a new & improved concern

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

a new & improved concern

I may be the only one, but the Bruins defense scares hell out of me.  Right now with Boychuck on the shelf, we have exactly two defensemen that don't make me groan when i see them jumping over the boards- Chara and Stuart, and tonight it's almost like stupidity and defensive-zone give-aways are begining to rub off on Stuart- he's having a horrible game.  The B's are winning so i don't want to be too critical- but i've been seeing a lot of giveaways in our zone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Re: a new & improved concern

Feel free to check out how many goals the Bruins have given up since Boychuk was lost, then come on back and delete this post.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MDsizzle. Show MDsizzle's posts

Ya, our D is lookin pretty suspect so far, heck we almost gave up a second odd man rush tonight. I'm too sure how long TT is going to be able to carry our struggling team!

PC, trade Seguin for pronger before we are out of the playoffs!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dc-bruins-fan. Show dc-bruins-fan's posts

The Bruins defense has been scary good this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beezfan4life. Show Beezfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: a new & improved concern:
    [QUOTE]Feel free to check out how many goals the Bruins have given up since Boychuk was lost, then come on back and delete this post.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Not sure if buddys watching the same team we are?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hunwick made some excellent moves on D tonight.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]Hunwick made some excellent moves on D tonight.
    Posted by CarolinaClamMan[/QUOTE]

Agreed, he looked much better tonight.  And there are no problems with the Bruins D, it has been amazing.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from lucfan. Show lucfan's posts

[QUOTE]Feel free to check out how many goals the Bruins have given up since Boychuk was lost, then come on back and delete this post.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]I  don't need to I can coun't how many times hunny-ferrence-sidenberg go into a corner with the puck and either have it taken away from from them or just give it away.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TimThomas-god. Show TimThomas-god's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a new & improved concern : I  don't need to I can coun't how many times hunny-ferrence-sidenberg go into a corner with the puck and either have it taken away from from them or just give it away.
    Posted by lucfan[/QUOTE]

How many times did they do that tonight?  Not like it really matters, because the Bruins came out of Ottawa with a 4-0 win.  The D isn't flashy but it get's the job done. 

Hunwick has been getting better (slowly, but he's still improving), Ference has been solid and injury-free, and Seidenberg is returning to his 10-11 form.  No need to panic, the Bruins are 5-2.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a new & improved concern : I  don't need to I can coun't how many times hunny-ferrence-sidenberg go into a corner with the puck and either have it taken away from from them or just give it away.
    Posted by lucfan[/QUOTE] 4 to 0 win, what game where you watching?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from POWERSURGE. Show POWERSURGE's posts

Boston is number in the NHL with a goal against/ per game average of 1.38. Lets pretend that the season openener against Phoenix didn't happened; and the GA/G is a minuscule 0.86!
    Thomas is a major reason for this, but the D have been improving and are not letting the opposition get a good look at Thomas, especially in the last 2 games.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

[QUOTE]Boston is number in the NHL with a goal against/ per game average of 1.38. Lets pretend that the season openener against Phoenix didn't happened; and the GA/G is a minuscule 0.86! Thomas is a major reason for this, but the D have been improving and are not letting the opposition get a good look at Thomas, especially in the last 2 games.
    Posted by POWERSURGE[/QUOTE]

Correct!

Let's also remember that more money is spent on forwards and the Bruins forwards backcheck like crazy.  That's why they are happy to have Nathan Horton and not Phil Kessel.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Teddytheo. Show Teddytheo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a new & improved concern : Correct! Let's also remember that more money is spent on forwards and the Bruins forwards backcheck like crazy.  That's why they are happy to have Nathan Horton and not Phil Kessel.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot[/QUOTE]
    Fully agree with you about Horton vs Kessel.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: a new & improved concern : How many times did they do that tonight?  Not like it really matters, because the Bruins came out of Ottawa with a 4-0 win.  The D isn't flashy but it get's the job done.  Hunwickhas been getting better (slowly, but he's still improving), Ference has been solid and injury-free, and Seidenberg is returning to his 10-11 form.  No need to panic, the Bruins are 5-2.
    Posted by TimThomas-god[/QUOTE]

He has been better, playing simple , no flash and noticeably not making mistakes.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wallydouglas. Show wallydouglas's posts

The Bruins D certainly have come together and despite the hun/ferrence debate they also are beggining to perform better. I am certain TT would agree on the D playing well.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Cannot agree more on the D playing better. Seids has been very, very good, and Hunwick is playing better. I am still suspect on Ference as in his pass to no one in the Toronto game, giving Phaneuf a free shot, and I still feel that Chara seems to start a game, like last night, slowly and with some very suspect passes, or just skates up, never passes and halts the entire team at the blue line. He gets better usually, but still gives me concerns, and , I'm not so sure that Houda will point out any problems.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Chara is not a rushing defenseman.  Read Bogie's post and had this flash of the numerous Chara rushes like his late-third period foray last night where he skated the puck to the offensive blueline, but then had no plan, lost the puck, and so was behind the play on the return rush.  The D as a whole was solid last night.  They blocked or deflected half a dozen passes that would have been sure goals, and I saw few really bad passes.

Not much of a physical game last night.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bluefox70. Show bluefox70's posts

The defense carried them last year and might be the best D in the NHL last year.

This is a stupid thread. Everybody knows the B's need offense and it looks like they have found some jewels in Horton, Sequin and Caron.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

If you look for mistakes in a defense you are always going to find a few. No team plays absolutely flawless defense for an entire game. It's impossible.

The key is to minimize the mistakes, recover when you can, and leave the rest to your goalie. Which the Bruins are doing. Anyone complaining after a 4-0 win is just looking for something to moan about. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Granted he got off to a bit of a slow start, but if you don't think Seidenberg's a good D-man, you don't know much about hockey.