A FIGHT WILL BE USELESS

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

A FIGHT WILL BE USELESS

You drop the gloves, you lose an edge, you end up on your a ss and the refs break it up. No satisfaction if you want revenge.

The purpose of this thread is to make the point that fighting is fun for about a minute, but doesn't hurt the guy who doesn't want to be fighting, because ending a fight is too easy. Unless Cooke gets knocked out cold, which will not happen (maybe he should fake it), there is no revenge in fighting, even though I, with everyone else, wouldn't mind seeing it. But to hear people going on about how dropping the golves will be the perfect revenge is laughable to me.

What's left? A win, and a whole bunch of hard hitting that does not get anyone suspended.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

Re: A FIGHT WILL BE USELESS

All i'm hoping for is Cooke obliges Thornton or Lucic and the Bruins get the 2 points. I do not want the B's to go into Sunday with a must win I'd rather have some more cushion. Boo Hoo Wheeler is out tonight Theory.... Tongue out

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from huscroft28. Show huscroft28's posts

In Response to Re: A FIGHT WILL BE USELESS:
    gotta fight, thats the code
    Posted by pbergeron37

Do we really think Cooke plays by the code?  Ulf Samuellson?  Dale Hunter?  There's no petulance in the code ... so players like Cooke don't play by it.  The only way to remove players like Cooke is to remove the instigator rule and let the game enforce itself as it once did.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheoryNeutral. Show TheoryNeutral's posts

Code, yes. But you tell me, honestly. How satisfied are you going to feel after a 9-second fight where Cooke isn't bleeding or hurting, and he goes down because he lost his balance?

In a perfect world, there's no instigator rule, and Cooke is administered a traumatizing beating in a back alley.

Yeah, Wheeler will be missed-- never thought I'd hear myself saying that, Dawg!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeanE. Show MeanE's posts

You are absolutely right Theory.  However, there are only 2 linesman and there are 12 players on the ice at one time.  If everyone drops the mitts, it is a lot harder to break up the fight and a lot of damage can be done!  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from davecarr. Show davecarr's posts

Don't expect a Thornton - Cooke fight. At least, not according to Thornton:

Fred Toucher asked if Cooke would fight, Thornton responded, “Depends on who it is.” Thornton went on to talk about Cooke’s history of turtling when he knew he couldn’t win. Toucher followed that question up by asking Shawn if Matt Cooke would fight him. “No.”

http://cameronfrye.wordpress.com/2010/03/18/matt-cooke-wont-fight-shawn-thornton/

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Kurako. Show Kurako's posts

Cooke won't fight. The best we can hope for is he gets taken out by a massive (clean) hit. In an ideal world I'd like to see:

1. Bruins win convincingly

2. Cooke leave the game with his nose splattered across his face

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

All of the above Kurako All of the above!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

T Minus 90 minutes and counting to the showdown..

But.. I am afraid that on very few occasions have games lived up to their advanced billing and this one may fall into that category when all is said and done..

I respectfully disagree that a fight would be useless ... Fighting has long been a tradition in the NHL and has its place. The intimidation factor often buys players space which ultimately leads to scoring.  Comradery is built around players covering each others backs.. and fighting someone under those terms promotes team chemistry and bonding.  There is value in that despite some nay sayers suggesting that fighting should be stricken from the game..  A timely fight now and then can turn a game around.   Hope that the B's use their head and go about this right.. Sure, someone ought to challenge Cooke but as many poster before me know.. Cooke will probably just turtle so don't expect anything significant to be gained by that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

"IF" Cooke obliges, he will likely grab anything and everything so that it's over quickly.  Would love to see someone he's not expecting to drop the gloves and hammer him, he'd never see it coming from Rechi or Wheeler.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

"IF" Cooke obliges, he will likely grab anything and everything so that it's over quickly.  Would love to see someone he's not expecting to drop the gloves and hammer him, he'd never see it coming from Rechi or Wheeler.
    Posted by Nolakanookie

Be pretty amazing if it came from Wheeler since he's out tonight.. But I hearya.. someone he isn't expecting payback to come from would be a nice way to set him up to drop him.. What say, Tim Thomas comes off the bench ( assuming they start Rask tonight) and mugs him?  LOL.. Cooke gets run over by a tank.. I can see it now..( OK.. that won't happen ) bet Cookes shaking in his socks right now.. fear of the unknown...

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

is pj axelson available?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucaooo. Show lucaooo's posts

If he falls on the floor on purpose they should still punch him.  If he can't respect the code why should the Bruins have any pity for him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie. Show Nolakanookie's posts

In Response to Re: A FIGHT WILL BE USELESS : Be pretty amazing if it came from Wheeler since he's out tonight.. But I hearya.. someone he isn't expecting payback to come from would be a nice way to set him up to drop him.. What say, Tim Thomas comes off the bench ( assuming they start Rask tonight) and mugs him?  LOL.. Cooke gets run over by a tank.. I can see it now..( OK.. that won't happen ) bet Cookes shaking in his socks right now.. fear of the unknown...
    Posted by SupportLocal81

Found out about Wheeler after I posted, oops!  How 'bout Marchand?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mikzor. Show mikzor's posts

Ulf Samuellson for all intents and purposes ended (or at the very least shortened significantly) the career of the greatest right wing in the history of the Bruins, if not the league, with a check to the knee. He never paid a price. It will be no different tonight.

Sections
Shortcuts