Alex Auld?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bru-incanada. Show bru-incanada's posts

Alex Auld?

Please. if tim is going to be out for a long time lets send rask to the AHL so he can play, learn and grow into his role as the future #1. like i said a couple of days ago lets start the fire sale now.

as for tonight I HATE THE HABS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Alex Auld?

What fire sale?

The Bruins came into this season with two potential #1 goalies, and now both of them are going to be out for a while, the team is playing pretty good right now, and you want to send Rask down? Yea, that makes sense. Let's just trash the final 3/4s of the season because Thomas is injured.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Alex Auld?

lol, they are in the playoffs if the season ended today and you want to blow it up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Alex Auld?

Great move PC ! traded Toivenen for someone who is not even going to play this year.
    Traded Kalus and a pick for damaged goods - aka Manny Fernandez
    Trade a low level prospect AND a draft pick for someone's left over goalie?

Wow, thanks PC !! you stink!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RH1. Show RH1's posts

Alex Auld?

lol, they are in the playoffs if the season ended today

"LOL" what a stupid post, if my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RH1. Show RH1's posts

Alex Auld?

Chiarelli needed to have a clue in the first place and then the Bruins wouldn't be in yet another mid season mess

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Alex Auld?

I find myself asking the same questions over and over, yet I never seem to get an answer....

How is the GM responsible for an injury? Seriously.

Thomas is clearly not a #1 goalie.....at least he is not the type of guy that is going to "carry" a team. Hannu wasn't going to fill that roll, so he was traded off. Fernandez was the best available option out there, so he was picked up figuring the two of them would battle it out for the #1 spot, having two goalies that COULD be #1s would force each other to play harder. It worked for both the Penguins and the Red Wings in the past.

Fernandez steps on a puck and injures himself, now TT is injured. Rask isn't ready to carry a team....and even if he was, who is going to be the backup? With TTs injury they had no choice but to go get someone who can fill the spot on a temp basis.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from RH1. Show RH1's posts

Alex Auld?

who said he was responsible for an injury, Chiapet should have never gone after the veteran Manny for his 2 years worth of salary at over 9 million and his knee problems and questionable attitude. It was a stupid move then and a stupid move now. There were plenty of other low cost alternatives at the time like Alex Auld that he could have went after and had additional cap space to make moves with.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Alex Auld?

so you wouldn't be bitching even more rt now if the bruins had 20 pts and already out of the playoff hunt. I wonder if all the teams with 31 pts or less are also looking to have a fire sale.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RH1. Show RH1's posts

Alex Auld?

"lol" @ allbost, always defending haha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Alex Auld?

Oh come on man, you can't be serious with that one. The only reason you are stressing about PC is because Manny and TT are hurt.

Say what you will about Fernandez, but he is light years ahead of Alex Auld.....hell, Hannu is better than Auld.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from RH1. Show RH1's posts

Alex Auld?

I was saying the same thing when chiaroni got Manny in that deal in the first place, he was already injury prone and had a questionable attitude and it's not like the Bruins were going to win the cup in the next 2 years so why not get a cheaper alternative for a goaltender and spend that money more wisely instead of having another money pit on this team. Thats horrible management

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Alex Auld?

Honestly I thought it was a decent move, figuring the current situation. I wanted to see Rask start for the baby Bs this season, and bringing in someone who would challenge TT for the #1 spot would push him to fix his issues. I think bringing in a run-of-the-mill backup would not have "pushed" TT enough, and he would have felt safe in his spot...so bringing in an Auld to start the season would not have been productive. A guy like Fernandez was the only available "potential" #1 guy out there that could push TT and challenge him for the starting spot. His attitude would have been straightened out by him also trying to be the #1 guy. If you want a guy to bring his A game, make him earn his time.

This has been an on going issue since Moog was traded, they keep bringing in these guys who are not good enough to be that #1 kind of guy who can carry a team....they seem to always bring in goalies who are "good enough". Even the young guys who showed promise were ridden into the ground with no real time to develop. Boston is like a goalie hospice.....where goalies go to die.

That is why I wanted to see Rask play a full season as a starter in Providence, let our coaches evaluate him and fix his flaws...basically ready him for the NHL.

What's Lemelin doing these days?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

Alex Auld?

lol at all the TT haters.get use to the 4-5 goals against.

Don'twant it to happen but won't be surprised

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bru-incanada. Show bru-incanada's posts

Alex Auld?

That is why I wanted to see Rask play a full season as a starter in Providence, let our coaches evaluate him and fix his flaws...basically ready him for the NHL.

Thank You. at least you know what the Bruins do to the young and not ready.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bru-incanada. Show bru-incanada's posts

Alex Auld?

but the season isnt ending today, thats the problem. as usual there is going to be a bunch of teams fighting for the last playoff spot. and just incase you dont know how the draft order works here is a quick lesson.

the top 6 teams have a legit chance of winning the cup. thats a good spot to be.

the teams that scrach their way in and or just miss the playoffs get sh*ty placements in the draft as well.

why not let rask play,learn and grow into the roll in the A? because IF he plays well this year everyone will be happy. IF next year he plays poor everyone will hate him and guess what the bruins ruined another young goalie.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cberbes. Show cberbes's posts

Alex Auld?

Thank You. at least you know what the Bruins do to the young and not ready.

I think that was the original plan, I thought they were going to do the "right" thing and have Rask start in the AHL the whole season. But those plans were scrapped when Fernandez went down.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from anthony3063. Show anthony3063's posts

Alex Auld?

Soderberg a SuperStar? Slow down Cowboy!! There are very few superstars in the NHL, so you gotta be careful about throwing that word around ok..
    B's fans are 'hopeful' at this time..but lets proceed with caution, not blind faith..

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bigvig. Show bigvig's posts

Alex Auld?

Im really disappointed Soderberg isnt here as I have high hopes for him too. I like what Ive seen of him and his numbers, size, etc., say he could be a top 3 on any team. Reminds me of Billy Guerin kind of. I hope he is in a Boston jersey sooner than later.

Sections
Shortcuts