30+ years!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-Cowboy. Show Boston-Cowboy's posts

30+ years!

I've been watching the Bruins for more than 30 years adnd I've never seen them WIN a meaningful overtime. In fact, I can't remember them winning a meaningful game 7 either. Nothing has changed.

I've read some other posts here and  I noticed that grego84 is a great apologist. I'm guessing that you were born in 84 and therefore haven't been watching them as long as I have. Trust me on this, so long as the Bruins are owned by Delaware
    North and Jacobs, they won't win unless it's an accident.

Delaware and Jacobs see the Bruins as a cash cow. They put in enough pieces to make them a threat, but never enough to put them over the top. Why should they? The seats are always full and adding the player(s) they need takes money away from the bottom line. They kept Harry Sinden in charge for years and don't get me started on his failures!

My dream has always been to have enough money to buy the Bruins and hire Don Cherry for one day, for one task, and that is to FIRE Harry Sinden. Alas, it's never going to happen.

Wake me up to the Bruins when they get that final piece of the puzzle. Til then, I'm speding my money elsewhere.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Re: 30+ years!

Boston-Cowboy: I have a few issues with your post. You say that you have been watching the B's for 30 years and do not remember them winning a meaningful ot game, let alone a game 7.
     I have some examples for you:
    1. 1982-83- Buff at Bos- Game 7- Brad Park- OT winner
    2. 1992-93- Bos at Mtl- Game 2- Peter Douris- OT winner- pretty sure B's went to conference final that year with a team that was not expected to go that far- that OT winner led to a sweep of the Habs
    3. 1998-1999- Bos at Car- Game 5- Anson Carter- OT winner- B's go on to win in 6 games
    4. last year vs. Mtl- Game 3- Marc Savard- OT winner- cut Habs series lead to 2-1, if he does not score that goal, B's probably do not force series to 7 games

In my humble opinion, these were all important OT game- winning goals in the playoffs, even one in OT of a game 7; they may not have been cup-winning goals, but you cannot discount their importance. They all had one thing in common; they were goals that swung the momentum in the B's favour, and, with the exception of last year, Boston went on to win all these series.
     Surely if you have been following the B's closely for 30+ years you should remember these goals, right?

P.S. There may be other examples, but these are the ones that came to mind. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Slight correction on my post: It was 91-92 when Peter Douris scored ot winner; it was a 2nd round sweep after beating the Sabres in 7 in the first round; they lost to penguins in con. final; overmatched against Lemieux, Jagr & Co.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ButchStearns. Show ButchStearns's posts

sweeney half those games were first round matchups... Big deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

Boston Cowboy stated that he had not seen the B's win any meaningful ot games. Butch Stearns, I understand that half these games were first round games. My point is: isn't any playoff overtime goal meaningful, regardless of what round it is? Alot of the time it can result in winning or losing a series. In three out of four series, if the B's do not win in OT there would be a strong chance of not moving on, in two series the result of these ot wins was a berth in the conference finals. That, to me is meaningful!

PS.- Especially 1991-92- that was a lunch bucket group that was not supposed to make it that far.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

I'm as frustrated as the rest of the Bruins fans here and elsewhere, but you have to have a "glass is half full, rather than half empty" philosophy.  I'm not saying we shouldn't voice our concerns and disagreements with Bs management decisions - we always do and should continue to...   But if I took the negative, whining, woe-is-me position, I would have stopped following the Bruins sometime back in the 80s.   Good point, bruinsweeney.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ButchStearns. Show ButchStearns's posts

[QUOTE] Boston Cowboy stated that he had not seen the B's win any meaningful ot games. Butch Stearns, I understand that half these games were first round games. My point is: isn't any playoff overtime goal meaningful, regardless of what round it is? Alot of the time it can result in winning or losing a series. In three out of four series, if the B's do not win in OT there would be a strong chance of not moving on, in two series the result of these ot wins was a berth in the conference finals. That, to me is meaningful!  PS.- Especially 1991-92- that was a lunch bucket group that was not supposed to make it that far.
    Posted by bruinsweeney[/QUOTE]

No I dont think a OT goal scored in a first round series that your team loses in is a big deal at all, the end result is yet another first or second round knockout.

A big goal obviously would be in a series clinching game like a Game 7 and the sad truth in those games the Bruins havent shown up in almost 2 decades. Everytime they have a chance to take that big step they fail and they fail in dramatic fashion.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Go cry somewhere else, Butch. You say the same simple thing over and over and over again... OK - you think they're a disappointment... what next?  Repeating it a million times with no point to make is a complete waste of our time.   I have  seen some terrific discussion threads with fans who feel positive and those who feel negative - the difference between those and your posts is that they raise ISSSSSSSSUES... they examine our performance and hold THIS (NOT PAST) team to standards moving forward. 

You have to be a Habs or Canes troll... even the most pessimistic Bruins fans offer some kind of point - some analysis.  Spare us the same comment for the f*ing 100th time - you puss*!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from ButchStearns. Show ButchStearns's posts

[QUOTE]Go cry somewhere else, Butch. You say the same simple thing over and over and over again... OK - you think they're a disappointment... what next?  Repeating it a million times with no point to make is a complete waste of our time.   I have  seen some terrific discussion threads with fans who feel positive and those who feel negative - the difference between those and your posts is that they raise ISSSSSSSSUES... they examine our performance and hold THIS (NOT PAST) team to standards moving forward.  You have to be a Habs or Canes troll... even the most pessimistic Bruins fans offer some kind of point - some analysis.  Spare us the same comment for the f*ing 100th time - you puss*!
    Posted by da-rivercharles[/QUOTE]

I was asked a question about the Sharks and Bruins and I answered it. I'm sorry if you cannot handle facts and you translate that into pessemism. By the way you type very well wearing your two big #1 foam fingers. I have a feeling you would still be waving your pom poms if the Bruins went 0-82.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

In three out of the four series that I mentioned the B's won, so get your facts straight. In your post you say that you don't think an overtime goal in a series you lose is meaningful:

Brad Park, Peter Douris and Anson Carter all scored OT winners in series the B's won! Two of those winners put the B's in the final four; Can you spell M-E-A-N-I-N-G-F-U-L?

Before you say it, I will- the Anson Carter ot winner was in the first round, I know- it's better to win a playoff series then lose it.

PS. Do you consider yourself a real fan? If so, try saying something positive once in awhile. Your negativity is becoming quite boring.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ButchStearns. Show ButchStearns's posts

[QUOTE] In three out of the four series that I mentioned the B's won, so get your facts straight. In your post you say that you don't think an overtime goal in a series you lose is meaningful: Brad Park, Peter Douris and Anson Carter all scored OT winners in series the B's won! Two of those winners put the B's in the final four; Can you spell M-E-A-N-I-N-G-F-U-L?  Before you say it, I will- the Anson Carter ot winner was in the first round, I know- it's better to win a playoff series then lose it.  PS. Do you consider yourself a real fan? If so, try saying something positive once in awhile. Your negativity is becoming quite boring.
    Posted by bruinsweeney[/QUOTE]

The fact you have to go back to the Brad Park era to find a meaningful Bruins win speaks volumes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

the point about jacobs is moronic, there is a salary cap these days, he spends as much as he can.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

I only have one more thing to say to you:

Good luck trying to find a helping hand when you try and jump back on the B's bandwagon after they have success in your eyes; then you would probably find something else to whine about: For example: " Yeah I know the B's won the Cup, but it shouldn't have taken 6 games, they should have won in four straight!".
    Maybe you should wipe the sh!t off of your rose-coloured glasses!

GO BLACK AND GOLD!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

[QUOTE]the point about jacobs is moronic, there is a salary cap these days, he spends as much as he can.
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Yeah I guess thats why Chiarelli is the lowest paid GM in the NHL and is turning the Bruins into Ottawa Senators south, great regular seasons but soft as jello come the playoffs

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Hab trolls... yada yada yada... same ole same ole...  go back to a gay french Montreal blog... where you get hard-ons about your team - which hasn't done anything in some 17 years - and arrange meeting other men on St. Catherines...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Hab trolls... yada yada yada... same ole same ole...  go back to a gay french Montreal blog... where you get hard-ons about your team - which hasn't done anything in some 17 years - and arrange meeting other men on St. Catherines...
    Posted by da-rivercharles[/QUOTE]

"OMGZ I LOVE DA BRUINZ AND UR A HABS TROLL IS U SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE"

While the original post in this thread was overly pessimistic, how typical is it that this is the response.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

[QUOTE]"OMGZ I LOVE DA BRUINZ AND UR A HABS TROLL IS U SAY ANYTHING NEGATIVE" While the original post in this thread was overly pessimistic, how typical is it that this is the response.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

Kennedy97 - It's not that saying "ANYTHING" negative about the Bruins makes people trolls... it HAS to do with the same guy saying the same exact, shrill, inflammatory comment over and over again - with nothing intelligent to offer...  that's a sign of know-nothing troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from chocolab511. Show chocolab511's posts

So people who dont wave pom poms and sugar coat another Bruins failure in the playoffs makes them trolls? Wow!

I wish my IQ were about 60 points lower so I could be a blind lemming too

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from bruinsweeney. Show bruinsweeney's posts

I think your IQ is 60 points lower just from reading your posts. Are you in need of a dictionary or perhaps an English class?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Do you know another word but LEMMING?   I love it - all he says - you're a lemming... and you are too... and you - lemming.............. 

YOU HAVE THE BRAIN OF A CHILD.... an IQ of 60 would be a huge step up for you....   oh and "LEMMMMMMMING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"   CHOCOLAB says the word because he thinks it makes him sound intelligent.....   HAHAHA     ahem .... LEMMING.....  anyone here me say LEMMMMMMING??  

Can you imagine seeing chocojerk with his tongue out as he struggles to type with what he thinks is cerebral word... thinking to himself - I have instant credibility using THAT word.... LEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMING!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid. Show Chowdahkid's posts

Anyone think da-rivercharlesjacobs is posting on here while wearing his Bruins jammies?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

LOL  Dahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Lemming.............. dah

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Anti Canadiens de Montréal

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Cowboy, who says "Til then, I'm speding my money elsewhere. "  Whoa boy.  I'll bet people are just dyin' to take your money...before you pea most of it away at some dive-bar on payday. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

Chowdahkid - Going solely from your posts on this string, you sound like a moron. I like your attitude rivercharles.

Sections
Shortcuts