A loss but a bunch of positives

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Orrthebest. Show Orrthebest's posts

I hate to disagree but Pits minus Gonchar and Whitney is not one of the best teams in the league. Our offense was playing well until Claude changed up our lines,I am not sure what he was thinking.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DallasSmith. Show DallasSmith's posts

Kessel was awesome in the 3rd period,his skating ability is phenomenal.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from coachparker. Show coachparker's posts

The Bruins lead the league in "positive losses"

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from daPope. Show daPope's posts

While better than it has been in a while, The B's aren't there yet; or even close to it. Unless something changes during the rest of the year we will still be a middle of the pack team.
    The defense it better, but only slightly. Chara is capable of better play. He gets all tangled up near the net and gives away chances. Chances that far too often end up in goals. He plays his best away from the crease and on the power play when he can stretch out and use his Lurch like body to good advantage. The rest of the backline is OK, but no real winners there.
    The offense is much the same. Bergeron can't find the net and Kessel plays in spurts. Savard plays good when he isn't looking at the Jumbotron or raising his hand heading for the bench...watch him for a game. One thing Julien (and all the other coaches in the world) do is not play the 4th line enough. They are here and they are capable (especially our last liners) of producing and giving the "stars" a rest.
    I don't think Timmy or Manny play badly, but they get left holding their cups far too often. How many pucks whistled through the crease last night? A dozen or two at least. Those guys must have heart rates up in the 200's every time the other team crosses the blue line.
    Other than that and the trap being like watching the prelims at a tennis match it was a pretty fair game. Our Elmer Fudd look-a-like coach really needs to let the lines play together, open up the offense, and let the 4th line in more than 6 minutes a game. Of course this is the "new" NHL and the Bruins are owned by another cartoon impersonater from the Simpsons.
    Lets see. We have Pepe Le Pew (Savard), Lurch, our coach Elmer, Calvin (Kessel), CJ Burns our owner, and Ally Oop our goalie...perhaps this is the problem.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ohno1957. Show ohno1957's posts

[Quote]See,this is one of the problem with shootouts...is that you call it a loss which is a negative. We played one of the best teams and TIED THEM!!! Yes I'm angry....I despise this rule.Why don't we see who can skate the fastest or do the nicest figure 8s? A shootout is an extension of a rare play called a penalty shot. Should we decide basketball games with free throws? I have tickets to see them in January so I'm no casual fan and feel my opinion is important. Whtever happened to the phrases of unbeaten streaks or winless streaks? Really I wish all true hockey fans nationwide would leave the building when this ticky-tack format is beginning,just as I do![/Quote] could not have said it any better...i was there but left after the overtime (which i can give or take) the invention of the shoot-out was for the fans in the southern states who don,t know hockey, and couldn,t understand the premise of a tie game!! ( does soccer sound familar)....BORING...........

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gardensupportor. Show Gardensupportor's posts

[Quote]The Bruins lead the league in "positive losses"[/Quote]

No kidding! I have never seen so many "fans" (I wont use the other word) who are more then happy with a loss. So much for expecting/demanding excellence from your team. Too many fans with "ho hum, at least they tried tonight" attitude.

Sections
Shortcuts