Adversity (a good thing)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Adversity (a good thing)

Last season the bruins just rolled over teams, even when they played poorly quite often they would get points (then the playoffs). This year they have stumbled out of the gate then lost 2 key players. More often then not teams with playoff success learn how to lose first (this team has very little experience with losing). Hopefully this will make the bruins a better team down the road.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

Re: Adversity (a good thing)

In Response to Adversity (a good thing):
    [QUOTE]Last season the bruins just rolled over teams, even when they played poorly quite often they would get points (then the playoffs). This year they have stumbled out of the gate then lost 2 key players. More often then not teams with playoff success learn how to lose first. Hopefully this will make the bruins a better team down the road.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

thumbnail

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gcolez. Show gcolez's posts

lol grasping at straws and nothing more then that.

Bruins already down 0-2 after 1 period

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

Anybody who truly understands the game knows exactly what I'm talking about. That would exclude the 2 of you.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from epavao. Show epavao's posts

In Response to Re: Adversity (a good thing):
    [QUOTE]Anybody who truly understands the game knows exactly what I'm talking about. That would exclude the 2 of you.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

ouch....that hurts

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

seriously, pauly is right. Adversity can help a team grow. Sometimes they have to figure out new ways to win games, and when you just roll over everyone in the regular season sometimes you don't know what to do when the tempo goes up in the playoffs.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdiddly. Show jdiddly's posts

[QUOTE]Anybody who truly understands the game knows exactly what I'm talking about. That would exclude the 2 of you.
    Posted by pauly1[/QUOTE]

they weren't good enough to get to the conference finals with a legit goal scorer last year...now they need to add a sniper and still address the needs that kept them from advancing.

yes it's still early but even when savard and lucic come back i don't see the Bs becoming as good as they were last year...

...this season has been a disaster so far.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

You have GOT to be kidding. Are you watching this team at all??? Do you not see how pathetic they are??? How can you claim to anything about hockey and say this team is going anywhere but right down the toilet. It boggles the mind...it really does.

Adversity a good thing. That would be funny if it wasn't so truly sad. Can't wait to hear your rationale at the end of the year when they either miss the playoffs or get smoked in the very first round.

It's now 38 years and counting w/out a Stanley Cup (that's right--I'm 100% sure that whatever they do by the end of this year, it most DEFINITELY will not entail hoisting the Stanley Cup.)

But you pom-pom waving, Jacobs-enabling, clueless sycophants keep talking how the Bruins are just a player or 2 away. F---ing unbelievable.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

heyyyyy quick question, in the first half, how did the penguins look last year. I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying that a rough start does not necessarily doom them to a season of mediocrity. They did well enough last year so that you should expect them to figure things out. Granted, some players look terrible, like Sturm, but this is the 14th game of a long season and i guarantee you (taking ANY bet) that the Bruins will be playing more than 82 games this year

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TryToBearIt. Show TryToBearIt's posts

They might make the playoffs. It would be premature to write them out of the post season after 14 games--true enough.

But you know as well as I do that this team as constituted right now is built for nothing better than a 1st or 2nd round exit. Based on what I;m seeing right now this is the mirror image of the team from 2 years back that cannot find the back of the net and the only difference now is that Thomas isn;t as sharp in net. What does that tell you for what lies ahead?

My question ultimately is: at what point do we as a fan base realize that it's going on 4 decades w/out a title and nothing's changing. At what point do we have to admit that there is something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with this franchise and that it starts with ownership and filters on down to the on-ice product? At what point do we stop making excuses for them?

This is not Pittsburgh. Sidney Crosby isn;t skating thru that door, and neither is Malkin or Marc Andres Fleury. They are NOT going to suddenly turn this around just b/c Savvy and (the vastly overrated) Lucic are coming back in a month. They were playing like crud before those guys left and when they come back and keep playing like crud the excuse then will be "oh, they just need time to get their timing back" and before you know it the pollyannas will all be talking about how if they can just squeeze into the final 8 they'll make some noise.

I'm sick of it. I know a crud hockey team when I see one and this year's team is it. I will say it again b/c it bears repeating: Bill Parcells says "you are what your record says you are." Well, the Bruins were a 2nd round KO last year that did NOTHING to improve and in fact got worse by losing their leading goal scorer.

You do the math.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdiddly. Show jdiddly's posts

[QUOTE]heyyyyy quick question, in the first half, how did the penguins look last year. I'm not comparing the two, I'm just saying that a rough start does not necessarily doom them to a season of mediocrity. They did well enough last year so that you should expect them to figure things out. Granted, some players look terrible, like Sturm, but this is the 14th game of a long season and i guarantee you (taking ANY bet) that the Bruins will be playing more than 82 games this year
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

the way it's going...86 at best.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

You know as well as I do this team has a bunch of guys that have shown that they can play MUCH MUCH better than they are playing right now....brief list
    Thomas - the biggy
    Wheeler
    Ryder
    Krejci
    Sturm
    Chara
    Savard (not playing)
    Lucic (not playing)
    Wideman
    Recchi

Just about the only guys playing really well are Bergeron and Mark Stuart.
    We have half our team under achieving, but athletes turn it around. Ortiz was hands down the worst DH in baseball first 8 weeks or so, and then turned it aroun....athletes do this. Making any judgement about this team after 14 games is premature. It would be silly to assume that Detroit is out of it and it would asinine to assume that were going to see a Pittsburgh Colorado Cup finals.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]I'm sick of it. I know a crud hockey team when I see one and this year's team is it. I will say it again b/c it bears repeating: Bill Parcells says "you are what your record says you are." Well, the Bruins were a 2nd round KO last year that did NOTHING to improve and in fact got worse by losing their leading goal scorer. You do the math.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

So your incredibly helpful suggestion is what? Not be a fan? Not go to the games? Not watch them on TV or buy the merchandise?

Well sorry chum(p). I might agree with some of what you said, but I am still a die hard BOSTON BRUIN fan and I will support this team despite how hard they make it sometimes. You can go jump on the Red Wing bandwagon.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pauly1. Show pauly1's posts

[QUOTE]They might make the playoffs. It would be premature to write them out of the post season after 14 games--true enough. But you know as well as I do that this team as constituted right now is built for nothing better than a 1st or 2nd round exit. Based on what I;m seeing right now this is the mirror image of the team from 2 years back that cannot find the back of the net and the only difference now is that Thomas isn;t as sharp in net. What does that tell you for what lies ahead? My question ultimately is: at what point do we as a fan base realize that it's going on 4 decades w/out a title and nothing's changing. At what point do we have to admit that there is something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with this franchise and that it starts with ownership and filters on down to the on-ice product? At what point do we stop making excuses for them? This is not Pittsburgh. Sidney Crosby isn;t skating thru that door, and neither is Malkin or Marc Andres Fleury. They are NOT going to suddenly turn this around just b/c Savvy and (the vastly overrated) Lucic are coming back in a month. They were playing like crud before those guys left and when they come back and keep playing like crud the excuse then will be "oh, they just need time to get their timing back" and before you know it the pollyannas will all be talking about how if they can just squeeze into the final 8 they'll make some noise. I'm sick of it. I know a crud hockey team when I see one and this year's team is it. I will say it again b/c it bears repeating: Bill Parcells says "you are what your record says you are." Well, the Bruins were a 2nd round KO last year that did NOTHING to improve and in fact got worse by losing their leading goal scorer. You do the math.
    Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE] You make some good points(other than your take on looch). Don't forget the bruins for the most part are very young, and all those high picks can be used in so many different ways. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bruinfaninnewjersey. Show Bruinfaninnewjersey's posts

[QUOTE]You know as well as I do this team has a bunch of guys that have shown that they can play MUCH MUCH better than they are playing right now....brief list Thomas - the biggy Wheeler Ryder Krejci Sturm Chara Savard (not playing) Lucic (not playing) Wideman Recchi
    Posted by dkrejci46[/QUOTE]

Hold on! Take Timmy off the list since he hasn't gotten any help at all!!!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThirdJersey. Show ThirdJersey's posts

Their passing isn't crisp. They dish pucks to opens spots after their teammates have already moved on, they work hard but the bounces don't go their way. If they get a chance to shoot they pass the puck instead... It's mental and they're all stuck in the same groove... 

and our 4th line stinks without Bitz!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from dkrejci46. Show dkrejci46's posts

timmy has given away a couple games....jersey for example

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Nolakanookie2. Show Nolakanookie2's posts

But... But... But... Timmah won the Vezina!!! Timmah is an elite goaltender!!!

Timmah is the $20 million dollar man!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

[QUOTE] At what point do we have to admit that there is something FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG with this franchise and that it starts with ownership and filters on down to the on-ice product? At what point do we stop making excuses for them? This is not Pittsburgh. Sidney Crosbyisn;t skating thru that door, and neither is Malkin or Marc Andres Fleury. They are NOT going to suddenly turn this around just b/c Savvy and (the vastly overrated) Lucic are coming back in a month.  You do the math. Posted by TryToBearIt[/QUOTE]

So according to you TrytoDoanyMathIt an organization should finish last several years in a row with the worst record in the NHL ala Pittsburgh. Then get the 1st Overall pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft Marc Andres Fleury, then the 2nd overall pick in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft Evgeni Malkin, then the 1st overall pick in 2005 NHL Draft Crosby!?

Great example using Pittsburgh brainiac! Keep up the useless analysis!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Can anyone say "Snakebitten?"  It happens in hockey and it blows but thats just the way it is sometimes.  Ryder hits the post, Sturm puts it on the red line...they were buzzing and getting chances but not getting any bounces.  I really liked the line combinations tonight, I thought they played well.  I'm not saying that this team will hoist the cup but they are better than the record shows thats for sure. Just for kicks, did anyone hear what Kessel had to say today to the media??  He wanted to play in Toronto because its a hockey town where fans are passionate about "their team!!"  Unlike most of the so called fans that post on this site!!

If you don't like the team....go root for the Yankees!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from flossy8. Show flossy8's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Adversity (a good thing) : Biggest joke in the NHL? Do you watch hockey imaFAG. Bruins outplayed the Wings tonight. Leafs have one win this year, Carolina has lost 9 in a row, the Rangers have Sean Avery and the Habs have you as a fan. There is a lot worse than the Bruins right now. Say something intelligent once in your twelve years on earth and people might take you seriously.
    Posted by Reilly24[/QUOTE]

Calm down little girl would ya? If the Bruins outplayed the Wings they would have won... Which they didn't!

Check the standings lately? The Bruins are 4th in thier own division and 12th in the conference. That is PATHETIC!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

Hey "FairbankAK"....I know the Kessel reference isn't news!! (unlike some posters here, I follow hockey)  I was making a point about the so called fans in Boston, ever hear of reading comprehension??  Leafs fans are probably the best fans in the league...at least they support the team thats on the ice and aren't fixated on ownership!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FairbankAK. Show FairbankAK's posts

[QUOTE]Hey "FairbankAK"....I know the Kessel reference isn't news!! (unlike some posters here, I follow hockey)  I was making a point about the so called fans in Boston, ever hear of reading comprehension??  Leafs fans are probably the best fans in the league...at least they support the team thats on the ice and aren't fixated on ownership!!
    Posted by scottm50[/QUOTE]

k guess not important what Kessel said although was originally said when was signed by Leafs. i get your point.
    as for best hockey fans you are 100% WRONG !  ask anyone living in Ontario and will tell how naive they really are. All that exists are the Leafs and they cup belongs to them every year. btw they havent won a cup since early 60s. much longer than the Bruins.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottm50. Show scottm50's posts

FairbankAK.....
    Cool....I'm just tired of all the Bruins "fans" crapping on the team and blaming it on ownership!!  I have a couple of buddies who are Leafs fans and they bleed blue even though they haven't raised the cup since 1967....as far as I'm concerned, thats a true fan.  I also have a couple of friends who chase the cup around every season...hockey fans with no history!!  haha  I get frustrated with the effort the team puts forth sometimes but I've been wearing the black and gold for a long while now and I'm not gonna change.  I just hope I get to see them raise the cup again....soon!!!

Sections
Shortcuts