Aaron Asham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

Re: Aaron Asham

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham:
    I would rather have asham on the team then have re-signed recchi
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

WHAT??? You're father needs to take away your computer for a while... did you even watch the Bruins last season? Recchi worked harder (and showed more heart) than anyone!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham : WHAT??? You're father needs to take away your computer for a while... did you even watch the Bruins last season? Recchi worked harder (and showed more heart) than anyone!
    Posted by Bruinfaninnewjersey

Your entitled to your opinion and Im entitled to mine. Im tired of watching Recchi play a top 3 forward role. Knowing Claude, that probably won't change. We need youth, speed, and size. Recchi is 43, he isnt big, and he's as fast as a turtle. Id rether have someone younger. BTW I watched every Bruins game last season

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MacV. Show MacV's posts

McQuaid will fight... The Bruins don't need Asham !
    Posted by RMiller87

Besides Horton(http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36611), the Bruins have acquired Campbell. Jeremy Reich and Nathan McIver. These additions will definetely shore up the toughness of the Bruins this season! Don't forget that Reich and McQuaid led Providence (08-09) in penalty minutes two years ago and both are not afraid to drop the gloves. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bookboy007. Show Bookboy007's posts

Mac, that's great, but we're talking about the BOSTON Bruins not the P-Bruins.  If Reich or McIver play a regular season or playoff game in Boston this year, something has gone seriously, seriously wrong.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham : I think you've missed Wensink's point despite the fact he put it all in caps.  And that his post expressed a proposition of addition by subtraction in getting rid of Wheeler, Ryder, and Hunwick.  The goal here isn't to bring in a guy like Asham whatever you think of what he bring to the table. The goal is to get the whole team to play like it cares about winning every inch of ice. The more guys you have who don't play that way, the harder it is to get the rest of the team to buy into that philosophy: Pain wins.  Learn to love it. Some guys have it so deeply ingrained that they could play with 17 Blake Wheelers and they'd never take a shift off.  Sutters were like that as players. Bourque's mantra was do everything hard. Neely was definitely like that.  Orr might have been around longer if he was even slightly less inclined to that philosophy. At his best, Messier was like that.  Skill guys can be that way too.  Trottier, Yzerman, Lafontaine - not many hits there but they all played guts out high tempo and dam the consequences. The majority of guys fall somewhere in between.  Their willing, but eternally inclined.  It takes the right environment and set of circumstances.  This is where, if I was Wensink, I'd be ripping Julien a new one for sucking the life out of guys who are capable of playing with that fire.  I'll leave it at this - when 1/5th of your skaters are anchors on the emotional commitment of the team (Wensink's four horsemen), you have to change the make-up of the team or drastically change the environment.  I think JW will get half his wish.
    Posted by Bookboy007

Yes, the aforementioned Four Horsemen certainly need to learn to assert themselves...

But, are they beyond correctable at this point ?

I don't think so...

The larger responsibility lies with the bench boss who permits these kinda behaviours to persist and doesn't dock the player's playing time on account of them...

Personally, I don't think Julien is correctable...  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthonyalbani89. Show anthonyalbani89's posts

Easy now, Asham would be a nice fit, but Ryder would have to go first, as for the D you pointed out, people are sniffing glue if you think Fernce and Hunwick on the same team will win us a cup!!! no way is there room for both of them, but it may be that way unless a trade is pulled off!! In Response to Re: Aaron Asham :
    Posted by mohawkbruin

Tell them the Team is set, Hunwick is not going anywhere either.  He is signed and will be there again.  HE'll bejust fine, Fernace not so sue, it would be nice to see a whole season out of him. The trades are completed!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from RMiller87. Show RMiller87's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham :   Besides Horton( http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/36611 ), the Bruins have acquired Campbell. Jeremy Reich and Nathan McIver. These additions will definetely shore up the toughness of the Bruins this season! Don't forget that Reich and McQuaid led Providence (08-09) in penalty minutes two years ago and both are not afraid to drop the gloves. 
    Posted by MacV

I was actually quite surprised by this video...

I really didn't even know that Horton could fight...

With McQuaid and Horton, the Bruins have added toughness this year and certainly don't need a small scrapper like Aaron Asham...

Pass ! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham : Chara/Seidenberg Hunwick/Boychuk Ference/Stuart Signed, sealed, delivered. After Stuart re-upped, Chiarelli said they were set on defense; all they have to do is re-sign McQuaid for depth.
    Posted by duinne

Duinne - Despite the fact that Chiarelli said they're all set on D doesn't mean he wouldn't like to obtain a true PP QB out at the point. 

I just mentioned this dilemma on the Burke-Savard trade rumors thread too:  Other than a couple of forwards who can score 30-40 goals (and maybe Horton, Seguin and others will fill that need), a PP QB is the one missing role from this B's club.  Every recent Cup-winning club has had 1-2 good offensive defensemen running the PP.  Chara and Boychuk have the cannon shots, but not the quickness or vision to run the PP; Ference and Seidenberg are okay out there, but don't fit the profile of a Keith, Campbell, Gonchar, Lidstrom, Neidermayer, Pronger, Boyle, or even Corvo/Wesley.  Stuart's out of the question, though maybe they think Hunwick's ready, which I doubt. 

If they don't get a true PP QB, how can the Bruins be considered legit Cup contenders in 2011?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Griswal65. Show Griswal65's posts

put lonewolf in over nhunwick; problem solved (and reich on 4 th line:-) 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from screw-cindy-and-ovie. Show screw-cindy-and-ovie's posts

put lonewolf in over nhunwick; problem solved (and reich on 4 th line:-) 
    Posted by Griswal65

McQuaid isnt ready to play in the NHL full time. Reich is useless.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcher1. Show Fletcher1's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham : McQuaid isnt ready to play in the NHL full time. Reich is useless.
    Posted by screw-cindy-and-ovie

Exactly.  Why bring up McQuaid or Reich just to fight??  We have Thronton who can fight anyone.  Then Lucic, then Stuart, then Horton, then Chara, then Campbell.  We don't need to be idiots like Philly and have 8 guys who want to drop the gloves -- that's stoneheaded thinking.  We have to play tough, not just fight, and we have plenty of guys on the big league roster who can protect our stars.  Good grief, we need talent at this point. 

Obviously nobody liked the lack of response on the Savard hit last year, but that doesn't justify giving Reich a big league spot (where?) for the season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

Reich has more talent than slowfooted Thorn, he scored 21 G in Prov plus played mins on PK, even score a SH goal.

Thorn is about 5 years from his fighting days, yes he will dance with anyone, but that is all it mostly is, is a dance.  He must have bought Cj more beers when the 2 of them were up together as Reich is the one went down. Thorn's raise of 300K is nothing, but it is big when you are against the cap and he is not providing any fire power and should be played no more than 4mins a game plus sit in box for 5.

I would prefer neither of them in the lineup on a day to day basis, just in use for the teams that you know are going to run your team.

McQ played well in playoffs, not spectacular, no points but not any more mistakes than any others either.

Asham would have been nice on our team in last years playoffs, over Begin, Thorn and def Whitf, but he is not needed for this team as he has no seat.

Pugilists are Z, Thorn, Luc, Stuart, Boych, Hort, That is 5. Ference will throw em as well, not often but he is not afraid. Wheeler will double his output of last year and have 2 fights and land 8 punches as he is undefeated as even though he fell last year he landed the only 2 punches (for Stanley).  If Reich and The Wolf are called up they will land their blows as well. We don't have 8 in the lineup, but we do have people there ready to defend their mates. Stuart, Z or Boyc or 2 of the 3 should be out with the Wh-Kr-Ry line as they need backup as none of them can fight, the rest of the team can take care of itself.

I agree with all and have said it many times about Cj taking the Grizzly out of the B's and putting the Panda in, in his turn the other cheek attitude, and it needs to be addressed from the start or it could be another long season, watching the Cookes, Carcillos and Averys run our team wantonly.

This hit from behind rule could hurt us more than others when suspensions are handed out, especially if Thorn Luc & others finish their checks against players that turn their back at last sec and end up in the boards. It will be a wait and see game as to how this becomes called, against whom and when, the B's and Luc are always a target.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from duinne. Show duinne's posts

This hit from behind rule could hurt us more than others when suspensions are handed out, especially if Thorn Luc & others finish their checks against players that turn their back at last sec and end up in the boards. It will be a wait and see game as to how this becomes called, against whom and when, the B's and Luc are always a target.
    Posted by No4BobbyOrr-GOAT

There has always been a hitting from behind penalty, though, like many penalties, it hasn't been called on a consistent basis. The new penalty covers purposeful blows to the head, like Cooke against Savard or Richards against Booth.

Finishing a check doesn't entail hitting someone in the head, and I don't recall Thornton or Lucic ever pulling a Matt Cooke type of hit on anyone.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 86redsox. Show 86redsox's posts

you cant punch a puck in the net.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Asham is exactly the kind of player the B's have tried-and failed- to win with  over the last 2 generations.  Try hard, energy guys who can't put the puck in the net.  Dan Paille, Chuck Kobasew, Steve Leach, Shawn Bates, Dave Shaw, Dave Scatchard, John Carter, Brad Isbister, Shawn McEachern, Ted Donato, Bob Joyce, Shean Donovan, Cam Mann, Landon Wilson, Tom Fitzgerald, Marty LaPointe, Travis Green, Brent Hughes, Steve Heinze, Wayne Primeau, Rob Zamuner, Ken Hodge Jr.  You don't win cups with these guys. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Nice job listing a bunch of players. 

There is nothing at all that ties Aaron Asham to most of those guys.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bhanlon156. Show bhanlon156's posts

Nice job listing a bunch of players.  There is nothing at all that ties Aaron Asham to most of those guys.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

Except that none of them can score either.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: Aaron Asham : Except that none of them can score either.
    Posted by bhanlon156

Ted Donato had a few 20+ goal seasons.

Ken Hodge scored 30 his rookie year.

Kobasew had three 20+ goal seasons.

Heinze had a few 20+ goal seasons.

Just examples, of course, that those guys could score.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Neelybestallaround. Show Neelybestallaround's posts

Bookboy's best post yet - you just reached a new level You get it - Btw, your point regarding CJ is dead on. I said last year that the only guy in the league who could slow down Milan Lucic was Claude Julien. This team is just doing what their told...
    Posted by JWensink

I also agree with you both! Great stuff guys!