2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread

"With his 1st selection of the draft BlazeTrailer selects Alyssa Milano"

"Well that one wasn't much of a surprise, it has been known that BlazeTrailer did have some interest in Alyssa"

"Yeah, Pierre, but she slid so far"

"I wouldn't exactly say that is true, Keith, she has actually been selected many times over"

"Interesting, Pierre, so why do you think she was still available at this point?"

"Could be a number of things, Keith, but it has been rumored that while she has considerable game, she has a weakness in the 5-hole"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Translation of Florida and LA trade of draft picks . . . . Tallon doesn't believe that #15 and #19 are that much different.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread:
    "Could be a number of things, Keith, but it has been rumored that while she has considerable game, she has a weakness in the 5-hole"
    Posted by BlazeTrailer

lolol :)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Do the bruins do anything before 32?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

Do the bruins do anything before 32?
    Posted by McKodiak5

Many of the disenfranchised would suspect they won't really do anything at 32.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : I know.  And that's a great phrase! Everyone else has been a broken record around here for weeks, spewing their knowledge of who will go where and why.  When someone suggested a guy drop to Pick X, he was lambasted for it, because there is no WAY that guy is going to be available there. Now they're all sitting with their jaws on the floor as Gormley drops to the double digits.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

You do most of the lambasting and you know it...hater.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Could pull the Kabanov move at 32.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jake1977. Show Jake1977's posts

"Nada so Much" had to laugh at this "People jumped all over me because I would make predictions." You won't make predictions or throw out trade scenarios you wait to ridicule and lambaste everyone on here Coward! Here's another one "Now, the same people are probably going through all the threads and erasing anything they can due to it's amazing stupidity." Nah that's you NASS, that's how you think! Go outside, breath in the air you insecure egomaniac!
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

^Truth

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

heres 1 hoping tinordi slides to 32....doubt it,but can always hope

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Kabanov or maybe Jonathon Merrill ..will he still be available ???

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Jared Tinordi ...who was ranked 18th midterm could still be available at no.32

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

That interview with Brian Burke was priceless..."we got the player we wanted, and I hope the Bruins got the player they wanted."  HA! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

That interview with Brian Burke was priceless..."we got the player we wanted, and I hope the Bruins got the player they wanted."  HA! 
    Posted by wilsondogg

Poor Burkey! The bruins aren't done making the Maple Leafs picks their own. HAHAHA

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

I am praying Emerson Etem is available at #32...I wouldn't mind to see the Bruins trade up to get him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

James Duthie, clearly the worst on-air sports host at TSN, just had to ask Brian Burke something the man has probably been asked one million times since last summer: would he do the PK deal over again, like Burke's answer is going to change just because this is the day of the draft. 

Also asking the Leaf GM if he felt anything seeing the Bruins take Seguin at number two was quite the critical and analytical question.  How did he really expect Burke to respond?  Duthie is terrible. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

James Duthie, clearly the worst on-air sports host at TSN, just had to ask Brian Burke something the man has probably been asked one million times since last summer: would he do the PK deal over again, like Burke's answer is going to change just because this is the day of the draft.  Also asking the Leaf GM if he felt anything seeing the Bruins take Seguin at number two was quite the critical and analytical question.  How did he really expect Burke to respond?  Duthie is terrible. 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

A better question would have been, "Who do you project being around at #65?  Do you have your eye on anyone in particular???"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

James Duthie, clearly the worst on-air sports host at TSN, just had to ask Brian Burke something the man has probably been asked one million times since last summer: would he do the PK deal over again, like Burke's answer is going to change just because this is the day of the draft.  Also asking the Leaf GM if he felt anything seeing the Bruins take Seguin at number two was quite the critical and analytical question.  How did he really expect Burke to respond?  Duthie is terrible. 

Funny, I've been impressed by the direct questions. In my other favorite league (NFL) they would be tossing softballs at the coaches or GMs

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

McKodiak5....and its not over...next year he will have to suffer again....
    No doubt
    32...will be interesting the way the teams are picking......still available s

Mark Pysik D ranked 7th
    Jonathon  Merrill D ranked 21st
    Etem Emerson RW ranked 8th
    Kabanov ranked 31st was ranked 5th midterm
    Jared Tinordi D ranked 38th.....ranked 18th midterm
    Alexander Petrovic D ranked 29th

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : Funny, I've been impressed by the direct questions. In my other favorite league (NFL) they would be tossing softballs at the coaches or GMs
    Posted by BlazeTrailer

Fair enough.  Its just that Burke's answered that same question up here in Toronto so much since the deal was made, it usually seems to irritate him.  Maybe Duthie was trying to pry some other answer out of him on the PK trade. 

If you like direct questions, you'd have loved TSN's Michael Landsberg, the host of "Off The Record," asking Burke this question earlier:  "You don't have a pick until number 62.  What are you doing here?" 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : Fair enough.  Its just that Burke's answered that same question up here in Toronto so much since the deal was made, it usually seems to irritate him.  Maybe Duthie was trying to pry some other answer out of him on the PK trade.  If you like direct questions, you'd have loved TSN's Michael Landsberg, the host of "Off The Record," asking Burke this question earlier:  "You don't have a pick until number 62.  What are you doing here?" 

My god! That would have cracked me up! How did he respond?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : A better question would have been, "Who do you project being around at #65?  Do you have your eye on anyone in particular???"
    Posted by wilsondogg

wilsondogg, that same Michael Landsberg did ask Burke if there was someone the Leafs were targeting at number 62 to which he replied there was because this year's draft was "deep."

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : wilsondogg, that same Michael Landsberg did ask Burke if there was someone the Leafs were targeting at number 62 to which he replied there was because this year's draft was "deep."

I wish I had seen that!  I would have laughed my a** off.  Poor Brian Burke is going to be fielding the same question next year as well after watching the B's pick in the top 5. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : My god! That would have cracked me up! How did he respond?
    Posted by BlazeTrailer

Knowing Landsberg has a reputation for asking honest questions that put people on the spot but also adding a touch of humour to them, Burke gave him that stone-faced look of his and said the Leafs did have some people in mind at that point of the draft. 

Burke said he could have moved up into the first-round sweep-stakes but declined a solid offer.  Landsberg asked if the deal would involve Kaberle, the only genuine trading piece on the team.  Burke tells him "that's none of your business."  Great moment.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

OOOppss 2 on my list just got picked.....with only 7 picks ahead of us...still available...the following interesting players

Jonathon  Merrill D ranked 21st
    Etem Emerson RW ranked 8th
    Kabanov ranked LW 31st was ranked 5th midterm
    Alexander Petrovic D ranked 29th
    nd I know we dont need another C but Tyler Toffoli is ranked 16th and was 14th midterm

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

wilsondogg...your player is still available

Sections
Shortcuts