After Stuart signing

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobby774. Show bobby774's posts

After Stuart signing

After this signing the Bruins have about 2 million left under cap and still 4 players to sign, Chiarelli said he'd have enough to get everybody in, but I think he did not know a bout this cap penalty. and is now in deep and has to trade someone. Marc Savard will be the one traded away to make the room, which will probably mean we won't get much in return probably prospect and picks, because we cant take on more on the cap!  Your thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

Re: After Stuart signing

If there are no trades to PC's liking, I look to see Ryder in Providence

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hockguy0818. Show Hockguy0818's posts

In Response to Re: After Stuart signing:
    If there are no trades to PC's liking, I look to see Ryder in Providence
    Posted by RascalHoudi

^This

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveyN. Show DaveyN's posts

what do you think the lines will look like sans Ryder?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to After Stuart signing:
    After this signing the Bruins have about 2 million left under cap and still 4 players to sign, Chiarelli said he'd have enough to get everybody in, but I think he did not know a bout this cap penalty. and is now in deep and has to trade someone. Marc Savard will be the traded away to make the room, which will probably mean we won't get much in return probably prospect and picks, because we cant take on more on the cap!  Your thoughts?
    Posted by bobby774

Campbell, Wheeler, Seguin.  Who am I missing?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from No4BobbyOrr-GOAT. Show No4BobbyOrr-GOAT's posts

FORWARDS
    Patrice Bergeron $4,750,000
    Milan Lucic $4,083,333
    Marc Savard $4,007,143
    Michael Ryder $4,000,000
    Nathan Horton $4,000,000
    David Krejci $3,750,000
    * Blake Wheeler $2,825,000
    Mark Recchi ($950,000)$1,950,000
    Joe Colborne $1,100,000
    Daniel Paille $1,075,000
    * Seguin $900,000
    Shawn Thornton $812,500
    DEFENSEMEN
    Zdeno Chara $7,500,000
    Dennis Seidenberg $3,250,000
    Andrew Ference $2,250,000
    Johnny Boychuk $1,875,000
    Mark Stuart $1,675,000
    Matt Hunwick $1,450,000
    GOALTENDERS
    Tim Thomas $5,000,000
    Tuukka Rask $1,250,000
    BUYOUTS
    Peter Schaefer$766,667
    Patrick Eaves$-41,667
    LOST VIA REENTRY WAIVERS
    NONE
    CARRY-OVER BONUS PENALTY
     $1,759,795
    CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
    ROSTER SIZE20
    SALARY CAP$59,400,000
    PAYROLL$59,987,771
    BONUSES$950,000
    CAP SPACE$362,229

This has Sturm off lineup as is on LTI, Seg as 900K rest will be bonus's, Colb's 1.1 will leave when Sturm comes back, Wheeler is at his last year salary.

Sturm out 2months 1.088M saved leaves 2.41 salary
    Colb at 1.1@2m 341k used add 658k + 362Cap=1.2Mcap
    2.41-1.2=1.2 cap that will need to be moved plus add back replacement.
    Move Hunw 1.45 gives 250K cap not enough for replacement.
    Move Thorn for Reich and that adds 300 k, hunw can now be replaced by McIver or other B at 500K.

It can be done but someone has too move or someones.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from CarolinaClamMan. Show CarolinaClamMan's posts

How about moving Ference?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from SanDogBrewin. Show SanDogBrewin's posts

PC has hinted that McQuaid will stay as well as Campbell and Wheeler. Me thinks it will be Hunwick and/or Ference that goes Chiarelli if he doesn't send Ryder to Providence. It's going to be a long summer of guessing because Chiarelli also stated the he is standing pat which means meh...more EVALUATING

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from bogie6. Show bogie6's posts

Interesting analysis Bobbygoat, shows some of the manipulations that chia must follow. Colborne is not yet on the B's roster, but the 1.1 you allocated will go mostly to Campbell. At the moment we should assume that only Seguin will make the roster, but we still need to see what happens in September's pre-season. Chia has praised both Hunwick as " emerging" and McQuaid, so defense is set. Bergeron and Chara will be "extended", but that is next year's money when Ryder/Sturm/Schaeffer money is definitely off the books, and we can probably see Colborne and Caron plus McNight.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: After Stuart signing : I think McQuaid.
    Posted by Davidorr

Thanks, David.  I don't see McQuaid as a necessary element.  If he won't take a very cheap two way deal, he can go away.  There are plenty of good, cheap  defensemen in the AHL who could fill the seventh defenseman slot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

do send players to the minors do they have to clear waivers, or is that just on re-entry
    Posted by pbergeron37

Two way contracts are free to travel.  One way contracts have to go through waivers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

Wheeler's salary last year was only 875,000K. He was a cap hit of 2,825,000  because of his bonus numbers of 1,950,000. There can be no way he achieved those bonuses unless they were for correctly tying his skates! So to give Wheeler a 10% raise his salary would be right around 1 million.
    I would think a 3 year/6 million deal would get it done, for a 2mil/year cap hit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomalaC77. Show TomalaC77's posts

The problem I see with the salary break down is that Seguin's cap hit will be around 3 to 3.5 million. Taylor Hall's cap hit is 3.75 million each of the next three years. Hedman (#2 in 2009) cap hit is 3.5 million. So Seguin is going to come in close to that. It is a base salary of 900,000 plus bonuses. PC is going to have move somebody to get Seguin on the roster this year.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from savybergy77. Show savybergy77's posts

The problem I see with the salary break down is that Seguin's cap hit will be around 3 to 3.5 million. Taylor Hall's cap hit is 3.75 million each of the next three years. Hedman (#2 in 2009) cap hit is 3.5 million. So Seguin is going to come in close to that. It is a base salary of 900,000 plus bonuses. PC is going to have move somebody to get Seguin on the roster this year.
    Posted by TomalaC77

Your exactly right. They basically have to get rid of Ryder just to fit Seguin in. So if that's the case do you think we would be better to let Seguin go back to the OHL and play in the world juniors until next year?  Then next year Sturm, Ryder would come off the books and then we could restructure Chara's and Bergeron's contracts to fit him in.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TomalaC77. Show TomalaC77's posts

In Response to Re: After Stuart signing : Your exactly right. They basically have to get rid of Ryder just to fit Seguin in. So if that's the case do you think we would be better to let Seguin go back to the OHL and play in the world juniors until next year?  Then next year Sturm, Ryder would come off the books and then we could restructure Chara's and Bergeron's contracts to fit him in.
    Posted by savybergy77

I think sending Seguin back to the OHL would do nothing for his progression as a player. Besides that, Recchi is back to not only be the leader but to mentor young players, especially Seguin. PC has got to move players, if he doesn't Seguin will have to go back to the OHL and we might lose Wheeler. As Bruins fans whowould we rather lose, Wheeler or Ryder? I think that Ference, Hunwick, Ryder, Savard and Thomas are all on the block. As much as I hate to include Savard and Thomas, their salaries pu them into this catagory.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RascalHoudi. Show RascalHoudi's posts

In Response to Re: After Stuart signing : Two way contracts are free to travel.  One way contracts have to go through waivers.
    Posted by Not-A-Shot

NAS... you're napping here.  wake up  :)

Whether a contract is one way or two way has no bearing on waivers.  It merely allows the team to pay the player a lower salary if he is not with the big club.   Waiver eligibility is based on formulas with age and games played.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In Response to Re: After Stuart signing : NAS... you're napping here.  wake up  :) Whether a contract is one way or two way has no bearing on waivers.  It merely allows the team to pay the player a lower salary if he is not with the big club.   Waiver eligibility is based on formulas with age and games played.
    Posted by RascalHoudi

Thanks Rascal.  Long day...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49thparallel. Show 49thparallel's posts

Wouldn't Sequin's bonuses go against next years Cap?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bostonfan4ever2010. Show Bostonfan4ever2010's posts

Wouldn't Sequin's bonuses go against next years Cap?
    Posted by 49thparallel

Yes 49 you are correct all bonuses are counted against next years cap for Entry Level(EL) deals as opposed to likely to be earned bonuses like Recchi's which are counted in the same year.

Sections
Shortcuts