30+ years!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

Re: 30+ years!

[QUOTE]Wake me up to the Bruins when they get that final piece of the puzzle. Til then, I'm speding my money elsewhere.
    Posted by Boston-Cowboy[/QUOTE]

No one is going to wake you up when the Bruins get the "final piece of the puzzle."

If you don't want to suffer along with the real fans through the terrible, bad and O.K. years, then you don't deserve to be with us when the team wins it all.

Go back to sleep, Mr. Rip Van Fariweatherfan.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

Jeez.. Amazing.  We Sox fans were also tormented - - until 2004.  The pain and suffering made victory that much more sweet.   Have a set of nuts for cryin' out loud.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE]Kennedy97 - It's not that saying "ANYTHING" negative about the Bruins makes people trolls... it HAS to do with the same guy saying the same exact, shrill, inflammatory comment over and over again - with nothing intelligent to offer...  that's a sign of know-nothing troll.
    Posted by GABees[/QUOTE]

Not in this case---this is a Bruins fan, not some rah-rah dope in montreal and carolina who is posting stuff about their team to p*** you off. This is a Bruins fan, and he was dead wrong on quite a few things, he's not a troll. And that's the thing--frustrated Bruins fans aren't trolls. They're just frustrated Bruins fans, and as such, have lost the perspective on how good of a season this really was.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZILLAGOD. Show ZILLAGOD's posts

[QUOTE]Not in this case---this is a Bruins fan, not some rah-rah dope in montreal and carolina who is posting stuff about their team to p*** you off. This is a Bruins fan, and he was dead wrong on quite a few things, he's not a troll. And that's the thing--frustrated Bruins fans aren't trolls. They're just frustrated Bruins fans, and as such, have lost the perspective on how good of a season this really was.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I've been frustrated before , too.

What these people need to do is sit back for a few days until the frustration wears off ( and if it doesn't, these people need psychological help---we all love hockey , but man , really, it's still just a game).

Some of these wishy washy quitters are worse than the trolls!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from da-rivercharles. Show da-rivercharles's posts

[QUOTE]Not in this case---this is a Bruins fan, not some rah-rah dope in montreal and carolina who is posting stuff about their team to p*** you off. This is a Bruins fan, and he was dead wrong on quite a few things, he's not a troll. And that's the thing--frustrated Bruins fans aren't trolls. They're just frustrated Bruins fans, and as such, have lost the perspective on how good of a season this really was.
    Posted by Kennedy97[/QUOTE]

I understand the frustration - believe me. And I know many here are just that - incredibly frustrated Bruins fans.   I just want to clarify that I am not ecstatic about the Bruins year in, year out when they fail to live up to expectations.  I just see the kind of progress that gives me hope that we are going in the right direction - something I haven't had for some time now.

But you're entitled to your opinion - obviously.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canadianfan6. Show Canadianfan6's posts

I agree with you! Last cup was in 1972, but as soon as you critize them for failure you are "not a real fan" These B's fan's on here are too loyal
    I would like to see how they would react to the Pat's, Celtics ans Sox with the same record as the Bruin's?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

Nah...    constructive criticism is fine. Posts with no thought behind them - designed purely to anger others - is completely different.    

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlkGold67. Show BlkGold67's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with you! Last cup was in 1972, but as soon as you critize them for failure you are "not a real fan" These B's fan's on here are too loyal I would like to see how they would react to the Pat's, Celtics ans Sox with the same record as the Bruin's?
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

Great post, for some reason this board attracts the over protective, the Bruins can do no wrong crowd (see GAbees, da river charles, etc etc) This group will call you a hab fan (and post lame pics) for some reason if you point out facts they dont like, if you dont blindly cheer for the Bruins, if you criticize the Bruins, or if you dont rubber stamp every move the Bruins make. It's really sad.

IMO the last 20 or so years of mediocrity ad failure under the Jacobs regime has turned alot of Bruins fans soft.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from GABees. Show GABees's posts

[QUOTE]Great post, for some reason this board attracts the over protective, the Bruins can do no wrong crowd (see GAbees, da river charles, etc etc) This group will call you a hab fan (and post lame pics) for some reason if you point out facts they dont like, if you dont blindly cheer for the Bruins, if you criticize the Bruins, or if you dont rubber stamp every move the Bruins make. It's really sad. IMO the last 20 or so years of mediocrity ad failure under the Jacobs regime has turned alot of Bruins fans soft.
    Posted by BlkGold67[/QUOTE]

So it sounds like you're beginning to question the organization?  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-Cowboy. Show Boston-Cowboy's posts

[QUOTE]I've been watching the Bruins for more than 30 years adnd I've never seen them WIN a meaningful overtime. In fact, I can't remember them winning a meaningful game 7 either. Nothing has changed. I've read some other posts here and  I noticed that grego84 is a great apologist. I'm guessing that you were born in 84 and therefore haven't been watching them as long as I have. Trust me on this, so long as the Bruins are owned by Delaware North and Jacobs, they won't win unless it's an accident. Delaware and Jacobs see the Bruins as a cash cow. They put in enough pieces to make them a threat, but never enough to put them over the top. Why should they? The seats are always full and adding the player(s) they need takes money away from the bottom line. They kept Harry Sinden in charge for years and don't get me started on his failures! My dream has always been to have enough money to buy the Bruins and hire Don Cherry for one day, for one task, and that is to FIRE Harry Sinden. Alas, it's never going to happen. Wake me up to the Bruins when they get that final piece of the puzzle. Til then, I'm speding my money elsewhere.

OK guys, I get he picture now, I think. Don't disparage the Bruins or suffer the consequences! Well, I'd rather suffer your wrath than keep quiet. Let me clear up some of the things I said.

First, first round and second round wins are not important, meaningful games or even series. Semis and finals are all that matters when you are trying to win championships. God knows losing in the finals hurts, "Too many men on the ice" if you're old enough to remember. If you aren't, then you have no idea what I'm talking about.

Second, I didn't say I wouldn't watch the Bruins, just that I won't spend money on them. I guess being a Sox fan has turned me into a masochist. I knew before the Bruins tied up game 7 that they weren't going to win if it went to overtime but I watched til the bitter end anyway, hoping against hope that I was wrong.

Third, the Bruins built great regular season teams in a lot of years but they can't get to the finals and the few times they do, they get swept (Oilers, anyone). If this was truly a winning organization, they would be in the semis and finals every year, not just the couple you pathetic apologists point out. Maybe that's enough for you, but with the other teams in Boston winning, I want my first love in sports to win too. Is that too much to ask?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackNGoldBlood. Show BlackNGoldBlood's posts

[QUOTE]OK guys, I get he picture now, I think. Don't disparage the Bruins or suffer the consequences! Well, I'd rather suffer your wrath than keep quiet. Let me clear up some of the things I said. First, first round and second round wins are not important, meaningful games or even series. Semis and finals are all that matters when you are trying to win championships. God knows losing in the finals hurts, "Too many men on the ice" if you're old enough to remember. If you aren't, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. Second, I didn't say I wouldn't watch the Bruins, just that I won't spend money on them. I guess being a Sox fan has turned me into a masochist. I knew before the Bruins tied up game 7 that they weren't going to win if it went to overtime but I watched til the bitter end anyway, hoping against hope that I was wrong. Third, the Bruins built great regular season teams in a lot of years but they can't get to the finals and the few times they do, they get swept (Oilers, anyone). If this was truly a winning organization, they would be in the semis and finals every year, not just the couple you pathetic apologists point out. Maybe that's enough for you, but with the other teams in Boston winning, I want my first love in sports to win too. Is that too much to ask?

Valid points for sure.  I also remember the 70s and "too many men on the ice," unfortunately.   And I definitely empathize with your anger and disgust.  

But I know I don't follow blindly.  For a good portion of the 90s I refused to support the Bruins - I would check out the standings but rarely watched them because I felt management made little or no effort to improve the team.  I started following them closely again a few years ago to see what this GM and coach can do. Personally, I like the progress I see, but I understand others don't feel the same.

I have no issues at all with anyone voicing positive or negative feelings. It's those who post pointless, idiotic blurbs who bother me.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] These B's fan's on here are too loyal I would like to see how they would react to the Pat's, Celtics ans Sox with the same record as the Bruin's?
    Posted by Canadianfan6[/QUOTE]

Read that statment "These B's fan's on here are too loyal" back to yourself a few times Canadienfan6! The Celtics have lost game 7s at the Garden more than few times after winning 60 + games in the regular season. Stayed Loyal!

The Pats have won 11, 12 games in the regular season before and been bounced early in the playoffs. Stayed Loyal! The Red Sox!? We all know the loyalty behind that fan base 86 years! Finishing regular seasons with 95 + wins Watched game 7s with the Sox leading and they lost! Stayed Loyal!

Staying Loyal again because the Bs have the right Nucleus to win just like some other teams in New England. Kinda getting used to this waiting around c r @ p,   being a red sox fan as well, anyway!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kennedy97. Show Kennedy97's posts

[QUOTE] First, first round and second round wins are not important, meaningful games or even series. Semis and finals are all that matters when you are trying to win championships. God knows losing in the finals hurts, "Too many men on the ice" if you're old enough to remember. If you aren't, then you have no idea what I'm talking about. Second, I didn't say I wouldn't watch the Bruins, just that I won't spend money on them. I guess being a Sox fan has turned me into a masochist. I knew before the Bruins tied up game 7 that they weren't going to win if it went to overtime but I watched til the bitter end anyway, hoping against hope that I was wrong. Third, the Bruins built great regular season teams in a lot of years but they can't get to the finals and the few times they do, they get swept (Oilers, anyone). If this was truly a winning organization, they would be in the semis and finals every year, not just the couple you pathetic apologists point out. Maybe that's enough for you, but with the other teams in Boston winning, I want my first love in sports to win too. Is that too much to ask?

-The Too Many Men on the Ice penalty was in the semi-finals, not the finals.
    -The Bruins were swept in the Finals once by the Oilers--the other series was 4-1. It should be noted that the Oilers demolished everyone they played in the Cup Finals between 1983-1990 by at least a 4 game to 1 series score (except their 4-3 win over Philly). In other words, getting smoked by Edmonton happened to pretty much everyone who played them in the Finals during that era, not just the Bruins.
    -Teams in the semis and finals every year? Detroit is the ONLY team that even remotely fits that description.

For all the hockey you allegedly have watched, you'd think you'd have gained some perspective.