2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread:
    wilsondogg...your player is still available Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS

I know!  Amazing!  I could have sworn Buffalo was going to take him given their love for speedy forwards.  I say he goes before #27.  Oh well.  TRADE UP CAM!!!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : I wish I had seen that!  I would have laughed my a** off.  Poor Brian Burke is going to be fielding the same question next year as well after watching the B's pick in the top 5. 
    Posted by wilsondogg

wilsondogg, absolutely in agreement with you.  I mentioned this previously but earlier this week, AM 640, the radio station that broadcasts Leaf games up here in T. O., had a call-in topic of "Should The Leafs Trade Again With The Bruins?"  It was a response to the recent Savard-for-Kaberle talk. 

A surprisingly large number of Leaf fans don't want Burke to go near the Bruins citing the lingering sting of the Raycroft/Rask deal and the Kessel for potential lottery pick, now Seguin, as the main reasons. 

One hilarious guy called in and said another Boston/Toronto swap would be like 'shaking hands with the Devil" while another was suspicious of PC stating he must know something about Savard or why else would his name be in play? 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

wilsondogg....only 6 more picks ahead of the Bruins and you got your Emerson Etem...but you will have to wait till tomorrow AM....but BRUINS will get one of these players for sure
    Mark Pysik D ranked 7th
    Jonathon  Merrill D ranked 21st
    Etem Emerson RW ranked 8th
    Kabanov ranked 31st was ranked 5th midterm
    Jared Tinordi D ranked 38th.....ranked 18th midterm
    Alexander Petrovic D ranked 29th

Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

As predicted, I got my can handed to me in the annual draft guessing game.  So far, I have two right:  Hall and Seguin.  Everything else has been completely wrong.  I came close on two or three, only missing by a few spots.  The rest have been miles off.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BigD7. Show BigD7's posts

Hey, just checking in now, and enjoying all your comments, even the "lets move up the draft" ones.

What I don't understand is why NAS you are so frustrated with people sharing their enthusiasm for the sport, the draft, and the team.

Seriously, if you can't stand the some of the silly suggestions, or the ones that aren't thought out, or the ones that don't supply links and years of stats (some of us do have jobs after all), then... why do you stick around?

Anyhow, great that we got Seguin (not that is was a big surprise), and yeah, I'm happy we've got Horton, but "damn" that 15th pick looked good for a prospective  blue chip D.

Sometime teams draft to need not necessarily the best talent in the draft such as a D that will take 2-3 years to develop... just a thought. (I still believe in the gurus).

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

Soooooo...Etem is the consensus fastest player in the draft? How the heck is he still on the board? How big is he? Is he just really that unpolished? How far out does he project as an NHLer (if he makes it)

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

In Response to Re: 2010 NHL Draft: Live discussion thread : wilsondogg, absolutely in agreement with you.  I mentioned this previously but earlier this week, AM 640, the radio station that broadcasts Leaf games up here in T. O., had a call-in topic of "Should The Leafs Trade Again With The Bruins?"  It was a response to the recent Savard-for-Kaberle talk.  A surprisingly large number of Leaf fans don't want Burke to go near the Bruins citing the lingering sting of the Raycroft/Rask deal and the Kessel for potential lottery pick, now Seguin, as the main reasons.  One hilarious guy called in and said another Boston/Toronto swap would be like 'shaking hands with the Devil" while another was suspicious of PC stating he must know something about Savard or why else would his name be in play? 
    Posted by RichmondHillOntario

Burke has essentially been depantsed in each of those trades.   If I were a Leafs fan I'd be crapping my gear every time I saw the caller Id come in with 617 at the beginning of it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Capitals = Red Army

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Here it goes...Etem to the Coyotes

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Clearly Burke got fleeced in this deal. Kessel was a malcontent that did not want to play for the Bruins and the Bruins got what will eventually be three quality starters. I thought only Belichick could fleece another GM this bad (Moss, Welker deals). I could be wrong. I went looking for some 2011 mocks to see who the Bs get next year....couldn't find one. I am a fan of both the NHL and NFL, but the NFL is always first and everyone else can only hope for a distant 2nd.

I live in Toronto. Landsberg is an arrogant d---bag. Another broadcaster that pretends he knows what he's talking about, but hasn't played meaningful competive sports at any level.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Here it goes...Etem to the Coyotes
    Posted by wilsondogg

What the??? Visentin?  Whew! 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups-7. Show soups-7's posts

I actually think Etam has Wacey Rabbit talent not Iginla talent. I don't have hope.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

OH My GOD only 5 picks left before we can pick one of these players,,,WOW

Kirill Kabanov ranked 31st was ranked 5th midterm

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Charlie Coyle.  Good pick by San Jose.  Tough kid...

Anaheim definitely takes Etem...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Looks like 32 might be a solid prospect.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Etem will be a BRUIN .......WOW  with ony 4 picks before the B's  still left the following
    Mark Pysik D ranked 7th
    Jared Tinordi D ranked 38th.....ranked 18th midterm

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Merril? Etem? Kabanov?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Pysk and Tinordi have been drafted.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

OH My GOD only 5 picks left before we can pick one of these players,,,WOW Jonathon  Merrill D ranked 21st Etem Emerson RW ranked 8th Kirill Kabanov ranked 31st was ranked 5th midterm Alexander Petrovic D ranked 29th Stanley Cup to the BRUINS in 2011-2012-2013
    Posted by StanleyCuptotheBRUINS

From anything I've read it is hard for me to see the Bruins pick Kabanov that high.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from StanleyCuptotheBRUINS. Show StanleyCuptotheBRUINS's posts

Sorry guys ...only 3 remaining on my precious list with only 3 picks before the BRUINS

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

There goes Etem.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from wilsondogg. Show wilsondogg's posts

Yup...Anaheim.  Ugh.  Oh well.  Etem's the man.  Wish we could have had him.  Back up tomorrow at 8:00!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from McKodiak5. Show McKodiak5's posts

Now what to expect at 32?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Crowls2424. Show Crowls2424's posts

Ugh.  Would have like to have seen Etem in black 'n' gold. Kabanov time?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlazeTrailer. Show BlazeTrailer's posts

Seems Anaheim had what would be a pretty good draft at face value