchand 

* Savard will be moved for two grinder type players and a mid round pick.

Chara -- Seidenberg

Stuart -- Boychuk

Ference -- Return for Savard*

Hunwick

*See above

Rask
    Thomas*

* Timmy will rebound. Ultra-competitive guy always plays well when people doubt him.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Lucic Savard Horton
    Seguin Krejci Ryder
    Wheeler Bergeron Recchi
    Paille Campbell Thornton

Chara Boychuk
    Mara* Seidenberg
    McQuaid Stuart

*If Ryder gets picked up on re-entry waivers then Ference stays and McQuaid is moved back to 7th Dman no Paul Mara signed on the cheap. Demitra or Caron play with Seguin and Krejci if someone takes a chance on Michael.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from gassi37. Show gassi37's posts

campbell hasnt even been signed. wheeler has gone for arbitration.

honestly...its too bad Satan isnt coming back and is going back to the homeland.

if both sign, i see it like this (after sturm is back)

Seguin   Savvy  Horton
    Recchi   Bergy  Sturm
    Wheeler  Krejci   Ryder
    Lucic     Campbell   Pialle

Thornton/Marchand (extras)

If wheeler nor campbell sign. then i see this

Lucic    Savvy    Ryder
    Recchi  Bergy     Horton
    Sturm   Krejci    Pialle
    Thornton  Seguin  Marchand

In order for Seguin to grow, he needs to play with a bender like thornton, and another upcoming prospect. he needs to carry a line and build confience. Or...be carried by savard. either one.