2010 Draft- Daily Tracker

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

2010 Draft- Daily Tracker

Here is hoping PC doesn't do anything foolish and trade away these assets that he has accumulated for some aging veteran or a rental.  Over the next two drafts, the B's can re-load with young talent, providing they do a great job with their scouting and evaluations.

As of 2/2 game results, here is a synopsis of the B's 1st - 2nd Round Picks:
    1st Round
    #3 Overall (from Toronto via Kessel trade)
    #6 Overall (own pick)
    2nd Round
    #33 Overall (from Toronto via Kessel trade)
    #36 (own pick)
    #40 (from Tampa Bay via Lashoff/Karsums for Recchi trade)

2011 Preview
    - Bruins own Toronto's 1st Round Pick (Kessel trade)
    - Bruins own Minnesota's 2nd Round Pick (Kobasew trade)

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

Re: 2010 Draft- Daily Tracker

Thank you Crowls, some people don't understand why we should keep the picks we have. Nobody has 5 top 40 picks, and certainly doesn't have 2 top 6 picks (which have the potential to be #1&3, at the worst 4&7, should the season end today of course. And unless we trade for Kovalchuk I don't see these picks getting anywhere closer to the 10's. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

The way the Leafs played last night the value of there pick could go down, and the way the Bruins are playing they could move up. As it stands this team(players) has mailed it in for the season. Poor scoring attempts when they become available, loosing battles for the puck. If PC can move Lucic,Wideman,TT,Ryder,Sturm...Please!

I have not seen anything to suggest that this team can compete in the playoffs or even make the playoffs! Even if they get Kovy and another player, still won't help...they are that far away.

Another year of disappointment. That's ok, I have years of experience.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

If you've seen the Leafs play recently the only team they can beat are the Devils, they lose to every other team they face. I think it's more likely that they've got some advantage over Jersey. Let's hope I'm right, I'd hate to see Toronto's pick get into an 8 or 9 spot.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

If we catch some breaks (and by that i mean we fall further) then we could possibly end the weekend in line for the 2nd and 4th overall picks. If New Jersey can stop Toronto for once and if Carolina can win a game Toronto will gain a spot. Of course, we'd have to lose but that's not looking like an idea out of the realm of impossibility. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

joeschmo25:
    You mention that the Leafs can only beat the Devils, they lose to ever other team they face.

Well at least we can beat somebody........LOL

The ironic thing about the game last night against Jersey is the Leafs won playing 'Bruin hockey'.  Tough hitting, good goaltending and timely scoring.

However it's only 1 game so even though we're allowed to get excited, we are still a long ways to being a good team. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

lol yea i'll give you guys credit on that. I'm hoping it doesn't extend further than the Devils though, it'll make losing this season a lot better. I like Burke and for a division rival I don't mind the Maple Leafs compared to the Canadiens or Sabres, but until we don't have Toronto's picks I'm hoping for a loss every night they're on the ice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from joeschmo25. Show joeschmo25's posts

I'd love it if Kovalchuk would take a discount here, but I doubt he would. He supposedly loves Atlanta and isn't taking a discount to stay with them. I think it's about the contract, like moving away from the Thrashers the big contract assures security, something Russian players always target.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from sgmlrm3706. Show sgmlrm3706's posts

leafs do have one of the best sports uniforms

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

The Laffs beat a backup goalie last night. Someone mentioned to me that the Maple Lufas might see allot of that in games to come. My reply was not against teams trying to make into the playoffs. I will give Burke credit he shook things up!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As of 2/4 game results, here is a synopsis of the B's 1st - 2nd Round Picks:
    1st Round
    #3 Overall (from Toronto via Kessel trade)
    #6 Overall (own pick)
    2nd Round
    #33 Overall (from Toronto via Kessel trade)
    #36 (own pick)
    #41 (from Tampa Bay via Lashoff/Karsums for Recchi trade)

2011 Preview

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As of 2/5 game results, here is a synopsis of the B's 1st - 2nd Round Picks:
    1st Round
    #2 Overall (from Toronto via Kessel trade)
    #7 Overall (own pick)
    2nd Round
    #32 Overall (from Toronto via Kessel trade)
    #37 (own pick)
    #41 (from Tampa Bay via Lashoff/Karsums for Recchi trade)

2011 Preview

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from shaunk. Show shaunk's posts

There you go Crowls, let's hope we can keep the standings as they are!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I'm probably wishing on a star but the Oilers have crept to within 5 points of the Leafs with 2 games in hand.  Of course, to really have an impact, they'd have to win those games and hope the Leafs lose but there's no indication of either happening.  Would be nice, though.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As of 2/6 game results, here is a synopsis of the B's 1st - 2nd Round Picks:
    1st Round
    #7 Overall (own pick)
    2nd Round
    #37 (own pick)
    #43 (from Tampa Bay via Lashoff/Karsums for Recchi trade)

2011 Preview

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

I keep wishing for the Oil to get hot, but just not gonna happen!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rabbrandy. Show rabbrandy's posts

the bruins own pick will be higher than the toronto pick. toronto has made some moves, are playing well and will finish ahead of the bruins.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

lets say for giggles the b,s end up with the 5th & 6th pick.....do you trade that 6th pick & a high 2nd to get up in the top 3?....so you would have the say 3rd pick,5th pick but you lose the 34th pick per say.....do you throw in say a bitz,sobotka to make sure of the swap?   hmmmmm,things that make you wonder

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Yep Stinger, Oilers will have there pick of either Seguin or Hall that will not be in question. There about to unload there whole team for picks n prospects as well.

If the Bruins keep blowing 2 goal leads TO just might catch the Bs!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

What a difference a win makes...

As of 2/7 game results, here is a synopsis of the B's 1st - 2nd Round Picks:
    1st Round
    #10 Overall (own pick)
    2nd Round
    #40 (own pick)
    #43 (from Tampa Bay via Lashoff/Karsums for Recchi trade)

2011 Preview

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

As of 2/13 game results, here is a synopsis of the B's 1st - 2nd Round Picks:
    1st Round
    #14 Overall (own pick)
    2nd Round
    #40 (from Tampa Bay via Lashoff/Karsums for Recchi trade)
    #44 (own pick)

2011 Preview

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsfan084evr. Show bruinsfan084evr's posts

keep up the hard work Crowls2424 ,this will be nice to know as we get closer to the end of the season,

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

Let me go on the 'official' record here:

TORONTO IS AN AWFUL TEAM!   THEIR PICK WILL END UP BEING 1 OR 2 OVERALL. 

THEY MAY CATCH ON FIRE AND GO ON A 1 GAME WINNING STREAK, BUT THEY ARE AWFUL, AWFUL, AWFUL.

There is a decent chance the Oil can catch them- i'd say 50-50.  There is no way Toronto will move up in the standings.  They will not catch anyone.

This is more than blind optimism by a  loyal B's fan.  I've watched them quite a bit and followed their progress in the standings every game.  They have so many problems on that club you almost don't know where to begin...I would begin with the GM-he is loved on these boards for making all these moves but he is really just giving away the team's talent and future(picks)...I hope we make more deals with them!!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

I have us at #16 and 46 for our own picks.You take the teams out of playoffs (14) and then Mon and then us at #16.

Seguin #2
    Toffoli #16
    Petr Straka #32
    Jared Knight #40
    Luke Moffat #46

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

I have always said that after the first few known studs, and that varies by quite a bit from year to year, the rest is a gamble.  This year the top 3 are sure fire. 

Here's something that occurred to me, outside of the first 3 stud picks (this year), someone from below that will be a big catch, not picks 4-10, but it ALWAYS happens that there is a pick further below that surprises everybody - and the Bruins are increasing those odds by gatherig those second round picks.

Just like in any gambling, its a matter of increasing your odds.

I had been thinking about trading those second round picks until I thought of that, now I say - keep everything.

I might take the day off for the draft this year.