4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Canbostondoit. Show Canbostondoit's posts

4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline

The GM's for these four teams will be a very busy man from this until next season.
    Out of these four teams which teams will make the playoffs I will pick the 2 western teams.
    But if any of these teams do make a playoff run could be possible buyers for prospects at deadline time.

These four teams i will be watching their progress through this season.

Stl Blues         4 UFA and 7 RFA

Atl Thrashers   6 UFA and 4 RFA

NYI Islanders   8 UFA and 7 RFA

Col Avalanche  6 UFA and 6 RFA

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline

Interesting.  I wonder how much rental players really matter - basically, I wonder if last year's cro(a)p was a sign of things to come.  The rental's getting squeezed by the declining market for veterans, the premium placed on prospects with EL contracts, and the general change in the game that makes young players' strength, enthusiasm and skill more of an advantage than their lack of experience is a liability.  The real kahunas will be players in their primes (with more and more UFAs coming on the market at 25-27) who you don't want to rent so much as acquire and re-sign - Kovalchuk and Hossa being the main examples.

Instead of renting someone else's veterans, I think you'll see more teams go the Satan route.  Wait until January or February to assess needs then pick up vets on cheap deals early enough for them to get into game shape and get their timing before the stretch drive and playoffs.  Worked pretty well for a while with Miro.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

None of these teams owners are willing to spend money but they do pretty job with there payroll except for Wang. It's hard to imagine the Islanders playing in Brooklyn or any where else for that matter but it might if Nassau County doesn't help Wang out.

The Islanders will eventually have a competitive but not for a few more years. Funny there still paying Yashin's contract. All these high draft picks will eventually get them somewhere they can't get any worse.

I don't think Craig Anderson will be able to withstand the barrage of shots he took last year. Another team who has a small budget to work with but they stay good and make the playoffs again.

Atlanta got tougher and are youg but didn't really address there goaltending situation. Me thinks the Thrashers will be in in Winnipeg by 2012.

I think St. Louis might make it back to the playoffs this year. Halak will help with that quite a bit. I don't think Tkachuk or Kariya will not be missed that much IMO like allot of other teams there going the way of youth movement. If they get off to a real good start I could see Davidson making some moves he's got the money to do it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

In Response to Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline:
    SanDog, I couldn't agree more.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

There oughta be a Wonderboys game, NAS version, to follow your...tonal range.  For example, today, Grady Tripp might wonder if a publisher reponded to a book sample with a meeting invitation - no promises, but a discussion - that's bleeding into your responses to most other things....

I mean, c'mon.  You and SanDog usually go at it like...bears and dogs.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from islamorada. Show islamorada's posts

In Response to Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline:
    In Response to Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline : There oughta be a Wonderboys game, NAS version, to follow your...tonal range.  For example, today, Grady Tripp might wonder if a publisher reponded to a book sample with a meeting invitation - no promises, but a discussion - that's bleeding into your responses to most other things.... I mean, c'mon.  You and SanDog usually go at it like...bears and dogs.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Leave angry dogs alone BB.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline : Leave angry dogs alone BB.
    Posted by islamorada

Ha Ha nice Isla LoL!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline : There oughta be a Wonderboys game, NAS version, to follow your...tonal range.  For example, today, Grady Tripp might wonder if a publisher reponded to a book sample with a meeting invitation - no promises, but a discussion - that's bleeding into your responses to most other things.... I mean, c'mon.  You and SanDog usually go at it like...bears and dogs.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Dang!  All I did was agree!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Exactly!  All you did was agree....

But now I'm not taking Isla's advice. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Exactly!  All you did was agree.... But now I'm not taking Isla's advice. 
    Posted by Bookboy007

I agree with SanDog often.  He can't stand me, and takes every opportunity given to attempt to rip me, but that's okay.  I can't please everyone.  Some people dislike my approach and/or my style.  When they do, and spend a decent amount of time attempting to discredit me or get under my skin, I understand.  It doesn't make me instantly do the same in return.  SanDog is a quality poster with some great, great hockey knowledge.  He is the exact opposite of Duinne.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 4 teams rebuilding but GM will be busy next off season/trade deadline : I agree with SanDog often.  He can't stand me, and takes every opportunity given to attempt to rip me, but that's okay.  I can't please everyone.  Some people dislike my approach and/or my style.  When they do, and spend a decent amount of time attempting to discredit me or get under my skin, I understand.  It doesn't make me instantly do the same in return.  SanDog is a quality poster with some great, great hockey knowledge.  He is the exact opposite of Duinne.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Something tells me I've seen a similar post like this before. Worked the last time maybe it'll work again. I do respect this type of post though. 

Sections
Shortcuts