1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

A beautiful future

With a 1/2 team of young prospects such as :

Forwards :        Colborne    Hamill    Caron
                          Sauvé       Arneil    Marchand

Defensemens :      Cross       Alexandrov

Goalies :               Rask          Hutchison

8 first and second draft picks for 2010-2011 

The bruins have the NHL most beautiful future.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Peanator. Show Peanator's posts

Re: A beautiful future

In Response to A beautiful future:
    With a 1/2 team of young prospects such as : Forwards :        Colborne    Hamill    Caron                       Sauvé       Arneil    Marchand Defensemens :      Cross       Alexandrov Goalies :               Rask          Hutchison 8 first and second draft picks for 2010-2011  The bruins have the NHL most beautiful future.
    Posted by BlueChip99

I'm agree with you BlueChip99 ! A really nice future for our B's ! I have a question : Wich one will graduate in first except Rask ? My choices : Caron or Colborne because of their size. Hamill dont impress me since the beginnig of the camp. A small player who play a small game. Good hands but he miss something to this guy for the NHL. What do you think about this ?

Have a great season. Only 4 days ! ! ! ! ! Bruins 3 - Caps 2 and a great game by Thomas...it's my prediction for game 1.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

Don't forget Ryan Button on defense. He looked quite impressive at rookie camp.

Drafting and development is what has put the Red Wings where they are, and the Bruins are deliberately following their model. It's always been the recipe for long-term success, but with the salary cap in place, it's become even more critical.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: A beautiful future:
    In Response to A beautiful future : I'm agree with you BlueChip99 ! A really nice future for our B's ! I have a question : Wich one will graduate in first except Rask ? My choices : Caron or Colborne because of their size. Hamill dont impress me since the beginnig of the camp. A small player who play a small game. Good hands but he miss something to this guy for the NHL. What do you think about this ? Have a great season. Only 4 days ! ! ! ! ! Bruins 3 - Caps 2 and a great game by Thomas...it's my prediction for game 1.
    Posted by Peanator

Hamill is still very young and spent most of last season recovering from hand surgery. But if you watch him play a few games, you'll see why the B's are so high on him -- he's a playmaker in the Krejci mold. Remember it took Krejci a while to develop as well; he spent significant time in Providence.

Caron is a solid talent but needs to work on his game, including his skating - he's still pretty raw. I'd say this year in Juniors and next in the AHL, unless he progresses very rapidly. Colbourne will probably be in the AHL next year as well. His size is impressive, but from what I saw at rookie camp, it's going to take him a while to learn how to use it. And Blake Wheeler is Exhibit A when it comes to first-year pros in the NHL - most of them need that AHL seasoning.

As Yoda would say, Patience you must have. ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from elosias. Show elosias's posts

Hamill seems like a really smart playmaker with good vision, I figure he could learn a lot from Savvy who is of a simialar stature.  I really like Marchand.  He seems like a pretty well rounded forward.  I figure we'll see Hamill, Marchand & Cross at some point during the next 82 dressed for the bigs.  Providence definately ain't hurting that's for sure.

Now, would Fata stay with the baby B's in case of injury on the blueline?  I figure he's going to be a real leader for the kids.  Who would get called first?  Fata the veteran or one of the kids?

The future does indeed look bright, but I've said that every year, lol.  I like what we've got.

Go Bergy Go!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BlueChip99. Show BlueChip99's posts

In Response to A beautiful future : I'm agree with you BlueChip99 ! A really nice future for our B's ! I have a question : Wich one will graduate in first except Rask ? My choices : Caron or Colborne because of their size. Hamill dont impress me since the beginnig of the camp. A small player who play a small game. Good hands but he miss something to this guy for the NHL. What do you think about this ? Have a great season. Only 4 days ! ! ! ! ! Bruins 3 - Caps 2 and a great game by Thomas...it's my prediction for game 1.
    Posted by Peanator

The first one  to advance will be probably Marchand or Hamill

The better will be  Colborne

But the biggest  surprise will be Sauvé:  Despite his small size he`s a very skilled player, extremely quick, the hockey sense, and more he has a good  professor in John Francois Sauvé, his father and former NHL player.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

Don't forget Ryan Button on defense. He looked quite impressive at rookie camp. Drafting and development is what has put the Red Wings where they are, and the Bruins are deliberately following their model. It's always been the recipe for long-term success, but with the salary cap in place, it's become even more critical.
    Posted by duinne

This is why the next CBA should have some sort of clause that states any player you draft should not fully apply against the cap. 
    It's not fair for a team to be penalized for drafting well (i.e. Bruins, Wings, Hawks etc..)  . The cap is a big restriction which I do agree with and brings in parity but a system to penalize a team for good drafting.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JWensink. Show JWensink's posts

Posted by Peanator

ThE PeAnAtOr !
      is back!!!

Where have you been?  I'm with you regarding Hamill, although there are some here who will disagree with us. Small and soft is not such a good combination for the NHL. I have been impressed with Sobotka, Marchand, and Boychuk.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

In Response to Re: A beautiful future :        ThE PeAnAtOr !   is back!!! Where have you been?  I'm with you regarding Hamill, although there are some here who will disagree with us. Small and soft is not such a good combination for the NHL. I have been impressed with Sobotka, Marchand, and Boychuk.
    Posted by JWensink

Don't let Hamill's looks deceive you. He's undersized and has to get stronger, but he's not soft, not by a long shot. He'll throw himself into any play with (controlled) abandon, and plays his position well defensively. He's not a human bowling ball like Marchand, but he shouldn't try to be. Krejci isn't either, and he does just fine.  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fireballer58. Show fireballer58's posts

Lets remember we have guys who are just as young playing in the NHL right now like Lucic, Wheeler, Krejci, Huniwck, Stuart, Bitz, Bergeron, and Rask.

Sections
Shortcuts