3 Points. Anyone Else Worried?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

3 Points. Anyone Else Worried?

Toronto wins again and they are now three points from Carolina and Florida.  Not only that but they are four points from several other teams.  Toronto is 8-2-0 in the last ten and for the several posters who say points are hard to make up in the few remaining games...Carolina has a tougher schedule and Florida just blows.  

Let's hope Toronto falters down the stretch, but I just don't see it happening.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

Re: 3 Points. Anyone Else Worried?

I think we're picking 4th......I guess we should get the idea of Hall or Seguin out of our minds and start getting used to the idea of Gudbranson or Tarasenko.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Gormley is the best defensemen in the draft imo. He and Fowler will go 3rd and 4th. or 4th and 3rd.

Gormley or Burmistrov would be the guys i'd pick . And with the middle round pick try to get Mikael Granlund who is a darkhorse possible sniper pick

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bim09. Show bim09's posts

I would pick Kabanov or Skinner before Granlund.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from yaz16. Show yaz16's posts

Kabanov was nowhere in the U18 tourney. He has a too laid back personality imo to be a good player in the nhl.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from crono420. Show crono420's posts

I just hope the B's make a quality pick. The one thing we lack is a pure goal scorer and we can find that with a top 5 pick. We have the centers and d men to win a cup, we just need sniper wingers. I am also still very open to picking up Kovalchuk in the offseason

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Life's too short to worry.  The Leafs still blow, too.  They got a very lucky goal against a lousy Ranger effort to tie that game and even get to the OT.  They're getting a lot of puck luck, and if that continues, maybe the Bruins don't get a top two pick - unless they win the lottery.  But that worm turns pretty quickly, so...meh.  We'll see.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

In Response to Re: 3 Points. Anyone Else Worried?:
    I would pick Kabanov or Skinner before Granlund.
    Posted by bim09

Don't know a lot about Granlund but as far as talent and size I would take Kabanov over Skinner too. The issues ( if they are issues )with Moncton's coach is what scares me with Kabanov. Possibility of all three being there when the B's make their own selection in the 1st round.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stingerjp. Show stingerjp's posts

One pick that I DON'T want in the draft is #3.  B's need a forward with some dynamic skills and there seems to be a bit of uncertainty about which D is the best in the draft.

I do realize there is also the uncertainty with the lottery but i'm crossing my fingers for Hall or Seguin.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from days-of-Orr. Show days-of-Orr's posts

hadn't the b's squandered 5 points to the leafs there wouldn't be any need to worry....  but with one game left to play between the two i'm very worried....  if they can't get Hall or Seguin i'd seriously consider trading the pick for instant offense which the b's had in Kessel.... 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

tor plays atl tue w need tor to win

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Isn't it going to be painful for us Bruins fans to watch Hall or Sequin dominate in the NHL for the next 15 years and we are left to play what if...  :(

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

hadn't the b's squandered 5 points to the leafs there wouldn't be any need to worry....  but with one game left to play between the two i'm very worried....  if they can't get Hall or Seguin i'd seriously consider trading the pick for instant offense which the b's had in Kessel.... 
    Posted by days-of-Orr

true that.
    But go to atdhe dot net and watch some leafs games.  When they win, its just a joke.  Last night kaberle took a shot from the corner, Lundqvist was asleep at the switch and the shot went in.

Leafs took a too many men on the ice that was really bad, really bad where coaches and players were totally oblivious like you see in youth hockey.

Wilson just lets Kessel do whatever he wants, or Kessel doesn't attend the team meetings or something.  I've seen him do this at least twice now.  Kessel gets the puck behind his own net and has a look around, just like a defenseman does.  Then he attempts to rush the puck the length of the ice.  Doesn't matter that 4 Leafs are wide open up ice.  At or about the blue line he runs out of gas and loses the puck.

I don't like the guy and I want to grab him, shake him and ask him what in blue blazes do you think you're doing??

Phaneuf rushes the puck too much and that effort always results in a lame shot.

I just watch the Leafs and I can't help but yell at the tv, what are you guys doing???  And I WANT them to lose!

Just watch a Leafs game or two.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

tor plays atl tue w need tor to win
    Posted by bruins8

No thanks, i'll take take my chances! Toronto HAS to lose. I rather get a corner-stone player for the next 12 years than make the playoffs and lose in 4-5 games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruins8. Show bruins8's posts

no no no no   we need nyr and atl to lose more so than tor

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustyisacat. Show dustyisacat's posts

no no no no   we need nyr and atl to lose more so than tor
    Posted by bruins8

yes yes yes B's need to take care of their own games and not rely on other teams to lose and back into the playoffs. We need the Leafs to lose for us to have a better shot at Hall/Seguin. We want the 6th seed ,NYR and Atlanta losing won't help us out there. We need to win period ! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

If Toronto beats Pitt today I'll be more concerned. But if they lose, then they will be 3 points behing Carolina and Florida with 6 games to play, but Carolina will have a game in hand, and Florida will have 2 games in hand.

Tampa Bay and the Islanders will be 4 points ahead with each having a game in hand.

In other words, today's game could be huge for Boston's draft

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

And we don't need to worry about Atlanta anymore. That's Philly's problem now. B's are in 7th place, 2 points behind falling Montreal with a game in hand. Philly's sinking like a stone now that their goaltender is done for the year, and Jeff carter is gone for a month. If Atlanta makes it in, good for them, they can take on the Caps in round 1

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Carolina's recent play has really started to worry me more so than the Leafs winning they have looked terrible lately. Manny Legace is awful and Cam Ward is probably shutdown for the year.

If they Bruins take someone from europe they had better not make another "Soderberg" mistake. A whiner who doesn't like paying his dues in the minors.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowboys9. Show cowboys9's posts

Isn't it going to be painful for us Bruins fans to watch Hall or Sequin dominate in the NHL for the next 15 years and we are left to play what if...  :(
    Posted by rickrand3

No actually it won't be.. did you at the start of the season really think in all honesty that the Bruins would be in this position to have a shot at the top3 players in this years draft .. Some had pegged the Leafs to challenge for a playoff spot..and PC has stated he thought he could land a top 10 pick ?? Not top 3...so as far as I am concerned the Bruins will do better than expected and will have a top 5 Lottery pick..

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TuukkainNet. Show TuukkainNet's posts

I wouldn't have started the post if I didn't think they would stink....they are playing well now though.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Now it becoming clear the Hockey Gods hate the Bruins.  The Rags had the game won until Lundquist lets Kaberle score from behind the goal line.  I could not believe it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jwb413. Show jwb413's posts

King Henry looked like a pauper on that one..........

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BadHabitude. Show BadHabitude's posts

Posted by rickrand3

If that bothers you, here's a thought that might cheer you up.  Next year's leafs first pick is ours, too.  Look at the Leafs roster, look at their salary cap, look at their prospects, their draft picks - no don't bother on that one - they don't have any, look at the available FA this summer and then

explain how the Leafs can get very much better next year.

I'll throw one out at you just for laughs, what if Burke can sign Kovalchuk this summer, look at how much money they have left in their cap, and consider how much better he will make the Leafs.

Yes, the Leafs would be better if they hit the Kovulchuk sweepstakes this summer, but will that make them a playoff team?  I don't think so.

We're going to get a good pick next year, too.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Lefebvre33. Show Lefebvre33's posts

In Response to Re: 3 Points. Anyone Else Worried? : If that bothers you, here's a thought that might cheer you up.  Next year's leafs first pick is ours, too.  Look at the Leafs roster, look at their salary cap, look at their prospects, their draft picks - no don't bother on that one - they don't have any, look at the available FA this summer and then explain how the Leafs can get very much better next year. I'll throw one out at you just for laughs, what if Burke can sign Kovalchuk this summer, look at how much money they have left in their cap, and consider how much better he will make the Leafs. Yes, the Leafs would be better if they hit the Kovulchuk sweepstakes this summer, but will that make them a playoff team?  I don't think so. We're going to get a good pick next year, too.
    Posted by BadHabitude

Sections
Shortcuts