98.5 vs WEEI

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Birdcaron. Show Birdcaron's posts

98.5 vs WEEI

Great article...

http://bingobar.blogspot.com/

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

Re: 98.5 vs WEEI

98.5 kicks Weei's but. I am so glad I don't have to listen Dale/Holly/Fat show kiss the Boston Sports teams but any more!

Felgers interviews with Neely and PC are great!

I have never tuned back to Weei and never will!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyBruin. Show BradyBruin's posts

Couldn't stand EEI, couldn't listen to sports talk radio, but now 98.5 is always the first station I go to, granted Tanguay is a bit intolerable - but hearing him get so flustered is worth it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Used to be a religious listener of WEEI but since I found the sports hub have it locked in on my computer. They actualy talk hockey and don't kick callers off the air for wanting to talk hockey. WEEI also got rid of sheppard they lost all creadability......

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulyboy. Show paulyboy's posts

Agree with all of you as 98.5 has put eei in a tough spot. They took advantage of listeners for years with 2 minutes of commercials and bad attitudes from hosts.  98.5 talks hockey and I am very happy with the lineup of hosts..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

I hate Felger and would never listen to his show. I still listen to EEI all the time but my biggest problem is I find myself screaming at the radio during the Big show to stop interrupting callers and talking over each other. It can get extremely annoying at times. I don't get 98.5 here in RI but 103.7 comes in crystal clear.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

985 is awesome, toucher and rich, felger and mazz are the best shows.  felger grew on me, atleast he knows a little bit about hockey and generates hockey conversation and actually knows players on the roster instead of just talking sox and pats 24/7. Although zolak sounds like he still wears his letterman jackey and gives wedgies arounf the office like a jock who hasnt let the glory days go and tanguay doesn't know much about hockey its better then eei

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from montecristo. Show montecristo's posts

In Response to Re: 98.5 vs WEEI:
    Although zolak sounds like he still wears his letterman jackey and gives wedgies arounf the office like a jock who hasnt let the glory days go
    Posted by flave36

LOLOLOL, f'n classic. Hilarious.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

I hate weei when d&c are on talking about everything but sports...Dale & holley are ok but I usually switch to 98.5...Felger is a whiney little b1tch and although the big show has it's problems, it is still much better to listen to...If 98.5 spends too much time talking hockey, they will not last in this town...this is not canada...bruins are 4th in popularity and  if they spend too much time talking bruins their time on air will be short lived.  I miss hearing Pete Sheppard..98.5 should pick him up

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

I really enjoyed listening to EEI for years but their shtick does get old.. As a hockey fan, they have been notoriously weak in discussing that sport and even with their feeble attempts now, don't really excel in it. They used to be more entertaining with their callers and some of you guys are right in that they do tend to cut people off if they breach the hockey subject.. 

Converesly, I do like 98.5 now since they have some credibility with their hockey analysts and seem to let their callers make their points before shutting them down. Plus they come in clearly out in the western part of the state where I live..  EEI should fear losing fans now that there is a legitimate sports talk show that is equal to and in some ways, more entertaining than they are. Seems to me that both stations should talk about whatever their audience wants to talk about and not stay fixed on their agenda. I had enough of Eddie Andelmans Red Sox and his hot dog safari to last a life time..

Just my opinion..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Come on local you know you loved eddie A! Is he still alive?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from jalvis. Show jalvis's posts

i can't stand the pompus tanguay.  so i still listen to the dale & holley show.  but it's 98.5 other than that.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

Come on local you know you loved eddie A! Is he still alive?
    Posted by MILANlucic17

To be honest, I have no idea.. probably just retired but might not be vertical any more.. and he was OK back in the day..  His kid Dave Andelman created the Phantom Gourmet show.. Not sure what Eddie is doing these days but he was certainly very charitible...   He must've been the #1 Red Sox Fan on the planet thou.. couldn't talk about much more than that with him,,, His time has come and gone... I am more into the openess and variety of 98.5 now so life is good...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

got tired of Eddie towards the end but he is without the father of talk show radio

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

This is a hockey board and someone still listens to EEI? 0nly one on EEI who even gets hockey is Dale Arnold, and any time a hockey call comes in to Dale, watch how fast Holly turns it into a generic sports issue, and then boots it over to football.
    Posted by Ergoetal

Exactly why 98.5 is where one goes to listen to and engage in hockey talk..

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MILANlucic17. Show MILANlucic17's posts

Eddie did a lot for les fortunate you gota give him that.....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from GR2009. Show GR2009's posts

I couldnt stand going to work in the morning and listening to dennis and callahan and their stupid political show. The Big-O got old...I used to think felger was a db (he still might be) but this show is light-years better than anything on WEEI. Ive been listening for months and wont go back

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from negler41. Show negler41's posts

I can't stand WEEI, I never could. 

They're a bunch of arrogant idiots.  I couldn't wait for another show to appear in town and am psyched that 98.5 showed up. Even when the hosts on 98.5 completely disagree with the callers they at least show respect for their opinions. 

I always thought Deossie was a complete doosh and Ordway was nothing but a kiss-ass.

I don't necessarily agree with Felger all the time but he's at least entertaining.  DA kicks the living crap out of Planet Mikey.  No contest.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

But doesn't Mikeys new hair look nice? LOL.. Thank you Dr Leonard.. I think I will burn my monitor now so I don't have to deal with the ridicule for that comment...
    Not sure Dr Leonard is doing himself a favor by using Mikey as his spokesman.. he kinda looks like Dr Frankenstein did the hair transpant... NOT a handsome man... ( I kill me ) ...

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Used to be a religious listener of WEEI but since I found the sports hub have it locked in on my computer. They actualy talk hockey and don't kick callers off the air for wanting to talk hockey. WEEI also got rid of sheppard they lost all creadability......
    Posted by MILANlucic17

thye let go pete sheppard?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from polar123. Show polar123's posts

Agree on Shepperd. The only real fan in the bunch. Arnold likes to talk Hockey occasionally when the Bruins lose a few games in a row, or something bad like Cooke happens, but when Holly chimes in, it is too painful to listen. The new guy, DA on 98.5 at night at least spends a good amount of time discussing all areas of the Bruins, not just the latest fads. A nice change from what EEI has given us.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from flave36. Show flave36's posts

I hate weei when d&c are on talking about everything but sports...Dale & holley are ok but I usually switch to 98.5...Felger is a whiney little b1tch and although the big show has it's problems, it is still much better to listen to...If 98.5 spends too much time talking hockey, they will not last in this town...this is not canada...bruins are 4th in popularity and  if they spend too much time talking bruins their time on air will be short lived.  I miss hearing Pete Sheppard..98.5 should pick him up
    Posted by stillallbost08

Dude this is a hockey board, we want them to talk hockey.  And its seems like people want to hear hockey talk. Its a lot better then hearing about Adriene Beltre slip on a baseball or if Tom Brady went for a run today.  The Bruins are in the middle of a playoff push so they are relevant. Sheppard knows zip about hockey, go down to a local bar on sunday and listen to the loudest guy in the bar kiss up to belechik if you want to hear pete.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from xenimus. Show xenimus's posts

Agree with all of you as 98.5 has put eei in a tough spot. They took advantage of listeners for years with 2 minutes of commercials and bad attitudes from hosts.  98.5 talks hockey and I am very happy with the lineup of hosts..
    Posted by paulyboy

My top shows for both stations:

1) Dale & Holley - WEEI
    2) Felger & Mazz - 98.5 The Sports Hub
    3) DA Show - 98.5 The Sports Hub
    4) The Big Show - WEEI
    5) Toucher & Rich - 98.5 The Sports Hub
    6) Planet Mikey - WEEI
    7) Dennis & Callahan - WEEI
    8) Zolak & Tanguay - 98.5 The Sports Hub

So i'm about even in terms of what i listen to. It just depends whose one at what time for me. I still like WEEI a lot, although i think it was a mistake letting go Pete Sheppard... Maybe signing on with 98.5 The Sports Hub???

The guy they should of let go should of been Callahan but he gets a lot of high ratings due to his "on-edge" opinions and comments.

Will miss you Pete!!!!

Sections
Shortcuts