9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade?

fwiw, don't shoot the messenger, chuckles (aka Eklund) says the B's are still in on this.....who would we part with?

I'll give Ference and a 2nd round draft pick.

In other words, I ain't really interested.

Burkie should send Kaberle to Vancouver for Bieksa, call it a wash.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlackandGold24. Show BlackandGold24's posts

Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade?

We would need to clear salary for this to work. Without giving up Ryder or Wheeler because then we potentially give up 40 goals and we are weak at wing. So I would give up Ference, Paille, and BOS 1st round pick. We give up an injury prone defenseman, a 4th liner, and a pick to get a PMD that PC wants so badly. He takes Wideman's place, but is also looks better than he really is because he gets paired with Chara. Much like Wideman, Boychuck, and Seidenberg. I don't think the Bruins are going to make a deal here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

According to Burke everyone is still in on Kaberle tick tock tick tock...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mannyortez3424. Show mannyortez3424's posts

Ryder and Ference for Kaberle and their 2012 1st rounder haha...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

Leafs fans are so delusional. I was reading the comments of one of the Kaberle stories on tsn. There are some leafs fans who think they could get bobby ryan for TK staight up. Another leafs fan prediction was TK to TB for Malone and Brett Connolly. The 2010 6th overall pick Brett Connolly

Those fans are going to be so dissapointed
    at what they get in return for Kaberle

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mdfbruins. Show mdfbruins's posts

No Deal!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

Ha, poor ole Burkie better get out his book on how to pump and dump effectively in the NHL.

Horse trading ain't what it used to be...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

Bafoon Burke strikes again.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

Kaberle is a pretty good asset to have and dumping him for something Burke deems inadequate wouldn't be what's best for his team. It's that simple. Besides, he can still trade him but would need the player's okay which may limit the number of trading partners but it's still feasible that a deal will happen - Perhaps at the trade deadline when some team desperate for a puck moving, good-on-the-powerplay defenseman offers better value than what Burke was seeing lately.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

In Response to Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade?:
    Kaberle is a pretty good asset to have and dumping him for something Burke deems inadequate wouldn't be what's best for his team. It's that simple. Besides, he can still trade him but would need the player's okay which may limit the number of trading partners but it's still feasible that a deal will happen - Perhaps at the trade deadline when some team desperate for a puck moving, good-on-the-powerplay defenseman offers better value than what Burke was seeing lately.  
    Posted by WalkTheLine

Remember how Sundin's scenario played out at the trade deadline . The no trade has kicked in and it's now Kaberle's decision. Depending on that, the Leafs might end up with the same value in return that the Hurricanes received for Ray Whitney if trying to put Kaberle back on the trade market.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from WalkTheLine. Show WalkTheLine's posts

In Response to Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade?:
    In Response to Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade? : Remember how Sundin's scenario played out at the trade deadline . The no trade has kicked in and it's now Kaberle's decision. Depending on that, the Leafs might end up with the same value in return that the Hurricanes received for Ray Whitney if trying to put kaberle back on the trade market.
    Posted by Chowdahkid-

True. Burke is gambling here for sure. He's definitely not afraid to take risks, eh?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Oppsss...  Looks like Kaberle's NTC kicked in again...

I am sure that NAS sees it differently, but looks like Burkie fails again...

Although rumour out of Toronto has it that Pittsburgh were offering Crosby, Malkin and their first round picks through 2011-2021...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Oppsss...  Looks like Kaberle's NTC kicked in again... I am sure that NAS sees it differently, but looks like Burkie fails again... Although rumour out of Toronto has it that Pittsburgh were offering Crosby, Malkin and their first round picks through 2011-2021...
    Posted by RMiller87

He didn't get what he wanted, so he is forced to keep his powerplay QB for the season.  Yeah, he failed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

I wonder how Kaberle feels having his GM openly shop him in the media for the last two years only to fail to make a deal when it mattered...

It's somewhat similar to when Burke also recently failed to sign prospect, Billy Sweatt...

After promising significant changes in the off season, all Burke delivered so far to Leafland was an overpriced Colby Armstrong and Kris Versteeg...

Fortunately, many Leaf fans are delusional and preparations for the annual Stanley Cup parade down Yonge Street are still underway...

But I strongly sense another lottery pick coming the Bruins' way in 2011...

Sean Courterier or Adam Larsson ?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade? : He didn't get what he wanted, so he is forced to keep his powerplay QB for the season.  Yeah, he failed.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Ah, there you are !

I get the fact that you have a man crush on Burkie the Turkey...

But don't you even see how this pompous gas bag loses credibility by making these ridiculous claims that he has some "significant offers" for one of his players on Friday and then back peddles from that claim a few days later by saying that the offers were never good enough by Sunday...

Now, watch Jurke (and his delusional Blue and White followers) claim how happy that they are to be keeping Kaberle in the Blue and White...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LoveRealHockey. Show LoveRealHockey's posts

Here's what I think, for what's it's worth:

1. While I think Burke is a good GM, I think he is too open with the media in terms of what he wants to do and how he wants to go about doing it.  I'm sure it doesn't sit well with some of the players and it definitely opens him up to criticism (which he doesn't seem to care about).   However, that has always been his style and your either love the guy or you hate him.  There's no shades of grey with Burke.  I'm glad his didn't make a trade for the sake of making a trade; which is what it was looking like for awhile.  He probably exaggerated the market for Kaberle to try and extract the best return i.e. he was doing his job, albeit with the usual and occassionally annoying Burke bravado.

2. The Leafs are much better off with Kaberle in the fold, than getting less then market value.  Kaberle is a top 'offensive' defenceman in a contract year.  I gotta believe he will have a good year so that it sets him up for the best possible contract (which may be his last depending on the length) with or without the Leafs.  He's great on the PP and if the he's paired with a good stay-at-home dman like Schenn it should help contain his defensive liabilities.  With Phaneuf on the Leafs, Kaberle can play a lot more under the radar which I think will make him more effective.  Kaberle and Phaneuf on the PP isn't the worst combination to have; certainly better than any dman combination the Bruins can offer on the powerplay.

3. If Kaberle has a great year, there will be opportunities to trade him at market value, provided he agrees to waive his NTC (which he would do if the $$ is right on a guaranteed extension as part of the deal).  A lot can happen during the season, injuries, teams needing that 1 player to get over the top etc.  Kaberle's current contract is not a salary cap crippler and would even be less if the trade is done sometime during the season or prior to the trading deadline.

Crystal ball:
    1. Kaberle will have a very good year and will extend with the Leafs for 3 more seasons  He will NOT be traded despite what Burke has said in the past.  Kaberle would prefer to stay in Toronto even with all the recent trade talk (poor fool...LOL)
    2. I think the Leafs trade 1 of Komisarek and/or Beuchamin instead.

Cheers

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Hey what time is the Burke press conference ? Brian usually likes to have one after he does someting big!

twitter.com/NotBrianBurke

"Ok, so I couldn't swing a deal for Kaberle. I did pick up a couple of 2nd-liners in July. Thats more than enough to get us a Cup now."

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Here's what I think, for what's it's worth: 1. While I think Burke is a good GM, I think he is too open with the media in terms of what he wants to do and how he wants to go about doing it.  I'm sure it doesn't sit well with some of the players and it definitely opens him up to criticism (which he doesn't seem to care about).   However, that has always been his style and your either love the guy or you hate him.  There's no shades of grey with Burke.  I'm glad his didn't make a trade for the sake of making a trade; which is what it was looking like for awhile.  He probably exaggerated the market for Kaberle to try and extract the best return i.e. he was doing his job, albeit with the usual and occassionally annoying Burke bravado. 2. The Leafs are much better off with Kaberle in the fold, than getting less then market value.  Kaberle is a top 'offensive' defenceman in a contract year.  I gotta believe he will have a good year so that it sets him up for the best possible contract (which may be his last depending on the length) with or without the Leafs.  He's great on the PP and if the he's paired with a good stay-at-home dman like Schenn it should help contain his defensive liabilities.  With Phaneuf on the Leafs, Kaberle can play a lot more under the radar which I think will make him more effective.  Kaberle and Phaneuf on the PP isn't the worst combination to have; certainly better than any dman combination the Bruins can offer on the powerplay. 3. If Kaberle has a great year, there will be opportunities to trade him at market value, provided he agrees to waive his NTC (which he would do if the $$ is right on a guaranteed extension as part of the deal).  A lot can happen during the season, injuries, teams needing that 1 player to get over the top etc.  Kaberle's current contract is not a salary cap crippler and would even be less if the trade is done sometime during the season or prior to the trading deadline. Crystal ball: 1. Kaberle will have a very good year and will extend with the Leafs for 3 more seasons  He will NOT be traded despite what Burke has said in the past.  Kaberle would prefer to stay in Toronto even with all the recent trade talk (poor fool...LOL) 2. I think the Leafs trade 1 of Komisarek and/or Beuchamin instead. Cheers
    Posted by LoveRealHockey

What trade ?

I don't think that there were any offers on Kaberle...

The guy is soft and at -16 is a defensive liability.

Burke and the TO media likely made the whole thing up...

There were never 10 teams bidding on Kaberle...

If they were, they were probably offering a fourth round pick seeing as Kaberle will likely walk at the end of the season as a UFA and sign with an Eastern contender.... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

Hey what time is the Burke press conference ? Brian usually likes to have one after he does someting big! twitter.com/NotBrianBurke "Ok, so I couldn't swing a deal for Kaberle. I did pick up a couple of 2nd-liners in July. Thats more than enough to get us a Cup now."
    Posted by SanDogBrewin

Hahahahahaha !

Maybe, Burkie can tell us all what he ate for breakfast...

Inquiring minds want to know.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHARAWINSTHENORRIS. Show CHARAWINSTHENORRIS's posts

Leafs fans are so delusional. I was reading the comments of one of the Kaberle stories on tsn. There are some leafs fans who think they could get bobby ryan for TK staight up. Another leafs fan prediction was TK to TB for Malone and Brett Connolly. The 2010 6th overall pick Brett Connolly Those fans are going to be so dissapointed at what they get in return for Kaberle
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Oh my god, are you serious? That's HILARIOUS! What next, Kaberle to the Pens for Crosby and two #1s? Kaberle to Washington for Ovechkin, Semin and a #1? These eff-ing Leaf fans are beyond delusional. They're funny.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RichmondHillOntario. Show RichmondHillOntario's posts

I don't think it should come as that big a surprise that Burke was unable to arrange a deal for Kaberle.  While Kaberle is a skilled, smooth-skating player, here in T. O. there is a tendency to over-estimate his value in terms of what the Leafs should expect in return. 

He's not exactly entering the prime of his career.  In recent years, Kaberle has often been the best player on some poor Leaf teams which may add to the perception of him perhaps being better than he really is. 

Again, he's as skilled a passer and skater as any defender in the league but I struggle to see him as a difference-maker type of player.  He is one of Burke's few attractive bargaining chips and doesn't hurt the Leafs by staying put.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from beantowngm15. Show beantowngm15's posts

I wonder how Kaberle feels having his GM openly shop him in the media for the last two years only to fail to make a deal when it mattered... It's somewhat similar to when Burke also recently failed to sign prospect, Billy Sweatt... After promising significant changes in the off season, all Burke delivered so far to Leafland was an overpriced Colby Armstrong and Kris Versteeg... Fortunately, many Leaf fans are delusional and preparations for the annual Stanley Cup parade down Yonge Street are still underway... But I strongly sense another lottery pick coming the Bruins' way in 2011... Sean Courterier or Adam Larsson ?
    Posted by RMiller87

We'll get a lottery pick, but it won't be another top 2.  We'll probably get the 3 or 4 pick.  If that happens, I hope we get Nugent-Hopkins or Peumpel.  Nugent-Hopkins is a gifted playmaker (as if we don't have a ton of those).  Last season's stats, 24-41-65.  Peumpel is a sniper who really would be a great fit on the left side for the Bruins.  His stats last year, 33-31-64.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade? : We'll get a lottery pick, but it won't be another top 2.  We'll probably get the 3 or 4 pick.  If that happens, I hope we get Nugent-Hopkins or Peumpel.  Nugent-Hopkins is a gifted playmaker (as if we don't have a ton of those).  Last season's stats, 24-41-65.  Peumpel is a sniper who really would be a great fit on the left side for the Bruins.  His stats last year, 33-31-64.
    Posted by beantowngm15

I find it very, very impressive that not only do you already know the outcome of the standings for the coming NHL season, you also know the outcome of the draft lottery.

You're amazing.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from NorthernBrewin. Show NorthernBrewin's posts

In Response to Re: 9.30pm Only 2.5 hours left on Kaberle watch, what's your wildest trade? : I find it very, very impressive that not only do you already know the outcome of the standings for the coming NHL season, you also know the outcome of the draft lottery. You're amazing.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Hey, if he can tell me this week's lotto numbers, it bloody well works for me!

Sections
Shortcuts