#22's number

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

#22's number

Thought this could use it's own thread.

What number would you like to see the #2 pick wear?

Here's how I see them

1:  goaltender
    2:  retired
    3:  retired
    4:  retired
    5:  retired
    6:  Wideman
    7:  retired
    8:  retired
    9:  retired

10:  Good (O'Dwyer, Zhamnov)

11:  Good (Kaspar, Carpenter, Axelsson)

12:  Good (Burridge, Oates)

13:  good (Linseman)

14:  Good (Courtnall, Samsonov, Lazaro)

15:  retired

16:  Sturm

17:  Lucic

18:  defenseman

19:  TAINTED  (Normand Leveille, Tom McCarthy, Joe Thornton)

20:  defenseman

21:  Ference

22:  Thornton

23:  Good (Heinze, Janney)

24:  O'Reilly

25:  Okay (Brickley, Stevens)

26:  Wheeler

27:  Good but a winger number (Murray, Christian)

28:  Recchi

29:  Goon number

30:  Thomas

31:  Goaltender

32:  Sweeney

33:  Chara

34:  Defenseman

35:  Goaltender

36:  Defenseman

37:  Bergeron

38:  barely acceptable (Ruzicka)

39:  barely acceptable (Can't think of any B's, but Doug Weight/Hasek)

40:  Rask

To recap, if the player chooses any of these numbers, I'll be happy:

10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 25, 27

I would be thrilled if he chose 10-12, true center numbers.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mattymcgee55. Show mattymcgee55's posts

Re: #22's number

Maybe Hall would take #14 w/ #4 not available. Maybe Seguin would take #10 because #9 is out also.

Im going out on a limb by making the assumption that the Bruins won't retire #14 for Rob Cimetta and #10 for Special K any time soon.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I like 19 for either player b/c it's one of my favourites, although you may be on to something there NAS.  If 19 is out I like 10 for Seguin or 11 for Hall.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

I don't like 13, 25, or 27 for either of them.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OlsonicCreations. Show OlsonicCreations's posts

If it's Hall I think 23 (mainstream number with broad superstar appeal, Jordan references, Halls a flashy player and it could make hockey more relevant in a 4-sport market) 

If it's Seguin, I want to see him in #10. Throughout my life, 10 has been my number and center has been my position ; therefore, Seguin choosing #10 would make the brief moments when I close my eyes and imagine how great a life being a professional hockey player would be, that much more tangible and "realistic". a.k.a. I want to live vicariously through him, LOL

I'm immature :) But hey, dreaming is a good thing. A number is just a number, so this thread was clearly inspired by people who think it can represent something greater.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

My choices for seguin
    11(kopitar, J staal)
    12(e staal)
    13(datsyuk)
    18(richards)
    19(toews, thornton, spezza, backstrom)

My number 1 choice is 13

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number:
    I think it should be 19. 19 is a number reserved for offensive weapons mostly. We have our new "franchise," player, his name is Seguin, Thornton is just a distant memory.
    Posted by pbergeron37

Are you familiar with the lives of Normand Leveille and Tom McCarthy?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Terry O's #24 is retired, #18 was worn by forwards (Keith Crowder, Bent Ashton, Bobby Gould, punching bag Brent Hughs,Walt McKechnie, Peter Skriko) #34 was LBs number. Goalie John Blue and and foward Joel Prpic had #39 . I hope Hall/Seguin wear one of the lower numbers but will probably go with the new trend of these high numbers we see today.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

Seguin's hero is Stevie Y.... #19, there's your answer.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NumbaFouwer. Show NumbaFouwer's posts

If Hall is in Boston .... #44 (if he gets Seidenberg to agree).

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Terry O's #24 is retired, #18 was worn by forwards (Keith Crowder, Bent Ashton, Bobby Gould, punching bag Brent Hughs,Walt McKechnie, Peter Skriko) #34 was LBs number. Goalie John Blue WAS #39. I hope Hall/Seguin wear one of the lower numbers but will probably go with the new trend of these high numbers we see today.
    Posted by bobby774

I meant to put retired for 24, but put O'Reilly's name instead.  Probably due to no real standout forward wearing #18, I probably associate it with defensemen due to McLaren, just as #29 is a goon number due to McSorley and someone else I can't think of right now.

I just really hope the player doesn't take an ego number.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from derrickmorin. Show derrickmorin's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : Are you familiar with the lives of Normand Leveille and Tom McCarthy?
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

I don't know who Tom McCarthy is? Fill us in!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Jay Miller wore 29, Is that goon enough?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Jay Miller wore 29 Goon enough?
    Posted by bobby774

I KNEW there was someone else, just couldn't place it.  I could see the stache and the hair, but just drew a blank.

Thanks!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to #22's number:
    Thought this could use it's own thread. What number would you like to see the #2 pick wear? Here's how I see them 1:  goaltender 2:  retired 3:  retired 4:  retired 5:  retired 6:  Wideman 7:  retired 8:  retired 9:  retired 10:  Good (O'Dwyer, Zhamnov) 11:  Good (Kaspar, Carpenter, Axelsson) 12:  Good (Burridge, Oates) 13:  good (Linseman) 14:  Good (Courtnall, Samsonov, Lazaro) 15:  retired 16:  Sturm 17:  Lucic 18:  defenseman 19:  TAINTED  (Normand Leveille, Tom McCarthy, Joe Thornton) 20:  defenseman 21:  Ference 22:  Thornton 23:  Good (Heinze, Janney) 24:  O'Reilly 25:  Okay (Brickley, Stevens) 26:  Wheeler 27:  Good but a winger number (Murray, Christian) 28:  Recchi 29:  Goon number 30:  Thomas 31:  Goaltender 32:  Sweeney 33:  Chara 34:  Defenseman 35:  Goaltender 36:  Defenseman 37:  Bergeron 38:  barely acceptable (Ruzicka) 39:  barely acceptable (Can't think of any B's, but Doug Weight/Hasek) 40:  Rask To recap, if the player chooses any of these numbers, I'll be happy: 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 23, 25, 27 I would be thrilled if he chose 10-12, true center numbers.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

you left off some big names. just want to give the recognition... 1: LEMELIN Vachone & Peters, 13: GUERIN, 12: CAPTAIN CASHMAN 14: SANDERSON & MCTAVISH, 16: How can you leave off NIFFTY RICK MIDDLETON & PETER DORRIS, 17: MARQUART,  18:  KIETH CROWDER WAS NO DEFENSEMAN, 22:PARK 25:KRUSHELNISKI 26:WESLEY 28: LARSON  35: MOOG, that is enough for now.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : I don't know who Tom McCarthy is? Fill us in!
    Posted by derrickmorin

Had an average career, but ending up getting into drugs (worst idea for anyone on Earth) and serving time for dealing.  Obviously it has nothing to do with the number he wore, but there are three guys in 30 years who wore the same number that has a sad story.  Aneurysm, jailtime, and no heart.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

92 - Year Sequin was born!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : I don't know who Tom McCarthy is? Fill us in!
    Posted by derrickmorin

TOM McCarthy was a very good offensive center the BRUINS TRADED FOR FROM THE NORTH STARS.  THE NORTH STARS HAD A LOT OF TALENT IN THE 80'S, AND NEVER COULD CLOSE THE DEAL IN THE PLAYOFFS. TOM McCARTHY NEVER LIVED UP TO HIS POTENTIAL ONCE HE CAME TO BOSTON.... 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to #22's number : you left off some big names. just want to give the recognition... 1: LEMELIN Vachone & Peters, 13: GUERIN, 12: CAPTAIN CASHMAN 14: SANDERSON & MCTAVISH, 16: How can you leave off NIFFTY RICK MIDDLETON & PETER DORRIS, 17: MARQUART,  18:  KIETH CROWDER WAS NO DEFENSEMAN, 22:PARK 25:KRUSHELNISKI 26:WESLEY 28: LARSON  35: MOOG, that is enough for now.
    Posted by 54BLITZER

#22 WAS ALSO SOLID D MAN MIKE TELVEN.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

,  18:  KIETH CROWDER WAS NO DEFENSEMAN 
    Posted by 54BLITZER

I pointed out Keith Crowder was a forward

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 54BLITZER. Show 54BLITZER's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : #22 WAS ALSO SOLID D MAN MIKE TELVEN.
    Posted by 54BLITZER

WAIT, I FORGOT #26, MILBURY. HOW BOUT #20, O'CONNEL.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to #22's number : you left off some big names. just want to give the recognition... 1: LEMELIN Vachone & Peters, 13: GUERIN, 12: CAPTAIN CASHMAN 14: SANDERSON & MCTAVISH, 16: How can you leave off NIFFTY RICK MIDDLETON & PETER DORRIS, 17: MARQUART,  18:  KIETH CROWDER WAS NO DEFENSEMAN, 22:PARK 25:KRUSHELNISKI 26:WESLEY 28: LARSON  35: MOOG, that is enough for now.
    Posted by 54BLITZER

I didn't "leave off" anyone.  I didn't list every player to ever wear the number.   I just listed a couple of players that came to my mind.

You might also notice that I didn't list former players for numbers that are currently in use.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: #22's number : #22 WAS ALSO SOLID D MAN MIKE TELVEN.
    Posted by 54BLITZER

He went by Michael, and his last name was Thelven.  He was a far cry from solid...or even memorable.  Might want to check his stats.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

Tom Mcarthey had one season with the B's 86-87 scored 30 goals I believe, then like maybe 10 games the next season, dont remember if we traded him away or cut him. Maybe some one knows what happened can post it

Sections
Shortcuts