A fit for TT in SJose?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BattlingB. Show BattlingB's posts

A fit for TT in SJose?

Now that the Sharks have been bounced out again and Nabokov looked like a semi-sieve I wouldnt' be suprised to see the Sharks at least inquire about Tim Thomas.  He's "relatively" affordable as a #1 goalie compared to others making roughly 6 million per and I'm sure the B's would much rather send him West than keep him in the East.  I realize Thomas has a NTC but I'd think he'd move it for a chance to play on a contender as opposed to sitting on our bench playing 20-30 games next year.  Not sure what we'd ask for but if he'd go I would't ask for much..the cap savings alone would get us a solid backup goalie (Biron etc?) and we could use the rest to upgrade at F or sign the D men we want to retain.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from canubthatdumb. Show canubthatdumb's posts

Re: A fit for TT in SJose?

No way Thomas goes to a west coast or Canadian team plain and simple....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wil39. Show wil39's posts

I think TT will be in Boston at the start of the year, possibly all year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nitemare-38. Show nitemare-38's posts

In Response to Re: A fit for TT in SJose?:
    I think TT will be in Boston at the start of the year, possibly all year.
    Posted by wil39

Wel if Rask last four starts is any idication on how he plays in the future. The Sharks can have him!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ocram. Show ocram's posts

couldnt see why SJ would trade for a 35 year old goalie coming off an injury with a 5 million dollar cap hit.  There are many cheaper (maybe better?)  alternatives  than Thomas available July 1

Thomas is a Bruin in 2010-2011.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

ocram,

you beat me to the punch....you are 100% correct.  This yrs ufa market for goalies is likely the deepest of all time.  With tha many goalies and so few teams that need starters it will be a buy low market...there are a lot of quality goalies on the market...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shuperman. Show shuperman's posts

bruins,

salary cap...look at the list of available UFA goalies...why not attempt to sign one of them...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from east-westBsfan. Show east-westBsfan's posts

I'm not taking sides here, but imo TT's best game all season was against the sharks 2-1. Thomas stole that one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SupportLocal81. Show SupportLocal81's posts

you guys are so blind . you think because the globe blasted thomas from opening day. that all these other goalies turcco and such are better then thomas get off the drugs. thomas if he was healthy would have been the most sought after goalie . now it will have to wait until his comeback next year. Heres my prediction thomas comes back plays great in camp rask plays mediorce clod benches tt gives rask the job anyway  . Thomas demands trade after filling in with a 3-1 record with a 9.30 save percentage and 2.00 gaa 2 mts into the season  rask record 7-11 890 save percentage 2.60 gaa clod refuses to name thomas starter . thomas is traded leads a team to the stanley cup bruins miss the playoffs for the first time in 4 yrs . 
    Posted by bruinsking
    I don't know about your numbers but the general concept may be very close to what may materialize.. Kind of reminds me of Mike Lowell and the Red Sox situation..   But I too, can see next year playing out something close to what you've described..  

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

http://www.sportscity.com/nhl/2010-nhl-unrestricted-free-agents-by-position/

I would have said that San Jose ,before the Hip/Labrum operation, would've been a great likely spot for TT to land not so much after the procedure now.

Not impressed by the list of free agents at all I see one starter Nabokov and he is not going back to San Jose.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SoxFanInIL. Show SoxFanInIL's posts

you guys are so blind . you think because the globe blasted thomas from opening day. that all these other goalies turcco and such are better then thomas get off the drugs. thomas if he was healthy would have been the most sought after goalie . now it will have to wait until his comeback next year. Heres my prediction thomas comes back plays great in camp rask plays mediorce clod benches tt gives rask the job anyway  . Thomas demands trade after filling in with a 3-1 record with a 9.30 save percentage and 2.00 gaa 2 mts into the season  rask record 7-11 890 save percentage 2.60 gaa clod refuses to name thomas starter . thomas is traded leads a team to the stanley cup bruins miss the playoffs for the first time in 4 yrs . 
    Posted by bruinsking

Could you possibly be more clueless?  Its the Globe's fault because TT was so awful all season long that he couldnt keep his job despite that undeserved "vezina" they gave him for his warm n fuzzy story?  All you can do to defend Terrible TT is harp against Rask.  Of course, your precious stats arent all that convenient when you look at Rasks this year.   But I'm not a Rask defender, even if he did had more skill at 19 than TT has had in his entire career.  The fact is no matter how awful TT was this year, there's always clueless "fans" like this that blame the Globe, Dennis Wideman, or Lee Harvey Oswald for goals TT gave up that could have been stopped by an 8 year old mite goalie. 

There is no chance the B's trade the rotting carcass of Tim Thomas, because essentially every FA on the market is a better goalie, and all the GMs know it.  Who in their right might trade for the overacting broken down locker room problem who's paid 5 times what he's worth??? No one.  We are stuck with him.

Actually, San Jose would be a perfect place for him.  With no informed hockey fans at all out there, there's will be tons of pink hatted fans like this poster who will be thrilled by TTs diving and spinning and flailing like an electrocuted flounder on the simplest of shots, and then when they score on the unprotected empty net after another terrible rebound, they can all say "aaaaaawww, but what a saaaaave."

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from biggskye. Show biggskye's posts

Wow soxfan...Did TT turn you down for a date?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pucman. Show pucman's posts

ill take alex auld & seidenberg for the 5 mill cap money thomas has & a 2nd rd pick from tampa bay for thomas.....thats from a bruins fan not a tim thomas basher!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chowdahkid-. Show Chowdahkid-'s posts

Wow soxfan...Did TT turn you down for a date?
    Posted by biggskye

Probably because TT already has a date...........bruinsking. On a serious note I am happy to have both goalies and the the only reason I'd want TT traded would be to ease the cap . Otherwise keep them both. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from notacryingwino. Show notacryingwino's posts

In Response to Re: A fit for TT in SJose? : Could you possibly be more clueless?  Its the Globe's fault because TT was so awful all season long that he couldnt keep his job despite that undeserved "vezina" they gave him for his warm n fuzzy story?  All you can do to defend Terrible TT is harp against Rask.  Of course, your precious stats arent all that convenient when you look at Rasks this year.   But I'm not a Rask defender, even if he did had more skill at 19 than TT has had in his entire career.  The fact is no matter how awful TT was this year, there's always clueless "fans" like this that blame the Globe, Dennis Wideman, or Lee Harvey Oswald for goals TT gave up that could have been stopped by an 8 year old mite goalie.  There is no chance the B's trade the rotting carcass of Tim Thomas, because essentially every FA on the market is a better goalie, and all the GMs know it.  Who in their right might trade for the overacting broken down locker room problem who's paid 5 times what he's worth??? No one.  We are stuck with him. Actually, San Jose would be a perfect place for him.  With no informed hockey fans at all out there, there's will be tons of pink hatted fans like this poster who will be thrilled by TTs diving and spinning and flailing like an electrocuted flounder on the simplest of shots, and then when they score on the unprotected empty net after another terrible rebound, they can all say "aaaaaawww, but what a saaaaave."
    Posted by SoxFanInIL
    You win the idiot of the year award. How can a goalie with a .915 G.A.A and a2.50 G.A.A be terrible? The fact is Thomas played great in the first half including a stretch where he gave up five goals in six games and got one win. Also a shoot out one -zip loss. While I understand the low I q`s in Illinois tops the nation you take the cake. You dont no chit about goaltending or hockey. Tukka failed plain and simple. The biggest choke not only in hockey history but in the history of sports. Thomas with one leg would have lead the Bruins past Philly easily. Rask has done nothing or proved nothing in his short career. One good half a regular season while Thomas has won two all star games and a Vezina. So give up the terrible crud on every post you idiot!!!!!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

In Response to Re: A fit for TT in SJose? : You win the idiot of the year award. How can a goalie with a .915 G.A.A and a2.50 G.A.A be terrible? The fact is Thomas played great in the first half including a stretch where he gave up five goals in six games and got one win. Also a shoot out one -zip loss. While I understand the low I q`s in Illinois tops the nation you take the cake. You dont no chit about goaltending or hockey. Tukka failed plain and simple. The biggest choke not only in hockey history but in the history of sports. Thomas with one leg would have lead the Bruins past Philly easily. Rask has done nothing or proved nothing in his short career. One good half a regular season while Thomas has won two all star games and a Vezina. So give up the terrible crud on every post you idiot!!!!!!!
    Posted by notacryingwino

I don't agree.Tukka didn't fail.Overall, he actually had a very good rookie year.While Tukka didn't quite play as well in the Philly series as he did against Buffalo ,I don't think he was the principal reason we lost.He played well in game 6,good enough to win.It's debatable as to whether Thomas  playing  could have been a different story.I don't think TT played as bad as many people think he did this year but Rask clearly was the better goalie, overall.TT's last few games in particular  were very bad performances and Julien had no choice but to give Rask a shot and Rask got hot. TT actually would be the perfect backup/maybe no.1 goalie for the Bruins if he wasn't making 5 mill a year.With his injury and the glut of available goalies out there,I think the B's best option is to keep him at least for the first couple of months just in case Rask's play slips and to increase TT's market value if he can get his game back. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevegm. Show stevegm's posts

In Response to Re: A fit for TT in SJose? : I don't agree.Tukka didn't fail.Overall, he actually had a very good rookie year.While Tukka didn't quite play as well in the Philly series as he did against Buffalo ,I don't think he was the principal reason we lost.He played well in game 6,good enough to win.It's debatable as to whether Thomas  playing  could have been a different story.I don't think TT played as bad as many people think he did this year but Rask clearly was the better goalie, overall.TT's last few games in particular  were very bad performances and Julien had no choice but to give Rask a shot and Rask got hot. TT actually would be the perfect backup/maybe no.1 goalie for the Bruins if he wasn't making 5 mill a year.With his injury and the glut of available goalies out there,I think the B's best option is to keep him at least for the first couple of months just in case Rask's play slips and to increase TT's market value if he can get his game back. 
    Posted by DallasSmith

Pretty much agree Dallas, however, TT's play when he got benched, imo, was fairly comparable to Tuuka's against Philly.  Goalies get hot, then they cool off, then the process starts again.  That's why I feel they're a good tandem.  They've both shown the ability to steal games.  The only logical question in my my mind is this.  Can either be expected to continue?
    On a side note, I was quite critical of CJ, for not putting TT in for the latter part of game 4, and depending on his play, coming back with him in game 5.  We now know TT was injured.  This injury speaks volumes about how things went down over the last month, and makes it vey unclear to this poster, how management views the goalie situation, and how they'll handle things moving forward.
    Having said that, I'm more comfortable with the status quo, then I am moving TT at this point.  Rask is young, and I don't feel a really heavy workload will help his development.  Think things will become a little clearer after Christmas.    

Sections
Shortcuts