According to WEEI's Haggerty Hunwick Drawing Interest

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jayman77. Show jayman77's posts

According to WEEI's Haggerty Hunwick Drawing Interest

According to Weei's Haggerty , Matt Hunwicks agent is being flooded with calls , none from the Bruins. ..... Whatever.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bridgemanusa. Show bridgemanusa's posts

Re: According to WEEI's Haggerty Hunwick Drawing Interest

Chia is going to lose him, or overpay for him. I don't know what is worse.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

It makes no sense why to take the chance and leave talent like this unsigned on a day like today. Some team can offer Hunwick 3MM+ knowing that Chia will not match and Chia will lose another Dman and have no money out there to pick one up. Why not give this kid $1MM per season for 3 years and get this kid signed. I don't get it at all. He's standing pat while other teams in the East are getting stronger or better and we're supposed to be cup contenders just because? We'd better add something in the next few days because all we've done is lose talent. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

It's truely baffling why Hunwick is not signed by now.  Is he holding out for $3 million?  Or does PC really think he can get him cheap by letting offer sheets come in?  Now it's going to cost a bundle more to keep him.  I can sort-of understand letting  Kessel go into free agency, but HUNWICK?  Are you NUTZ, Bruins Mgt? 

Does anyone know what's going on--  why Hunwick has not been signed yet?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from KrayzieJoe. Show KrayzieJoe's posts

In Response to Re: According to WEEI's Haggerty Hunwick Drawing Interest:
    [QUOTE]It makes no sense why to take the chance and leave talent like this unsigned on a day like today. Some team can offer Hunwick 3MM+ knowing that Chia will not match and Chia will lose another Dman and have no money out there to pick one up. Why not give this kid $1MM per season for 3 years and get this kid signed. I don't get it at all. He's standing pat while other teams in the East are getting stronger or better and we're supposed to be cup contenders just because? We'd better add something in the next few days because all we've done is lose talent. 
    Posted by ErnestoGiove[/QUOTE]

We lost Montador and Fernandez so far...you call that losing talent?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skadude22. Show Skadude22's posts

Don't forget Schaeffer. Wink

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ErnestoGiove. Show ErnestoGiove's posts

In Response to Re: According to WEEI's Haggerty Hunwick Drawing Interest:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: According to WEEI's Haggerty Hunwick Drawing Interest : We lost Montador and Fernandez so far...you call that losing talent?
    Posted by KrayzieJoe[/QUOTE]

Losing Talent in the sense that if someone takes Hunwick or Kessel from Boston, they can't replace him because a lot of the talent could be gone by then and the GMs know it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

If a team were to sign hunwick for 3 million wouldnt they have to give up a First and Third Round draft pick. And for Kessel if its over $4.52 they have to give up a First, Second and Third. That isnt really giving up talent if you get picks back. I dont see anyone giving Hunwick that much if that is the compensation as Paul Dupont reported it was if kessel signed an offer sheet. I dont think teams woudl give up more than a 2nd round pick for Hunwick

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tmmanning. Show tmmanning's posts

its per year so depending on what you were saying.

Amount

Compensation Due

$863,156 or less

None

$863,156 - $1,307,811

3rd round pick

$1,307,811 - $2,615,623

2nd round pick

$2,615,623 - $3,923,434

1st and 3rd round pick

$3,923,434 - $5,231,246

1st, 2nd, and 3rd round pick

$5,231,246 - $6,539,061

Two 1st’s, one 2nd, one 3rd round pick

$6,539,061 or more

Four 1st round picks

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

So my guess would be we can match everything below this number $1,307,811 and if anybody will give him like 2 mil we will be stay with 2nd round pick compensation. Probably fair.
    BTW definitely nobody will go above 2,615,623 because it means 1st and 3rd. And if anybody will be so stupid I would be very happy because that's just perfect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Hunwick is worth much more than a second round pick.  He has Brad Park potential.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BruinsCountry. Show BruinsCountry's posts

Hunwick's in a position to dictate this process, good for him.  If you were Hunwick and his agent, what would you do?   Would you have signed with the B's already or...tested the market?  I know what I would have done.  No matter how this goes, Hunwick can't lose.    Chiarelli's hands are tied by the cap; realistically, he had no choice but to wait on Hunwick and Bitz.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

Yeah, but why didn't he sign Hunwick weeks ago?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aspirido. Show aspirido's posts

What number? Do you really think that PC had to sign him for say 3 mil for next 4 years? He got into club in mid-season. Coach complained about his defensive responsibilities. I would say he need at least 2 years of development. So PC probably can't offer him more than 1.5mil and waiting if anybody wants to give him more + draft pick.

Sections
Shortcuts